Excellent scheduling software for growing multi-practice wellness center

Elizabeth S.
Founder/Owner/Massage Therapist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Ease of use and fairly intuitive, even for non-tech savvy massage therapists. Phone app is excellent for booking and schedule changes. Individual practitioner's can manage their own schedules. Clients frequently comment on how easy it is for them to book on line. You can specify whether a client has to pay before booking (great for no-shows who owe ) or you can block certain clients (great for creepers). Customer service is very responsive. The analytics feature is extremely useful for generating real-time business data. The client database is easy to import/export; great for marketing. You can customize any and all services, including buffers, color coding, etc. Great for a business that is expanding - we've gone from 3 practitioners to 12 in less than two years, and it has met our needs quite well. Pricing is very competitive.

Cons: Some glitches: when a client cancels a session, it's "ghost" still shows up in individual therapist's Google calendar. Can't manage room use booking, only therapist booking. When you delete a therapist (i.e. they no longer work at the center) their calendar and bookings are not preserved so you have to leave therapist on list for at least 3 months after they leave to manage that information. The "lightning bolt" instant-booking discount feature is great to generate bookings but I wish it could be limited to certain therapists instead of applied to the whole practice.

Online at any hour

Reviewed on 17/07/2019
Sadie K.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Very useful tool. A value for the cost.

Pros: Scheduling in real time. Cuts down on phone calls. Nice email/text reminders for appointments.

Cons: Some technical issues at times. People getting appt reminders for appointments they did not make. Other technical problems with slow service. Blocked or off line times showing as online (has happened only occasionally).

by Genbook on 19/07/2019

Hi Sadie,

From all of us at Genbook - we just want to thank you so much for taking the time to review us.

We constantly try to minimise any of the unnecessary distractions that limit our customers from achieving their greatest results.

Thank you for choosing Genbook, we really appreciate it!

Warmly,

Genbook Really Helps

Steve M.
Co-Owner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Genbook continues to be a great tool for our business and we are happy to have used them for about 10 years.

Pros: The ability to easily and conveniently allow clients to schedule appointments without the need for them to call our business. This is a great time-saver!

Cons: There are a couple of areas lacking for us and I would love to see these resolved. The first is to be able to have the ability to respond to customer reviews directly on the Reviews Page. This feature does not exist. The second would be to have the ability to auto send (thank you) emails (or even text messages) after we have done business with our first-time customers. Even if it was not feasible to have this feature incorporated into Genbook's software, it would be wonderful for Genbook to work with third-party services such as Zapier so the Genbook users would have this option.

Genbook helped to grow my biz and free up my time!

Reviewed on 22/03/2016
Brittney C.
Hairstylist + Owner
Customer Support

Comments: I own and operate OMGhairstyles salon, a luxury vegan salon suite in Frisco, Texas that offers women's services including precision cutting, coloring, and hair extensions. Our doors have been open for 8 years and Genbook has been a part of the business for the last 6 years. I started using Genbook because I was tired of having to return phone calls and play phone tag with clients who wanted to book an appointment. I wanted to provide my clients an easy way to schedule appointments from the convenience of their phone at any time. My favorite feature of Genbook are the reviews collected from clients and the client reminders. The reviews are automatically sent to clients after their appointment and Genbook does a great job at getting the reviews to pop up on a Google search. The client reminders via email and text are a great feature as well so you can spend less time on the phone and more time doing what you love! My business before Genbook was spending all my time "free time" outside of the salon on the phone trying to schedule clients, update appointments, and reminders. I also had 0 reviews before Genbook, not knowing what a powerful impact client reviews are for potential new clients to feel more comfortable to book online with you. My business now is booked at least 3 months out...always! I have almost 200 5 star client reviews and new clients can book with ease knowing they are in great hands based on client testimonials. I'm completely free of phone calls thanks to the automated reminder call/text and convenient booking app from Genbook. My clients are put on the recurring schedule provided by Genbook and they never have to worry about missing an appointment. I would recommend Genbook to others because most of us in the service based industry are creatives! We don't have time to be tied up on the phone or with techy stuff. With Genbook, you can free up more of your time to do what you love with the automation and ease of online booking.

Easy

Sienna I.
Owner/Esthetician
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Great! There are rarely any glitches on their part. I love how user friendly it is! I really like that when they do any updates, it usually 3am or some other unGodly hour! :)

Pros: It is easy to use for both my staff and clientele. The client review forms are awesome! So many great features!

Cons: Customer reviews most of the time include weird character's like" thi?s ".
It would be nice to see a way to add two services. So, say my client wants to book a Signature Facial and an Eyelash Tint. She now has to choose on service, book that appointment and then go back in to book the next service. It would be awesome to have a way to add a second service all in one transaction.

online booking app

Reviewed on 21/02/2019
Lynda D.
Owner/manager
Environmental Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My customers can book online and adjust the booking when ever they want day or night no more missed clients waiting to get a return call they just book online

Pros: The best for any business that needs on booking I can even link it to my website it has grown my business over 150% now

Cons: Nothing it is affordable and has no maintence at all

by Genbook on 05/03/2019

Hi Lynda,

Thanks for taking the time to review your experience with Genbook. We are committed to providing the most helpful and supportive booking solution for your business, and are glad to know you're enjoying it!

We appreciate your loyalty over the years. If we can help with anything or if you'd like to request any extra bells & whistles feel free to reach out any time.

Happy Genbooking!

satisfied customer

Maria T.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: i dont have to worry about double bookings, and have to call to remide my customers of their appointmnts,

Pros: its easy for my customer to book online at their convenience and they can also manage their appointments to suit their busy schedule; my staff can each have their own schedule and manage from where. payments and reviews are very nice to manage. my customers are happy, thats mean, i am happy. thanks genbook.

Cons: it offers many ways to manage our schedule. also, i like the remiders and confirmations to my customers.

I have been using Genbook since 2011. Easy to set up, clean front face, highly reliable, inexpensive

Reviewed on 06/03/2018
Nancy E.
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Thanks to this program we were able to start our tutoring program. At the time could not afford, nor did we want the complicated features of the big name programs out there. We are grateful for the opportunity it afforded us.

Pros: The customers almost never have any problem signing in for appointments and since 2011, I can only remember 1 time the system was down. The cost cannot be beat. We have 70 individuals who are providing services and appointments can be scheduled by clients 24/7. Their analytics tool is very good.

Our business has been using Genbook for 7 years

Gonne A.
Owner and CEO
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Great! We have looked at other booking software but find Genbook meets our needs very well!

Pros: Customers can book online with ease from multiple sites (Google, our website, Facebook).
That customers are given an "ask" after they have been to us to review their experience. We have 1000+ 5 star reviews for a small business.

Cons: That we cannot comment on a negative review. It actually helps businesses when customers see the humanity of an exchange when things go awry which all businesses experience.

Best Decision for my Practice

Reviewed on 16/08/2018
Majera M.
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Set-up is very user friendly and seamless. The back end is easy to train employees on, and the front end user experience is well-designed. Online booking has been the best decision I've ever made for my medical practice.

Cons: Genbook used to have a feature where you could create specials and online offers with a link for purchase. For some reason they discontinued this feature. Now I have to pay for another software to be able to offer online purchases.

Great product

Jeff F.
General manager
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We’ve been with them for years and keep coming back because it’s so easy for patients to use.

Pros: Our clinic likes genbooks. It’s easy to use and has great functionality. The reviews are great too. If they would get multiple location functionality, they would hit it out of the Park. One thing I like is that their development team has always responded to reasonable suggestions.

Cons: They do need multiple locations and they say it’s on the radar screen.

Best scheduling software around!

Reviewed on 04/01/2019
Steven R.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: This software is extremely user and admin friendly. Implementing it made a huge difference in numbers of bookings, and the appointment reminders have reduced no-shows. Reviews with google integration also make reputation management a snap.

Cons: There was a bit of a price jump recently, but this service pays for itself.

Absolutely the best

Philip C.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It has freed up so much time I used to spend on the phone scheduling appointments.

Pros: The software is very user friendly. My patients love being able to schedule an appointment at their convenience. Genbook saves me so much time. I wouldn't be without it.

Cons: I have no complaints about genbook. I can't think of anything that would make it better.

Genbook Review - Aug. 10, 2018

Liza V.
Adm Asst.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Perfect.

Pros: The software is very useful to us with regards to clients requesting for appointments, rescheduling, monitoring the history of their meetings with the business mentors.

Cons: SCORE has 3 offices. You only allow (2) notifications of the appointments to clients to confirm their appointments.

I used genbook for almost 5 years before I decided to switch platforms

Reviewed on 21/03/2018
Ashley S.
Customer Support

Pros: Genbook is so easy to use for both the company and customer. I chose genbook because at the time was the only company to offer and app for Apple and Android users.

Cons: Cost is not reasonable for a small company. They lack many features that should be included for the price that you pay.

Makes my business run!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017
Amanda L.
Psychotherapist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I love the eases of Genbook and their customer services is superb! I'm always amazed on quickly they get back to me. I love that it auto-requests customers to review the business and now I have over 65 five star reviews to display on my website!

Pros: How user friendly it is and the fast customer service.

Cons: I wish I could send review requests manually.

Best thing we did for our business.

Benjamin F.
Alternative Medicine, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We've had a good experience using Genbook. It allows our clients to book anytime they wish, and saves us time from having to do that at our office... reducing the amount of phone calls to our office.

Pros: Easy of use and automatic capture of customer reviews.

Cons: We are unable to book on 10 minute intervals.

Easy as it gets!

Ross W.
Owner/Stylist
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've been a client for 7 or 8 years. Can't recommend it enough!

Pros: Love the intuitive nature of this site. It takes the work out of your appointment book.

Cons: I would like to be able to customize clients pricing and time requirements based on individual clients.

Best tool I use for my business!

Reviewed on 01/02/2017
Laura B.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Using Genbook has been the single best thing I've done for my business. I'm always hearing from customers how they love being able to book online, instead of playing phone tag.

Pros: easy to use, collects customer reviews which helps attract more customers

Cons: I wish appointments that I book from the app myself will also get notifications. Currently, you only get notifications from appointments booked on the website.

Best Value for Money -Easy to Use Booking App

Reviewed on 20/08/2018
Volker H.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have significantly reduced time we have to spend over the phone

Pros: Price and simplicity and it really fit for our business model!

Cons: they are good at listening to suggestions....but it would be great it they were implemented a bit sooner some times

Killing my Business

Reviewed on 08/04/2019
Owner of Salon
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Empty promises.

Pros: Use to be great and worked well with Google.

Cons: All your reviews just get deleted off Google. Genbooks has been telling me for almost 2 years now that they are going to help but they don’t. Absolutely ridiculous at this point. Looking for a new company to work with as we speak.

by Genbook on 10/04/2019

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback. We hear you, the connection between your Google My Business profile and your Genbook reviews have been intermittent recently. This is a result of some changes Google have made to their API since introducing the Reserve with Google feature.

Rest assured that your customers are still able to see all of your reviews in full on your booking page and you can still add your 'Reviews Button' to your web and social pages.

We are working hard to strengthen that connection and restore the Genbook reviews link to your Google My Business profile. In the mean time, we recommend sharing your reviews via different avenues.

Thanks again for your feedback, and don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can help with.

Warmly,

Scheduling ease!

Reviewed on 03/04/2019
Amy G.
Owner/doctor
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Genbook is a brilliants system. I just acquired a business that has used Genbook for almost 10 years. In fact, I used to work at this same business years ago and I am actually the one who implemented this system there in the first place! The recurring appointments are my favorite feature as our business relies heavily on that.

Cons: Genbook doesn’t allow overlapping appointments which is the main reason why it doesn’t work for part of my business.

by Genbook on 04/04/2019

Hi Amy,

Thanks so much for your review and feedback. An 'original Genbooker', the business has been with us nearly since our beginning! We sincerely appreciate your loyalty in continuing to choose Genbook, and look forward to supporting you and Solutions Alternative Healthcare into the future.

When it comes to overlapping appointments, we may have some solutions to help with that. Feel free to reach out to our Support team about 'Double Booking' and 'Split Appointments' any time at (844) 388-3447.

Happy Genbooking!

It just works

Reviewed on 14/08/2018
Daniel C.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: They are constantly making improvements and I can tell they are a company that cares about their customers and putting out a great product.

Cons: Cost and the fact that it works too well so I’m busy. Lol

Good SAAS software for large organisations

Reviewed on 19/07/2019
Vijay A.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Scheduling, Marketing, Customer Experience, Staff Organization, Resource Planning, Inventory Management

Pros: very organised and each feature is quite deep for support large organisations.

Cons: Pricing is not suitable for smaller organization

by Genbook on 30/07/2019

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for your review - we really appreciate your feedback!

Did you know over 70% of our customers are owner operators with less than 2 employees? Most are solo operators, so if you would like to try us again, we would love to have you back on board!

Many thanks again,
The Genbook Team

Great way for clients to schedule ahead and saves me time in the office

Reviewed on 06/09/2017
Michael M.
owner/therapist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It has provided more scheduling options for my clients and I can make easier adjustment to my calendar compared to old software I used.

Pros: I like all of the reminder options and ease of use for my clients. I also get notifications when new clients schedule, and can set time constraints on when someone can schedule or cancel an appt.

Cons: There have been a couple of times when I did not get notified of a client scheduling, which unfortunately caused me to miss an appt.