MangoApps Reviews

• Overall

About MangoApps

MangoApps integrates intranet, communication, and training into a unified platform, bridging the gap between desk and deskless workers.

Learn more about MangoApps

Max V.
Manager & Sr. Engineer, Technology Operations
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2019

"MangoApps is still not mature enough"

Comments: Disappointing. The product has potential but with the many failures on deployment and configuration, this is a product to be purchased for cheap, rather than for the price that they are asking.

Pros: Basic users have an easy to use experience.

Cons: Users who manage content have many problems.
On-Prem is still an immature product. Many problems and support does not know how to work with it.

• Reviewed on 26/04/2019
Pamela O.
Sales & Recruiting Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 18/04/2019

"Flexible Functionality"

Comments: We have been looking for a document management/sharing and collaboration tool for over a year. MangoApps matched all of our requirements. We tried the trial version and loved it! Unfortunately, we are a small company and could not afford the product.

Pros: MangoApps has many solutions and is user friendly. Was relatively easy to set up and begin using.

Cons: There is so much functionality in the tool that it was a bit overwhelming at first. I found that it was much easier to use and master the tool by removing the functionality that wasn't a top priority.

by MangoApps on 25/04/2019

Pamela, thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your business, and are glad to see that MangoApps fits well into your work flow. I'll be sure to pass along your feedback around Mango being overwhelming with all of the tools enabled. Thank you again!

• Reviewed on 18/04/2019
Carles B.
Retail

"A very helpful tool"

Pros: Help with the internal communication. Help to collect data as a database. Help in managing and creating projects.

Cons: Price. I mean, it is not expensive, but it has features that I don't need and I pay for it.

Louie W.
Software Development Manager
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Tiny Take"

Comments: Many capture tools available but for my particular use Tiny Take work exceptionally well.

Pros: Simple to use, Small footprint, Nice feature set

Cons: Colors don't work quite like I expected with the other features, but easy to work though.

by MangoApps on 15/12/2018

Thank you for reviewing TinyTake Louie!

Daniel R.
Retail, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"Great product to inspire and bring your employees together."

Comments: Building a more connected workforce.
Employee comments / suggestions have increased.
More and more is becoming paper free.

Pros: Very customisable.
Simple to administrate.
The support from Mango is first class - any niggles were quickly resolved.
Responsive to hashtags / tagging.
The range of functionality is massive.
Very easy to build and edit pages.

Cons: The pre-set notifications was bombarding emails on day one - we quickly were able to reset the defaults to reduce the number sent and make sure they were relevant.

by MangoApps on 21/12/2018

Daniel, thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! We appreciate your feedback and satisfaction. I will be sure to pass your feedback along. Cheers!

Ashaunti L.
Crisis Responder
Individual & Family Services, 501-1,000 Employees

"MangoApps for Work Use"

Pros: I like that there is an easy layout and an option for mobile app as I travel a lot for work.

Cons: No complaints thus far as I typically only access the pages I need for my team.

by MangoApps on 03/08/2020

Ashaunti, thanks for reviewing MangoApps! We're happy to have you as a user and glad to see it fitting in your workflow. Your feedback has been shared with our team, thank you again!

Chris I.
Consultant
Management Consulting
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2015

"Solid, always getting better, some unique features"

Pros: Web-based access is a plus; TinyTake is great to attach photos to areas; client collaboration is very helpful. The product always gets better with the new feature additions. The user interface is solid and clean and easy to understand. Great for file storage and documenting things.

Cons: Wish I could add my own fields and apps inside the platform. Would like the ability to track some more project-level details.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2015
Jerry C.
Architect
Design, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2020

"Go Mango!"

Pros: Mango is a great application for intra-office social networking and social governance.

Cons: Another platform to jump on but once implemented its great.

• Reviewed on 07/10/2020
Magali V.
Marketing Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

"Love Mango"

Comments: Love Mango and that we can communicate better with our staff.

Pros: Mango is easy to use for everyone in our company.

Cons: Some simple things are missing like a gallery/photo album option.

by MangoApps on 03/08/2020

Magali, thanks for reviewing MangoApps! We're happy to have you as a user and glad to see it fitting in your workflow. Your feedback has been shared with our team, thank you again!

Renee J.
marketing manager
Philanthropy
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2015

"Account Administrator for mid-size nonprofit"

Pros: MangoApps could essential replace Outlook. The system is very robust, offers many customization options and a user friendly dashboard. I especially like the MS Word plug-in to eliminate the feeling of having to always log into the system . I can not only track my individual projects, but also track group projects as well. We have introduced all of our freelance designer to this platform and it enables us to track their workload and deliverables. The app is functional too! It makes sending and reviewing files while on the-go super easy.

Cons: The Wikki is hard to use and not very intuitive. We haven't had much luck using it especially when trying to use it for Microsoft Excel.

Human Resources Coordinator
Information Services, 51-200 Employees

"Honest MangoApps Review"

Comments: The main benefit aside from a central location for our files is keeping employees who are spread out across four countries connected.

Pros: I like that it brings a social networking style "intranet" for our company. We can store shared files, have a nice company directory, and post fun updates to all. We are an international company and it is a great tool for keeping remote employees connected.

Cons: The search feature doesn't always pick up what I'm looking for, which can be frustrating.

by MangoApps on 15/12/2018

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback! I'm glad that you are enjoying the social aspect of MangoApps, and find it a great tool to keep employees connected. I will be sure to pass on your feedback regarding search, but i'd love to urge you to reach out to our support team to understand if there is something more immediate that we can address or train on if needed. Thank you again!

Kamran R.
Software Developer
  • Reviewed on 03/11/2018

"Wikis are the best"

Comments: Our entire knowledge base is being handled by mango apps. We're categorized into different departments so the departments feature for us is very handy.

Pros: User management, departments and roles have been best organized. The APIs are a big plus. We usually use skype for text communication but we've also considered mango apps chat as an alternative.

Cons: It should have a desktop application as well, like for macbook and windows.

by MangoApps on 15/12/2018

Thank you for your review Kamran! I'm happy to hear that MangoApps is working well for your business and that the APIs make life easier. As you may already know, we do have desktop apps for Mac/PC that allows for communication and composing posts/updates, questions, polls and more into any team as needed. It is not the full experience of Mango like on web, but i'll be sure to pass your feedback along. Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 03/11/2018
William J.
Support Staff
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2020

"Great collaboration software"

Comments: We use it to disseminate information throughout our 3 shifts am, pm, and gy. It is a handy tool so that the oncoming shift knows what happened in the previous shift and any hotspots to look out for.

Pros: The product is easy to use. Its a great collaboration tool that helps the organization disseminate information throughout our 3 shifts am, pm, and gy.

Cons: There are no features I can see that need to be added to this software application.

by MangoApps on 03/08/2020

William, thanks for reviewing MangoApps! We're happy to have you as a user and glad to see it fitting in your workflow. Your feedback has been shared with our team, thank you again!

• Reviewed on 11/07/2020
Steve P.
Senior Art Director / Associate
Architecture & Planning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"Overall, I've had a very positive experience with the MangoApps software."

Pros: The MangoApps software has been a very powerful tool for our company. What I like most so far is definitely the customer service. The MangoApps team is always willing to listen to our feedback and implement new features and requests to make sure that their product is the best it can be, and that it always meets our company needs.

Cons: It can be difficult at times to learn all of the ins and outs of this product (especially the settings) because of the many different menus and sub-menus you have to dive into to discover and make these types of changes.

by MangoApps on 20/12/2018

Steve, thank you for your review of MangoApps! We truly appreciate your feedback and are glad to have you as a customer. It is an honor to know that customers realize the power of MangoApps, and enjoy the overall experience. If there is anything we can do to help you or others with the learning process, please pass that feedback along! Thank you again

Reinard D.
GM Marketing
Civic & Social Organization, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2018

"Great third party tool that seamlessly does what you wanted to do"

Comments: While definitely a compliment, TinyTake has become one of those apps I forget about, it's there and I use it, without it taking effort or thought, it has become part of my workflow.

Pros: TinyTake is one of those apps that answers a question, you normally sit in front of your laptop and want to do something, but you aren't sure how and or if you can. When it comes to screen capturing, recording, sharing and editing, TinyTake answers any question you might have around these functions. It has a great set of core functionality that is free to use, and if you wanted to delve deeper into the video side, you can go Premium.

Cons: Nothing has bothered me to this point, and the way I use the software, it hasn't not been able to do something I wanted to do.

by MangoApps on 15/12/2018

Thank you for your review Reinard! We're glad that TinyTake works well for you. It is an honor to know that it has become a natural part of your workflow, thank you for being a value customer! Cheers

Kevin B.
Software Developer
Building Materials, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2018

"TinyTake is Awesome"

Comments: So far the program has worked flawlessly and made it easy to share my screenshots in a meaniful way with fellow employees and clients.

Pros: It makes it easy to capture what you want from the screen, annotate what you want to highlight, and paste to documents and/or email.

Cons: It requires you to use Shift along with Control + C instead of just Control + C for copying what you have ready for pasting. It is only something you have to learn and is not much of an issue.

by MangoApps on 15/12/2018

Kevin, thank you for taking the time to review TinyTake and provide feedback! I'm glad to see that it is working well for you and your business. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 29/10/2018
Wole L.
ED
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"High business value due to the number of useful modules. Very irritating billing."

Comments: Keeps the whole company on one page.

Pros: Range of modules (wikis, posts, groups, projects, calendars, etc).
No apparent limits on data storage.

Cons: Many international debit/credit cards don't work on the payment platform, and to make matters worse the company shuts off access to your account as soon as a payment fails. Many complaints on this have had no impact.

by MangoApps on 20/12/2018

Wole, thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that you find MangoApps to be the right solution for your business and realize the power of our modules. I am sorry that there have been issues with billing. Have your billing issues been resolved? Please let us know.

Tim M.
Head of IT
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"MangoApps is a great , flexible tool for our organisation's intranet. Highly recommended!"

Pros: MangoApps are constantly evolving the product in response to user needs. We selected it following a thorough review of the market and it ticked all our boxes as a cross between a collaboration platform and organisational intranet. It offered significantly more functionality compared to competitors at the price point. Since becoming customers we have seen regular significant improvements in the product.

Cons: The release of some new features have on occasion had unexpected consequences for the setup of our intranet although we have always been able to resolve or workaround these.

by MangoApps on 21/12/2018

Tim, thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! We appreciate your feedback and satisfaction. I will be sure to pass your feedback along regarding updates/releases. Thanks again!

Wareh O.
Software Engineer
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2018

"My experience has been nice. I've used MangoApps before now and its a great means of communication."

Comments: Mangoapps made my onboarding easy.
I find it easy to assign tasks to team members.
The wiki functionality is very useful because it gives our developers a pool of information the can always refer to as well as update if need be.

Pros: The existence of groups.
Ability to create wikis for developers to study.
The mention notification
Badges - its fun
Great place for proper onboarding of new employees.

Cons: I'd prefer if I could view content of any group but the extra functionality will be not to be able to post comments. I always have to make requests to join a group where I need to access specific information.

by MangoApps on 20/12/2018

Thank you for your review Wareh! It means a lot to us that you've taken the time to provide feedback. I'm glad to hear that we've made onboarding easy for you and your business. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 21/03/2018
Kevin S.
Schools-Community Relations Coordinator
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2018

"TinyTake Saves Me Tons Of Time"

Pros: I use TinyTake for a versatile snipping tool that allows me to quickly and easily capture any region and place it where I need it, or into a file for later. The screen recording tool (up to 5 minutes per clip on my free use app) has been a tremendous boost for creating training and informational videos at work.

Cons: The touch-up tools for editing a screenshot are not strong. Maybe that's expected as this is FREE, and I can drop the snipped region into any program in seconds. But there are times I would like to do that work native in TinyTake, and since the option is there, I include that in my rating.

by MangoApps on 15/12/2018

Thank you for your feedback Kevin! I'm glad to see that TinyTake has been a versatile tool that saves you time, that is exactly what we've set out to accomplish. I will also be sure to pass along your feedback regarding the touch-up and annotation tools. Thanks again!

Bruce B.
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"One of the better intranet/portal offerings available. Very powerful."

Comments: Ability to spin up mini sites for teams and groups to help them collaborate effectively and quickly. The product is able to support many users, all with different needs and styles, and still be managed by one central team/admin. We could potentially have used lesser products that were cheaper, but they all hit the wall at some point, with some missing feature or capability. We have yet to find a hole in what MangoApps offers that truly caused a problem. In addition, they update the product frequently, and introduce new tools and features all the time.

Pros: While there are a host of similar SaaS offerings in this space, they all seem to fall short in one area or the next. Some capabilities are missing, the feature set is not complete, it has reduced/limited functionality, etc. MangoApps is one of the few that has a refreshingly wide breadth of features and capabilities, combined with admin options for customizing and branding to your needs. When considering a collaborative tool like this, it can only be helpful to you if it has the ability to support all of your needs. MangoApps has that. Projects, Departments, Teams and Groups allow you to tailor the site to your organizational structure. Within each of those, there are tools for managing documents, group sharing/collaborating, managing tasks, calendaring, creating informational and blog pages, social interactions (feeds of discussions, etc), as well as a wide variety of pseudo database-like "trackers" for action items, defect tracking, managing resources, ideas, and so on. And if the stock trackers aren't enough, you can create your own and reuse them. The admin features are powerful and granular, meaning you can control almost every aspect of your site, including visibility, access, branding, configuration and more. User membership is also granular, and includes guest accounts which don't count against per-user limits. Our main reason for choosing MangoApps was because it was capable of satisfying every box we had on our list. The others fell short. Highly recommended!

Cons: Along with awesome features, can come some confusion. MangoApps has evolved and improved on a very regular schedule, which means new features and capabilities are added all the time. Unless you stay on top of the changes, you may get lost in the many admin pages provided. The good aspect of that is that they are constantly improving (unlike some others that haven't changed in years) and growing the product, but it does mean you need to pay attention. And browsing through all of the admin configuration settings can take a fair amount of time; there are many settings. In some respects, it would be nice if they offered a quick "Wizard" setup tool for new customers to get a basic site up and running. Our site is fairly well set after several years, but new users might feel daunted by the options facing them at the start. The per-user pricing can get expensive, depending on how you use it. There is a trade off between the power of the tool versus what it would cost you to develop your own site/portal/intranet yourself. In that regard, the ROI analysis is probably something you'll need to perform for your organization, but it's worth the time to do so, and unless your needs are very basic, you'd be hard pressed to match what they offer . If you can work with the guest users concept (somewhat limiting, depending on needs), then costs come down. If you ARE looking only for a basic portal, then this may not be the cheapest tool for you. Their sweet spot is in terms of productivity.

by MangoApps on 20/12/2018

Bruce, thank you for taking the time to provide us with such an in-depth review. I am glad to know that MangoApps has been a great solution for your business, and you are able to make good use of its power. Regarding the your criticism/cons, I understand your frustrations around product updates and staying up to speed. I have passed this feedback along, and I know we are looking for ways to better manage that experience. Thank you again, cheers!

Lesley F.
Education Manager
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2021

"MYPEERS"

Comments: Great way to have interactions.

Pros: It is great to share information with colleagues and other people in the same field. Great for sharing and collaboration.

Cons: You get many emails daily. It is hard to decipher what I want to see and what is not important.

• Reviewed on 30/03/2021
Stacey C.
VP Human Resources
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2020

"Stacey Cale - VP Human Resources, Merchants Bonding Company"

Comments: Our implementation representative was helpful and patient through our numerous calls. I loved that you could look on his calendar and book as many meetings as it takes to get through the implementation.

Pros: What we have loved most about about MangoApps is how helpful the team was in guiding us through every step of the implementation. The system is great for being able to give your company's personal look and ease of imputing information.

Cons: At first the system seems overwhelming because there are so many potential functions you can use in the system. Recommend to anyone to first figure out what you want to use the tool for and turn off the other functions at first.

• Reviewed on 19/10/2020
Program Manager
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"It has been an engaging tool - allowing for easy interaction within the team and entire agency"

Pros: - It allows for all the staff to know what is going on at the same time, everyone gets the same info
- Easily able to share resources and updates
- Great way to invite people to events and keep everything organized
- private message feature allows for seamless communication
- project and team groups are great for coordinating with many people
- Intranet is great for HR use and agency wide updates
- Love that it is connected to LinkedIn
- Fun and easy to use like Facebook
- Easy to compose posts

Cons: - I find that the mobile app is not as user friendly
- Even after years of use, cannot really understand the purpose of primary and secondary interactions... don't understand the purpose of separating them

by MangoApps on 20/12/2018

Thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! We appreciate your feedback. I will be sure to pass your feedback along. Cheers!

Martha V.
Business Development Manager
Wine & Spirits, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2020

"Long term MangoApps user"

Comments: We have found the product very successful

Pros: I found the ease of adding and removing guest users for seasonal employees, with low pricing very attractive points.

Cons: I have issues with the tasking app, and have trouble easily completing and deleting tasks. It seems difficult to use.

by MangoApps on 13/08/2020

Martha, thank you for taking the time to review MangoApps! We appreciate having you as a customer and your feedback is very helpful to our continued efforts to maintain and improve the product. Please contact us at [email protected] to better address your needs with tasks. We will be happy to assist and collect any feedback where we can improve the feature and possible improvements. Thank you again!

• Reviewed on 06/08/2020