Fire your receptionist

Angela F.
Psychotherapist
Mental Health Care, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Genbook allows clients to book appointments online through my website with the press of a button. When I’m in session I can’t answer my phone or respond to emails, but clients can schedule with me even when I am unavailable to book appointments for them. They can even book when I am asleep or away from work! I don’t have a secretary or an admin for my office and don’t need to hire one.

Pros: Easy to use interface and there’s an app so I can manage appointment a from my phone. I can also charge credit cards from my phone using Stripe that come integrated with the software. Customer service has always been been helpful.

Cons: Over the last few years the software price jumped from $20/month to $40/month. That was a steep increase. I’m willing to pay it because it’s probably the best appointment scheduling software out there. There are certainly clunkier products that aren’t as steamlined. While I like that my clients can see what appointments I have available, it also creeps me out that anyone can go online and look at my schedule. I work in mental health and this can get weird. That’s the downside to providing an online scheduling system – no privacy.

Genbook makes it so easy to for clients to schedule with me!

Theresa Z.
Rolfer
Alternative Medicine, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Genbook allows me to run my own business much more smoothly than I'd be able to without it. Because of Genbook, at least 80% of my clients handle their own scheduling, at their own convenience. This frees up so much of my time. Instead of playing phone or email tag, trying to figure out a good time that works for each and every session for each and every client, I can just live my life while my schedule fills up on its own.

Pros: I love the ease of setup and the flexibility I have with my schedule. It's easy to change my hours and availability. It's easy to mark when I'll be out of town. When I brought another person into my business, it was straightforward and intuitive how to do her scheduling as well. In the nine years I've been using Genbook, they've just continued to add more features and to make the software more intuitive and easy to use. Also, my clients love it. I consistently have clients telling me how easy it is to schedule through Genbook as compared to a lot of other options. Lastly, I'm so glad I have the option to request a credit card when scheduling. My no shows are almost down to zero. My frustration and wasted time are drastically reduced! Oh! And the reviews! I LOVE that Genbook automatically requests reviews from my clients after their sessions. It's been so, so helpful from a marketing perspective.

Cons: Every once in a while, it's glitchy and I can't log in, or a client has a conflicting time show up on their calendar. But it's rare, and lately the communication from Genbook regarding any issues has been stellar.
Oh, and I wish there was a way to connect the Genbook reviews to Yelp! or Google Reviews, or any other, more public review site. I love that the reviews are collected, I just wish more people, especially potential clients who have never scheduled with me before, could see them.

Essential Business Tool

David L.
LMT
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Genbook solves many issues for a small business like mine, for example, online booking, managing appointments online without the need to call me. Online presence with reviews. It allows me to work simultaneously as clients manage their appointments online. This is a game changer for me! People book their appointments online from anywhere and at any time. I do not have the hassle to phone chase my busy clients.

Pros: Genbook allows me to run my entire company online that gives my clients an easy & efficient way to manage their appointments 24/7. It sends our a confirmation & reminders which significantly reduces missed appointments. Clients receive a followup email which they may leave a public review for others to see, creating an online presence which is key these days as more and more people utilize online tools to conduct their business. As an admin, I have full control of many settings to customize the kind of business that works best for my practice.

Cons: There are so many product offerings within Genbook, that for my business type, I will not use. Adding more options could mean higher costs which concerns me. So far, the pricing of Genbook remains unchanged.

Simple, easy and the best business decision I've made.

Brooke G.
Owner/Stylist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My business has grown since using this software and my life is less stressed because of it.

Pros: This software makes my business life so much easier. I spend very little time returning phone calls, my customers get reminders so I get less no-show appointments and the reviews constantly help attract new clients. I don't bother with advertising any longer as I am fully booked weeks in advance.

Cons: There are a few gaps in the software such as, I get notifications when a client books an appointment, but nothing when they cancel appointments. Seems like a simple tweak to the program, but yet it still doesn't happen. Also I would like to be able to put people on the WAIT-LIST myself. This doesn't appear to be an option. Also the wait-list window needs to be broader to cover a longer period of time rather than just a day. There have been some great improvements over the years, but some still need some help. Also I would love to see more of a web page introductory home page with a place for photos and general info about me and my business.

Excellent scheduling software for growing multi-practice wellness center

Reviewed on 15/08/2018
Elizabeth S.
Founder/Owner/Massage Therapist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Ease of use and fairly intuitive, even for non-tech savvy massage therapists. Phone app is excellent for booking and schedule changes. Individual practitioner's can manage their own schedules. Clients frequently comment on how easy it is for them to book on line. You can specify whether a client has to pay before booking (great for no-shows who owe ) or you can block certain clients (great for creepers). Customer service is very responsive. The analytics feature is extremely useful for generating real-time business data. The client database is easy to import/export; great for marketing. You can customize any and all services, including buffers, color coding, etc. Great for a business that is expanding - we've gone from 3 practitioners to 12 in less than two years, and it has met our needs quite well. Pricing is very competitive.

Cons: Some glitches: when a client cancels a session, it's "ghost" still shows up in individual therapist's Google calendar. Can't manage room use booking, only therapist booking. When you delete a therapist (i.e. they no longer work at the center) their calendar and bookings are not preserved so you have to leave therapist on list for at least 3 months after they leave to manage that information. The "lightning bolt" instant-booking discount feature is great to generate bookings but I wish it could be limited to certain therapists instead of applied to the whole practice.

My life changed after adding Genbook to my business

Kelli A.
Chiropractore
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Genbook has not only increased my patient volume, but it has given me so much freedom. I used to just sit in my studio during office hours...just in case I had a walk in. Now, I can block out a section of time and go run an errand. If I don't have a patient scheduled first thing in the morning, I can take my time. I recently decided to take ukulele lessons, but it conflicted with my schedule. No problem, I just blocked out some time and I got to take those lessons.

Pros: Genbook is like have a full time employee that works 24/7 and never makes a mistake. It allows my patients to make (and change) appointments any time of the night and day. No phone messages, no waiting, no wondering if they can get in to see me. No feelings of guilt for changing their appointment 3 times. My patient appointments went up immediately when I started using Genbook. My patients tell me that they love this system.

Cons: Patients complain that they cannot see their account. They would like to be able to log in, see past appointments, see future appointments and be able to change appointments (as opposed to canceling an appointment, then setting up a new one). They often miss that last button to confirm their appointment. My old message about setting up their account seems to be defunct. I need to call customer support and update that.

Customer Service Is Everything

Mark D.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I’ve gotten very angry at times, really putting the service representative though a tongue lashing. Not because I’m mean or wanting to be a jerk, but because my business is counting on them. The great thing is Genbook understands this. They are never snarky or passive-aggressive -they just work honestly and diligently to get the issue resolved.
For this reason I will continue to be a loyal subscriber of Genbook.

Pros: Genbook’s customer service is triple A+, which is everything to me. Every booking service will have glitch problems from time to time, the question is how responsive are they to it when it invariably happens. I love Genbook because their representatives truly do care about us, their clients. New features are good and all, of course, but I want stability of the platform and for the most part Genbook delivers and is highly reliable.

Cons: The same thing I like least about any online software; when it glitches out then I’m screwed. Fortunately these are rare occasions with Genbook.

Love Genbook

Teri K.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I love that my clients can access my schedule 24/7/365. Online booking really frees up my time and is convenient and easy for my clients to use (especially compared to other online booking systems). I love that my clients are prompted to leave reviews - this feature has helped to bring in new clients to my business. Overall very happy with Genbook and will continue using it for years to come.

Pros: Very easy to set up and use. Convenient for customers to use and manage appointments. Great features. Affordable. Fantastic customer service. I've been using Genbook since it first launched and they keep adding valued features. Very reliable! I highly recommend Genbook!

Cons: No cons really at all. There have been a couple of times the system has gone down, but the company is on it immediately and communicates well with their customers. This can happen to any cloud based service, but over the past 10 years I've used Genbook, I can only remember it happening a couple of times.

Happy user for almost nine years

Kelly A.
Licensed Massage Therapist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Genbook has been easy for myself and my clients to use from day one. I’m constantly getting feedback from clients about how easy it was and how they liked being able to book whenever they wanted. Any little problems I’ve had over the years have always been taken care of very quickly through the support staff, so I never have to worry that something will go wrong and not get fixed. And I get all that ease of use and fast helpful support at a very affordable price.

Pros: What I like most is a hard one to narrow down. There is so much I like, mostly revolving around ease of use for both myself and my clients. But overall I’d have to say what I like most is that Genbook is always working to make their software better, in ways both big and small.

Cons: The only complaint I had for many years was the lack of a waitlist feature, but Genbook now has that, so honestly there isn’t anything else I dislike.

Easy to use!

Ellen O.
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've been using genbook for about 10 years or more. Support is on top of their game. I feel like my voice is heard when I make suggestions. Overall, it's the best on the market in my experience!

Pros: I have tried other software that made it way too complicated for the client and the business. AND my clients prefer using genbook. Clients get notified before appointments and I love the new waitlist option. Keep doing what you are doing. I will never leave Genbook.

Cons: the things that i used to like least like not having multiple bookings has been added. so it really functions the way i like.

Many Lives Chinese Medicine Loves Genbook!

Beth S.
Business Owner
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have been with Genbook since the very beginning and have been so impressed with the growth and the customer service. I recommend Genbook to all my fellow Acupuncturists.

Pros: Our patients consistantly praise Genbook for the interface and the ease of use. We, in the office love Genbook for every reason there is. It is easy to train new employees on and it is very easy to use.

Cons: We do not like when the software goes down. We pay for the dependability that it will always work, and while that might be asking too much, we need t to work to run our business. There have been perioeds where it has gone down for whole days and that just really screws us up. So the back end needs way more redundency.

Easy & Reliable

Sienna I.
Owner/Esthetician
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Excellent!

Pros: This software makes it easier for me to run my business smoothly! Clients can book an appointment at any time, 24/7! It has helped reduce "no shows" from new clients by requiring a credit card to book an appointment!

Cons: 1. I would LOVE it if there was an "add-on" option /drop down menu when we are booking clients in our studio.
2. I would love it if we could send out emails through genbook!

Online at any hour

Reviewed on 17/07/2019
Sadie K.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Very useful tool. A value for the cost.

Pros: Scheduling in real time. Cuts down on phone calls. Nice email/text reminders for appointments.

Cons: Some technical issues at times. People getting appt reminders for appointments they did not make. Other technical problems with slow service. Blocked or off line times showing as online (has happened only occasionally).

by Genbook on 19/07/2019

Hi Sadie,

From all of us at Genbook - we just want to thank you so much for taking the time to review us.

We constantly try to minimise any of the unnecessary distractions that limit our customers from achieving their greatest results.

Thank you for choosing Genbook, we really appreciate it!

Warmly,
The Genbook Team

Reliable, transparent and easy to use

Charles G.
Managing Partner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We are a small coaching practice with no support staff. The ability to automate our bookings and to accommodate changes clients need to make without taking up our time is huge.

Pros: Genbook is about the most intuitive of the online booking programs available. I also appreciate the ability to automate reminders and reviews of our services.

Cons: Occasionally, clients tell us they have difficulty entering an appointment onto the calendar. Usually, they do not reliably get the confirmation email, even though the appointment was made.

Genbook is my own personal assistant

Reviewed on 05/12/2019
Cass M.
Acupuncturist
Alternative Medicine, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Genbook saves me from having to hire a front desk person!

Pros: This software is affordable, easy to use and continually evolving into an "all-you-need" program. It saves me hours per week in scheduling. The new waitlist option has the potential to take me out of the equation almost entirely, which gives me more time in the treatment room with each patient. One of my very favorite things, though, is the Testimonials. I have them tied to my website and I'm sure it's the reason I was boosted to the top of the browser search list! Plus, it's wonderful feedback I wouldn't get otherwise. Also, Love Love Love the automatic email and text reminders. They save me so much time and limit my no-shows.

Cons: I wish I could see all of the patients' appointments from the calendar page instead of having to click two or three times to get to their customer profile and recent appointments. I've also noticed that some patients struggle a bit canceling their appointments. As far as I know, the only way to cancel as a patient is through the confirmation email they receive, but some of my older patients don't have email.

Keeping Organized and Communication at its best!

Nancy C.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: love that it integrates with our website where customers have control of booking thier own; also for my seamstresses to be able to see their upcoming appointments from their phones or desktops off location. LOVE that the customer gets email/text reminders and the ability to change/cancel -- it's just been a blessing to have clear communication across my company

Pros: scheduling appointments/email/text reminders to the customers

Cons: would like to be able to charge for appointments on the weekend and not weekday

User since beta testing!

Trishia W.
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Being with GENBOOK from the very beginning before online booking software was a big thing and decently affordable, I have seen so many benefits. The amount of no shows has significantly decreased, double bookings are rare and the time to confirm appointments has been given back to me! I am unable to work and answer the phone so having a place for customers to make their own appointments on their own time is a lifesaver.

Pros: I love how easy it is to use GENBOOK — for both my customers and my staff. The app makes it easy to keep up with the calendar on the go.

Cons: There are glitches and some features I wish it had that would help things run smoother but overall it’s been a game changer for me. I haven’t had a great experience with the processor that takes deposits — why do they not refund automatically when a client cancels?!? Having to do this manually is so frustrating and time consuming!

good but could improve

Hal B.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: genbook has been fantastic.the only major issue is when the service goes down i have no way to see my appointments, so IF you know it is going down for updates or whatever. auto email me the weeks calendar we are in so i dont loose business

Pros: it has most all of the fields i need for my type of business

Cons: the inability to have more then one contact phone number MANY of my customers want to give more then one number and it is relegated to the notes section and cant be clicked on mobile. ALSO an additional field for whatever we want to enter would be great !!! if you make it generic text or numbers or whatever we want. then it could be great for all types of users ALSO it would be nice to set up an auto reminder by text to what ever number WE choose. for example if i am handling the appointments today i want the text for example 30 minutes prior to the appointment. let me pick who gets it and how far in advance i get it. and if i want it at all

Love this system

Angelique P.
Hairstylist
Consumer Services, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I’ve been very happy. I’ve only had one issue with scheduling with the company and I’ve been using them for years. I would totally recommend this system.

Pros: I love that there are reminders but I wish it was easier for me to mass communicate or customize individually on reminders.

Cons: Flexibility on choosing services. Also flexibility in reminders. But it could be user error too.

Great Scheduling Software

Janette V.
Transformational Coach
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I love waking up and seeing new appointments that were scheduled while I was asleep.

Pros: I love that it’s very user friendly, and my 140+ five star reviews show up when people google my business. I like that when I’m at an event I can schedule appoints easily from my phone.

Cons: I honestly can’t think of anything. I’ve used it for eight years and love it!

Genbook Really Helps

Reviewed on 10/08/2018
Steve M.
Co-Owner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Genbook continues to be a great tool for our business and we are happy to have used them for about 10 years.

Pros: The ability to easily and conveniently allow clients to schedule appointments without the need for them to call our business. This is a great time-saver!

Cons: There are a couple of areas lacking for us and I would love to see these resolved. The first is to be able to have the ability to respond to customer reviews directly on the Reviews Page. This feature does not exist. The second would be to have the ability to auto send (thank you) emails (or even text messages) after we have done business with our first-time customers. Even if it was not feasible to have this feature incorporated into Genbook's software, it would be wonderful for Genbook to work with third-party services such as Zapier so the Genbook users would have this option.

Simple, functional, and useful

Seth P.
Acupuncturist
Medical Practice, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It is like having a front desk assistant to handle my scheduling for me.

Pros: The genbook interface is easy to use, has almost all the features I want for scheduling at my practice, and is pretty inexpensive.

Cons: It could use ability to interface with billing and electronic chartinf.

My 24/7 receptionist!

Maria W.
Owner/Practicioner
Alternative Medicine, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Genbook was a real game changer for me as a solo practitioner massage therapist. I have a busy practice and it is extremely helpful for me to have a booking site that allows my clients to book direct when I am unable to take their calls. In addition, the email and text reminders take one more task off my plate and keep my clients on track for their appointments. It's like having a 24/7 receptionist. My clients love the convenience and ease of use.

Pros: The ease of use. Super simple for both my clients and for me to use. Straightforward fill in the blank fields, dependable, and I love the Google integration.

Cons: I would like to be able to turn off the review request for specific clients. I have many repeat customers, many with standing appointments and it feels bothersome when they're repeatedly asked to provide a review. Right now the feature is all or nothing.

Great schedule system

Gwynn E.
Ownership
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Really good all the way around .

Pros: We use Genbook daily with myself and team.
It’s great for our clients and team.

Cons: I wish it had a billing system . I would love help through Genbook for monthly billing to my clients .

by Genbook on 06/12/2019

Hi Gwynn,

We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community.

We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote.

We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day.

Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests!

Thank you again for your kind words!

Warmly,
Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Works well with Google

Rachael S.
Massage Therapist
Medical Practice, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: There are a lot of scheduling programs out there, but Genbook's verified customer reviews boost my SEO and make me stand out in Google searches. Clients can book directly from Google, which means fewer clicks and fewer barriers to acquiring new bookings.

Cons: Unfortunately, there is no medical charting system integrated with the system. There's no easy way to track packages, except using the notes section in a customer profile. Users cannot exempt any services from the optimizer discounts. Users cannot make it optional for customers to pre-pay for services - it's either required or not. The desktop version of Genbook Book Now button and the customer interface look outdated.