• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.2 /5

About Edmodo

Web-based system that provides content sharing, real-time feedback, communication tools, classroom management for education industry.

Learn more about Edmodo

Amy S.
Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2020

"Students Loved It!"

Comments: Edmodo was incredibly helpful for being able to post assignments, give students instant access to resources, and easy grading. I really enjoyed using it, even if it did have a few issues.

Pros: I was able to use Edmodo when my school district had a 1:1 iPad initiative. Students loved being able to come into the classroom and having one set place to be able to login and find what they needed for the day.

Cons: When I used it (2016-2018), the website felt a little clunky. The students liked using it, but it never seemed like it ran as smoothly as it could have, considering how long it had been around.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2020
Content Writer
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2020

"Parents, Students and Teachers in one Place"

Comments: Overall, it is one of the best software to submit Homework as well as addressing your issues to Teachers and the school staff. You can easily take parents along in a loop.

Pros: It provides a good communication platform for students and teachers you can also invite parents. It also allows you to send regular progress report to parents. Not only you can submit Homework where the Homework is assigned you can also use timeline to do so. You can also post or chat with fellow students. Whenever student submit Homework it notifies the teacher.

Cons: There should be at least a chat window facility. If added a conference call facility it would be a great addition for interactive communication. Sometimes notification still shown as unread even after reading and even you clear the history it still there. Its mobile app sometimes not as convenient as its desktop version. It lacks in its technical terms.

• Reviewed on 20/09/2020
Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 26/01/2021

"Evaluate with Innovation"

Comments: In high schools we have been using as a student but now we use it as aptitude test for hiring.

Pros: Been using this tool since high school but now I am on the other side evaluating. Getting to the features: Evaluate in group setting one test to be available to launch after a timeline.
Set if you want to show answers at the end.
Simple to join with just a 6 character code.
Easy sign in with multiple third party like gmail.
Assessment has option to add comment to help enhance performance for next time.
Random arrangements of questions, limiting copy in a group to some extent.
Variety of questions can be included like multiple choice, blueprints, short answer etc.
Shows which answers are not attended.
Easy navigation to different questions.
Timer on the screen.

Cons: One time submit. If you accidentally submit, no turning back.
Need to refresh page to load test availability.
Longer questions require to scroll.

• Reviewed on 26/01/2021
Mavares P.
Docente Universitario
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2018

"Motivate, Study, Integrate and develop your potential"

Comments: I manage knowledge quickly and fun

Pros: The communicative dynamic, generated in social networks, is almost equal to that which occurs in the day to day of any individual. One of the most important characteristics of this process is that while the individual is circumscribed to a specific environment, the networks connect it to almost everyone. Therefore, Edmodo educational network allows the global connection with people and organizations around the world, making available a large amount of resources for the development of its potential.
The platform is presented in a very intuitive way, and nothing complicated, which facilitates the management of knowledge, quickly and friendly. Its unlimited storage capacity, allows the integration of many resources: create, assign, and schedule was never so simple. and on a single platform, which, being integrated with Google's tools for Education, like Microsoft's, guarantees the development of the potential of teaching, which can be reinforced by the whole family.

Cons: The contemporary platforms have expanded the concept and possibilities of the classrooms, with which, they must make of these, more than a physical space, a great tool that allows to develop the learning, at all levels. For that reason, the platforms should have the possibility of being modified easily, making them more striking, personalized and with more current designs. In the same order of ideas, it is expected that the versions of the smart devices are the most similar to those seen in the PC, in this case, we must improve their performance.

• Reviewed on 25/07/2018
Malwina S.
Trainer
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2018

"Edmodo leads you transfer to paperless mode."

Comments: It is very simple to use, designed good, always working smoothly. And it has tons of awesome tools and different useful functions. Recommended.

Pros: Edmodo is perfect online platform for education. As a trainer I can say that you can't find something like that. Edmodo provides great tools for teachers and people who need one space for collaborate with his/her audience. You can add other viewers, for example if you are working with minors you can add their parents to group. Online grading feature is perfect. And of course it's working with Google Drive and that means it does not require any downloads. Joining to any group is so simple, you can add new member by using their email or they individually join by using group code.

Cons: Am usually working with web version of Edmodo, but sometimes I need to check my stuff quickly, I mean with mobile version. But I don't like it so much, It is not working well as web version. I think they have to do some improvements on this side too.

• Reviewed on 29/03/2018
Ma jovelyn C.
Teacher
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/03/2019

"Edmodo for the win!"

Comments: As a 21st century teacher, utilizing Edmodo in my classroom makes me look like a trendy teacher. Plus it offers trainings and special offers through personal email by directly messaging me on my email address. It surely a great learning partner for me and my students

Pros: Edmodo helps me connect to my students not only in the classroom but in the internet room as well. I have let my students be exposed to this kind of technological innovations so they can see that the internet is not only about social media but a platform of learning as well. In this platform, I upload more of my lectures so that they could easily add notes in their reviewers. I also share helpful links and assignments that make their papers easier to do. I also loved the messaging feature where they could directly message me and ask questions about the given topics. I have gained so much respect and cool points from my students whenever we use this app.

Cons: There is nothing not to love about this app. It is accessible and user-friendly both to teachers and the students as well. But of course, there is still room for improvements. Maybe it would be more convenient to use if we could add files directly to edmodo using other online storages

• Reviewed on 03/03/2019
James C.
Deputy Principal and Grade 6 Teacher
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2019

"Edmodo for iPads"

Comments: This is a great, all-around, paperless tool that every teacher should use.

Pros: Edmodo is an excellent platform for teachers who are moving towards a paperless system of classroom content and assignments using iPads. Edmodo can be managed from your laptop and uploads in real time to your student accounts on their iPad app. One great feature of Edmodo is their online library of ideas and resources as well as a community of users that you can ask or share ideas with. I like how parents can sign up too and see what assignments their children have due .

Cons: Not much I don't like about Edmodo. I have only used it in conjunction with iPads and not Android devices.

• Reviewed on 30/04/2019
Maria jose N.
Asesor
Human Resources, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2018

"I have used Edmodo to share information and opinions like using a blog with teachers and students."

Comments: The convenience of connecting with classmates, students and teachers, interacting in a same page, sharing information and opinions out of a physical work area.

Pros: Edmodo is a software that can be use like a network that connect teachers, parents and students, with the purpose of sharing information, publishing work, fomenting debate and disscusion, all these out of the classroom. Creating safe groups to learn and share information beyond the physical place of school, collage or university.

Cons: Sometimes the tools provided by the software, can be difficult to use. I find the presentation of the main page a little difficult to get used to. I will like to see a different and more organized way to present the main page

• Reviewed on 11/03/2018
Michelle S.
High School Teacher & Department Chair
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2019

"Edmodo Review"

Comments: I have used Edmodo for the past seven years. It is by far the easiest, user-friendly Educational Learning System I've used. It works a lot like Facebook. Students who are absent can easily stay in touch with what their class did by checking in. I post daily assignments, quizzes, articles - or even entire novels - and video clips on this sight. It is a wonderful tool to use when I have to have a substitute teacher, too!

Pros: I love that I can give my students quizzes and it gives them instant feedback. I can easily post news articles for my English and Current Events classes. And, best of all, it is free for all teachers to use!

Cons: It is sometimes glitchy, but that may be my school's lack of bandwidth, too.

• Reviewed on 28/01/2019
Vilma R.
Community Manager
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2018

"Amazing experience with Edmodo"

Comments: A few times in the year I teach some classes, and Edmodo has been an excellent tool when I need to organize the material for any of it. In relation of students, information, blogs and everything you need for a good development of any classroom.

Pros: I love about Edmodo that it's a platform you can use for working with students, teachers and parents. It's terrific for work outside the classroom, and provides very useful features for sharing information.

Cons: What I like the least about Edmodo, is that I found it a little hard to learn how to use it. And sometimes it's hard for me to visualize in a organized way, the front page of the platform, but with time, you get use to it.

• Reviewed on 12/06/2018
Advisor / Consultant
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2018

"Great LMS for schools!"

Pros: It is a wonderful LMS if you see your students in class at least once a week. It provides a space to enhance the classroom and keep the learning experience happening even after school hour passed. It looks pretty much like Facebook so everyone learns how to use it quikly. Besides, everyone has their classes well organized with no effort. It also has a teacher-parent communication functionality that is really helpful for primary and middle school.

Cons: Teacher might find it annoying when the have to re-organize a class at the beginning of each term since Edmodo does not keep a syllabus for any class.

• Reviewed on 21/03/2018
Photographer
Media Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2019

"A different Kind of LMS"

Comments: It's better to use a more commonly used UI for my LMS and as social media is just what I need Edmodo is just the right choice for me.
I am using the free plans and this is just fun. No dull UI to deal with and more enjoyable experience for my students.

Pros: I need to make a small tutorial on using photoshop and another image editing tool and found Edmodo has a lot of good reviews and feature that I need. It's free and does a very good job. Everything is cloud and does not need any effort once setup is just what I need. Sometimes training a new member is so time-consuming that I have made some basic video so I don't have to tell every, new team member, what to do.
Creating is fun and simple, even for me. I just uploaded ad that it, I found its better not to use YT. YT just have the video but I need a quiz to add so I can see they saw all the video and does not skip them.
I have also added some PSD for each class so all my member can send their own version of the edited photo and I can evaluate better.
Edmodo does not feel like LMS, it looks like more of a social media.

Cons: Well, social media is a two-way sword and sometimes I get complaints about its too easy and distractive.

• Reviewed on 31/12/2019
Sarah M.
Principal
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2020

"Edmodo"

Comments: It was really good until I realized what features they were missing. I made the decision to switch to Schoology as a result, and haven't looked back.

Pros: I initially started using Edmodo in my classroom as an 8th grade teacher. It allowed students to submit work on an iPad and get it to me easily. They had a great set up, very user friendly, and it fit right into my classroom routine.

Cons: I was disappointed that Edmodo just didn't keep up with its competitors like Canvas and Schoology. They went a different direction in terms of focus for the platform- more a social media and less a learning management system, and therefore I had to make the decision to move away from it. I'd wanted to support the platform but it wasn't growing as quickly as I needed it to, or as the competition was.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2020
Zachary D.
Sales Support Specialist
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2019

"Edmodo"

Pros: Makes it easy to communicate with parents and students about deadlines, class notes, and other important memos

Cons: There are a few features that I wish Edmodo included, such as a behavior management element (think class Dojo) and a checklist feature that I could pin for students to have a quick reference of the week's due dates.

• Reviewed on 12/05/2019
Przemyslaw P.
Public Relations
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2017

"Best E-learning paltform"

Pros: Edmodo is one of the online classroom service in market. It's great features and tools, perfect design enough to say it is the best in its field. It has mobile version which is useful also. We are using edmodo for our classes. It made our jobs more easier. You can create groups and add your audition or your students to your group. And there are perfect tools like real-time grading, feedabacking, and the best one is if you are working with pupils you can add their parents to group.

Cons: The only thing that I did not like is customer support. Their service is just awful. It takes too much time to get response from them.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2017
Admin Assistant Aide
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2018

"Homework made easier for kids!"

Pros: Edmodo is a software that can help both students and teachers for at home works. Students' progress can now be monitored by teachers in real time. Making it easier for the teachers to work on how to help a certain student more, and for the student to learn at their own pace. And with the students seeing their current progress, they can be really motivated to work better.

Cons: The ads can be frequent and some glitches sometimes occur especially when turning in work in a place with a really low internet speed but overall it really helps both students and teachers with communication.

• Reviewed on 31/08/2018
Reading/Language Arts Teacher
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2019

"Edmodo"

Comments: I have used Edmodo for the past 3 years and have seen it improve and add more features throughout!

Pros: Very useful tool for communicating with students and parents.

Cons: Wish there was some type of classroom management feature, comparable to Class Dojo

• Reviewed on 21/01/2019
International Relations
Import & Export, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2018

"perfect platform for my classroom."

Comments: I am working with Edmodo for weekends, I have 18 students in this classroom. I am English teacher in this classrom and thanks to Edmodo I can create new group in the classroom and make them exam and quizing. it is best side of Edmodo is that you can also connect with other teachers in Edmodo in order to exchange opinions.

Pros: I like the most about Edmodo is that Edmodo can create your own classroom, it is really user friendly software any kind of children can understand the interface of Edmodo. it is so trustful program ever !

Cons: Mobile version is not really good as much as web version of Edmodo. it should be improved.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2018
Grants Program Specialist
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2018

"Edmodo - A Great Resource for Tech-Connected Schools"

Comments: I used Edmodo in a charter school environment in an affluent community, where most students brought their own tech device to school. This is an especially good resource for humanities teachers, but I still found use for it as a math teacher.

Pros: Edmodo is a great platform for teachers to post resources and videos, collect responses, and connect with their students. It's easy to upload items, easy to add students, and you can always moderate comments from students. Students are able to add all their teachers, so they can contact them with questions. Students can also discuss with each other if they have more urgent questions or want to collaborate for a project.

Cons: It was sometimes difficult to add a new student to a class - a frustrating step when kids are moving between classes the first few weeks of school. Also sometimes message alert would be late, meaning I could not respond to a student's question as promptly.

• Reviewed on 30/11/2018
Maribel del valle G.
Docente
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2018

"I can follow class discussions from anywhere."

Pros: Edmodo is the best application they have been able to create as a tool for teachers, it can even be used by parents, it has a space to manage messages, it has a notification button to be up to date with everyone.

Cons: It is compatible with both google and Microsoft accounts, so far I have not had anything negative with this application, I have it downloaded to my phone and it accompanies me wherever I go.

• Reviewed on 15/05/2018
Kathleen B.
teacher
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2018

"Great way to start incorporating technology into the classroom"

Pros: This is a safe way for students to use technology back and forth with the teacher. I like that it is an open forum allowing them to reach out to the group when they have questions with assignments or need clarification. It is helpful to see the interactions as a teacher.

Cons: I like that they can access it from anywhere and I can respond so easily. Much easier than having to send emails.

• Reviewed on 07/12/2018
Daniel P.
Profesor privado de español para extranjeros
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2018

"Your classroom everywhere"

Comments: The class program can be found there, as well as the evaluations, recommendations, documents, and other materials necessary for the course to be completed. In addition, for situations in which students can not access their classroom quietly due to any emergency, Edmodo is always an alternative to ensure the learning process.

Pros: Edmodo is a great platform because it allows proffessors and students to connect anytime from everywhere. I love how students can get all the files they need during the whole period of classes, and they can also share experiences, extra info and create discussion about any subject. I think one of the best Edmodo's features is that proffessors are able to use it as a complement for presencial courses but also for non-presencial courses since it creates an environment similar to the classroom.

Cons: I think Edmodo should improve the way that the feed is loaded, sometimes people get lost when they're trying to find some files. I also think it would be great if teachers could share or connect to each others randomly in order to share papers or files to improve their own classes. The platform could be more intuitive for the user.

• Reviewed on 17/09/2018
Rylee F.
Interventionist
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2019

"Great Resource for Teachers"

Pros: I love being to able to connect with and share resources I have created with fellow teachers and educators through this app. It’s a great resource to improve my education goals.

Cons: I love this app and would not change anything about it.

• Reviewed on 08/03/2019
Gloria inés F.
Asesor de comunicaciones en la dirección de educación
  • Reviewed on 22/07/2018

"It is an educational platform with very good tools for teachers, parents and students."

Comments: 231/5000
It facilitates communication between teachers and students, it is a safe place to create, manage and qualify academic activities. From my point of view, edmodo is an incredible alternative that improves education and learning

Pros: The feature that I like most about this platform is that it is completely free and offers a very intuitive and friendly environment, which facilitates the learning of students in the different courses.

Cons: 202/5000
Most aspects and features of this software I like, work properly. The only thing I do not like is that it does not give you the option to see the users that are online.

• Reviewed on 22/07/2018
Heather G.
Database Coordinator
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2018

"Edmodo is Excellent for the Price!"

Comments: Overall, the fact that this software is free makes it easy to overlook the glitches and be creative with what you have to work with. I recommend this product to anyone who is launching into setting up online learning. It's a great way to get started.

Pros: This is a free software that can be used for small institutions that do not have the money to invest in educational software. It's easy to use, it's easy to set up, it's easy to track grades, and it's easy to communicate with students and colleagues.

Cons: Sometimes that are glitches, it doesn't work consistently at all times, and it's compatible with some browsers more than others. It's not easy to get customer support, however they do respond to emails.

• Reviewed on 14/03/2018