Hootsuite Reviews

4.4 (3,204) Write a Review!

About Hootsuite

Hootsuite helps you build your brand, strengthen connections with customers, and drive real business results with social media.

Learn more about Hootsuite

Pros:

The analytics side of Hootsuite is one of its greatest strengths. The support team respond quickly.

Cons:

Additionally at least once or twice the scheduled content has failed to post, and it is difficult to track these.

Hootsuite ratings

4.3

8.0/10

Hootsuite has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 3,204 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Hootsuite before?

Filter reviews (3,204)

Brock
Brock
Vice President of Marketing in US
Retail, 51-200 Employees

Great for businesses and distributed teams

Comments: This is a great tool that has enormously helped our content team stay organized and post on a regular consistent basis.

Pros:

Hootsuite makes it easy for our distributed team of content contributors to submit content, and our internal team can then create a posting calendar and use automated posting to make the management of all of our social platforms fast and simple.

Cons:

We really like hootsuite, but it would be nice if more platforms and types of posts could be made.

Andrei
Andrei
Student in Brazil
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

Hootsuite is the best social media management software for analytics.

Comments: Hootsuite is the best software for analytics. It is great for scalling your business, if you want to track and improve your perfomance throught social media, hootsuite is definitely the one to go with.

Pros:

Has a lot of tracking tools and some of them are real-time, making it great for accounts that need fast response.

Cons:

Hootsuite can scale quickly and make you feel in need of some tools that you can't afford.

Collins
Head of digital in Uganda
Broadcast Media, 2-10 Employees

Best tool for scheduling content across channels

3.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall I would recommend this product for any individual, company or agency that is using social media heavily.

Pros:

Ease of use when scheduling and managing content across all platforms

Cons:

Sometimes scheduled content fails to get posted and also short links sometimes appear broken

Alberto
Marketing Manager in US
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

A Great Tool For Social Scheduling - But Others Offer More For Less

Comments: Overall the product has served us well; we're still using it daily and are able to plan campaigns around our scheduling abilities, we're able to connect directly with our customers and assigned potential customer service issues within our team with a few clicks. Over time however, social platforms are getting savvy to the needs of businesses are starting to build out their own business tools and scheduling/performance analytics hubs (Facebook Business and Twitter for Business for one). It remains to be seen how Hootsuite will compete with free as the platforms begin to grow this part of their businesses.

Pros:

Social Post Scheduling is the raison d'etre for Hootsuite and it does it effectively and with lots of options including custom tagging for your analytics platform. If you're only interested in being able to schedule and post to multiple social media channels, this is the first place to look.

Cons:

The pricing and tiers no longer make sense as many of their competitors are offering similar/better scheduling and posting options at a lower price (or free with limitations). In 2022, Instagram post scheduling shouldn't be an exclusive feature.

Communications Coordinator in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Hootsuite is Pretty Sweet

Comments: I find Hootsuite user-friendly, intuitive, and incredibly helpful in scheduling out campaigns. This is excellent software for non-profits looking to improve their social media strategy with more consistent posting. This is also great software to help multiple people manage the same account so they know what is scheduled to post. I would definitely recommend this software to anyone looking to organize and streamline their social media presence.

Pros:

I love the ability to schedule posts in advance. I also really appreciate the free trial and free version of this software. The free trial is long enough to schedule out a media campaign and understand the benefits of managing content in this way. Posts are unlimited. The free version is still great for a small company that needs only a few posts a month.

Cons:

I have few complaints, but I do wish that Instagram posts with multiple photos and Instagram stories could be scheduled in a "set it and forget it" manner. The workaround offered is decent (a push notification sent to your phone to post) but adds an extra step. The tagging feature for Instagram is also lacking. Tagging another account requires knowing the exact account name, as you can't search within Hootsuite for the correct account (the way you can with their Facebook integration).

Almira
Graphic Designer in Philippines
Graphic Design, Self Employed

Best Scheduler I've Ever Used!

5.0 last month New

Comments: The best scheduling and posting I've ever used!

Pros:

I like the most is scheduling to all social media platform my clients have!

Cons:

nothing! everything is great! I really need to recommend this to all my clients!

Rikaz
Rikaz
Medical Officer (Health Informatics) in Sri Lanka
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1,001-5,000 Employees

A social media scheduling powerhouse!

Comments: From a small business (which we were) to a major advertising agency, Hootsuite has the range of features to cater to them.

Pros:

I have had the pleasure of using Hootsuite from it's early days and am happy that this energetic company has grown leaps and bounds. I and my wife ran her business and in the beginning we needed good reach on multiple social media platforms. The main issue was that we could not keep on logging into 3 or 4 different platforms. Enter Hootsuite! This wonderful tool allowed us to quickly schedule posts and what's more get some much needed analytics as well.

Cons:

One of my main gripes is (was) the inability to schedule Instagram Stories but I'm happy to note that even this task has been now automated by Hootsuite. I prefer the main social media analytics to Hootsuite.

Ezechiel Narcisse
Ezechiel Narcisse
CEO in Côte d’Ivoire

Manage all my social media platforms in one place

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I used to log into multiple social media accounts throughout the day and it was taking away from my work. Now, with Hootsuite, I only have to check into one place for all my social media updates and messages. This has been a huge boost to my productivity.

Pros:

I love this tool because it consolidates all my social media accounts into one place. It allows me to schedule posts and keep track of my follower counts on all the different networks. Hootsuite is a great fit for businesses of all sizes, but it's especially useful for companies that have multiple users who need to work on social media. Hootsuite is also great for monitoring your social media accounts.

Cons:

Nothing to say about this product. It is highly useful for me

Deanna T
Deanna T
Digital Marketing in US
Market Research, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Of the best alternatives for network management

Comments: My experience has been good, it has allowed us to be able to organize everything and multiple content programs in the same control panel to distribute in the different digital media, the tool is easy to implement and understand even if you are new to this system

Pros:

What I like is its ease of implementation, in general this tool covers each sector of the functions necessary for digital marketing processes, this tool allows you to publish automatically and guarantees that marketing processes are carried out without problems, they have powerful features search to facilitate management

Cons:

I have no problems with the tool, it has worked well and has allowed us to manage the different means by which we communicate with clients

Gabor
Gabor
CEO in Hungary

Social media management as a pro

Comments: When you get used to it it is very intuitive and easy to use.

Pros:

I am using it to automate posting to a large number of social media accounts, stock photos and analyze posts and engagement.

Cons:

Can not change auto posting for different social media networks.

Jhonjerlyn
CEO in US
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees

A bold system that helps you and traffic to your social networks in a matter of minutes.

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: It is a platform that is complete with respect to the functionalities that it offers, I'm happy with the general functionality that this platform has represented during all this time, we have been using it for more than a year and the results have been innovative, all our social networks have remained quite revelant activity day in day out, as well as added quite a bit of interaction with customers. We would love for this platform to implement an anti-spam system, which can block any irregular activity in our messages from the inbox of our social networks, this would help a lot today. And within this platform, only the rates must be improved, the inbox system must also be improved so that it is more beneficial and can have a greater order in the messages received. The general features of this platform help social networks remain active, you can interact with customers through comments, and reactions, as well as you can see how many times your customers share the publication.

Pros:

Hootsuite is a fairly system to manage all kinds of social networks, its wide availability and the few limits ti has help social networks to be managed in a concrete way, as well as monitoring and managing the traffic in each of them. What I like the most about this platform is that it offers me real-time analysis and visualization of the activity of all the platforms, I can visualize the activity of Facebook or Instagram accounts from this platform in real time, visualize comments, reactions or interactions of the customers with other publications, all in real time. Another thing that I like is that this platform allows me to create scheduled publications, I can create a publication and select where the publication will be sent, I can select several social networks at the same time so that this publication is uploaded at an exact time in all the social networks that I selected, program publications has improved the activity of our social networks in scale, because it has maintained activity in an automated way, without the need to do anything manually.

Cons:

One of the negative things about this platform is that it is a bit complicated to manage messages received within it, when we link all the social networks that we use in this company, all the messages received are stored in the same tray input, this causes all the received messages to be combined and it turns out to be a bit difficult to read each one of them and know which social network it comes from, I would like the inbox to be much more organized, dividing each one of the messages received in each social network, this would help us to have an incredible order in the messages received and to be able to attend to each of them little by little. Another negative thing is that this platform should offer much more affordable prices, currently I only recommend using this platform in large companies that can cover the high costs it has.

Shaheer
Shaheer
Technical Writer in Pakistan

It's Easy and Good

Comments: As the number of social media users grows, Hootsuite has become an indispensable part of business operations. It integrates with tens of social networks and has a 30-day free trial. It is easy to use and affordable. With millions of users, it's easy to see why Hootsuite has millions of users. It's no wonder, then, that it's the number one social media management tool for small businesses.

Pros:

Hootsuite is a social media management tool with millions of users. It has the advantage of allowing you to view up to five social networks simultaneously, and its easy to use interface lets you easily flick between different social media profiles, campaigns, and customers. However, it does have some limitations.

Cons:

Though its scheduling capabilities are basic, it does have some useful features. Like its ability to monitor key terms and hashtags, Hootsuite helps you grow your social media presence. Some features are limited, like the inability to bulk-schedule via import. If you're looking for a more advanced solution for your social media marketing strategy, Hootsuite may not be right for you.

Arzu
Arzu
Digital Marketing Specialist in Turkey

Useful for beginners but high priced

Comments: Especially for the free version, I can say that since we have switched to a maker-checker structure in our social media marketing process, checking the planned posts much earlier prevents problems that may occur in the instant posting. Making improvements on the features I explained in the cons section will make the product much more effective, but if you are just a beginner, it will be easier for you to try the free plan.

Pros:

It's useful to connect more than one social platform and manage all of them from one channel.

Cons:

Unfortunately I think the pricing is expensive. Also, the lack of a scheduling option for stories complicates the process. The most important shortcoming for me is the lack of a PDF scheduling option for LinkedIn. I think this is a very necessary feature especially for B2B marketers. I also think it is necessary to integrate more social media accounts, especially for the free plan. I understand the scheduling limits, but I think every marketer, even if it is a free plan, needs to be able to use all social media accounts on the free plan to test the effectiveness of the product.

Joanmarie
Executive & Communications Assistant in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 501-1,000 Employees

Almost Perfect!

Comments: Hootsuite has always been my goto for businesses getting off the ground or those that are on a low budget. They offer such great and essential features in an easy-to-use platform. As a school district, we have an overwhelming amount of content that needs to go out and MUST be present on any and all social platforms. When I realized we could not hit all of the platforms we needed, and that we were limited to the number of posts, we were forced to make a shift to another platform. Hootsuite dashbord is awesome with the features it provides, but to a multitasking pro the dashboard was a bit intimidating - felt it could have been organized and simplified (not all features needed to have a button on the dashboard... categorize!)

Pros:

I love Hootsuite for it's creativity, content management features, scheduling, drafting, duplicating, and monitoring of content performance. In my mind they are a top competitor!

Cons:

There are a few small challenges that left me scratching my head. I did not like that I was so limited (even after purchasing the basic) on the platforms that I could post to - they are so close to perfection! Everyone should be free to post to every platform they need to... maybe limit the posts, monitoring, and reporting... but NOT the platforms!

Ben
Director of Communications in US
Higher Education, 11-50 Employees

Getting Better with Time

Comments: Overall, Hootsuite provides a single place to monitor multiple social media platforms, create branded and consistent marketing campaigns, schedule content in advance with easy oversight, and get insights into content performance.

Pros:

Hootsuite is a great way to set up a multi channel dashboard to have greater oversight of your social media channels. I appreciate that it covers all the major platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Cons:

At this point in time, users can't directly publish content to the Facebook and Instagram stories, which are major marketing tools. Where as you can pre schedule traditional posts, it's not an option for stories.

Thomas
Social Media & Content Specialist in Canada

A Good Option for Social Publishing and Monitoring

Comments: At my previous job I was using Hootsuite to start my day. I would sign on and schedule and publish posts for the duration of the day, or over the weekend or what have you. More recently, I've been using Hootsuite's free version to manage my personal online presence, scheduling posts related to my podcast or video channels. I find that more recently, the native Twitter app has been better for just scrolling through Twitter, but as far as posting goes, I prefer to use Hootsuite.

Pros:

One of my favorite things about Hootsuite is the ability to 'autoschedule' posts based on the time that you're likely to receive the most engagement. This takes a lot of the guesswork out of the job of a social media manager, as you can tend to labor over the details like whether or not something is emergent enough to post right now or whether you should wait to schedule it in the future. I find Hootsuite's customizable streams can be helpful in mitigating a lot of the noise that comes along with social media, but constant algoritm and UI updates to platforms like Twitter can make streams obsolete quickly. The platform is super simple to get set up and running with, and the free version (which I'm currently using for my personal accounts/projects) is perfectly serviceable for teams with 3 social accounts or fewer. I've never had to reach out to support, but Hootsuite's online presence is great and they're constantly providing materials that are helpful to social media managers.

Cons:

I find their integration with Instagram somewhat lacking. During my time with Hootsuite, I have scheduled countless Instagram posts, but the way the marriage between Instagram and Hootsuite Works means that you can schedule the post, but you need to open the app on your phone and hit send when the time comes to actually publish your post. I have missed so many Instagram posts because of this, and the fact that I only appear to get a notification when It's time to post on Instagram about half the time. I realize that this isn't necessarily all Hootsuite's fault, but this is a real downer, and leaves me wishing that the integration was better

Randi
Marketing Director in US
Internet, 2-10 Employees

One of the Original Content Schedulers and Management Systems!!!

Comments: Hootsuite is a great tool. I find it useful in scheduling large batches of content. For example, for a few clients I can plan out and schedule my entire 3 months worth of content. It's a great tool for an agency who may focus on one type of client, be able to "recycle" and reword similar posts and upload the content across multiple clients simultaneously through an excel upload! I personally like to use Hootsuite as my blueprint. I know I will get my content posts uploaded and out there. I still like to log onto individual social networks and post on there in real time . I like Hootsuite for managing and responding to comments and DMs as I prefer using a computer and typing and checking spelling. Don't use Hootsuite as your only tool. You really need to go into networks and manually update them as well. Hootsuite hasn't cracked down on LIVE yet either and live video is a great tool!

Pros:

I was one of the early adapters using Hootsuite. Originally all the options blew me away! Awesome to have on one dashboard all my social networks with multiple tabs in front of me. I also love that I could schedule the same posts and click off on multiple social networks. It's really good for marketers who can re-use content across multiple clients accounts, for example if I run a social media marketing agency and can use similar food content across all the food social media accounts that I follow. I also had liked I could build the posts in an excel and import it. I like your "university" and offering classes!!! I like your reports.

Cons:

Overtime as social media space evolved there were functions I wished you had sooner. Instagram posting and scheduling was very clunky when it first came out that it had to notify my clients to push through the Instagram post that I had done. It took you a while to integrate Pinterest. I'm not sure if you're able to let me schedule on someone's personal Facebook account (I know this was on Facebook but I wish this was easier to do!) . Hootsuite mobile-I personally don't use your mobile. I only use Hootsuite on desktop because of the breadth of multiple social networks and tabs.

Meisha
Marketing Manager in US
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees

Sufficient Free Tool for Social Media Scheduling

Comments: Hootsuite is a great free tool for beginners and small social media teams! It's easy to use and has just about all of the basics you could need to start scheduling and managing social.

Pros:

Hootsuite is a great free solution for basic social media management. I enjoy the dashboard customizations, where you can pull in different channels and features (ex: posts, timelines, mentions, etc.) all in one easy-to-manage interface. It also makes social listening easy versus having to log in and manage notifications manually on each individual platform. In general, Hootsuite is easy to learn given some experience with other SaaS platforms. The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate. And, they offer a ton of free resources to help you get up to speed with the platform and social media management in general, which is nice. With the free version, you can manage three social profiles. This is great for personal use or for managing in-house social, but not ideal for agencies or managing multiple clients/accounts. Surprisingly, however, you can schedule as many posts as you want within those three profiles, which is great for advanced planning.

Cons:

The integrations and features/functionality could be better. I personally prefer to use HootSuite to schedule tweets and prefer to schedule other content for Facebook and LinkedIn within the actual platforms. It's fine to use HootSuite in a pinch, but you are able to do a lot more customizations within the individual platforms. Kind of a pain to do it separate/manually, but you get a better post/product in return. For example, you often can't add multiple images to a post or do a carousel-style post as you could directly within Facebook. Like most SaaS products that have a free version, there are limitations. For anything more than managing in-house or personal social, you'd likely need to invest in one of the paid plans and really compare what's offered in HootSuite vs some of the other more enterprise solutions. The reporting is also fairly limited and you'll likely have to work within the platforms directly or use other tools to get a full picture of social media performance.

Account Executive in US

Love this social tool!

Comments: I saved ENORMOUS amounts of time with Hootsuite. I can't imagine doing all that it helped me do manually... from monitoring comments, to responding to people, to scheduling multiple posts a week on multiple platforms per week, to everything in between. Hootsuite really helped me streamline my job even when we had limited budgets and resources to do anything else.

Pros:

I used to do full-time social media management and was using Hootsuite constantly to schedule posts for my clients and track social conversations and mentions in real time. I love how simple and easy it is to use – you'd never think multiple columns across your screen would work or keep you sane... but it gets the job done! I can easily respond to people, retweet it, flag it and more. Another awesome think I love about Hootsuite is the ability you have to help gather content. I was constantly looking for things to retweet to get engaged with others online, so I used one of my columns to track particular keywords. I could then get real-time tweets and posts from people talking about the topics I wanted to engage with and retweet for the brands I was managing. Honestly that made my job 100x easier!

Cons:

I do know it has been a little clunky for me in the past. Sometimes keyword columns won't update and I've had to delete and recreate the search – or I would schedule posts and the photos wouldn't go out. I think they have fixed some of these issues over the years. There is also a maximum number of columns you can create in the free version, so I sometimes ran into issues where I wanted to use more features but couldn't. But, overall, I appreciate the value I got for the $$.

Harry
Digital Marketing Manager in UK
Retail, 51-200 Employees

Great tool, but feels like it could still do with something extra - better planning, more LinkedIn features

Comments: It might feel like it's missing a few extras, but generally its a really useful platform and out social media activity has been much better in terms or both organisation and analytics. There's also a massive community for Hootsuite so you can always find out how other people are using it. We used a Meltwater before and it was so scientific and clunky to set up we never ended up using it. We use Hootsuite daily now and the ability to shorten links is also really helpful.

Pros:

Really easy to use and so many resources. The platform is brilliant for scheduling and you don't even have to visit the other social platforms to post and engage with the audience. You can really customise the streams for each user which is great for productivity, and the analytics is really useful. As a manager, I only have to hop into the publisher section to see what posts are going out, how often we're posting, and what platform we're using most. Using the streams, I can set up one for all posts to check consistency and monitor engagement, one for competitor research, and one for searches, and then more platform specific streams so I can really dive into the nitty-gritty if I need to.

Cons:

It's very Twitter orientated, most of the useful streams like monitoring topical conversations etc are in Twitter (probably by nature of the Twitter platform), but I would like to see more feature on LinkedIn - so far there's only TWO streams; one to monitor Company Updates, and second to monitor scheduled posts (I can see this in the publisher planner anyway). It would be good to see similar monitoring streams for Hashtag conversations because this feature is applicable in LinkedIn as well as Twitter. The Publisher also feels like it's just missing something and I think it's the ability to 'plot' in posts rather than drafting out complete posts. For example when we're planning what activity we want to launch, we might not know what the full post is going to look like, but we might just want to plot in ideas which at the moment we have to do on a spreadsheet and then translate over to the Hootsuite publisher. It would be good to see this feature in the planner where we can plot ideas, and then fully draft them out later.

Virginia
Communications Manager in US

Manage and schedule your tweets (and posts) for SUITE results

Pros:

As a Hootsuite user for 7 years now, it is by far my favorite social media management software. Creating, optimizing, and posting social media for different platforms, etc. takes a lot more time than you would expect. Not only do you have to craft each post to fit each platform you’re posting to… you have to choose the best time, use the right hashtags, shorten URLS, and include something interesting (i.e. picture, video, content). Overall, what many believe will only take them 10 minutes, in reality it can take up 2-5 (or more) hours of your work week; even more when you include the content creation for the actual posting. Hootsuite is the best tool for compiling all your social media efforts into one dashboard you can work from and will definitely knock hours off your work week. PROS The best feature of Hootsuite is the time you will gain. Most social media platforms have a scheduling aspect to them but having to manually log in and out of each one, to do so, is not feasible or conducive for speed. Hootsuite provides you with analytics on each of your chosen platforms, located in its dashboard, to help you identify the most optimal time(s) to schedule each post to be sent out; this especially comes in handy for days you know you will be on the go and/or do not have access to technology. You can also scroll through past social media posts, save unfinished drafts, and boost posts for content promos; which will provide you with more insight and/or a better understanding of which of your efforts and/or CTA’s are working best. Hootsuite’s platform has various analytics and reports you can export so your team(s) can measure things like conversion rates, marketing and sales initiatives, and improvements in monthly social capital. One of the neat things about this platform is the option to purchase additional social media management applications for things like YouTube Analytics and video posting, Wordpress blog analytics and posting, Google Analytics, etc. Hootsuite also provides the option to export reports (including customized reports) on any of the platforms connected to your account, to measure competition, areas of improvement, click stats, and which platform is bringing in the largest amount of traffic to your website/content, etc. Because the company I work for uses another third-party application (Lead Liaison) to track visitors and traffic sources to our website, we use the free version of Hootsuite.

Cons:

One of the cons of Hootsuite is its inability to detect whether or not your traffic is originating from an actual human or an automated bot. This can interfere with your data and make it hard to decipher if the data you have access to is valid or not; this is true for Google Analytics as well. To avoid this, we use a third-party application for visitor tracking (Lead Liaison). You may get notifications that your social network(s) have been disconnected from your dashboard; don’t worry, you simply just have to reconnect them. Although I am not sure why this happens so often, I trust that this has nothing to do the security of my account and I always receive notifications when I sign in to my account from a new device, etc.

Abigail
Abigail
Social Media Specialist in Kenya
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees

Reliable and easy social media manager

Comments: Hootsuite and Buffer are my go to social media, despite the several other SM Managers that I've tried out. I work with 5 brands and I have to manage their social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn) I've been using Hootsuite (and Buffer) for three years but of the two Hootsuite is my favorite and my safe bet. I have a habit of testing out as many free marketing software's as I can find and in terms of social media marketing Hootsuite is the best. The interface is easy to use, and the tutorial available to each new signup is very helpful. I love being able to tag a Facebook page, Twitter profile or Instagram profile in a post. The android app is also fully functional on my Kindle Fire (Unlike Buffer) which is a plus. The Feedly> Hootsuite integration is a major plus, I've never used the Hootsuite RSS feed option even though I keep planning to, but I like being able to share informative posts from feedly (On my Kindle Fire) to Hootsuite. What I love the best is that the free plan unlike buffer lets you schedule as many posts as you want to 3 social media profiles. This is great because I can schedule a month worth of social media posts in three days unlike the 10 posts per profile restriction on the Buffer's free plan.
The analytics reports aren't very detailed and often I rely on Start a Fire as well as a variety of other software's to get in-depth analytics but the brands I work with do not understand or see the need for in-depth analysis so I suppose it's okay.
I'm not happy that Hootsuite doesn't support posts with multiple images, I learnt that the awkward way when I made a post with 3 pictures. I recommend Hootsuite for beginners and Individuals who want a simple, straight forward social media manager. Oh, and the Hootsuite academy is very insightful.

Pros:

It is one of the simplest Social media managers in the market, the freeplan is great because it provides essential features for beginners and experts at no cost. I also like the mini tutorial for new users, at the right side of the dashboard. I personally use Tweetdeck for social listening on Twitter but Hootsuite is also great for that.

Cons:

I dont like the fact that if i want to schedule a post with multiple images i'll have to schedule it directly on Facebook or on Tweetdeck for twitter.

Marketing Specialist in Qatar
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Perfect for individuals, business and agencies alike!

Pros:

As a marketeer, I was lucky enough to try a few different social media management platforms. Personally, Hootsuite has always been one of my favorites. The platform is quite easy to use, and setup. The interface is quite intuitive and on boarding new members normally takes us a few minutes. We easily managed multiple accounts and switched between them in single clicks. The mini profile icons helped our team differentiate between our different clients, so we had a smaller number of mistakes. But that's not all! Team collaboration is superb once you establish a professional account. Content review and approvals that is easy to set up. You can review comments and replies and assign them to other users, and even leaves comments and notes for them. You can review other users performance and get full reports on their work.

Cons:

Reporting is weak compared to other tools. And while I enjoy their pre-designed scheduled reports, I normally end up creating my own reports using other analytics tools that are more robust and provide more in-depth insights. While i enjoy setting up multiple topic columns to monitor, extracting the data is impossible and you will always need a listening tool to create monitoring and listening reports. I was on an older pricing plan for awhile now, but when I checked recently, they seem to have increased their pricing and are now quite pricey compared to some of the competing platforms, however, I still have a soft spot for them.

Shanna
Social Media Specialist in US
Marketing & Advertising, 501-1,000 Employees

Hootsuite: Best Social Scheduling Tool for Monitoring Comments

Comments: Overall, I love Hootsuite for it's social monitoring capabilities and reporting capabilities, but better yet, my clients really responded to the updated reporting from our previous vendors. The real meat of the reports are at the beginning, which holds my clients attention spans better and gets them the information they actual want quickly and in an easy-to-digest manner.

Pros:

My department is currently in the process of shopping social scheduling/monitoring/reporting tools (i.e. Buffer, Sprout, Hubspot, etc.), and Hootsuite is one that I was assigned to test. The feature I enjoyed best was definitely the feeds setup. Unlike other providers I've used, Hootsuite allows you to set up different feeds (i.e. mentions, hashtags, etc.). This allows me to monitor all platforms and mentions, and even keep tabs on things like certain keywords I can respond quickly. For instance, I manage the social presence for a popular sporting goods company, and I can search for FAQs on Twitter and quickly provide an answer and a link, all while responding to different DMs across our other social platforms. On Sprout Social, everything was aggregated into one feed. I prefer to have it parsed out so I can know how to modify my answers quickly depending on the platform. I also really liked the reporting options - the reporting templates are set up so the bulk of the numbers are at the beginning, rather than below the fold, which has been great for clients with short attention spans.

Cons:

The UI seems a bit dated. The features themselves are great, so it truly doesn't matter, but it's just not as modern and beautiful as other platforms. I don't think it's changed much, looks-wise, since when I last used it in a previous role 5+ years ago. It has no effect on actual usability, but an update would make it feel less clunky and more intuitive.

Suhailah
Suhailah
Administrative Assistant in Malaysia
Retail, 501-1,000 Employees

All about Hootsuite

Pros:

Hootsuite is a must haev platform for marketing media managers who want to make better use of their time, acquire insights into their messaging and audiences, and connect with customers more regularly to expand their following. Hootsuite is a great application that I would suggest to everyone who utilizes social media for business. It allows you to track hashtags, scheduled tweets, learn about your audience, and obtain insights into which messages are the most popular.

Cons:

The limitation on the number of streams you may have is something I dislike about Hootsuite. They also have several payment levels, which give you additional options, but it might be challenging to figure out which one is best for you. My company switched back and forth through free and premium trials several times a year since we couldn't determine which was best for us, so I suggest doing some study into all of the features associated with the various tiers before committing.