• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.2 /5
    4.1 /5

About Mailjet

Build Together. Send Smarter.
The email solution for fast-moving teams.

Learn more about Mailjet

Karen S.
Marketing Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2019

"MailJEt Review"

Comments: Overall, my experience is positive. I wish there was a way to customize image padding (more than what's available, once it's been inputted in. Another function that can use some work would be the spacing between paragraphs. It would be nice to be able to create different spacing within the same text box without all of the text adapting to the same space size. Otherwise, uploading contact lists and creating email templates has been seamless.

Pros: I like that it's easy to use and pretty intuitive for first time users.

Cons: What I like least is you can't control the optimization of mobile design, that it'll automatically scale larger or smaller than a phone screen. You can't design for one platform (desktop) without considering how it'll appear on mobile, since it's not mobile optimized.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2019
Ben H.
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2019

"Transactional Email That Covers 90% Of Use Cases"

Comments: MailJet has been a drop in replacement for Madrill. It has been more than adequate for all of my transactional emailing needs.

Pros: After using MailJet as a replacement for Mandrill for the last 2 years, I can fully recommend it. I use it for transactional email and I can send 6000 per month on the free tier. More than enough for my use case. I like the templates and templating language. Setting up sender domains and authenticating them is a doddle. Using the API is also painless with the excellent API documentation.

Cons: The only thing I dislike is that there are almost too many options. This isn't a bad thing per se, but I have probably only used about 25% of the available tools/reporting etc. I also have no need for the campaign tools and would prefer it if Mailjet only concentrated on transactional emails.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2019
Mary ellen C.
Director of Communications
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2019

"Solid Product, Workflow/Automation still needs some work"

Comments: The platform has gotten much better over the years. We have the bronze subscription and for the price it is really worth it.

Pros: The ability to design your own emails from a template or simply drop in HTML has been great for our company. The email builder is pretty easy to use and emails look decent across all mobile and desktop platforms.

Cons: We started using the workflow/automation feature when it was in its beta phase. We needed to be able to add a user into a contact list and then have emails sent automatically. Creating a workflow is incredibly tedious. I had all the emails I already wanted to use from when I previously had to manually send them to contact lists each day. But for some reason mailjet wouldn't let me use emails from my campaigns in the workflow. I had to recreate every single email as a template in the workflow/automation section to be able to add it to a new workflow. I was able to just copy and paste the HTML, but it was still such a time consuming process. If I could just drag and drop already used campaign emails into a workflow that would make so much more sense.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2019
Pranab S.
Proprietor
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2019

"Great for sending outbound transactional email"

Comments: Used mailjet within our Django based web app.

Pros: Hassle-free and fair limits on the free plan, with well-priced upgrades for running specific campaigns. Great deliverability as well.

Cons: Couldn’t find a way to see what unverified email addresses were being tried on our account as sender addresses (so we couldn’t fix those wrong outbound email addresses)

Richard I.
Chief Door Stop
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2018

"Good overall... But, don't try to do too much too early."

Pros: Mailjet is very easy to setup as long as you have access to your domain DNS settings. I manage DNS through Amazon Route 53 so changes reflect quickly when I needed to verify DNS ownership. Once you confirm ownership, setting up email API is easy, and works instantaneously - as it should. I started using Mailjet to send out server and website notifications. For this purpose it worked awesome. I had about 20 websites sending notifications out via MailJet and as long as the domain names were verified correctly it worked great. You'll run into problems if don't verify your domain so if you have issues check that first. Mailjet has an easy domain verification tool that will highlight any issues quickly. For transactional emails and general emails from an email client MailJet worked fantastic - read the cons section for an area of trouble.

Cons: Since I had such good success using MailJet for our transactional needs, I started using MailJet a couple months ago to send out periodic marketing emails, it's a native feature within their dashboard so I thought it would be nice to consolidate email providers. Well, very quickly we ran into issues and they temporarily lowered my sending limits. I was able to quickly provide them with the information they needed and they removed the sending limits after 7-days. From that experience, I limited our use of MailJet as a marketing platform, but recently used them again only to run into the exact same problem. But this time the issue was because of the volume of emails sent - not because of any bounce or SPAM notifications. The suspension this time resulted in a much more complicated process in demonstrating ownership over the list of email under my control. I don't want to pick on MailJet too much on this subject of marketing emails; they position themselves as a transactional email platform, and for that, they're awesome. I only used MailJet for marketing purposes because they feature it in their dashboard and it's easy to use. But they seem far more strict in their email purposes than say MailChimp which seems to be setup more for marketing/newsletter type emails.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2018
Anant M.
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2020

"One stop for your email marketing needs - MailJet!"

Comments: We needed a marketing email service as we already had a transactional email service with us. MailJet fulfilled our needs and we cam on board with a paid plan soon later and haven't looked back.

Pros: One of the first services we found when we searched on Google was Mailjet.
- It super easy sign up. Just fill a form and verify your email..
- There is a very short approval interval time, you can upload your list and then start sending right away.
- Approval is after you sent the first of your mails, so you get a lot of time to test everything and check where your emails end up and when.
- Full suite to design emails right on the website.
- Simple email design and all options right on your dashboard.
- Link and verify your domain to use to send emails.
- Per 1000 emails rate is lesser than competition.

Cons: - Some of our early accounts were suspended due to some list verification stuff. If needed, that should have been done before we started campaigns so that there were no interruptions.
- Emails get bounced sometimes even when the recipient address exists.
- Some emails still went directly to spam, so that should not happen.

• Reviewed on 17/05/2020
Full Stack Developer
Banking, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2019

"I finally found my ultimate mailing solution"

Comments: 1. I don't have to write and design emails manually.
2. I get a very scaleable sending solution with zero efforts.
3. The templating engine lets me easily put a face of a big operation, while I work from my basement.
Support was friendly, not always very efficient, but solved most of my issues, or at least pointed me in the direction. I'm in the free tier yet, so can't complain too much.
Overall I'm super happy with mailjet. Thank god you guys exist.

Pros: This is the perfect solution for my needs: I define the email templates in a nice editor, get an ID, and then from my application i just call a command to send that email using the ID, along with my parameters. And somebody else (who is way better than me in this) is taking care of the sending, spam, opened/read etc. It works great, requires very little from my side, looks like it is ready to scale, I'm very happy!

Cons: The email editor is where i spend most of my mailjet time. It is very good, but could be even further improved. Working with variables could be better and easier, validation at the editor could help in avoiding errors later, etc. But again, the tool gets A today, and I'm asking for A+.

• Reviewed on 29/01/2019
Aysen A.
General Manager
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2019

"Opinions of Yapi Kurumsal Academy"

Pros: Reporting is user friendly, I could get online help when needed

Cons: I would like to have more ready to use templates, I want to create better looking ads using this app.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2019
Francesco G.
IT manager
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2018

"Powerful and easy"

Pros: High deliverability, good configuration options, good account management interface, very good support.

Cons: Some unexpected blocked emails recently, apparently with no reason; not so easy browsing details of the stats.

by Mailjet on 28/03/2018

Hello Francesco,
Thank you for leaving us a review. We are happy you like your experience with us.
Have a nice day!
The Mailjet Crew

• Reviewed on 08/01/2018
Bruno D.
Freelance
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2020

"One of the best e-mail management software"

Comments: I can send e-mails from my website, all I had to do was associate my company's e-mails and configure my site.
Powerful I use it every day.

Pros: Cheaper than any other email solution, MailChimp and others.
Extremely easy to use.

Cons: One drawback is that the links are intercepted by MailJet, so that the visitor will first land on the MailJet tracking page and then be redirected to the real page from the mail.

• Reviewed on 22/12/2020
Mats L.
CEO & Co-Founder

"Best of two worlds"

Comments: As mentioned before, it handles email send-outs magnificently in combination with drip-campaigns. We had an issue in the time before we used MailJet when someone mis-used our SaaS by hijacking our invitation flow to send spam. MailJet would have prevented this, as they monitor any undeliverable emails and automatically blocks send-outs. Also, the MailJet free tier is veery generous.

Pros: I've used both SendGrid and MailChimp in the past, but I have to say MailJet nails both email drip campaigns and SaaS email send-outs (like Sign-up, Forgot password) magnificently. This allows us to run our SaaS application using MailJet, and automatically handle drip campaigns for Patch updates and Newsletter without using CSVs to move subscription lists between systems. One-stop shop for email.

Cons: The previous campaign flow was a little counter-intuitive in terms of UX, but this has now been fixed since a couple of months.

Kurt K.
Director of Application Development
Insurance, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2017

"Any issue we've had was solved quickly. It's a reliable and efficient service."

Pros: Mailjet is extremely easy to use. With it I can track emails sent and usage. Each time I have had an issue, customer support was able to resolve it within 24 hours.

Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2019

"A No Nonsense Service"

Pros: The user interface is easy to use; adding domains and validating SPF/DKIM records is painless. Transactional email templates are easy to set up. The statistics overview is nice and simple to understand

Cons: A lot of the features I would like to try are Premium features only

• Reviewed on 12/03/2019
Ramon M.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2019

"Mailjet is my preferred mailing service"

Comments: Totally satisfied with this product

Pros: It is very easy to configure and use, and it is less expensive than other similar products, keeping the main features in

Cons: I would like more integrations so as to be more efficient

• Reviewed on 02/08/2019
Jaime E.
  • Reviewed on 30/12/2015

"MailJet, you get what you pay for."

Comments: All I can say, is try and fine a phone number of email address for technical support ANYWHERE. Your only contact is through the support form, which would be great if they didn't take 2 days to get back to you. 2 days is two days too long if you send out 12,000 emails and all of the links don't work as happened to us. When you use MailJet, they do some kind of redirecting, probably so they can capture analytics. At 10:44 we ran our final test and it worked. At 11:00 we launched 12,000 and every hyperlink was broke. First thing the next morning I ran a test again and the links worked on that. Been trying to get a hold of Mail Jet all morning while my customer if fielding angry emails and calls from the recipients. It's a huge embarrassment and frustration for all of us. Now ask me if the $7.50 per month price is a good deal or not? Oh, and this is not the first time we've needed help and gotten into this bind. We will be switching once we manage this emergency.

Pros: Very cheap tool. $7.50 per month for up to 30,000 emails.

Cons: Cheap. Tech support is a minimum of a day from responding and you probably won't get much out of them. Outsourcing or cloud doesn't work if the vendors don't respond to your urgent issues on a timely basis. How about a tech support phone number, chat, email address????? Bump the price up to $10/month and actually provide something.

• Reviewed on 30/12/2015
Douglas L.
Chairman and COO
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2018

"Mailjet is the best value I have found for email automation. I have used MailChimp and Aweber."

Comments: Email Autoresponder with good value. Has all the functionality I need for less cost. And it's fast.

Pros: I have used MailChimp and Aweber but found that Mailjet is a better value. They do most everything the others do but less expensive.

Cons: They are sticklers about bounce rate. My lists imported from other places had a large bounce rate. It wasn't a problem to me because the contacts were not bothered, but Mailjet kicked me off for 2 weeks because of it. It thought it was unfair. Anyway I Fixed my list and have been good to go every since.

• Reviewed on 11/05/2018
Student Employee
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2018

"fast, easy to set up, does exactly what it's supposed to do, nice user interface"

Pros: I use Mailjet only as a SMTP-Relay to send E-Mails from our webpage to the customers. It was really easy to set up, it's clear what you have to do in order to use the service and where you get some information (like credentials).
I do really like the possibility to track the send E-Mails, see who received them, opened them or clicked on a link in the mail.
Mailjet has a clean and beautiful user interface, it's clear where to find the things you are looking for.
The free plan (which we are on) allows for a reasonable amount of E-Mails being sent and the paid plans seem to be at quite a good price.
The service is also very fast. It's almost indistinguable whether a mail came through Mailjet or was sent through our own (internal) mail server.

Cons: When a mail bounced, I couldn't find a detailed error report (like when you send a mail manually) but this information is sort of encoded in the way sent mails are marked (delivered/soft bounce/hard bounce and so on).

• Reviewed on 18/05/2018
Technical Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2019

"Inexpensive and easy to use"

Comments: Really nice program that doesn't need a tech expert to operate.

Pros: I love the email template builder. I think it's very intuitive and easy to use. The office does not have exclusively tech savvy people so it's nice to know they won't run into any issues learning how to use.

Cons: The logs don't seem to save forever which is understandable. But it would be nice if they were able to last a little bit longer in case I run into any issues.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2019
Cheryl M.
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2016

"Mailjet"

Comments: I use Mailjet to manage my email contact list (2000+) of customers and send regular promotional emails announcing sales. The templates are easy to use with professional results. I appreciate the statistics available on how the emails are received (opened, clicked, etc), and how customers can easily unsubscribe from the list without needing to contact me.

Pros: Mailjet is a great value for the money, delivers appealing visuals in the emails, makes me look much more tech savvy than I really am.

Cons: Sometimes when I am working on a template, it doesn't save properly and I have to start over.

• Reviewed on 30/11/2016
Elie A.
Photography, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2017

"A very easy learning curve towards good productivity and results"

Comments: Managed to reach potential clients

Pros: - Free option for low volume
- Nice statistics on delivered and opened message
- email validation from domain very useful
- Nice editor for templates of email

Cons: - Contact list management requires too many loops to manage the lists
- not very straightforward when choosing a distribution list for a campaign
- editing in HTML is a one way street, you cannot go back to the editor to continue

Andrew T.
Executive Consultant
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2019

"Improved our email delivery massively!"

Comments: Very positive, compared to sendgrid your support is very understanding and don’t seem to send out one fits all reply’s.

Pros: Before mailjet we struggled with our email distribution ourselves so looked for solutions like sendgrid but just couldn’t integrate all our systems flawlessly. When we discovered mailjet it was like a dream come true we had 1 issue with 1 system out of 14 but the mailjet support team were able to help iron it out.

Cons: It would be good to see the contents of emails sent via mailjet through the stats board.

Martin T.
Staffing & Recruiting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/01/2019

"Reliable and feature complete"

Pros: I got my whole transactional email emails working within a couple of hours and did not need to worry about spam, bounces, etc... anymore. Because I am working as a startup, mailjet kindly lets me send my first 200 emails for free. While I am hunting for my cash transactions, this is highly needed and appreciated.

Cons: Currently, I cannot think of anything that I do not like about mailjet. I think I will need to explore the more advanced functionalities first.

• Reviewed on 26/01/2019
César C.
Dir Marketing
Printing, 11-50 Employees

"Limits"

Pros: The software is very easy to use, and functionally

Cons: The facility that they limit my account, and it takes much time to remove

Marketing Manager
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2018

"Decent automation tool"

Pros: I preferred Mailjet over Mailchimp due to automation functionalities. They seemed to work fine until I faced an issue with the date triggered workflows. Other than that, great and affordable Mailchimp alternative.
Prices are based on the number of emails sent. So if you have a larger database, you can prefer Mailjet

Cons: Date trigger in the workflow is not working properly.
Support is usually late to respond. (or a coincidence in my experience)

• Reviewed on 24/09/2018
Consultant, Advisor & Non-Executive Director
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2019

"Terrible - avoid"

Comments: We used mailjet for a critical business service to our registered customers (not marketing) and they suspended our account without any notice stopping our business from operating because of an incorrect accusation that we were running marketing spam campaigns (which we were not) then the terrible customer support did nothing to help resolve the issue.

Pros: Software is just ok, but a bit clunky, battle to get it to work as it should

Cons: The customer service is awful, unhelpful and unresponsive

• Reviewed on 24/01/2019