15 years helping Singaporean businesses

About 7shifts

7shifts is designed to simplify team management, one shift at a time. Start your free 14-day trial today!

Learn more about 7shifts

Pros:

This is so usefull while you have to make schedules, reports and have a logbook about your workplace. It is also so intuitive and by the price, it is a great option.

Cons:

Employees report that it is the only aspect of the app that gives them trouble.

7shifts ratings

4.7
4.7
4.6
4.6

8.9/10

7shifts has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 1,167 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used 7shifts before?

Filter reviews (1,167)

Leandro
Leandro
Financial in US

7 Shifts for restaurant schedule Management

Comments: My managers and employees love it.

Pros:

It is easy to use and anybody with a phone can have easy access to their schedule, send messages using it, and letting anybody know about changes. It is a very practical and professional tool for the schedules that we use in our Restaurant. We have the scheduling available on our P/R processor, but we prefer to pay for this service as it is more agile and practical than our P/R company.

Cons:

To be honest, I do not have any complaints, but we only use the scheduling module as we have other systems.

4 years ago

Thanks for the review Leandro! It's great to hear that even though you have the option, you see so much value in 7shifts that it goes above and beyond what is offered to you in your payroll provide. Know that we will always be looking to increase the value of our services for folks like yourself. Cheers!

Tessa
Curator in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Great customer service

Comments: Good. Works most of the time. Customer service is great.

Pros:

If I have an issue the customer service is great. They even take my suggestions and have made improvements!

Cons:

Sometimes it is slow to load so that is anoying

2 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with 7shifts! We love hearing about how 7shifts has positively impacted your restaurant. If there is ever anything we can help with, our team is here for you. Feel free to reach out to [email protected] for any extra feedback or questions.

Susie
GM in US

It’s Okay

Pros:

When choosing the highest cost package, you will have access to the most basic necessary functions. They do not charge base level employees to use the app

Cons:

Some functions change without first being informed (although they state that they always inform prior to a change). Their beta testing due diligence leaves something to be desired. If they are unable to duplicate an error even if you can prove it exists, they refuse to fix it saying they are incapable of doing so. They make their customers pay for basic functions through the most costly package I used to use 7ahifts for over 4 years. I was looking at using them again for a different restaurant. However, the salesperson I encountered was a typical salesperson and never talked to me like they cared about the company Where I’m currently employed. Instead I was told stats about how I wouldn’t find a program cheaper, that they weren’t gouging those who wanted the basic functions I pointed at, and multiple other aspects in which I was wrong. When I pointed that out, he proceeded to raise his voice at me, chuckled and attempted to carry on I hung up on him at that point of the conversation I would have never signed a contract with this individual. Hopefully other sales reps actually care about potential customers

4 years ago

Hi Susie, Thanks so much for your comment. We really appreciate your candid feedback so we can make the 7shifts experience better for all users, and we're sorry to hear your experience was less than ideal. As a product that is growing and evolving every day, our pricing has changed a lot since you would have first started using 7shifts 4 years ago, but we would like to see what we can do to make 7shifts work for the restaurant you are currently working in. Please drop us a line at [email protected] and we will see what we can do to offer a solution the meets the needs of your business. In regards to your interactions with a member of our team, I have flagged this to our management team to ensure that we provide everyone the same high level of service that we ourselves would expect. We apologize if your experience was less than ideal and really take that to heart. We hope that in the future we can earn back the trust you have placed in our business.

BRENDON
Restaurants, 11–50 Employees

Good system but lacks basic budget

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I’ve used 7shifts for a number of years. I’ve had no complaints up until the basic need of looking at dollars written to spend and also reporting showing us the difference of what we scheduled versus what we spent in dollars. I don’t need man hours I don’t need certain budget tools that they use. It’s just missing the one number that I can use as an administrator to check how my managers with their schedules.

Pros:

The ease of use of using to write schedules and communication.

Cons:

I want to know total dollar spend for the written schedule per day. It is lacking that basic function because it has other tools that are supposed to help you. But the tools are very complex and difficult.

2 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with 7shifts! We greatly appreciate customer feedback. With any feedback you'd like to share further, feel free to pass it along to [email protected].

Mario
Managing Partner in US

Very Valuable Tool

Comments: Has been a great tool in the daily operation of our business.

Pros:

The ability to mange multiple schedules. Distribute it easily. Communicate with the team. View sales and sale comparisons. Save daily logs.

Cons:

Not fully integrated with POS so that we could pull individual employee sales or receipts or see PMIX reports.

2 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with 7shifts! We greatly appreciate customer feedback. With any concerns or feedback you'd like to share further, feel free to pass it along to [email protected].

Ray

Pizza Ranch Gillette, WY

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Decent experience, but I'm starting to waiver if I will continue to use it.

Pros:

Easy to use, easy for employees to use. It's mobile and I can access it from anywhere, as can our employees

Cons:

Lack of sync with Revel POS which makes me hesitant to continue to use it.

last month

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with 7shifts! We greatly appreciate customer feedback. With any feedback you'd like to share further, feel free to pass it along to [email protected] and they can help you.

Ryan
director of operations in US

Amazing Company

Pros:

I love the fact that seven shifts sets my teams up for success

Cons:

I truly like everything about 7shifts. I have no issues with the product

Sherri
Tour Operations Coordinator in US

7 Shifts is a critical part of my job and makes it easier

Comments: I am very impressed with how easy it is to use and all of the features it has. I makes scheduling pretty manageable. It is great for the team to use for trades and communication.

Pros:

I like how easy it is to put together the schedule for our team. team. It is great that they can use the app for communication, trades and keeping track of their schedule. They seem to like it as well and make good use of it. I cannot imagine my job without it.

Cons:

I don't like that I cannot set it to see a whole weekend on one screen. It would help so much if I could see Thursday - Sunday in one screen. I hate how the start end times cannot be set by me. They change randomly to times I need just once in a while, if I don't notice that it chose a different time it is a mess. I would like shift times set by me but a function so I can change it for on off situations.

Carilyn
Director in US

Maximize Efficiency: Unlocking Potential with 7shifts

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It is great for scheduling and team communication. There are lots of additional options as well that we are looking forward to implementing.

Pros:

This app is not only incredibly user-friendly but also impressively efficient. With its intuitive interface, I've been able to streamline scheduling processes, saving valuable time and ensuring seamless communication with my staff. The real-time updates and notifications help to foster a more cohesive and productive work environment.

Cons:

We have experienced occasional glitches or technical issues but they were resolved quite quickly.

Madison
Shift manager in US

Best Out There!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, the easiest to use and understand of all scheduling systems any of my jobs have had.

Pros:

It’s extremely user-friendly. Very easy to navigate between sections and clear layouts.

Cons:

The chat feature doesn’t always load everyone’s responses properly.

Gerad
President/Founder in Canada

A Huge Lifesaver for Our 250-Seat Restaurant

Comments: I really love the 7shifts people. They are passionate about what they're doing, super engaged with customers and always working to make us happy. They are a tech company that is really keeping the customer's needs in mind and working to make our lives better/easier. At this point I couldn't fathom losing the 7shifts toolkit at Prairie Dog Brewing.

Pros:

7shifts is really geared toward restaurant shift/labour management and communications, whereas so many of the other scheduling softwares out there try to fit the general case and don't handle the high-paced, dynamic nature of restaurant staffing nearly as well. From our perspective, 7shifts literally cuts down 5-10 hours a week of admin time, while also providing us a convenient, central location for communication with staff, basic HR data, etc. We use the free 7punches app to track time punches, which also has some nifty features that help us manage labour costs and keep better tabs on things like lateness. What I'm most excited about now is 7shifts' built-in "Optimal Labor" tool, which combined with our POS sales integration, provides me with HOURLY forecasts for my sales on given upcoming week, then tells me how many servers, bartenders, etc it thinks I should have on based on my sales, labour targets and past scheduling. It's not perfect, but its hugely helpful and lightyears ahead of what we were doing in the past, taking only a fraction of the time. 7shifts is a tech company that really gets restaurants and what we need, I eagerly anticipate every update to the software. I'm a techno-geek at heart, with my own tech industry experience, and by working with the 7shifts people and products, I immediately see a really healthy, creative tech culture at the company, which are poised to keep moving at a phenomenal pace and quality of output.

Cons:

I wish we could get the Machine Learning auto-scheduler feature at "The Works" package level, even as a priced add-on. Currently the only way to get it is to sign up for a massively more expensive package that is really designed for franchise chains with many locations to handle. We have just one location, but really want the auto-scheduler (it's absolutely brilliant). I love the 7shifts web API and use it for quite a lot of our own software, but the documentation is really incomplete/out of date and I have to do a lot of reverse engineering either from their website or by making educated guesses. I can imagine that this might cause some friction or limit the abilities of third parties to integrate with 7shifts. Third party integrations have not been as robust or full-featured as I'd hoped, at least the TouchBistro/7shifts integration, but I think that's more due to the other side of the integration than the 7shifts people.

5 years ago

Wow! Thanks so much for this amazing, detailed review Gerad. Our entire team really values your feedback and are thrilled to have the opportunity to work with you and your staff every day. We are working tirelessly to ensure that we are THE best labor management solutions for restaurants, so validation from our amazing users like yourself really drives home that we are on the right path. Also, thanks so much for the feedback on our Auto-Scheduler we are actively working on providing this functionality to more users like yourself and look forward to showing you what we are working on soon. Cheers!

Leslie

Best Decision

Comments: I wish all companies had a team like 7 Shifts! Such a joy to work with. They love their job and are not just a sales department. Their support and development teams are just as good as their front line sales because they can really believe in their product and deliver what they are promising. First class!

Pros:

We can maximize profit by scheduling exactly where needed with forecasting We can create a schedule in minutes verses an hour We can eliminate scheduling employees on requested days off or outside of their availability Employees can update availability, time off without bothering management Employees find a replacement for their shift after schedule is posted instead of bothering management Managers can monitor labor in real time on phone app dashboard report We use the 'engage' report as a positive way to eliminate attendance issues (late, no show, sick, change schedule, etc) Employees can access by phone or computer Employees can provide immediate shift feedback at end of shift Managers can distribute hours and tasks evenly and monitor Managers love the communication notification. One memo can be distributed to all or certain department to inform of last minute specials or even announce an employees birthday

Cons:

To be honest, my list has dwindled of items I like least because everytime I bring a negative aspect to customer support, the development team calls and gathers information, then they begin programming and redesigning to improve their product for everyone. My only issue is waiting for them to make the awesome labor dashboard available for lower levels so managers can use it to train team leads without programming them to be in the 'management' category just to get the actual real time labor on their phone.

4 years ago

Amazing! Thanks for the review Leslie. We are grateful for your feedback and it has made our team's day to hear from every department at 7shifts is pulling together to provide more value to you and your business. It's feedback like this that reminds us why labor management is vitally important to operators like yourself and we look forward to providing you and your team even more value in the future.

Brian

7Shifts review

Comments: Very positive. The software is intuitive and easy to teach others. Plenty of functionality

Pros:

Ability to easily upload a new employee, set their parameters, and schedule them. Ability to message and communicate with staff easily. Ability to create labor projections and review vs actual.

Cons:

Inability to stack and sort employee shifts on a given day.

Andreina
HR Director in US
Hospitality, 501–1,000 Employees

Potential

Comments: So Far it has worked for our company, hopefully we can further develop our usage.

Pros:

The software has a lot of potentials to be great, the best part of it is the integration with POS so we can have real-time data.

Cons:

There are sections like time-sheets that are unnecessarily hard and not user-friendly.

3 years ago

Thanks for the review Andreina! As you mentioned, we look forward to showing you the full potential of how 7shifts can help your restaurant. As such, your dedicated success manager to see how they can help you out :)

Shannon
Operator in US
Restaurants, 2–10 Employees

Great product, and the price is so affordable

Comments: The best piece to me was taking scheduling, time off requests, availability, and budgeting and putting them into a single piece of software.

Pros:

I loved getting to a digital schedule that I could easily push notifcations to my employees. It really streamlined the schedule process for my business and allowed me to simplify several processes into one.

Cons:

I was very happy with the software, however the only thing that made me switch was to get as many things under a single software suite as possible. We now use square for POS, scheduling, time tracking, payroll management, etc.

Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

High powered timekeeping for low entry cost.

Comments: 7punches is high powered, low cost product that was very easy to launch company wide.

Pros:

7shifts has a great entry level price point for small organizations and companies. It is accessible, durable and transparent. It instills team confidence with employees when they can track their timesheets in real time and communicate quickly with management and colleagues through the application negating the need to maintain posted call sheets or add contacts to personal mobile devices.

Cons:

7shifts cannot lock or protect a current schedule once its posted. You must use great caution when editing schedules online or on a mobile device that you are actually editing the correct day and date. If your scheduling manager is distracted during the edit process for a future week it is possible to mistakenly edit (and publish) a current week. Additionally, it would be helpful for the software to utilize a biometric reader in 7punches thereby eliminated the 4 digit code requirement.

3 years ago

Thanks for the review David!

Ann
Manager in Canada
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Literally changed my life

Comments: 7 Shifts helped reduce the stress on mangers who do the scheduling. Literally I would not make it out of the parking lot and I would start getting messages from staff about trading shifts , wanting time off etc. They can do most of this on the app. I do not have to carry a paper schedule with me everywhere I go. I do not have 3 or 4 copies of the schedule and all saying different things as they have not all been updated. It is all on my phone . I do not know if i can change the schedule from my phone . If you can I do not know how. Sometimes there are changes when I am out of the office that we cannot do on the app. I do take notes on this and update the schedule when I get to my computer. Not a big deal

Pros:

How easy it is to use. It solved many of our scheduling issues. Staff resolve many of the trades etc among themselves. The schedule is always up to-date. The schedule is always available on my phone. I can approve changes etc when I am not on site and the schedule is updated and everyone knows what is going on.

Cons:

Sometimes the updates have caused some glitches. They are quickly resolved once 7 shifts is made aware. Because we are not a restaurant some of the features on it we do not need and show up all the time. It would be nice if there was a version without earnings profits etc. as we do not need all of that. We are a residential housing program for persons with disabilities and other then that it works really well for us. the staff really like the freedom they have as well with the app.

5 years ago

Thanks for the review Ann. We love hearing that 7shifts has changed your life for the better and alleviated many of the scheduling headaches that you used to experience. Cheers!

Ashley
Wellness Manager in US
Supermarkets, 11–50 Employees

7Shifts Needs Ways to Search for Message Posts that Have Happened in the Past

Comments: The scheduling feature, though I do not make the work schedule, seems to work well.

Pros:

The way the schedule is laid out on the dashboard is nice and easy to see and understand.

Cons:

I need a way to know employee phone numbers when they are not scheduled. On the iPad app, I currently hover over their name (when they are scheduled) and their phone number appears. My coworker is somehow able to see all employee phone numbers regardless of when the person is scheduled, but we could not get access to that on another device. This brings me to another issue: the ability to use all of the features pan-device. It seems like some employees can get some information on some devices, but we cannot find/use every feature on every device, app or website. In the communication/messaging area, we need to be able to bold, underline, and italicize, just like in an email. We need to be able to search for messages, just like in emails.This software is very slow on every device I have used, and in multiple internet connectivity areas. Sometimes a customer is asking for a particular employee. Rather than physically walking around and searching our 4500 sq ft store and office space that's in a separate area, it would be nice to be able to check 7Shifts to see if that person is even working—alas, I can usually walk the entire floor and check three separate office spaces BEFORE the 7shifts Dashboard loads.

Rowan
Manager in US

Game-changing modernization

Comments: Overall, we have had a very good experience since making the switch over to 7shifts and would certainly recommend it to other restaurants - especially those with a large staff.

Pros:

7shifts makes it easy to communicate with the entire staff, individually or as a group. It even allows us to easily send messages to specific roles or groups within roles, such as "bartenders scheduled today" or "servers not scheduled today." It also makes it easy for staff to communicate with management and each other, and has also made the process of shift swapping/coverage easier for staff and management. Managers love that we can see all bids for a shift, and that no swap or coverage goes unapproved (which often happened in the past when we were still using a paper system for switches). It's also great when we need to add staff for a particular shift, as we can simply post an open shift for anyone in a particular role.

Cons:

I wish you could access the original version of a posted schedule (before swaps/pick-ups, etc) and see quickly who picked up a shift vs. who was originally scheduled, rather than having to go back through the activity log. Additionally, apart from the dashboard view - which is fantastic and super convenient for planning each day - the layout of the iPad app isn't great, and when there are major changes/updates to the product, it can be tricky to get used to. When there are glitches (which is pretty rare), it can be disruptive to our process of planning each shift. These aren't things you have to deal with when using a paper system, however they are minor issues in comparison to the many benefits of switching to 7shifts.

Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

7shifts A Networking Dream

Comments: Overall, 7shifts is quite easy to work with, I've only experienced some minor inconveniences with it. Otherwise, it is significantly more streamlined compared to software that my close friends have shown me that their workplaces implement.

Pros:

As a worker, I've found 7shifts fairly easy to work with. It easily allows me to see my upcoming shifts and if necessary offer them up for others to take. I have not personally used other software, but my friends have told me that they are either unable to trade shifts easily or at all! The messaging features are also quite adequate as they are simple to understand and use. They make it a breeze to contact my coworkers or employer if necessary. Finally, I believe it is a fairly recent development, but 7shifts has a logbook feature that allows for commentary about that day of work. The logbook is exceptional at sharing information with my employer and coworkers, and helps us maintain inventory and smooth daily operations.

Cons:

Its recording of my expected pay is not always 100% accurate although that's probably due to taxes. However it might be nice to implement a feature that determines what you'll make after tax. Additonally, I've had some issues trying to input my availability, where the dates will switch before I post my availability. This isn't a deal breaker but just a bit annoying to switch them back.

4 years ago

Thanks for the review! We love getting the feedback of employees that use 7shifts and we are over the moon to see the value you are getting out of the platform. Nice work!

Katie
Operations Director in US

Just BE Kitchen review

Comments: Overall been a good experience

Pros:

It is easy to use and has made things easier with the Toast integration. We switched from Jolt to 7 shifts and have much more control over metrics and tying everything together with the Toast integration. Task lists are easy to create and use. Event calendar helps us communicate events to staff

Cons:

Labor tracking and scheduling hours are confusing and dificult to determine how those numbers are calculted. They dont align with Toast, so we can never figure out how 7 shifts system is coming up with the labor numbers from the schedule. It is difficult when salaried employees are included on the schedule and Toast caluclates differently

Chelsea

Much aloha for 7shifts!

Comments: I have been very satisfied with the customer service. In Hawaii sometimes its difficult to get answers because of our time difference. But even if I miss customer service, they always get back to me in a very timely manner and I am super grateful!

Pros:

I manage a restaurant that uses Toast as our POS system. The integration was easy and I love the real time information shared between both platforms. The scheduling portion of 7shifts is my favorite and the mobile access. Business needs change on a dime in food and beverage and I need all my staff members to be on the same page at all times. The messaging feature is also very crucial, we live on an island and recently Mauna Loa volcano erupted. Some of our team members live on the other side of the island. We wanted to get work out quickly and efficiently to share information and to go over safety protocols and possible plans. 7shifts allowed for us to reach all of our employees in a timely manner.

Cons:

One thing I would ask 7shifts to consider is allowing for a business to customize "flags" for the schedule. For example, if I call someone off of work I would rather leave their original schedule posted for the record and indicate that I called them off.

Tricia
Chief of Staff in US

Best Bang for Your Buckl

Comments: I don't know that we could function properly & in our budget without a scheduling program. We previously used Hot Schedules. It was complicated for everyone & had a lot of extra junk no one really used or needed. We moved to 7shifts & it was a breath of fresh air!!! So much easier to use, the reports it provides are fantastic & it has built in tools that guide the scheduler to meeting their labor costs. Labor is undeniably our largest expense. It is also our most important so having 7shifts help us manage that is priceless. By the way, it is NOT expensive!!

Pros:

I find it to be very user friendly for our GM's that build their schedules. I also appreciate the fact that it puts our staff in charge of their schedules. If they play by the rules of 7shifts, they can really make their schedules work for them.

Cons:

Customer service; chatting is not efficient & even if the tech is the one that isn't responding, you still get kicked out when the time is up.

GINGER
manager in US
Restaurants, 11–50 Employees

works well for what it does do.

Comments: It works well for what it does, but a few small things would make a big difference.

Pros:

It is pretty easy to use. I like that it has staff ph.#'s and you can call or text through app without having to create a contact in personal account. as long as a staff member is in our employ, we have the important info in an easy to find format. It is easy to request time off and switch shifts through the app as well.

Cons:

If someone wants to trade shifts, we have to scroll through all their shifts to see if they are going to go into overtime. It does give you a general hour count, but it is hardly ever accurate as sometimes staff get sent home early, and of course the app wouldn't know that. For me it would be great if you could tap someones name and it would show all their shifts in one place, and you wouldn't have to check every day to know whether or not to approve a change, like you wouldn't want to approve a 3rd double shift in a row, but without double checking every day, you don't know exactly what shifts a staff member has or will work.

4 years ago

Thanks for the great, detailed review Ginger! We really appreciate your feedback and I've passed this along to our development team.

Becca
Events coordinator in US

Events and 7shifts

Comments: It has been way better that hot schedules and I am happy thus far especially with the customer service !

Pros:

I like that I can use it on my phone or computer!

Cons:

Sometimes the publishing gets confusing and I can’t find workers when I need them

3 years ago

Thanks for the kind words Becca!