VidCruiter Reviews

by VidCruiter

• Overall

About VidCruiter

It allows you to recruit talented candidates in a timely and cost saving manner by going from 100 resumes to finalists automatically.

Learn more about VidCruiter

Karen B.
Asst recruiter
Telecommunications, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2017

"It provided the structure which was lacking prior to it's implementation"

Comments: It is very dependable and I do enjoy the ease of use

Pros: Ease of use and dependability, it has made the process so easy and anytime something has to be changed, it is a seamless process

Cons: I really haven't really found anything that was frustrating, or that was unable to be corrected easily.

• Reviewed on 05/09/2017
Judy C.
H.R. Recruiter
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 Employees

"H.R. Recruiter"

Comments: VidCruiter is a great applicant tracking system. The staff who I work with is amazing! He is very patient, friendly and very knowledgeable and will guide you step by step in the process.

Pros: Great

Cons: N/A

by VidCruiter on 22/06/2017

Thanks a lot Judy! Yes, here at VidCruiter all of our account managers are willing to guide all of our clients step-by-step through our platform. We'll pass the message on to Remi!

Terry-ann T.
Staffing & Recruiting, 501-1,000 Employees

"VidCruiter Review"

Comments: VidCruiter has made may job so much easier. It allows us to hire the right candidates and it filters out the ones we don't need. (Saves so much time). I want to thank the VidCruiter Team for all the support with this application.
Five Stars all the way.

Pros: It is easy to use, the filter feature, it stores all the candidates information.

Cons: It doesn't show the exact date a position is posted only month and year.

by VidCruiter on 22/06/2017

Hello Terry-Ann, we're glad our hiring platform has made your job easier! Saving you time is something we aim for. We'll be passing your thanks to our support team!

Terry-ann T.
Recruiting Supervisor
Human Resources, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2017

"Best ATS I ever used"

Comments: I can really go paperless.

Pros: I can add unlimited amount of position in this system, I can add pictures to the system, I can send a delayed email to candidates, I can send report on each product, This is linked with out payroll department.

Cons: Not being able to blacklist a candidate, not being able to have the question rotate, our evaluation not being scored individually (but this is being worked on).

• Reviewed on 08/12/2017
Tsvety N.
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2017

"The BEST video interviewing platform"

Comments: We reviewed more than ten vendors that offered video interviewing applications and went with VidCruiter because they offered the most robust solution at a very reasonable price. The implementation was quick and easy. The UI is user friendly and recruiters, hiring managers and candidates have no problem using it. Their support is outstanding and they have made many customizations to the product based on our specific use case. Thank you

Pros: - live interviews where you can have as many as 6 people attending
- questions are not only in written form, but also video
- you can add question scripts to the live interviews to guide the interviewer
- hiring managers can rate and provide comments on every answer, not just overall feedback/rating
- rating can be based on a competency model that interviewer can refer to
- being able to add disqualifying questions
- various workflows to the recruiter/candidate/hiring manager
- ability to use email templates, intro videos and company branding
- ability to test excel and typing skills
- interview calendar sync with Gmail

Cons: No integration with Salesforce/Jobscience, but I know they are working on it

by VidCruiter on 27/06/2017

WOW! Remi and I we're blown away with your comment "The BEST video interviewing platform". Thank you so much for the great appreciation, it fuels our desire to strive more and bring VidCruiter to higher heights. Truly, this is our mission here at VidCruiter. Furthermore, we now integrate with Salesforce and Jobscience.

• Reviewed on 21/01/2017
Nichola C.
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2017

"VidCruiter is easy to use, time efficient (saves time) and allow user to make more informed decision"

Comments: Quality candidates have been selected through the testing that Vidcruiter has and we are able to screen applicants better.

Pros: The ability to easily use the software. There are many features that assist in the hiring process.

Cons: Software not able to block applicants who apply with more than one emails.
Some test scores has to be manually scored.

by VidCruiter on 22/12/2017

Hello Nichola,

Thank you for the feedback.

We are glad to hear that we have been able to save you time, and have helped you make more informed decisions.

Our system can automatically block applicants that use the same email, but there are also quick ways to identify applicants that use a different email address.

Having to manually enter test scores may mean that your process is not fully optimized in the system. Likely, there is another way of capturing scores that would prevent you from having to enter them manually.

I will pass on your comments to your Customer Success Managers but feel to also reach out to them at any time if you want to find out how we can prevent the cons that you mentioned.

Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 21/12/2017
Jonathan R.
Director of Recruitment
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2015

"VidCruiter has become indispensable."

Comments: For the most part, candidates report VidCruiter is easy to use. There are of course issues with platforms and software every now and then, but these are a minority of cases, and customer support is so excellent that I don't feel these cases are a detriment to our hiring goals. Every case is solved expediently. I especially appreciate that customer support will call my candidates directly, so the responsibility for solving the issue is on VidCruiter and not my candidates or me. In this arena, Remy deserves praise. When I call for help, he almost always answers the phone, and when he doesn't, I get a return call promptly. He's always courteous and clear, even when my questions belie human error or lack of understanding on my part. Principals love VidCruiter, specifically the video interview and the references. 1. Video interview -- Last year, our initial screen was a phone screen conducted by me. I would share my notes and ratings with our five principals for them to decide whether they wanted to use their limited and precious time to schedule a phone interview. This year, we use the VidCruiter video interview in place of the initial phone screen. My principals report that they feel much more confident moving forward to phone interviews based on the video interview. They also report that there have been far fewer "dud" phone interviews this year than last year, meaning the video interview has provided far more useful information than our phone screens last year. 2. References -- Last year, one of the principals would call each reference, take notes, and share written notes with the other principals. This year, all 5 principals can read each reference's words directly. The potency of the references is greatly augmented. Also, I'm able to ensure that all references have been collected by a certain date/time, so we're able to make hiring decisions much more quickly than before, when we had to wait to catch references on the phone.

by VidCruiter on 01/04/2016

Thanks for the feedback. I know we fixed all the issues you had before and I hope we are providing you with a great hiring experience. We appreciate your feedback as always.

• Reviewed on 29/06/2015
Chris R.
Regional Consultant
Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/07/2015

"Canadian Track and Field Championships - 2014"

Comments: We contacted Vidruiter to help us transition from a paper only volunteer application process to an online application process. We knew were going to get hundreds of applications as this was the second year in a row for us hosting the event. The online platform we that VidCruiter developed in very close collaboration with us was superb.

Pros: As Chair of the Volunteer recruitment and accreditation committee (and a volunteer myself), it was very important to me that I be able to manage the information from the applications and that it be as automated as possible. The product they developed achieved this in spades and I was able to focus more on the volunteer's experience and assistant the rest of the committee rather than staying on top of all the paper. Working with the staff at VidCruiter was a very positive experience and they grasped what we needed while coming up with their own innovations that were really helpful. Response time on questions was very good and I can honestly say that I always got an answer quickly.

by VidCruiter on 28/06/2017

Hi, Chris! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our partnership as well! Thank you for the review!

• Reviewed on 03/07/2015
Vanessa J.
Talent Acquisition - Specializing in Diversity Recruitment
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2017

"K-12 School -- it works for us"

Comments: We are a network of charter schools in Philadelphia. Our recruitment team uses VidCruiter software in conjunction with Salesforce. We signed up for VidCruiter so that we could free up recruiter time during phone interviews. We were limited in the number of people that we could conduct phone interviews with, so our process relied very heavily on resume screening. VidCruiter has allowed us to interview FAR more people and to consider people seriously beyond a resume. Candidates enjoy the flexibility in scheduling and the ability to re-record their answers. As a recruiter, it is nice to reserve phone interviews for critical roles or follow up questions.

Pros: Customer support is amazing. Delightful, really. Replies are fast and issues are resolved quickly. It is very much a selling point that has allowed us to renew for the last couple of years.

Cons: Occasionally, video load time lags both as a reviewer and for candidate participants. I'm not sure why. As a reviewer, this means it takes me a bit longer than I'd like to watch a video because it will stream the first few seconds and I have to keep pausing it to let it buffer. I am confident that it isn't my internet connection because I can easily enjoy Netflix and YouTube without this issue. The way of creating positions and adding questions to positions is a more time consuming than I'd like. For me, this is where I lean on the support team who graciously create positions for me in what seems like lightening speed.

by VidCruiter on 28/06/2017

Thank you very much for that in-depth review, Vanessa! As we continue to innovate and seek ways to become better, reviews like these help us achieve this. We are glad that you have taken full advantage of our great support team and hope to continue our partnership for many more years!

Catherine J.
Student
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2018

"The Next Best Interview Tool"

Pros: This software makes video interviewing the easiest thing in the world and provides a wide range of functionality.

Cons: Nothing is perfect; there are little bugs here and there that could use some fixing, but otherwise not much else to complain about.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2018
Chris G.

"Strong service!"

Comments: We had a wonderful experience using VidCruiter as part of our recruiting process. It's a wonderful service, with great customer support!

by VidCruiter on 22/06/2017

We appreciate that Chris. To satisfy our clients through strong customer service is one of our main goals at VidCruiter.

Trisha S.
Strategic HR Analyst
Public Policy
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2016

"Professional and Practical!"

Pros: The customer service was excellent, training was very useful and the software was very user-friendly! It helped our screening process to be more efficient and helped ensure that we made the best selection for interview candidates.

Cons: Many functions are grouped together and so they are difficult to navigate. The automatic email feature was not easy to use.

• Reviewed on 28/01/2016
Erin S.
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2017

"City of Moncton"

Comments: VidCruiter has allowed us to streamline our online recruitment process making our processes simple, efficient and professional. They were also available any time we needed assistance and were very happy to help

by VidCruiter on 22/06/2017

We're very grateful for that wonderful comment Erin. VidCruiter is designed to help recruiters save time and effort.

• Reviewed on 24/01/2017
Richard O.
  • Reviewed on 23/01/2017

"Custom features and responsiveness great"

Comments: The team built out an incredible custom software feature for us which we cannot imagine living without now that it is fully integrated into our recruiting efforts. It was an incredibly easy process for us to set up thanks to the customer support staff taking the time to sit down and speak with us about what we wanted and what we needed and to subsequently deliver on time.

by VidCruiter on 26/06/2017

You're welcome Richard. Yes our hiring platform is designed to help recruiters streamline their hiring process and efforts, we're always here to help!

• Reviewed on 23/01/2017
Timothy D.
Talent Manager
Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2017

"Great Product"

Comments: When it comes to using a Video Interview service, the options can be daunting. This one and only choice are VidCruiter. Simply put, if there are any issues, the VidCruiter team is on the case and ensuring that everything is working smoothly. Other companies should study the VidCruiter model.

• Reviewed on 30/01/2017
Naomi C.
Office and Events Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"startx user"

Comments: It's been a wonderful recruitment tool!

Pros: I liked the compartmentalization of notes, video, etc, it was easy to multitask and stay engaged with the process. The video quality itself is very good- we spoke to folks around the world and I have shaky internet and there was no lag from vidcruiter.

Cons: It would be helpful if at the end of an interview session you could somehow be transported to a separate video call room (like a breakout room) so you and the other interviewer could debrief there. I'm always a tad worried that the interviewee will somehow log back into the original room, so we try to debrief offline.

by VidCruiter on 03/07/2020

Thanks, Naomi! so happy it's been smooth for you and your teammates.

We actually just turned on a feature in your account where you can lock out applicants. You should be all set to debrief post-interview!

If you ever run into a problem again, you can always reach out to our customer support team and with our, under 5-minute response time, we will make sure that you get all the features you need for your account.

• Reviewed on 24/06/2020
Mike T.
Director of Learning & Development
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2018

"Good platform with some issues"

Comments: Customer service is generally prompt and helpful.
Better to ask the team than your specific contact.

Pros: The customisation of the roles, scores & weighting and positions are all fairly good.
Analytics can be useful.

Cons: Some features and processes don't feel intuitive or logical.
This makes somethings hard to design and/or implement.

• Reviewed on 11/05/2018
Sabrina P.
Atlantic Program Director
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

"We Love VidCruiter!"

Comments: We use this software to help us manage between 1500-2000 applications to our Venture for Canada program annually. It simplifies the process for us and saves us countless hours of work. We would recommend them highly. :)

by VidCruiter on 22/06/2017

Hello Sabrina, thanks for loving our system! We assure you that we'll always provide the best service.

Zaure Z.
Recruiter / Team Lead
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2017

"Useful tool for recruiters and hiring managers"

Comments: We implemented this tool in our recruitment process in 2015. We hired bunch of people for Marketing, Recruitment, Sales and Consulting teams.
Costumer support is great, whenever I needed help I would always get immediate answer and support.
The tool is easy to use, the functionality is structured and organised.
I had great experience, and considering that I am very demanding person, I was happy with the application and costumer service we received.

Pros: - helps to evaluate candidates communication skill
- we made our recruitment process more efficient

by VidCruiter on 22/06/2017

Comments like these make us feel overwhelmed. This makes the VidCruiter team strive harder to reach out to many organizations and companies as we can, so they can also experience the same experience like you did with our platform.Thank you Zaure!

Anthony B.
Director of Recruitment Operations, Outreach, and Data
Primary/Secondary Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/06/2017

"A great way to learn more about candidates (and their investment in our process)!"

Comments: I've had nothing but incredible support from the VidCruiter team! They've worked with me to find personalized solutions for our hiring processes and have been a real joy to work with!

Pros: VidCruiter allows our recruiters to get strong, additional data points on applicants before investing too much time on a candidate. This ultimately means we can pass better files on to hiring managers. I also believe that the ease with which candidates use the platform increases their confidence in our organization as talent-minded.

Cons: In order to use the product in the most effective way possible I do need to have a strong organizational system to manage it. Our version doesn't sync neatly with our applicant tracking system.

• Reviewed on 02/06/2017
Roland A.
Finance Analyst
Banking, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2018

"Fantastic Customer Service."

Pros: Saves Tremendous time. Great program for profiling prospective applicant. this has helped and enabled us to efficiently and effectively screen applicant and hire qualified candidates i must commend your fantastic support Team. they are very responsive. Bravo to all of them.

Cons: not much cons at all as am continually enjoying this fantastic program with great customer service personnel always at you back and call ready to assist you. i believe reporting can be enhanced. aside that great program with great support team.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2018
Alan L.
Associate Director, Business Technology
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2017

"One of the best product I have ever used!"

Comments: The team is great to work with and they totally understand your business needs and will offer direct solutions rather than workarounds. The Product itself is very well designed and easily configurable to customize your needs on the fly. No need for custom coding in most cases. The company listens to their customer needs/Feedback and adjust/upgrade the product roadmap accordingly.

Pros: Very robust, flexible, and well designed, easily configurable.

Cons: None

by VidCruiter on 22/06/2017

Thank you for considering us as one of the best product you have ever used! Our platform is indeed designed to be customized to every customer and their needs to make their recruitment solutions easier.

Cyndi P.
Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"VidCruiter Review"

Comments: The advantages of VidCruiter are the benefits the program gives to our hiring managers. They can review interviews at any time and any place as long as they have an internet connection. They aren't limited to sitting at their desks in their offices watching video interviews when other work needs to be more of a priority. Also, any number of managers can review the same recruitment by sending individual links to them. Managers can also review the interviews by question which allows them to view how each candidate answers a specific question making it much easier for them to grade. On the candidate side of the program, the interview can be set up to allow them to make a few attempts before they finalize each question. In addition, it allows the candidates to view the questions in advance to be able to prepare their answer. We receive mixed reviews from managers. Some don't want to use the program while others are excited to try it out. Our recruiters sell the concept of using the program and communicate the advantages to managers. We have had greater success when we provide more information. The downside to VidCruiter is that it is moderately challenging to learn. Once the program is understood, it's fairly easy to navigate but it takes using the program several times to become familiar with it. The user interface is pretty straightforward. In addition, VidCruiter does not have a user manual to refer to in the event of a question, though customer service is usually available to answer questions as they arise. A user manual would be a nice addition. Also, many applicants opt out of interviewing if they have to do it on video. This would be the case with any video interview program. The agency could be missing out on great candidates if the candidate chooses not to interview. Another challenge for applicants is the availability of a computer with a web cam. Our agency will assist with providing a place for those candidates to interview, however, it is an inconvenience for the candidate. Overall, I think VidCruiter is a good program. We have heard from other agencies that use a different program and have heard that it is much more difficult to navigate. This program specifically requires the candidate to download a separate software program to their computer or phone to be able to connect to the program to interview.

Pros: User interface
Ease of use for the candidates
Ability to have multiple reviewers
Candidates can make more than one attempt at each question
Customer service is great

Cons: Challenging to learn
Candidates may not have access to web cam
Candidates opt out of interviewing if they are required to do it on video

by VidCruiter on 22/06/2017

Wow, A big thanks Cyndi for that lengthy review. We appreciate your effort. Yes, once the client gets him or her familiarized with the system, everything will surely work smoothly.

Manager of Talent Recruitment
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2017

"I've really enjoyed using VidCruiter. They make one of the biggest buckets of my work faster."

Pros: I like the accessibility of the videos and that I can even do reference checks with them. It makes my job so much easier and faster.

Cons: The aesthetics aren't always great. It can look a bit "bleh" and doesn't look like it's as tech advanced as it actually is.

• Reviewed on 01/11/2017
Hayley B.
HR Coordinator
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2020

"I love using VidCruiter!"

Comments: Since day one, our Account Manager has been very helpful and always friendly and understanding. If we have a problem, we don't have to wait longer than a few days to get it resolved. Their customer service is very friendly and informative, and always eager to help out.

Pros: I love how easy it is to use. Even things that seem somewhat intricate, their customer service is great and they're always there to help you.

Cons: There are some features that I believe should be added such as having certain hiring managers automatically tagged to a location, or to be able to filter tagged candidates to the top of each position. But overall, it's very easy to use.

• Reviewed on 18/11/2020