• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.8 /5

About SimpleConsign

Simple web based technology gives consignment, resale and antique malls the freedom and resources needed to thrive in today's market.

Learn more about SimpleConsign

Misti C.
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2021

"Long time simple consign user"

Pros: this software is super easy to use you dont have to be a tech genious

Cons: the monthly cost is the worst part of the software

by Traxia on 22/03/2021

Thank you for your review Misti!

Kelly G.
Owner - Designer
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2018

"Took my business to the Next Level."

Comments: There are still a lot of features that I just haven't had time to learn how to use. I personally don't do well with "on-line training" and haven't taken the time to do all the training that's available. But the helpdesk is very responsive and normally helps me resolve any issues I'm having in a very timely manner. Thanks for that!

Pros: Simple Consign helped me stop running my retail shop like a "multi-family garage sale". I no longer had to keep tags, tally consignor accounts manually using paper tickets and manually calculate and write checks at the end of each month. Game changer for me.

Cons: I don't love the fact that I have to pay for this service every month FOREVER for as long as I'm in business. But I realize it's become part of the cost of doing business and is the way the software industry is headed as a whole. I also still feel the aesthetics and functionality of the online is cumbersome to customers and not as seemless as I thought it was going to be when I added that service. Reports and sales data are not truly integrated together. I still have to run separate reports to get total sales data. I like that it's tied to the same inventory bucket but it would be even more helpful if those sales also showed up when I run sales reports through simple consign. It's also not as clean and shopper friendly as it could be in the way it sorts and places inventory into the category buckets. It still feels somewhat like more of a glorified Craigslist site, than a fully modernized professional online store. Not having the ability to have drop down menu items for customers to select apparel in different sizes or items that have multiple color options is not ideal. Having to do a complete separate listing for literally every single color and size of an item junks up the online store, makes shoppers have to scroll through a lot of the "same" to see unique items. Perhaps the answer to this is more categories in the long run, but that isn't ideal either. Perhaps since my shop isn't a typical consignment shop, I'm the only one with this issue?

Elizabeth B.
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2018

"This is the best consignment software you will find"

Comments: I've had a great experience with them and would definitely use their service again if I open a second shop.

Pros: It is easy to use once you learn how it works, it allows flexibility to either let consignors check their own account or to check for them, and the customer service is excellent. They are always quick to respond and have helped me numerous times with tech questions even when it's not software related!

Cons: I wish you could apply more than one credit card payment to a single purchase so that folks could use a gift credit card and pay the balance with their regular card but this issue is minor in the grand scheme of things. Also, I wish the formatting for tags was a bit more flexible. I would love to print a butterfly jewelry tag with the consignor info right next to the price so that we could just use one half of the tag when we are tight for space (on the backs of small earring cards). Right now, the format sets the price on one end of the butterfly tag and the date and consignor info on the other so that we have to manually cut each price tag and put both pieces on the backs of earring cards. It's a small thing but takes time when you're putting in orders of 50+ pieces at a time.

by Traxia on 14/11/2018

Elizabeth, thanks for taking the time to review SimpleConsign. Have I got good news for you! We've just added new integrated credit card processors that allow you to take split payments! Contact Support ASAP and get switched over. Thanks for believing in us!

Julie N.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2020

"Highly recommended!"

Comments: Having worked at another consignment shop for 19 years, I really wanted to use the same software when I opened my own shop because it was familiar and cheap to run. However, the familiar software didn't have online access for consignors, something that is very important in this market and worth every dime! Using Simple Consign has shown me how many features weren't available in the other software.
As someone who doesn't get along well with technology, the support staff was amazing in helping me get started and continues to be amazing when I need assistance. Their response time is phenomenal.

Pros: The initial set up and training went really smoothly with Simple Consign; the support team took even took over dealing with the inept company that was setting up my hardware, saving me a ton of stress. This software is very user friendly. I'm sure that there are a lot of features that I haven't even taken advantage of using yet!
My consignors are thrilled to be able to check their accounts online.

Cons: I've gotten feedback from a few people that they had difficulty going back into their account history; it would be more convenient if it was available at a glance without having to change dates to try and find items from older consignment periods.

• Reviewed on 13/08/2020
Zella F.
Proprietor
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2021

"easy to use, very clear"

Comments: We run a 100% consignor store so tracking and paying out our consignors is really organised with simple consign. this software is imperative for tweaking our business economy.

Pros: It is easy to teach new staff how to use. very straight forward tabs for different areas of the software.
everything is very simple when adding accounts and inventory. The business overview tools are great.
I love the reports.

Cons: I have been through hell trying to print barcode price labels for my products. I couldnt seem to get clear information concerning the label printer that i needed to order and the label size. I was very inexperienced in this area and really need some more committed help. The printer that I ended up buying isnt 100% supported by the print service software EDNA, that is the Zebra ZD220 and I have an unreliable communication between the APP and the printer. It has been extremely frustrating and time consuming. I've paid $400 to have IT specialists come and look. Traxia support want able to rectify the problem.
This is my only complaint about the software and I am sure in time this problem will be ironed out even if it has been costly.

by Traxia on 29/01/2021

Thank you for your review Zella, I am sorry this happened to you, and I'm sure it's very frustrating. I will have support reach out to you.

Kristine T.
Business Owner
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2018

"Sweetpea's customer of SimpleConsign"

Comments: I have been with SimpleConsign for over 5 years. I love that it is easy to use and has all the features necessary for me as a small business. Simple Consign gives me the tools that I need to be successful and to feel as thought I am a much larger business than I truly am. The support team is wonderful and they are always available to help with an issue big or small. I ran my store for 4.5 years without SimpleConsign and truly don't know how I did it.

Pros: SimpleConisgn allows me to track inventory, transactions and revenue. The wide availability of reports are so beneficial for me to be successful. These reports allow me to track sales daily, hourly, monthly and yearly with a few clicks. I am also able to track inventory sold by day and consignor.

Cons: Nothing that I can think of. When I have had a issue I contact customer support and it is taken care of almost immediately.

by Traxia on 14/11/2018

Wow Kristine! Thank you for a fabulous review! We really appreciate you taking the time. We've enjoyed growing with Sweetpea's. Nothing better than 5 out of 5 stars and a 10 out of 10 recommendation! Thanks for letting us partner with you. We look forward to many more years working together.

Chris R.
Executive Director
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2018

"Best solution we found - 3 years running"

Comments: I can't imagine our business model operating efficiently without SimpleConsign.

Pros: SimpleConsign offers flexibility that we couldn't find in other packages we tested. I'm sure everyone who does consignment does things a little differently, and everything we dreamed up before we opened our doors SimpleConsign was able to do right out of the box. Being able to provide a web interface to our consignors has improved our service to them; allowing them to find stock levels, etc. without having to wait for a return call from us.

Cons: I wish there were more ecommerce functionality "out of the box" instead of having to develop our own.

by Traxia on 14/11/2018

Chris, thanks for leaving a review! It's fun to hear that SimpleConsign is your "dream" software. We're happy to hear your consignors enjoy their real-time consignor access as well. We want to remind you that SimpleConsign now integrates with Shopify, making online sales even easier. Chat with sales ([email protected]) to get more information. Thanks again!

Nettie B.
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2015

"Look no further, this is the software you need for your consignment business!"

Comments: After using a company for 10 years that claimed to be "The Resale Industry's Favorite Software System" I got wise and switched. I had been searching for a few years and finally came upon Simple Consign. If your just starting out, use this one! If you're wanting to switch, switch to this one - it's simple and I had over 6,000 consignors to switch over between 2 stores. After switching to this company I can see where every dollar that I make or payout is. Payouts are easy to track and this software won't randomly mark items down. I have been using Simple Consign for 9 months and I am in love!!! If you have a question/problem call them and they'll help. They go above and beyond to help you and don't have unrealistic customer service hours - they'll help you when you need it. The whole team is great and you can tell that they genuinely care about your business. In the short amount of time we've used Simple Consign the owner has even come to visit our out-of-state store.
Features that are priceless to me include: everything is on-line so I can be on vacation and pull up on my phone the progress for the store on any given day. I run our Facebook page and if someone comments on our page asking about products we may or may not have in the store I can log on (while sitting on a beach anywhere) check our store's inventory and respond to their question in a timely manor. I love how it stores prices that I have previously priced something so I can price consistently or train someone else with ease. This feature works great if you have multiple locations so you're not pricing items differently.
There's a lot to learn, but it's pretty simple and fun to explore all the features.
2 things that I wish Simple Consign did that it currently doesn't is: 1) provide a type of "want list" for people that are looking for a certain item and would like to be called if we get that item in. and 2) let my management team see how sales are progressing throughout the day and see end of day reports without them being able to see what we've made the entire week/month/year or what we owe consignors or anything else that isn't relevant to them.
Overall since using Simple Consign it has taken a huge weight off my shoulders and let me become more of an owner and less of an operator.

by Traxia on 22/03/2021

Thank you for your review Nettie!

• Reviewed on 06/02/2015
Jerik T.
POS Admin
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2021

"Met all our needs until it was time for online sales"

Comments: I am quite satisfied with the product. I just wish they could make it easier to integrate with online sales products.

Pros: We are not your typical Consignment shop, but rather a collective of nine different Arts & Crafts Guild. Even so, Simple Consign was flexible enough to meet our needs . We have a lot of volunteers using the software and ran into few problems. Most users remarked how easy it was to use. Support is quite responsive. I really like how it is cloud-based so we don't have to worry and deployment or updates, and that I could work with it from my home. When we have sales, we have instant sales information.

Cons: I wish it had more global settings, like whether or not a new item gets created when the system doesn't recognize a SKU. The biggest issue for doing online sales with Shopify was that indicating a single item was available online required 4 separate mouse clicks, and that is per item. That was just too tedious. We are currently using WiX for online, but there is no integration. We would like some integration via API so that the two products could communicate.

by Traxia on 29/01/2021

Thank you for your review Jerik! While we currently have no plans to integrate with Wix, but we will update our customers if and when we decide to go that route.

• Reviewed on 22/01/2021
Terri W.
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2021

"User friendly system for our small business"

Comments: Overall, we have been happy with this software. Neither I or my business partner are incredibly computer savvy, and this system has been fairly easy for us to navigate and utilize for our small business purposes.

Pros: This software is relatively user friendly and intuitive. It makes it easy to manage our various consignors and vendors and the real time access to sales is a huge bonus for our vendors.

Cons: There are a few navigational aspects that could use some improvement. We have permanent vendors and it is often difficult to swap the vendor ID for an item that has already sold, if there has been a clerical error. We have struggled with out check printing format and integration to Quickbooks.

by Traxia on 27/01/2021

Thank you for your review Terri, and for the many years of partnership. As always we are always looking to improve our side of things, and I have noted your concerns so we can discuss with our development team.

• Reviewed on 25/01/2021
Jill C.
  • Reviewed on 02/05/2019

"Consignment Software Made Easy"

Comments: I’ve used Sinple Consign by Traxia for seven years and I love how easy it is to use, and how quickly new employees can learn the system. You can run basically an airport you would like, and the support staff will help you create reports. I also love how quickly the support staff replies.

Pros: Ease of use, custom reports and support. It’s extremely user-friendly, has tutorials for new staff members, and in seven years the system has only gone down twice for a couple minutes at a time . The are a small company, so support is usually immediate, even after hours if it is a high priority issue .

Cons: That it’s not 100% for consignment shops and there’s no pop up notification for expired accounts.

by Traxia on 07/05/2019

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review Jill. We really appreciate it. We can't ask for more than a 10 out of 10 and 5 stars across the board. Thanks for being a vital part of Team Traxia!

• Reviewed on 02/05/2019
Karen M.
Co-Owner
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

"Time Saver"

Comments: The best part of this company is their support. The staff is always friendly, patient and most importantly, available.

Pros: I used to have to take a picture of a dress, download it to my computer, upload it to our website, write down the description, item number and price. Then when the dress sold, I had to go in and manually remove it from my site. With SimpleConsign, it was just that-SIMPLE! I can use the app on my phone to scan the tag on the dress and take a picture. Everything would automatically go onto my website and then be removed once the tag was scanned for purchase. This saved tons of time and also assured us that anything on our website was still in the store when customers would call or come in to see the item.

Cons: It is not that I didn’t like aspects of the software, it is just that I was used to using my old software and change can always take some time to get used to. I wish I had started with Simple Consign when I first opened.

Tina D.
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2021

"SimpleConsign, A Game Changer"

Comments: Multiple stores are a breeze with the software! You get to choose how much they link together and I customize each locations settings and user privileges.

Pros: We love this software! We have used it for almost 10 years and wouldn't think of using anything else. We love how it works directly with our new to us shopify online store. Covid had a few silver linings and one was learning that online sales really do add up!

Cons: Occasionally the system goes offline and we are unable to make sales but it happened infrequently and the team is on it immediately to get it remedied.

by Traxia on 22/03/2021

Thank you for your review Tina!

While we never want to go down there are times where something out of our control happens. Fortunately we have come up with work arounds for those times when the inevitable happens.

Jeramy J.
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2019

"Great Product, EXCELLENT Customer Support"

Comments: Great team... I would highly recommend to anyone with a consignment shop!

Pros: SimpleConsign was extremely easy to implement and has continued to help my business grow. Their customer support has been extremely helpful whenever I need to figure out how to do something or a small issue comes up.

Cons: They have slowed down their development quite a bit and I wish there were more focus on building out new features for store-owned inventory, reporting, etc.

by Traxia on 20/03/2019

Thanks for the review Jeramy! We really appreciate the feedback. We're happy to hear we're helping your business grow. Development is busy, busy working on several things at the moment. Hopefully, we'll be rolling them out soon.
Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 18/03/2019
Sue B.

"My Review"

Pros: My first experience with a POS. I picked Simple Consign based on peer reviews on social media. I don't have anything to compare it with. Most interactions with staff have been pleasant.

Cons: Very few added features. They reach out and ask for suggestions but I'm not seeing ny changes made. Cost is very high compared to other. My cost has tripled since the start. But once in it's hard to switch.

by Traxia on 29/01/2021

Hey Sue, thank you so much for your review! Our last big update was Shopify, and we regularly have to update the plug-in as Shopify changes. We do however keep a list of all requested features and build a roadmap based off of the features.

Kim K.
Executive Director
Fine Art, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/08/2020

"Outstanding Product"

Comments: Overall, our experience with SimpleConsign has been positive. I highly recommend this software. Plus, the staff support is superior. No matter what the challenge a support person is responsive to our needs. THANKS!

Pros: SimpleConsign software is easy to use. We are able to efficiently input and track inventory for nearly 200 artists, create reports for sales and fundraising events. Consignor Payouts are now quickly generated which streamlines the whole commission process.

Cons: It would be great if Traxia (SimpleConsign) could track memberships. Otherwise, there isn't anything negative about the software that leaps to mind.

• Reviewed on 26/08/2020
Laree H.
Retail
    4.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2015

"SimpleConsign is amazing, user friendly and very affordable."

Pros: It's Web based, if my computer crashes, my information is always there!

Cons: I can't think of anything, I'm very happy with SimpleConsign

by Traxia on 27/01/2021

Thank you so much for your review LaRee!

• Reviewed on 27/08/2015
Sue F.
  • Reviewed on 27/01/2021

"very happy with simple consign for my retail store"

Comments: before we had simple consign we did everything manually and this took hours and was not effective or efficient for everyone including the customer and consigner. We not have freed time to spend in areas of the store that needed attention.

Pros: the ease of use and accountability as well as cloud based

Cons: I wish I had more knowledge on pulling reports that would be useful

by Traxia on 28/01/2021

Thank you for your review Sue. We are constantly working on guides for our team on how to pull reports. Reach out to [email protected] if you would like to be linked to these guides.

Amy M.

"Great software!"

Comments: I have used it lightly and dig into more features I love it! I have even recommended this to a few other places that started using it!

Pros: I love this program. It makes everything just so easy to scan in at check out. It makes it easy for consignors to add their items.

Cons: Not much. Overall it’s good I don’t like you can’t Archive old consignors.

by Traxia on 29/01/2021

Thank you for your review Amy!

Lisa G.
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2018

"Support Staff Feel Like Friends!"

Comments: SimpleConsign is the only POS software I’ve used and the only I want to use! As a hybrid consignment and gift store it meets my needs well! I like the small, intimate size of the company and an overall very pleased!

Pros: The ability to easily go back and forth from consignment and store inventory. The ease of use for training purposes. Easy check-out. Attentiveness and prompt assistance from customer support.

Cons: The inibility to use multiple cards in one purchase.

by Traxia on 29/10/2018

Lisa, do I have good news for you! The ability to use multiple cards in one transaction is on its way. Stay tuned for an announcement very soon. Thanks for the great review. Receiving 10 out of 10 and 5 stars means a great deal to us. We don't take our customers for granted and want to be sure we're giving you all that you need to manage your business.

• Reviewed on 26/10/2018
Matt E.
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2017

"Very, very pleased with the overall product."

Comments: Ease of compiling and reviewing data, inventory management, better overall experience for consignors, more fool proof for employees.

Pros: The direct customer interface is wonderful. Aside from eliminating most consignor check-in calls, a nice unexpected result is that I can price items at my discretion without a consignor looking over my shoulder. It is exceedingly rare for a consignor to call back and quibble over prices with almost always happnes in person.

Cons: The price is a bit more than I'd like, I have several friends who run small consignment shops that cant talk themselves into the price. Some of the reports and inventory searches could be cleaned up.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2017
Carol P.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/05/2017

"Excellent support!!"

Comments: The initial sales people were honest, courteous and very helpful. The support team is also very helpful, courteous and patient!!

Pros: Ease of use, functionality, support, simplicity, capabilities, browser based!! (love that I can access at home also!) This is a thoroughly superb program that has the consignor/consignee business in mind!! The support is excellent and they will take the time to explain their answer so that I have a thorough understanding and will explain different options, if needed. I am so happy with this program and can't imagine my business without it!!

Cons: Just a few minor things. I wish the reports were a little easier to compile, but that is probably a user issue!! Wish the reports could print my business name on them. Maybe something you can add in the future?

• Reviewed on 02/05/2017
Linda S.
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2018

"Hello"

Comments: It has definitely made our life simpler. The payout system is so easy and efficient.

Pros: It's so easy to keep track of all our consignors.

Cons: The main problem we have had is with our consignors access to their page.

by Traxia on 10/08/2018

Thanks Linda for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time. We need to find out what we can do for Decologics to get that rating up! Please contact Tech Support about your consignor access issues. They weren't aware you were having trouble! Glad your life is simpler because of SimpleConsign.

• Reviewed on 09/08/2018
Eva I.
Self employed
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees

"I love your program"

Comments: I love this program, customer service is great. They take the time to show you how to run the program, help you set it up. Log into your computer if they have to, to help.
I tell all of my other fellow business owners about it.

Pros: I love the ease of our vendors knowing their sales daily. The ability to see my sales, monthly, daily,weekly. The integration directly with with shopify. They make it so easy to run my business's. I get quick responses to any customer support I need.

Cons: I honestly don't have anything, maybe the price, but I think its worth every penny.

by Traxia on 28/01/2021

Thank you for your review Eva!

Jonathan L.
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/08/2020

"Great Consignment Software"

Pros: Easy to manage dozens of consignors with separate consignor accounts and IDs. Quickly process sales and assign to appropriate consignor

Cons: The consignor login view could use some tweaking. We occasionally have consignors who are confused when using their login to check sales compared to their end of month payout

• Reviewed on 17/08/2020