Adaptive Planning Reviews

• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.2 /5

About Adaptive Planning

Business budgeting software that provides a company with the financial and operational information it needs to make better decisions.

Learn more about Adaptive Planning

Ben B.
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2016

"Great Product"

Comments: We are going into our third budget cycle using Adaptive and it has made our process much more efficient. Prior to using Adaptive we played budget ping pong, bouncing spreadsheets back and forth and then once we landed on a final version the Finance team consolidated the numbers. Adaptive is great because you can see the impact of a change to the consolidated budget in real time. This is a great software for the Finance team as well as the budget / business managers.

Pros: There are many great features including: audit trails, notes, role permissions and security, the ability to quickly create versions, great technical support, and it’s cloud based.

Cons: There is a report builder in Adaptive and it’s easy to use. However, I do feel like they have focused on making improvements in other areas and the reporting hasn’t made as much progress. I do think this is one area that could use some improvements.

• Reviewed on 15/09/2016
Jonny L.
Sr. Analyst, FP&A
  • Reviewed on 08/07/2020

"An FP&A Dream Tool"

Comments: I will always recommend Adaptive to FP&A professionals. Once you use it and truly understand it, I'm sure you will do the same. There is little wonder why they are a leader in the SaaS space.

Pros: A cloud-based tool that enables you to forecast and budget different scenarios. OfficeConnect (an add-on feature) allows you to create reports directly in Excel and increases overall team efficiency.

Cons: Setting up Adaptive Insights is a crucial, timely, and difficult process. However, the time you put into building your instance initially saves time and pays dividends in the future.

• Reviewed on 08/07/2020
Lauren S.
Accounting Supervisor
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2018

"Direct Integration with netsuite"

Pros: - direct integration with netsuite
-ease of use once established
-maintains various types of data including personnel information and financial reporting

Cons: - inability to run reporting on one entity (only runs in consolidation)
- inability to modify reports without creating a new report
- functionality to drill into detail is hit or miss

• Reviewed on 27/02/2018
Robert S.
Finance Analyst III
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2016

"Adaptive provides meaningful insight into our financial data!"

Comments: Using Adaptive is a great experience! It's easy to learn, and once you try it, you will love it. I can forecast monthly , quarterly or whenever I like. Because my operational metrics, which drive our revenues and expenses, are also in Adaptive, I feel we get closer to our actual's each month. We have simplified our monthly reporting process from 6 days, to about an hour and a half. That extra time can be used to analyze the data, which is much more rewarding than ticking and tying numbers to a report. Our dashboard is solid and tells a story for our leaders. I love it!

Pros: Ease of use
Speed (refreshing and processing)
Automatic load of our financial data using a connector
Office Connect - an excel add in that allows me to run my financials in an instant
Adaptive Insights support personnel are amazing! I get a call back very quickly if I have a problem, and I don't feel like I'm being rushed when I ask other questions

Cons: The sheets, which display our data across time, would be fantastic if I could add a YTD column anywhere I like. I would like to see my sheets display some simple graphs, which would allow me to display trends pictorially while reviewing with my customers.

Jonathan L.
Sr. Analyst, FP&A
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/11/2016

"Powerful software, makes life easier, business insights more accessible"

Comments: I have previous experience using Hyperion, Peoplesoft, and Microsoft Excel to create and maintain financial models. As flexible as regular spreadsheets are, it was always hard to get everybody on the same page, referencing the same numbers, using the same version. I have been using Adaptive Planning for about 1.5 years now, with about 1 year as a systems administrator for the product. FP&A has truly become simplified. This tool has saved hours upon hours every month, as well improved accuracy and timeliness of reports. This allows us to function better as a business unit, and make more proactive models and decisions. My one gripe with Adaptive is their customer support. I have had a hard time getting several issues resolved in a timely manner. Nonetheless, I would highly recommend Adaptive to anybody stuck in "spreadsheet land"--there really is a better way.

Pros: One source for all models and reported numbers. Interconnected data makes it easy to see the full effect of any changes, large or small.

Cons: Customer support needs to work on responsiveness.

• Reviewed on 07/11/2016
Matthew G.
Director of Sales
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2016

"Easy-to-use, finance owned, superior to Excel. This must be reviewed."

Pros: It is easy-to-use so we don't need any expensive technical people to maintain it. Our management and finance team own the entire solution. It is also very scalable from small organisations to large multinational multi-billion dollar revenue organisations. Scalable in the context of - price, performance, functionality and integration.

Cons: A few months ago I would have said the reliance on Java, but that has now been removed. It's happy days for us Adaptive customers.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2016
Sean N.
Analytics Supervisor
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2016

"Proactivity over Reactivity"

Comments: Our initial implementation was rough. Our 3rd party consultant tried to fit our unique companies into their cookie-cutter implementation package and it didn't work out. Since rebuilding on our own, we have a model that works well for our family of companies and we are able to continually improve in conjunction with frequent Adaptive Suite upgrades and continued learning.

Pros: Ease of use, customer service.

Cons: Web reporting

• Reviewed on 01/11/2016
David D.
FP&A Manager
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2017

"Easy collaboration while building out the year's model was key to improving our efficiency."

Comments: Faster build and modify time of my model. Easier buy in from contributors to the model because they had access to build their part directly in the system.

Pros: Easy to gather, audit, and lock down inputs from key contributors. It was also very easy to create multiple versions and scenarios.

Cons: Struggled a little to get it to connect the way we wanted with our ERP, but that had to do with both sides. Not just Adaptive. It also does take a little time to understand how to build things out.

• Reviewed on 19/05/2017
Sandy A.
Financial Analyst
Insurance, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2017

"Adaptive is a must-have for any FP&A department!"

Comments: FP&A responsibilities - specifically budgeting and forecasting but also building out models and creating new versions for our analysts to use.

Pros: It has made our budgeting and forecasting process much better. We save so much time with our forecasts, which allow us to spend more time updating them meaningfully every month.

Cons: I would love to see Adaptive connect with Salesforce behind the scenes. At the moment we have to reconcile the variances between the two manually monthly.

• Reviewed on 09/05/2017
Melanie T.
Finance Manager
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2017

"Good basic functionality for financial planning & reporting"

Pros: Pros: ease of use in that the software is cloud-based. It was also relatively easy to implement with approximately 50 users. Good customer support.

Cons: Cons: sometimes pages take too long to load, which is frustrating to users. But otherwise there are few complaints.

• Reviewed on 18/07/2017
Maria R.
Call Center Manager
501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2018

"If you are looking to move away from spreadsheets and have one source for your financial data and reporting data, I highly suggest looking into Adaptive Planning."

Pros: It has all the features you would expect in your financial tool and they are constantly upgrading and adding addiitonal features. Customer support has been excellent and they actually seem to care about their customers.

Cons: Reporting functionality within the system could be enhanced. The native reporting is not that easy to use, would prefer better canned reporting functionality.

• Reviewed on 10/02/2018
Manny P.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2018

"Great Analysis"

Comments: It's a great tool and it's meeting a lot of our deadlines for forcecasting. Saving valuable time and dollars.

Pros: software is very productive for forecasting and doing deep financial

Cons: Learning curve, it's not that easy to learn and you have to get used to the product. Can be more user-friendly and there can be more improvements.
can be expensive for some users.

• Reviewed on 06/11/2018
Robert S.
Finance Analyst
  • Reviewed on 12/08/2014

"Adaptive Discovery - A picture paints a thousand words!"

Comments: Adaptive Discovery is changing the way we communicate finances to our leadership. They have traditionally received their monthly reports containing scads of numbers. I could see their eye's glaze over at times and they often asked, "so is this good or bad", or, how does this compare with such and such a month, or how does this number compare across the other stores? Now, they have a visual representation which they can drill into and can see trends developing before their eyes. They can see at a glance if something is outside a control limit, needing their attention, or can see at a glance if things are within guidelines or reaching goals we have set. I would love to be able to be able to zoom in when differences are small by changing the scale settings on the axis'. I love this product! It is making my life easier!

• Reviewed on 12/08/2014
Jason T.
director, FP&A
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2016

"We use adaptive for budgeting, forecasting, scenario analysis and variance analysis"

Comments: I use adaptive planning for corporate budgeting and long term forecasting. It is a great tool that is very flexible. Being able to build the financial model in a collaborative, team based manner instead of in numerous different excel models is a much better process. Positives include version comparison for easy variance analysis; Adaptive office connect is a very useful excel based reporting tool; Flexible system based planning and scenario analysis accelerates planning cycles and reduces data integrity issues Version protection is sometimes an issue especially if you have plan data that is linked to prior periods via formulas. Also on modeled sheets some components and formulas are not version specific, which would be beneficial.

Nilesh K.
GA
Primary/Secondary Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/11/2016

"Review of Adaptive Insights"

Comments: Adaptive Insights is very scalable and very easy to use. Customization is very easy and easy to build reports. You can design whatever you imagine and without IT help. The what-if scenarios capability is one of its major strengths.

Pros: Very easy to use and update.
The flexibility is amazing

Cons: The multi-currency functionality needs some improvement.

• Reviewed on 04/11/2016
Bryan T.
Financial Planning Manager
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2015

"Information at your fingertips"

Comments: Adaptive Discovery is a great way to share summary information in a format that people want to see. The Discovery tool in Adaptive allows users to create professional looking charts, graphs, data, gauges, etc. in a Dashboard view to get real time access to the key information that they need. Discovery is a good looking way to share high level information with users while providing them the access to customize their own dashboard and drill down to more detailed information stored in Adaptive. We have done some training and created dashboards for Finance. Our next step is to roll it out to the rest of the organization.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2015
Samy M.
Senior Financail Analyst
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/01/2019

"Flexiable and Extensive"

Pros: I like this software because it can do whatever I asked for from excel and it is ready to use and all other functions that I don't use but it is useful to have.

Cons: Many functions that I don't use and it can be clutter and confuse for the end user. If we can elimate that it would be great.

• Reviewed on 10/01/2019
Prabhdeep S.
Software Engineer
Management Consulting, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2016

"Perfect Software."

Comments: The implementation is very quick and easy. We were up and running in a matter of weeks. The system is easy to use and change. Great connectivity with our accounting system. This is a great tool for handling the budgets for multiple companies. We really enjoy the flexibility and independence that this cloud based system provides.

• Reviewed on 08/11/2016
Daniel A.
FP&A Manager
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2015

"Powerful Budgeting tool!"

Comments: I'm very impressed for performance, flexibility and power of this platform. As FP&A Manager, our main responsibility is to provide to Board of Directors accurate and timely information; and Adaptive help us to achieve our goals. The best pro of this tool: Is the adaptability, because allow built the model according your specific needs. Is important to mention as an another pro their stability and continuing improvement of key features. About the cons: Demand a lot of time (trial & error) the process of creating the model and their formulation.

• Reviewed on 31/08/2015
Bill T.
  • Reviewed on 07/07/2015

"We use AI for our budgeting, some reporting and beginning to use it for our forecasting"

Comments: I think that the AI toolset is fantastic. It has allowed us to save countless hours by not having to update and maintain Excel spreadsheets. It allows us to analyze rather than validate the numbers in our version. The implementation was quick and our implementer, Juan Maldonado was awesome! Juan was always available and usually had the issue fixed before we left the conference call. The tool isn't as intuitive as it could be but once you understand how certain things work, it does make sense.

• Reviewed on 07/07/2015
Anastasia P.
Director of Product Management
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/08/2020

"I was looking for budgeting tool and I found it"

Comments: I found that Adaptive Planning is very flexible for any business changes, very easy to adapt as your business grows.

Pros: All what you need for budgeting, planning, saving and forecasting in one tool. The platform is good to use for data warehousing with a big amount of data.

Cons: Variety of reports are limited. Maybe I could not find some tools to make it, in this case would be great to have some helpful prompts.

• Reviewed on 30/08/2020
Marketing Assistant
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2019

"Jumped into this software almost immediately"

Comments: Overall, my team felt Adaptive Insights was very handy it fit it's role well.

Pros: Was extremely easy to set up a budget, and maintain through excel and other existing files. Adaptive is cloud based similar to google drive, so we can all work on the same files without overlap. Very seemless.

Cons: Very good in almost all departments. Navigating data sheets was a bit clunky.

• Reviewed on 26/04/2019
Melissa R.
  • Reviewed on 24/03/2017

"Customer support only one star as haven't had to use this yet."

Comments: Initially, when first using the application I found the ease of use to be quite daunting. however using it everyday you quickly start to reap the benefits of Adaptive. This application is used by many different groups in my company for planning, budgeting, outlooking and reporting.

• Reviewed on 24/03/2017
Georgeta P.
director, financial reporting
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2015

"Adaptive is who you wnat to partner with"

Comments: I've been using Adaptive for a few years, and ever since, there's no looking back or looking around. Adaptive delivers. Yes, there's room for improving but that what keep " growing and getting better" is all about! Trust me, once you start using Adaptive your review will add even more stars than mine does:)

• Reviewed on 23/04/2015