Greater Giving Reviews

by Greater Giving

• Overall

About Greater Giving

Automate, track, and manage your fundraising efforts from one dashboard. Greater Giving Event Software is used for managing events.

Learn more about Greater Giving

Leslie W.
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2016

"Transform your Auction experience!"

Comments: Our school has benefited tremendously by using the Event Software and Mobile Bidding. In a few weeks we will be using both for the third time at our next Auction fundraiser. After the first year, we not only paid for the software and mobile bidding BUT increased our silent auction profit by $10,000! The program is very easy to use, streamlines all of our donations, and allows us to perform quick reviews post-event. Customer service has been exceptional. Several calls are set up with the Greater Giving team prior to the event and a team member is available during the entire duration of the event. All questions have been answered quickly. The Greater Giving team continues to give suggestions each year as to what we can try at our next event to help increase our profit. And both years the software has been updated with new features. Biggest benefit for our school has been the elimination of long checkout lines at the end of the night. With Mobile Bidding, guests having registered a credit card either before the event or during check-in are instantly notified of their winnings as soon as the Silent Auction closes. Priceless! We continue, a few years into our experience, to get great reviews from our attendees about the significant improvements that this package has made to our annual funraiser.

Pros: ease of use, customer service, mobile bidding function

Rebecca L.
Admin Assistant
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2021

"Not a great fit"

Pros: I do like that you can view multiple records by clicking next, rather than going back to the list and selecting a new one.

Cons: It really didn't provide many tools except keeping records of items. It didn't generate bid sheets, online bidding options, or financial reports. I'm glad I switched to ReadySetAuction this year.

by Greater Giving on 26/04/2021

Thank you for your feedback, which is very helpful to us as we continue to develop and improve our products. Greater Giving Event Software does offer multiple types of bid sheets (printed and online), Online Bidding functionality, and dozens of customizable financial reports. These features are widely supported through our free training and support channels via phone, email, chat, and on-demand. If you utilize Greater Giving in the future, we hope that you will take advantage of these features and our excellent customer support.

• Reviewed on 25/03/2021
Monica J.
Graphic Designer
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2019

"It is good, bu so hard to use and understand!"

Comments: Overall the experience was ok. If 501 Auction had the same price as this one, I would go with 501 no questions asked. This one has a better price and better annual plan, but boy oh boy, it was hard to use!

Pros: What I liked the most was the price and the plan they offered us. It was considerably cheaper than other fundraising platforms and in the demonstration called that we had with them looked so easy and logical (beware!)

Cons: It is not easy to use AT ALL! It is super confusing to set up packages, import supporters, donors. Just building the website was a little nightmare. If it is your first time using this software make sure to have someone to hold your hand during the process. I really thought it would be easy to use, since I have worked with other fundraising programs before. Mistake! It took me a while to work around it and the tutorials didn't feel like enough to me.

Cara M.
Director of Development
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2017

"Best Event Software Available"

Comments: The software provided a quick and accurate recap of the money we brought in during our event.

Pros: Ease of use was great. Go Time interface for volunteers was a life saver!! The website was also a great tool for our Live and Silent Auction items.

Cons: No standard thank you letter with donations, sponsorship/ticket sales, and purchases in one document - very dissapointed

• Reviewed on 27/06/2017
Anna G.
Community Relations and Events Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

"Customer Support"

Pros: The best part of this software is the amount of support that they provide you depending on the level package that you get. For the top level, there are instructional videos for everything along with access to customer service representatives all the time.

Cons: The only challenge that I have encountered is when using the chat system. I never really got a solid answer to my question, so I ended up calling customer support. They heard me and tried to walk through different options so that helped.

Matthew M.
IT Director
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/03/2018

"Great Event Management Software"

Comments: Greater Giving provides all the functionality we need at a very reasonable price. The event registration and check-in/check-out process is easy and much appreciated by our guests. Silent auction online bidding has become very popular, and we've seen a dramatic increase in the amount of money raised through the auctions.

Pros: Nice set of features for the cost.
Online auctions have been a tremendous benefit for our organization

Cons: Admin interface is sometimes difficult to work with, and could use a redesign. Reporting is also a bit cumbersome.

• Reviewed on 28/03/2018
Chris F.
Development Manager
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2016

"Great customer service and a continually developing product."

Comments: We have had success with the Greatergiving event software for the past few years. Each year improvements are made and functionality is added. We have received excellent customer service starting with our sales rep, to the event rep and finally the help desk.

Pros: Ease of use for event night volunteers.

Cons: There is a great deal of options and functionality so there is a learning curve to make the most of the features.

Cindy M.
Website manager
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2015

"Nightmare to use on the backend"

Comments: I can't wait to get rid of this software. It looks good on paper until you use it. We couldn't make heads or tails of the reports. Designing the website pages were challenging (and I'm a website designer). Not intuitive. Inflexible. Want to had a field? Forget it. Want to add instructions or a different title to a field? Forget it. At the bottom of your website will be an ugly black bar with the Greater Giving logo - and you can't get rid of it. I've ask them to change it from a black bar to transparency or white, no luck.

by Greater Giving on 11/05/2015

Thank you for your very valuable feedback. First off, we are sorry to hear your experience was so incredibly frustrating. Your feedback is helpful to us as we continue to develop and improve our products. We recently hired a new Product Manager and he is very interested in speaking with you further to gain more insight. Secondly, we've been listening to feedback about the reports and the black bar and are already updating those areas for further customization so users do not feel stuck.

Overall, thank you for your candidness, and we would like to work with you on accurately collecting your pain points and suggestions to improve our solutions.

Jill Boyer
Senior Marketing Manager

• Reviewed on 07/05/2015
UX Copywriter
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 31/05/2019

"Gets the job doneish"

Comments: I used for organizing fundraising - I'd personally reaearch other software in the future to see if they have better search options for easier fill-in or better grammar checks for entries.

Pros: It wasveasy to keep track of lots of different pieces for donor fundraising and an auction event. In export functionality, it was great.

Cons: Woof, not very intuitive at first. Also just time consuming. It feels like there should be a built in feature to search businesses and addresses or such. That would elevate the software to gold in my donor assistant standards.

• Reviewed on 31/05/2019
Jordan D.
Communications Center Supervisor
Civic & Social Organization, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2018

"Essential for Fundraising!"

Pros: This software is an exceptional tool for fundraising efforts. Event planners, auction chairs, and many more benefit from this software offering an organized and unique approach to fundraising. Mobile bidding, online auctions, and much more make this software engaging and easy to use from anywhere!

Cons: Initial use may be a challenge before you get used to the product. Learning curve for those that are not used to technology through mobile bidding and online auctions, however, the ease of use makes it easy to explain to a donor.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2018
Tera C.
Director of Operations
Primary/Secondary Education
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2016

"Greater Giving great customer service"

Pros: Customer service was incredible. I loved being able to create a fundraising page for each new campaign.

Cons: I can't say anything negative about this program. Every encounter I had with customer service went above and beyond!

• Reviewed on 09/05/2016
Emily S.
president
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2015

"Fantastic Service and Great Product"

Comments: We have been using Greater Giving for our Parents' Club fundraising software for since 2011. I personally began using the software in 2012 and have grown very fond of the product. Every year I talk with customer service and say I wish the software could do "xyz" and they say "that is in the works". The next year I see the improvements. My biggest complaint is the software takes some time to learn. We are a volunteer organization and it can be difficult to have people learn the software in the time frame needed. That being said, those of us who are actively involved are very knowledgeable and impressed with the many features the software offers. I believe a permanent, year round organization would quickly get immersed in the software and use it to the fullest intent. I am impressed with all the reporting and appreciated the many ways you can filter the data and export the data. The ease of being able to pull donors, donations and sponsors from one event to the next has been a huge benefit for us and eliminated many hours of work. In reality, I do not feel the software could be easier I just believe we are in a difficult position because of ever changing volunteers.

• Reviewed on 08/02/2015
Patty S.
Director of Development
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2015

"Recommend Greater Giving for nonprofit events management"

Comments: I have used Greater Giving for the past three years to manage our agency's gala. Last year, we added the mobile bidding component. When we jumped from 'paper' to Greater Giving in 2012, our goal was to make our guests' experiences at the gala as painless as possible. We also wanted to make it easier to manage for the volunteer leadership in our cash out room. With the help of Greater Giving, our gala has become one of the best in Rochester, NY. We have over 700 guests that register quickly and easily, and most who choose to pre-swipe a credit card, making the check out process no longer a necessity at the end of the evening. Our auctions have grown, and the return on value as gone from 55% to 78% last year - the first time we used mobile bidding. The Greater Giving service team has been exceptional, often responding the same day when contacted, always by the end of the next business day. Greater Giving has many layers and takes time to truly understand all that it can do to help with your events. However, it is easy to understand, and the time invested will pay off with happy attendees and volunteers and significant growth in amount raised. I highly recommend this product for anyone looking to increase revenue at an event and enhance the experiences of the attendees

• Reviewed on 10/02/2015
Gina L.
Director of Donor Relations
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2021

"Functional Mid-Range Difficulty in Use"

Comments: Customer service is top notch. My questions are always answered very quickly and there is always someone willing to walk me through what I'm doing. The team is wonderful over there.

Pros: It can do a LOT. You can do events in person, virtually, run raffles, sell tickets, etc etc etc. It covers the gamut of fundraising activities.

Cons: It is not super easy to use. Perhaps because it is capable of doing so many things that is why, but it requires more than a few calls and trainings and help manuals to figure out what you need to do in order to get what you want to happen.

• Reviewed on 18/05/2021
Madi S.
Development Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2018

"Greater Giving"

Comments: Overall great. There are occasional glitches but their customer support team is outstanding.

Pros: The auction and check in portion of the software are the most valuable. Allowing early and self check in for participants at events is fantastic and helpful.

Cons: This does not link to any of our other databases and we have to enter all information without any transfers

• Reviewed on 09/10/2018
Ron K.
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2016

"Greater Giving: Great software for event management"

Comments: We use Greater Giving to manage our Marquee events (galas, golf, wine tasting, etc.) - events that usually have an auction component and the staff, volunteers and constituents love it. I've personally used Greater Giving software for the past eight years and have never worked with a software vendor that is more in tune with their customer's wants and needs. They actually ASK for ways they can improve the product and LISTEN! I've seen our suggestions appear in product updates repeatedly over the years and they never stop trying to improve their product. We began using their mobile bidding service over the past couple of years and the staff and patrons love it. Their Go Time event night software is so easy to use I barely have to train volunteers on event night - the software just walks them through the check-in/registration process and makes check out at the end of the night a breeze. As previous reviews mentioned, their website and reporting areas are a little more cumbersome to use, but I know that they are working on that too - we've already seen some great advances in reporting with the latest software release. Greater Giving software and event support is outstanding - they are only a phone call away anytime, but most importantly on the day of your event and a LIVE person answers the phone who knows the product and can fix your issues and get you back on track in no time! They are fantastic. I would highly recommend Greater Giving to any non- profit interested in experiencing a great event management tool. This is one fantastic organization!

Pros: Ease of use, outstanding customer support, mobile bidding option/component, auctioneer features for a professional live auction, leader boards, smooth check-in/check-out event process, ability to e-mail receipt to patrons at check out, volunteers absolutely love it! Patrons are very impressed at the flow of the event when we move the event management to Greater Giving.

Cons: Reporting is confusing and needs work and they need to make improvements in the backend website creation process but we are able to get the information out of the system that we need and we have great looking, easy to use websites.

Mary D.
Owner/Event Producer
Events Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2021

"Visually Appealing and Functional Auction Software"

Pros: Greater Giving is my preferred auction software - the main page is visually appealing and straight forward and the Greater Giving team continues to make updates that amplify the platform for virtual events (for example, their engagement center where you can embed a video). The thermometer view that can be shown during events to capture live donations is better than any others and that alone usually convinces my clients to use Greater Giving.

Cons: Greater Giving is not as affordable as other platforms and if my clients decide not to use it, it is usually because of the price - specifically because of the online auction add on. Greater Giving really corners the market but I wish it was less expensive so I could more fully recommend it to non-profits with less resources and smaller budgets.

• Reviewed on 17/05/2021
Ashley M.
Dir. of Communications
Civic & Social Organization, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2018

"Great for Fundraising Event Logistics, Bidding"

Pros: The best thing about Greater Giving is the mobile capability that allows attendees at our annual gala to bid on silent auction items from their seats. We've yet to find this capability with any other fundraising software.

Cons: I'm a newer user and still getting used to the platform, but I'd love for it to be more user-friendly.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2018
Julie R.
Executive Director
Philanthropy
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2015

"Expensive and 'Pages' are hard to set up"

Pros: When I started my website it was one of the only sites out there. They are PCI compliant.

Cons: How difficult the pages are to set up and understand. The 'FAQ's' and online 'Help' aren't any help at all.

• Reviewed on 21/10/2015
Shawn S.
Accounting & Development Specialist
Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2017

"GG review"

Pros: relatively user friendly, basic functionality, good value for the low cost of the product, customer service was prompt

Cons: customer service answers varied in accuracy and helpfulness, software is somewhat clunky to use, dated looking

• Reviewed on 10/08/2017
Leah K.
Development Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2016

"Made an impression on our guests!"

Comments: Using Greater Giving Express Pay allowed our guests to have a more seamless experience at our silent auction. Guests commented on how easy it was to participate in all aspects of the event using their bid number and not have to worry about standing in a checkout line at the end of the night. I wouldn't go back to using anything but this! As a small nonprofit, we are always looking to save money, so the price tag is a hurdle - but once you think about the gained revenue because your guests are focused on giving and not worries about check out - the price is worth it in increased revenue.

Pros: Makes checkout seamless at silent auction event.
You don't loose revenue trying to hunt down someone who bid but didn't pay at the end of the night.

Cons: I'd love for it to be cheaper!

Morgan H.
Campaign Development Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2020

"Used For Multiple Black Tie Balls"

Comments: I have worked for a company who has used Greater Giving for Multiple fundraising galas. The software is very easy to use as a volunteer and great interface for the donor.

Pros: -Ease to Use
- Staff able to help onsite
-Great Customer Interface

Cons: -difficulty pulling reports
-other than that not a ton of cons

• Reviewed on 27/10/2020
Chantelle W.
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2016

"Another great event with the help of Greater Giving!"

Comments: I have used Greater Giving's Event Software and mobile bidding platform for the past several years and just finished my largest gala event yet - with over 400 people attending - and I don't know how I could have done so without it! From tracking all of my items and packages, to assigning guests to tables, viewing their purchases and organizing mobile bidding and a text to give campaign, it makes me look like a pro. My volunteers love it, my guests appreciate the ease with which they check in and check out, and I find the system itself to be very user friendly. And for those rare times when I can't figure it out myself, chat support is fabulous! I have recommended this software to several colleagues and will continue to do so.

Laura M.
Philanthropy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2018

"Greater Giving Event Software"

Comments: Overall it is a still a great software that has great functions and so far is the best I have used to run a large silent auction 50 items plus.

Pros: The software purchase covers features dealing with ticket sales, silent auction bids, community partners, sponsorship purchases and can safely store credit card information. Also, if your organization hosts more than one event per year you can add several events and track for no extra cost and store all donor information for those events.

Cons: The ease of use of this program is lacking. It is a bit confusing to run reports. It also doesn't make it very easy to set a Max capacity for an event and have it close down automatically. Someone has to go in and do so, or at least this is the experience we found. Also, you can only attach one checking/banking account to the software so if you have two large events and two separate accounts for them in order to use the software without having to repurchase you must stick to the one account.

• Reviewed on 10/05/2018
Group Sales Representative and Events Assistant
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2018

"Will make check-in a breeze"

Comments: The benefits of Greater Giving include an easy upload and check-in process, a simple check-out process for auction purchases or donations, and a simple training for staff members.

Pros: The features of this products "go-time" make for a really easy event check-in. I've worked a variety of events with this software, most notably a large seated fundraiser. Everyone was able to check-in quickly and all the details needed by our check-in team were easily accessible.

Cons: The search function could be expanded on to assist better with misspellings or connections to other members (spouse names, etc).

• Reviewed on 22/06/2018