Miro Reviews

4.7 (1,053) Write a Review!

About Miro

The #1 online collaborative whiteboard platform where teams get work done.

Learn more about Miro

Pros:

In addition, I like the integration with Microsoft Teams as an additional way to collaborate.

Cons:

Sometimes I get lost with the layers or locking content. I feel that this feature could be set differently.

Miro ratings

4.5
4.3
4.6
4.4

8.9/10

Miro has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 1,053 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Miro before?

Filter reviews (1,053)

Ina
Ina
freelancer in Iceland
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

A powerful and versatile platform that can be used for a wide range of purposes!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Our team has been using over Miro at work and we've experienced some amazing benefits since then. The real-time whiteboard was an awesome way for me to really tackle my creative block. We have spent countless hours having meetings, keeping the company buy-in alive!

Pros:

I don't know how we got by before Miro. The reason why I love it is because it allows us to share visuals with one another and do collaborative brainstorming on projects.

Cons:

we saw only good things and maybe closed eyes on some minor issues :)

Laura
Laura
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Miro is a powerful collaborative tool

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Being able to work in tandem with my team in real time is one of Miro's greatest strengths. As a result of being able to share my board with my team, we have been able to collaborate on ideas in real time, which has been invaluable to the success of our projects.

Pros:

I've used Miro extensively, and I can attest that it's a fantastic resource for facilitating communication among groups and coordinating the development of cohesive plans. Even those who aren't particularly tech-savvy will have no trouble navigating the UI. Moreover, Miro includes a wide selection of templates and drawing tools, which I've found useful for rapidly and easily producing visualizations like diagrams, mind maps, and more.

Cons:

However, I have discovered that when I have numerous people using my dashboard at once, it might become a little sluggish. But I've learned to adapt, so it hasn't been too much of a problem for me.

Ryan
Ryan
Marketing Analytics Engineer in US
Marketing & Advertising, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Miro was fine but it didn't seem to work the way I expected it to

3.0 2 months ago New

Comments: In preparation for a conference, my company sponsored a bunch of innovation groups across the organization and we used Miro since we were from remote teams across the world. For that, it worked well to use the sticky notes and other collaboration features in place of a whiteboard. However, as mentioned above, the product was not intuitive and we were not provided training. With more training, I am sure it could have been an excellent product.

Pros:

I like that there are a lot of different features that can be used by a variety of people to collaborate both synchronously and asynchronously, and everyone can use it in their own way

Cons:

I didn't find the software intuitive to use. I kept wanting to click in a certain way or drag in a certain way, and it just didn't seem to understand what I was trying to do

Angelo
Associate Product Manager in Benin
Internet, 201-500 Employees

A Comprehensive Look at Miro's Features

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, Miro is an excellent collaboration platform with a wealth of features to help teams work together. The user interface is intuitive and easy to use, and the real-time collaboration feature is invaluable. While the pricing structure can be confusing and expensive and there are some features that could be improved, Miro is still a great tool for teams to use.

Pros:

Miro is an excellent collaboration platform that offers a wide variety of features to help teams work together effectively. Its user-friendly interface is intuitive and easy to use, while the ability to create boards and draw diagrams allows everyone to easily visualize ideas. The real-time collaboration feature is invaluable, allowing teams to work together in real-time without having to constantly switch back and forth between applications.

Cons:

While Miro offers a great suite of features, there are a few drawbacks. The pricing structure can be confusing and expensive for larger teams, and there are some features that could be improved, such as the ability to import files from other applications. Additionally, the user interface can be somewhat clunky at times.

Sarah
Sarah
System Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Collaboration and PM are easy with Miro

4.0 last month New

Comments: Miro excels in providing a framework for structuring data. Miro also makes it simple to create shared boards for group work. In my current use case, I cannot imagine a situation where Miro would be less suitable or less fit.

Pros:

Miro is used in many ways in my organization, both internally and externally, and in a wide range of projects and interactions with stakeholders. We use the software for conceptualization and planning, charting the customer and partner journey, designing processes, and gathering user input. It's useful to be able to see ideas on a screen and work on them with a group of people all at once.

Cons:

It may take a while to grant someone access to the board. Once or twice, someone we added to the board didn't immediately gain edit privileges, but I suspect this was due to a problem rather than a lack of features.

Director, Customer Technology in US
Hospitality, 501-1,000 Employees

Miro is the dream product for remote teams!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I love Miro, it’s helped me organize my own thoughts and ideas, and collaborate with people in any location and at any time (or asynchronously). It’s just Ana amazing repository, and a really flexible tool that provides all sorts of solutions.

Pros:

Miro is the digital whiteboard I spent 20 years to see, and it’s almost as awesome as I always hoped. Being able to quickly and easily collect all sorts of materials, designs, references, links, diagrams, etc, and have a permanent, shareable repository is HUGE for teams.

Cons:

I understand pricing st a basic level, where it’s basically just myself and a few reviewers, but I don’t understand how to scale it where large numbers of people are creating within it, and it seems like that would get expensive quickly.

Shuo
Research Fellow in Finland
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees

Great Collaboration Tool for Remote Teams

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, Miro is a great collaboration tool for remote teams. It’s easy to use and has a lot of features that make it a great choice for those who need to collaborate on projects.

Pros:

Miro is an excellent collaboration tool for remote teams. It allows us to quickly create and share visuals with our team members and customers. We can easily brainstorm ideas, track progress, and have productive conversations. The intuitive user interface and customizable templates make it easy to use and help us save time.

Cons:

The only downside is that it can be a bit expensive for some teams, especially if you want to get the full features.

Ravi
UX Designer in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees

Miro is the tool for collaboration in a remote environment

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: My experience with miro have been just amazing. This is one of the easiest tool that you can find for remote work environments with collaboration being the top priority. There are hardly any tool that come close to what Miro is capable of

Pros:

The ease of uses is just unbelievable with miro. It is like drawing on a paper for a baby. You just pick what tool to you want to use and get on work. There is hardly any learning curve . And the support for this tool is amazing too

Cons:

Sometime when there are too many people on miro sharing the same work I have seen a bit of lag and hence a slight confusion

Mathieu
Lead, Product in Canada
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees

Miro: the go-to collaboration tool

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Ease of use, sharing, redimensioning and collaborating during workshops are definitely the best parts. The management part (ex: spreadsheets-like information) is lacking.

Pros:

What is most useful about Miro is the ease of resizing, redimensioning *any* element in a board. I use this all the time. Saves me so much iteration pain

Cons:

The embed features are very sketchy to use and to scale. Also: find a way to "incorporate" people who are used to spreadsheets because the grid view seem like an after-thought :)

Ranadeep
Ranadeep
Graduate Student in US
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

Miro is great for collaborating and working with others

5.0 last month New

Comments: Miro is easy to use and invite others into shared boards. I use Miro for ideating, creating proptypes, flowcharts, To-Dos, and more.

Pros:

The real-time whiteboard nature of Miro allows me and my colleagues and classmates to work seamlessly and ideate on things even while working remotely.

Cons:

Some admin features are locked and it's difficult to get in touch with Admin in a large org

Kelly M
Kelly M
System Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Excellent multipurpose software with functional features

Comments: An array of tools and templates for specialized purposes make it simple to get started, and it's simple to find what you're looking for when you do. A fantastic user experience on every device, regardless of operating system, is ensured by being platform agnostic. It has allowed us to hold more successful seminars without depending on countless physical post-it notes, and to cooperate effectively while having a remote team and customer base.

Pros:

Any product designer, UX designer, UI designer, or member of a remote design team should have a copy of Miro on hand. It's a great tool for design thinking, brainstorming, and whiteboarding. Their great templates will also assist any novice get started and hold fruitful meetings.

Cons:

For freelancers on a tight budget, Miro might be prohibitively expensive. For established agencies, though, this is ideal. Even though a voting tool was recently added to the product, a wider range of interactive elements would help us better engage audiences and create better workshop experiences.

Ricardo
Platforms Support in Panama
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees

Our tool of choice for visual collaboration - a must have in education and training

Comments: Miro is awesome. We have been using it to demonstrate different concepts in online workshops to co-workers and also to share knowledge with our K-12 students. The level of interaction and engagement is the cornerstone of a product that enables you and your team to work cohesively and share ideas in a visual manner.

Pros:

Here we are in love with Miro: It is easy to use, has a wide arrange of tools to convey ideas and has plenty of templates for specific purposes. Being platform agnostic warrants a great experience across devices and operating systems. The tools to collaborate make it an indispensable app for teachers and trainers. We are quite pleased with the fact that the Support team (Miro Academy) is always organizing training events to cover the basics and also advanced tools. The Miroverse community is also very helpful and we all get to share templates and tools with the rest of the users.

Cons:

Not a con, but something that may annoy some people is that the text tool is a bit limited. From the selection of typefaces to the inability to format specific parts of the text, the tool feels lacking. Another factor to consider (not a con, per see) is that Miro is better used when you have an idea of what is it that you want from it and you organize your content accordingly. The fact that this has an infinite canvas lends to chaos if you do not plan ahead.

Denise
Denise
Marketing Specialist in US

Excellent experience in collaborative work

Comments: For the most part, we've used it as a brainstorming tool since we first started using it. It allows me and my colleagues to reorganize our thoughts in novel ways. Even though we're all working at our desks, it feels like we're using post-it notes on a whiteboard.

Pros:

It was a great experience, and I've used him for both teaching and scheduling since I met him. Intuition and teamwork are at the heart of Miro's design. You may use it on any device without having to download any additional software or plugins. A fast learner who can quickly engage a diverse group of individuals.

Cons:

The only drawback I can think of is that uploading material such as videos might take a while. In addition, the cost per license for a small business is considerable, although the free basic version is fairly comprehensive.

Maisarah
Maisarah
Brand Manager in Malaysia
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Coolaborate ideas on digital whiteboard

Comments: Miro has aiding us when we have a online meeting and discussion session. We have a better understanding and more easy to present our idea to our team using visual sketch and we have achieve more using this software.

Pros:

Miro is very easy to access and collaborating on whiteboard with my colleague is so simple as it get. We have a online brainstorming session on the whiteboard, and everyone can pitch on idea and start adding draw it into the board in real-time.

Cons:

It will take some times to get expert and familiar with all the feature and shortcut in this software. The board is saved on the platform, with minimum software are compatible to be exported to. The only option to save the board and export it to other software is by saving it to PDF.

Anthony
Teacher in US
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees

Awesome tool for teachers!!!

Comments: I'm a middle school teacher. I use the boards in two fashions: 1) for student collaboration, and 2) for displaying class notes, videos, distributed materials, and board writing. In my school we have a SmartBoard (aka - DumbBoard). The DumbBoard software is slow to load and wastes too much time, so the RealTimeBoard became a solution. For student collaboration, I have and idea section and work product selection. Students can determine if the final work they upload is accessible to me or other members. They can share comments, photos, and general ideas. For classroom shared material, student can vote. I find it best to visually think of the processes and what you want the kids to create. Then create a template board. Finally, create your classes. The import of excel or google sheets lists make it incredibly easy to add student names to the boards. For my class notes, I typically create a line across the middle of the board. Below the line is the homework section, above the line is the classwork. I create a boxes with the daily objective (Students will... in order to...) and upload the materials (view only via google docs). I can insert youtube videos and other documents (even pdfs, Microsoft docs, pictures, web pictures and websites, and charts). I create a frame around each of the lessons so that when students are absent they may view the materials. When they come in and tell me they didn't go to the site, I hand them a computer so they can visit the site. Students who are absent, getting tutored outside of class, or parents wanting to see what it is we are doing can easily access the public board, which does NOT contain any student information.

Pros:

-Free for Educators to use with students -Works extremely well with Google Suite, Microsoft 365 Business -Great alternative to SmartBoard -Pen feature is very smooth

Cons:

-Takes some getting used to. -Can have a Prezzi, dizzying affect - Users need to be taught how to use

Ronald
professor in Peru
E-Learning, 501-1,000 Employees

Enough about project management, Miro is awesome for teaching !!

Comments: I'm a university teacher. Since the pandemic started, I have been trying different platforms and software every semester. I have a pen tablet (Wacom Intuos L), but pairing it with the right sofware or platform is kinda tricky. I'm very picky and demanding about the quality of the drawings and visual tools I can present to my students in each class; and that's why I'm always looking for better tools. I've used OpenBoard, MS Whiteboard, MS OneNote, Krita, Blender (yes, not kidding!), Google Jamboard, Inkscape and Diagrams IO. Since I found Miro, everything changed, it's like... this is the tool !!... finally!!... I use it for each one of my classes. Also, I started using it in my other job, as a patent examiner, because it was so easy to visually represent all the information about a technical invention... but primarilly I use Miro as a teaching tool. I like Miro so much, I'm thinking about making a series of videos in my YouTube channel about how to use Miro for teaching, so the other professors at my university can use it too... and maybe like that we could convince the university to buy us some license... I hope it works. oh... I also used it to teach math to my niece, she is 13 years old, she really loved it

Pros:

The "upload"-->"saved files" its the most usefull tool ever. I work with Inkscape to produce PNG drawings for my classes, and with Miro I can upload them into my "saved files" and re-use them in other classes... it's like having a library of drawings. Absolutely brilliant.

Cons:

The price. I think you could make a simpler version for teachers that don't have enough money for a tool oriented to project management. The "teacher" version doesn't need Canvas, and all the others fancy integrations, just give us the "saved files" and the basic tools and we will make magic with Miro.

Sohaib
Sohaib
Founder in UK
Market Research, 2-10 Employees

Simply the best whiteboard software available

Comments: It's an easy to use collaborative whiteboard software. It's great for creating mindmaps, jotting down ideas or even planning. We always try to use Miro asap in any meeting rather than discussing theoretical - visualising it makes sure everyone in the team is on the same page and Miro makes it so easy to do that.

Pros:

The templates are incredibly helpful. There is just so much variety and all expertly done. Saves you so much time having to think about what kind of diagram is best for the ideas you're discussing with the team. In our team now, we've started to choose Miro over a physical whiteboard. Miro is also incredibly dynamic - you can do everything from mindmaps to wireframes. It's great to have everything in one single place. Miro also makes sharing really easy; from team members, guests to public. It is very easy to set different permission levels and also revoke them when required. Makes sure any sensitive information isn't available for too long.

Cons:

Nothing majorly. I've had a couple of hick-ups previously and the Miro team took a while to respond - there doesn't seem to be a live customer service so that would be good to have. But they're always adding new features and improving the platform. Not had any issues now for a long time.

Gonzalo
Gonzalo
Content Manager in Argentina

The most versatile board tool

Comments: The entire team has been using Miro for over a year, it has been the number 1 solution for our planning processes. It is ideal to show the team in a more visual and orderly way, everything planned, analyzed and executed. We use it a lot for brainstorming. His post-its and the ability to collaborate in real time make the job much easier.

Pros:

Miro is an extremely versatile tool, in it you can do almost anything you can think of. Its board is functional for multiple needs, almost infinite I would say. But the most important thing and what most represents a difference in Miro over other platforms is its community and the support for it. Miro allows the community to create open and free templates for anyone who needs it, in addition to the official ones provided by Miro.

Cons:

Miro is not particularly cheap, especially for large work teams. Its free version only allows 3 boards per user, and its paid version charges per user, not per group. In addition, the free version does not allow outstanding features such as voting, timers, board history, among others.

Jael
Strategist in Netherlands
Internet, 11-50 Employees

Great online collaboration tool

Comments: Miro kinda saved me when I didn't have any alternatives in facilitating my creative sessions when Covid hit. I was able to implement it very quickly and it resonates to most of the users I have so far introduced it to. Great tools and templates to make work efficient.

Pros:

It is a very reliable collaborative tool that provides a very intuitive user experience even for the most digitally challenged users. Most of all, it makes many dreadful meetings more fun.

Cons:

As an admin it is difficult to manage my team. Currently it is very hard to control the type of membership of people in my organization. I have paid members, free members, trial members, free non-team users and everything in between. It seems like I cannot find a proper approach to have people join as a free member, it just happens, or doesn't. Also, it's a bit annoying that opening a board results in the 'hand' tool by default, while there are many other navigational tools available. Set the normal cursor as default instead?

Spartak
Product marketing manager in China
Restaurants, 201-500 Employees

Miro - online service of my wet dreams

Comments: I work on product marketing and menu development in fast growing international Dodo Pizza chain.
Miro help me to:
1. Manage our menu position, their relations, groups of product
2. Manage the ingredients (photo, price, descriptions)
3. Create new recipes - much easier when you all ingredients visually in front of you at the same time
4. Create a marketing campaign for products - marketing materials and references, photos, videos, collages for designers, marketing channels and the actual pictures of other stuff that will be used in that channel
5. Design a new restaurant - all visual references for decoration, equipment, layout of the kitchen, all inventory references.
New store+menu+marketing projects are HUGE, Miro helps to gather all the small details together, keeping all my team members on the same page at the same time. It is absolutely vital to have all visual and strategy mindmap info in front of your eyes, and to able to update it easily. Miro is the best platform for this.

Pros:

So lets start with what I like: 1. Miro is the best thing for mindmapping projects and strategies 2. Easy to add multiple images and make some small but necessary editing 3. Super cool for vusial analysis. My job includes menu analysis of QSR chains, Miro make it much easier, a billion times more efficient tool that others

Cons:

Cons: 1. Tables are available but editing mechanics is 3/5, need to be improved. 2. Hard (or even impossible) to add videos on your Miro board, thus its not easy to make fully packed reference board for let's say your product or project, or even presentation

César
César
Computer engineer in Panama
Computer Hardware, 2-10 Employees

The best tool for collaborative work

Comments: Miro is a jewel of a platform, I used it in my school time to organize collaborative projects and it never failed me, I always had a tool at hand that helped me and my group to maintain productivity. Miro works very well from any point of view, from a businessman, a student, an ordinary person, etc. Miro is an excellent program that you should try because you will surely find something that will be useful for your life.

Pros:

Miro is an excellent platform for productivity and collaborative work, it has many features, but I think those two are the ones that best define the platform. It has a pretty nice-looking interface, very optimized, you have all the functions from the home page, that's good because it helps save a lot of time. There are many templates available to the user that allow us to save a lot of time and work. Group project management it's excellent, it's where Miro shines because it has an impressive suite of collaborative tools, from task management, time management, brainstorming, calendars, diagrams, and everything. Miro is a 5-star platform that whoever you are will surely find a use for it.

Cons:

The price to get all the features can be very expensive, this is a hindrance because the free version has many limitations.

Andrew
Andrew
Business Analyst in UK
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Solid, approachable, and frequently updated.

Comments: It's always great to have a tool that can be used on every day of a project. It comes in handy in the initial "ideation" stages and can be relied upon though to the planning/sequencing of releases.

Pros:

Miro is a fantastic tool that enables collaboration when working remotely. I've used it for mapping, presentations, retros, brainstorming etc. The limit is essentially your own imagination. It's approachable, yet deceptively complex - like all good tools.

Cons:

It's difficult to find cons with Miro. Initially the navigation was clunky - but that was fixed in a recent update with the "right click to move" functionality. It can occasionally drain my laptop's resources or run slowly. However I suspect that may be due to the size and complexity of the boards that we force upon it.

Masturah
Masturah
Administrative Assistant in Malaysia
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Miro is good with digital whiteboard

Pros:

I really like that there are not limitation on Miro usefulness as it has been a great additional software that has help me and my team to express our idea on the virtual discussion. It work seamlessly that now we can't have online meeting without it anymore.

Cons:

The text search feature is too slow when i searching for any text or notes that i use on the whiteboard. Sometime, it will even returning result that are not related with the keyword that i have entered and left me frustrating.

Project Manager in US

Game changer for remote work and collaboration!

Comments: It's been an awesome experience and helped me see how my coworkers and teams work together in a whole new light. I have used multiple different whiteboard, flowchart software, etc and this is just clean and pretty fun.

Pros:

I love that I can have dozens of people on a board I create and we can all work on it together, from wherever we are in the world. AND it is so easy, and presents so well for my meetings.

Cons:

It gets pretty pricy for the size of my company right now, if we were to upgrade to the level where we could have multiple teams. That and as a software company, we hope someday we will be able to import UQL data eventually!

Alex
Teacher in US
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

A teachers ode to miro

Comments: Been really dynamic and enjoyable.

Pros:

This product has been very versatile for myself and colleagues. We have been using it to collaborate inside our individual classrooms as well as cross curricular work. I have been using this app as the landing pad for all of my projects this year.

Cons:

I need more team member slots. My plan is to get our entire school on this app as our defacto collaboration space. We are partnered with a research institution known as XQ that has led us to experimental lesson delivery. This app has been great for visual learners