• Overall
    4.7 /5

About 7shifts

7shifts is designed to simplify labor management, one shift at a time. Start your free 14-day trial today!

Learn more about 7shifts

Joshua C.
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2020

"Great system and developing nicely"

Comments: Customer service as always been a pleasure. Not a big fan of continual prompts every time I log in for feedback or sales pitches but overall a real solid system.

Pros: During the time that we have used this software, there have been wonderful developments and rollouts that nicely enhance our operation. Keep up the good work!

Cons: It was very basic to begin with. Coming along nicely and will likely be the best product if they keep it up.

by 7shifts on 18/11/2020

Thanks for the review Joshua. You can rest assured that we will always be working to improve 7shifts and ensure that it's the best solution for restaurateurs like you.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2020
Brandon K.
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2020

"Whole team loves it! Super easy to use"

Comments: I'm a super fan! They even sent us a sweet box of swag!
Even before that we fell in love with the software.
The number one thing though is how easy it is to use.

Pros: Incredibly simple to set up and begin using.
Team loves the autonomous features that give them control off requesting shifts and time off.
Management loves how easy it to publish weekly schedules.
My favorite features are the reporting and labor budgeting tools.

Cons: I wished I would have deployed it sooner

by 7shifts on 08/01/2021

Thanks so much for the review, Brandon! A lot of time and attention goes into designing 7shifts to give our restaurant clients a great experienceso we're glad you're experiencing that at Acorn Grill! Happy scheduling :)

• Reviewed on 03/12/2020
Leslie B.
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2019

"Best Decision"

Comments: I wish all companies had a team like 7 Shifts! Such a joy to work with. They love their job and are not just a sales department. Their support and development teams are just as good as their front line sales because they can really believe in their product and deliver what they are promising. First class!

Pros: We can maximize profit by scheduling exactly where needed with forecasting
We can create a schedule in minutes verses an hour
We can eliminate scheduling employees on requested days off or outside of their availability
Employees can update availability, time off without bothering management
Employees find a replacement for their shift after schedule is posted instead of bothering management
Managers can monitor labor in real time on phone app dashboard report
We use the 'engage' report as a positive way to eliminate attendance issues (late, no show, sick, change schedule, etc)
Employees can access by phone or computer
Employees can provide immediate shift feedback at end of shift
Managers can distribute hours and tasks evenly and monitor
Managers love the communication notification. One memo can be distributed to all or certain department to inform of last minute specials or even announce an employees birthday

Cons: To be honest, my list has dwindled of items I like least because everytime I bring a negative aspect to customer support, the development team calls and gathers information, then they begin programming and redesigning to improve their product for everyone. My only issue is waiting for them to make the awesome labor dashboard available for lower levels so managers can use it to train team leads without programming them to be in the 'management' category just to get the actual real time labor on their phone.

by 7shifts on 02/12/2019

Amazing! Thanks for the review Leslie. We are grateful for your feedback and it has made our team's day to hear from every department at 7shifts is pulling together to provide more value to you and your business. It's feedback like this that reminds us why labor management is vitally important to operators like yourself and we look forward to providing you and your team even more value in the future.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2019
Tory M.
Assistant General Manager
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2017

"Lots of Bang for the Buck!"

Comments: 7Shifts has been a tremendous timesaver! We used to spend so much time transferring requests to our paper scheduling forms. Now we can just work directly in the app. Saves paper too! Our staff is incredibly happy we've made this technological leap. Takes some stress out of their already busy lives by being able to switch shifts online. It has also alleviated the issue of "misreading" their schedule. As managers, we love that we no longer have to hear that excuse. Ha ha! Managing overtime is incredibly easier on 7Shifts. Prior to the app, we relied on floor managers to make judgement calls regarding shift exchanges when senior managers weren't available. Labor considerations didn't get factored into decisions and we would run higher labor numbers. Now that fewer managers are part of the shift exchange decisions, we know that the appropriate factors are being implemented into the decision making. The floor managers appreciate not having the pressure of making a decision that could negatively impact a shift. Posting and editing schedules in real time also alleviates issues. We would have people switch shifts and then forget. Now it goes immediately into their schedule once approved. Confusion alleviated!!! We don't use the auto-fill option but find that manually scheduling is so much more efficient in the app than it was on paper. I also love that you accept requests for features/functions and compile them for consideration. The service has always been wonderfully friendly and fast. The tutorials are really helpful and well done. I can't say enough good things. Thank you for creating such a user friendly app. Makes our busy restaurant lives so much easier!

Pros: Easy to use
Great tutorials
Fast and friendly support staff
Efficiency for reviewing labor
Incredibly communication tool between staff and management
Consider suggestions for functions and features and notify you if they become implemented
Fair price for the power of the product

by 7shifts on 21/04/2017

Thanks for the great, in-depth review Tory. We're happy to hear that 7shifts is helping alleviate the classic "misreading the schedule" problem for Beaver Street Brewery. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 21/04/2017
Ann P.
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/11/2019

"Literally changed my life"

Comments: 7 Shifts helped reduce the stress on mangers who do the scheduling. Literally I would not make it out of the parking lot and I would start getting messages from staff about trading shifts , wanting time off etc. They can do most of this on the app. I do not have to carry a paper schedule with me everywhere I go. I do not have 3 or 4 copies of the schedule and all saying different things as they have not all been updated. It is all on my phone . I do not know if i can change the schedule from my phone . If you can I do not know how. Sometimes there are changes when I am out of the office that we cannot do on the app. I do take notes on this and update the schedule when I get to my computer. Not a big deal

Pros: How easy it is to use. It solved many of our scheduling issues.
Staff resolve many of the trades etc among themselves. The schedule is always up to-date. The schedule is always available on my phone. I can approve changes etc when I am not on site and the schedule is updated and everyone knows what is going on.

Cons: Sometimes the updates have caused some glitches. They are quickly resolved once 7 shifts is made aware. Because we are not a restaurant some of the features on it we do not need and show up all the time. It would be nice if there was a version without earnings profits etc. as we do not need all of that. We are a residential housing program for persons with disabilities and other then that it works really well for us.
the staff really like the freedom they have as well with the app.

by 7shifts on 05/11/2019

Thanks for the review Ann. We love hearing that 7shifts has changed your life for the better and alleviated many of the scheduling headaches that you used to experience. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 04/11/2019
Server
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2020

"7shifts A Networking Dream"

Comments: Overall, 7shifts is quite easy to work with, I've only experienced some minor inconveniences with it. Otherwise, it is significantly more streamlined compared to software that my close friends have shown me that their workplaces implement.

Pros: As a worker, I've found 7shifts fairly easy to work with. It easily allows me to see my upcoming shifts and if necessary offer them up for others to take. I have not personally used other software, but my friends have told me that they are either unable to trade shifts easily or at all! The messaging features are also quite adequate as they are simple to understand and use. They make it a breeze to contact my coworkers or employer if necessary. Finally, I believe it is a fairly recent development, but 7shifts has a logbook feature that allows for commentary about that day of work. The logbook is exceptional at sharing information with my employer and coworkers, and helps us maintain inventory and smooth daily operations.

Cons: Its recording of my expected pay is not always 100% accurate although that's probably due to taxes. However it might be nice to implement a feature that determines what you'll make after tax. Additonally, I've had some issues trying to input my availability, where the dates will switch before I post my availability. This isn't a deal breaker but just a bit annoying to switch them back.

by 7shifts on 06/11/2020

Thanks for the review! We love getting the feedback of employees that use 7shifts and we are over the moon to see the value you are getting out of the platform. Nice work!

Ann S.
Director of Communications and Development
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2019

"7shifts was a game changer for us!"

Comments: We now have 4 restaurants/bars that utilize 7shifts and it's hard to imagine how we ever survived without it! It's streamlined our scheduling procedures and simplified the process of employees requesting off, submitting availability and swapping shifts. 7shifts customer service team is also extremely responsive and receptive any time we encounter an issue or even just want to provide our feedback on a certain feature that we think could be improved. We also now use the reporting tool for putting together high level labor tracking reports at the end of each month. Thanks, 7shifts, you're the best!

Pros: I love that everything is in one place so you don't have to worry about forgetting that someone sent an email or text message requesting off for a 2 week vacation 6 months ago (which is the system we previously had in place!)

Cons: I didn't like that you had to wait to enter employee raises until they were set to go into effect - although 7shifts has recently improved this feature so that you can set a specific date for an employee's new wage to begin!

by 7shifts on 29/07/2019

Thanks so much for the review Ann! It means a lot to our team that 7shifts has been able to help your growing business optimize (and report on!) your processes and continue to be successful. Cheers to you!

• Reviewed on 24/07/2019
Arpita O.
Admin
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2018

"Excellent scheduling software!"

Comments: I used to make schedules through Excel, and would have employees email time off requests and availability changes. This software makes everything so much easier. It is so easy to use - copy schedules from week to week, move around shifts, copy shifts, etc. This app made me like making the schedule! It's also employee-friendly - they can give up and pick up shifts, and manager can approve them. They can communicate with each other through chat. Phone numbers and emails are available, so employees can easily contact each other.

Pros: No glitches ever (previous app we used glitched and made errors to employees' schedules)
Budgeting tool
Ability to put in events
Color coding departments and jobs
Ability to print PDF schedule
Communication (chat and message options)
Employees can trade shifts
Availability and time off request features are perfect
Multiple locations allows you to use employees at different sites, but you can see in lighter color where they are already scheduled to work
Great value for the price
They keep making it better and will let you know when an update has been made

Cons: There's a minimal international fee charged monthly for 7Shifts. But that's all!

by 7shifts on 01/10/2018

Wow, wow, wow. Thanks for the kind words Arpita. We love hearing that you and your team are using every feature available in 7shifts to help Reggae Shack Cafe make scheduling less of a chore. Rock on!

• Reviewed on 18/08/2018
Hannah H.
Assistant Manager
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2020

"User Friendly!!!"

Comments: It has been at least one thing that’s made my life a little easier over the past couple of years.

Pros: I have enough experience to compare this system to others and I love this one. It’s always easy to read and understand. The colors and how it’s laid out always helps me remember my schedules. It also helps remind me what position I’ll be filling in or what time I may be able to leave work or just what the week is going to look like business-wise.

Cons: At times, I don’t get all the notifications that coworkers post in different groups. They’re not typically super important posts but I like to be up-to-date.

by 7shifts on 16/11/2020

Thanks for the review Hannah! We love hearing that 7shifts has made your life easier and integrates with your Toast POS.

• Reviewed on 06/11/2020
Steve S.
  • Reviewed on 03/11/2020

"Makes running a small business easier for everyone!"

Comments: Overall, I'd say an A- for 7Shifts. Local business, makes life a less stressful(especially right now), and the positive features outweigh the negative!

Pros: The scheduling, time clocking and reporting. Obviously your here for the scheduling..... and having 7Shifts makes is 1000x more efficient than Excel sheets!
Leaving the responsibility on the employee to handle their own time clocking is fantastic. One less thing for me to do! Then, having all of their "punches" totalled and sorted for me saves me at least 1-2 hours a pay period vs. the old way(Excel sheets).
Oh, and did I mention that they are local to my city! Support Local!

Cons: 7Tasks Add-on. They have yet to add the function to be able to sort the task lists as I want them, and not by what date/time they were created. I NEED them to be in a specific order that works for my restaurant, and the struggle I have had to make sure that they are somewhat organised to that effect...... well it's eaten up all that time I saved making schedules!

by 7shifts on 05/11/2020

Hey Steve! Greetings from Broadway. We love hearing from local folks like yourself and are thrilled to see how much 7shifts is working for your business. We're here to your local businesses like yours any time you need it and we really appreciate your feedback on 7tasks. I have passed that along to our product team to act on. All the best!

• Reviewed on 03/11/2020
Heather M.
Co-Owner
  • Reviewed on 28/03/2019

"7shifts, not just for scheduling"

Comments: I have found that using 7shifts significantly decreases the number of errors surrounding scheduling and requested time off which is priceless in a labor market like this. furthermore, the time and energy spent on writing the schedule is much lower than when we used a homemade spreadsheet.

Pros: 7shifts makes scheduling easy with a copy to next week feature that allows scheduler to mimic previous weeks schedules. the repeating schedule feature makes scheduling kinder - allowing staff to set a weekly schedule of availability. the chat and announcements feature lets communication flow without messier emails and texts. the app-based time off submissions really simplify and streamline a formerly archaic system that was easy to screw up with paper notes, emails, calendars, notebooks. the shift pool empowers staff to make last minute changes to their schedules or pick up extra work.

Cons: there's a lot of neat features that you have to pay extra for like an events calendar and labor to sales based scheduling.

by 7shifts on 01/04/2019

Amazing! Thanks so much for the review Heather. We are happy to hear that 7shifts is proving beneficial to your team at State Park, especially in a tight labor market. Please do not hesitate to reach out if there is ever anything we can do to help support you or your team.

• Reviewed on 28/03/2019
Tina T.
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2019

"7Shifts reduces scheduling time and burden"

Comments: It's typically a very challenging and time consuming task but 7Shifts reduces the time, stress and burden of scheduling.

Pros: I love that my employees are able to communicate with each other and work to fill their shifts if they're ill or issues arise. This frees up my limited time. The templates and metrics that the employees and myself are able to fill in re: how much they'd like to work and when are intuitive and allow me to reduce the time cross referencing. The software is incredibly intuitive and easy to use or find the things you're looking for. Finally, the service and support I've received from the team has been outstanding. They believe in their product and want it to work for your needs.

Cons: My business does a lot of outside events. While there is a section for events, I'd like for it to highlight the entire staff field for the day so I can more easily cross reference that there are major staffing changes that will need to occur.

by 7shifts on 20/11/2019

Wow, thanks so much for the review Tina! We really appreciate your feedback and your thoughts on how 7shifts has helped your team at Hearth. We know that creating and maintaining a schedule can be a burden, so we're thrilled to have the opportunity to help alleviate that for you. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 19/11/2019
Michael B.
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2019

"Beamer’s Coffee Bar"

Comments: Watching our sales correspond with the labour reports from 7Shifts has been a game changer. The mobile app makes it so easy to see as an owner where you need your staffing levels to be each day, but it also records history so you can go back and see what your sales and labour with even a weather report from a year ago that day. Also the 7Punch system has made it real easy for our staff to clock in and out. Keeps it simple and easy to use.

Pros: The integration of 7Shifts labour reports to our POS TouchBistro sales reports has been the perfect marriage. The interface of 7Shifts software has been easy to understand and use with admin, managers and staff levels.

Cons: Not much to say here because when moving over from another employee staffing company you quickly see the difference and benefits that 7Shifts has to offer you.

by 7shifts on 18/01/2019

Thanks for the outstanding review Michael! Our team has loved working with you and your team and we're SO excited to hear about the value that 7shifts and TouchBistro together are bringing to your business. We look forward to working with you and helping your business grow for years to come. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 17/01/2019
Business Manager
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2018

"If they don't have what you're looking for, they will help you find it."

Comments: Before, we were using one service for our schedule-making, one for clocking employees in and out, one for payroll, etc., etc., etc. It's great to be able to simplify!

Pros: The number of features under the 7shifts umbrella is quite impressive when compared to their competitors. As a busy manager, it's very helpful to have one resource to do my scheduling, clock-ins and -outs, employee messaging, etc. Furthermore, if they don't have a feature I am looking for, their customer service chat is very helpful. I can be talking to a 7shifts representative in seconds about my ideas for easier use. I have even noticed that they have added a couple of these features.

Cons: We are a unique business, in that we are open 24/7. This service certainly functions well for us, with a few work arounds. However, it would be nice if they expanded their features to cater to different types of restaurants.

by 7shifts on 01/10/2018

Thanks for the review! We pride ourselves on delivering top-notch service, so we are excited to hear that your team has found it fast and effective. We're always looking to improve our app, so any time you have an idea for an improvement just reach out to us ¿ we want to hear it :)

• Reviewed on 27/09/2018
Amber C.
Restaurants, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2020

"General use of 7shifts - Pros and Cons"

Comments: It's been great. No real issues.

Pros: It's very easy to navigate. Simple, straight forward.

Cons: The only thing I would to see is ease in copying and pasting events on multiple days, opposed to having to write a repeated event, each day of the week.

by 7shifts on 13/11/2020

Thanks for the review Amber! We love working with the entire team at Donnelly Group across all of your various locations. Keep an eye out for awesome improvements to our events coming very soon. I'm also happy to report you CAN create events for multiple days. Check out this article to see how: https://support.7shifts.com/article/48-creating-events

Pamela H.
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2019

"We love using 7shifts"

Comments: We love using 7shifts and will continue to use it. It's very user friendly which helps with training new managers to use it and new staff can use it without any training at all.

Pros: All of our staff schedules are in one place (we have 2 locations plus offsite locations).
Ease of use - staff can access it on an app, staff can enter their availability easily, access their schedules easily. Our managers can create schedules really easily and quickly.
We can send messages to staff quickly that can send as a text or email.

Cons: I don't use it on a daily basis, so I can't comment on that. I would like to see integration with other software - payroll or event software if possible in the future

by 7shifts on 11/11/2019

Thanks for the review Pamela! Just wanted to let you know that we now DO offer a variety of payroll integrations for your team. You can check them out here: https://www.7shifts.com/integrated-partners

I've also passed along your information to our client success team so they can reach out to you and help get this setup. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 08/11/2019
Keith G.
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2019

"Great overall product for performance"

Comments: We have had a great experience overall. It has saved us so much time with their algorithm for scheduling, their ability to forecast given last years data (from the POS integration), and built in communication for messaging both general and specific (private messenger). We are still discovering tools and features that we utilize as we grow into new areas of our business, or try and mitigate regular issues more efficiently.

Pros: The integration with our P.O.S. system, Touch Bistro. Multiple user accessibility and role designation to limit or facilitate user responsibilities.

Cons: There are some basic features that are overlooked or harder to access. Customer support is very mindful of suggestions and typically works to add features for functionality as multiple organizations voice feedback. Customer service is kind and helpful. I imagine they do more with less so patience is required during supportive interactions.

by 7shifts on 26/11/2019

Thanks so much for the review Keith! We appreciate your feedback and are excited to hear that our integration with your TouchBistro POS has been beneficial to 7 Hills Brewing. Also, thanks for the feedback regarding our support team. We will be growing this team substantially over the coming months and will be looking forward to exceeding your expectations!

• Reviewed on 24/11/2019
Daniel S.
Restaurant manager
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2020

"Good work scheduling app"

Pros: The ability to view my timesheets and hours and expected pre-tax pay for the current period, as well as previous ones

Cons: Inability to customize notifications individually as well as not being compatible to track labor and sales with our current pos system at work

by 7shifts on 16/11/2020

Thanks for the review Daniel!

David C.
Restaurant Manager
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2020

"Fantastic Labor Management App"

Comments: Overall 7Shifts has been great. Its a great staff scheduling app, makes scheduling and communicating with our staff a breeze. And they are always improving and adding features. Great choice and a great tool for us.

Pros: Ease of use. Easy to understand. Great reporting and analytics.

Cons: Sometimes support has been a little slow, but they always respond.

by 7shifts on 16/11/2020

Thanks for the review David!

Adam W.
Director of Golf Operations
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11-50 Employees

"We love 7shifts"

Comments: Service is excellent. Very easy to use.

Pros: The thing I like the most is the convenience to communicate with our staff. As we have a young staff we know that the younger demographic like to communicate through text rather than e-mail. We like the ease of getting the information in real time to our staff when changes need to be made. We also like the availability aspect where our staff can submit their availability and the manager has to approve it when they submit. Also the switching of shifts and putting shifts up for availability is a nice feature

Cons: Not too much that we dislike about it.

by 7shifts on 16/11/2020

Thanks for the review Adam! 7shifts works great for golf courses and we're thrilled to hear it's working so well for your team.

Dania R.
Supervisor
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2020

"Great software for the food industry"

Pros: Easy to use for administrators and general staff. Communication features, as well as scheduling and hours, worked. Much better and friendlier than any other software I've used in the food industry.

Cons: It's has a lag when synchronizing the mobile app.

by 7shifts on 13/11/2020

Thanks for the review Dania! We love supporting fellow Canadian restaurateurs like yourself, especially when we hear that making a switch to 7shifts was beneficial to your business. We love forward to supporting your team for years to come.

Mallory F.
GM
Music, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2020

"We love 7shifts!"

Comments: Great! Awesome customer service and ease of use.

Pros: I love using 7 shifts to organize our shows, and multiple areas of staffing. I also enjoy the messaging feature!

Cons: There is nothing I do not like about the features I use!

by 7shifts on 24/11/2020

Thanks for the review Mallory! We agree, making employees pay for an app isn't a cost-effective move, and we're happy to provide our apps for free to ALL users.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2020
Restaurants, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"Time Saving and Efficient"

Comments: With using 7 shifts I am able to save so much time and have more efficient schedules. Not only are we able to make better schedules that fit our business and employee needs, we also have improved communication tremendously. Our company has 4 different locations, so being able to share employees and see when they are scheduled at other location really helps the communication process. That is something that we have always struggled with. Now we can send out daily announcements to let our employees know of any events or specials going on. We also have put the responsibility of covering shifts on the employees to get them covered and pick up shifts when needed without involving management. Also they do not have the excuse to say they do not know their schedule when the app makes everything easily available.

Pros: I love that you can make a schedule template for each role, it is a huge time saver to plug in all of the shifts.

Cons: For the mast part 7 shifts covers all of the basic needs. I just wish their were more features.

by 7shifts on 05/10/2018

Thanks for the review! :)

• Reviewed on 28/09/2018
Jayelynn W.
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2018

"Easy to Use & Functional"

Comments: Overall, it's simple and easy to use and has great functions.

Pros: Simple and easy to use. You can message staff directly or by job description- so if there is something I specifically need the kitchen to know I can select that particular group. The app is helpful and I can respond to emails with "approved" or "denied" for even quicker responses to shift changes. I also like that there is an events calendar that the staff can see.

Cons: If you're doing the schedule on the app rather than the website, it doesn't show you who has requested time off or who is unavailable to work that day. I also cannot edit the preset shift times on the app.

by 7shifts on 14/12/2018

Thanks for the review Jayelynn! Happy to hear that our communications tool help keep your team in sync and that we've made it easier for you to manage requests. We've got some big things planned for our mobile app this coming year, so hopefully we will be able to address your concerns :)

• Reviewed on 12/12/2018
Ken H.
general manager
Food & Beverages, 201-500 Employees

"Great Program"

Pros: Ease of Use, user friendly, free app for employees.

Cons: I have not found any cons. It is so easy to use!!

by 7shifts on 13/11/2020

Thanks for the review Ken! We love hearing that making the switch to 7shifts has benefitted your business and your employees so much. We're hear for you any time and look forward to continuing to provide a service that you are happy with.