15 years helping Singaporean businesses

About Asana

Asana organizes and manages work across teams at scale.

Learn more about Asana

Pros:

Furthermore, Asana's extremely adjustable and attractive GUI makes interacting with it a lot more enjoyable. It was well worth the money.

Cons:

When you set up a new account, you naturally are opted in to the email notifications, which can be really annoying and a pain to remove. My only suggestion to the Asana team would be to change that.

Asana ratings

4.3

8.4/10

Asana has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 12,590 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Asana before?

Filter reviews (12,590)

Joe
Joe
Co-Founder in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Great For Communication & Connectivity

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, Asana is a great program to stay in communication with co-workers.

Pros:

Being able to connect with peers from anywhere instantly.

Cons:

It can get a little crowded without a maintenance crew.

DENNIS KUBAI
Head of Operations in Lithuania
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

Multiple Projects Management,Team and Projects Collaboration and Online Billing Expertise

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Reliability on cloud PM, TM and task management. Internal departmental cloud meetings scheduling and rescheduling.

Pros:

How I easily monitor,commence and track several projects at the same time. Cloud team collaboration thro' BIM persistent chats. File sharing and content management. Subscription billing and invoicing. Online products and services branding and promotions as well as E-marketing campaign. Workflow Management, tasks updating, editing and online proofing. Impressive architecture and web-user-interface design expertise.

Cons:

I would just double thumb Asana's products vendor.

Rob
ceo in US
Oil & Energy, 2–10 Employees

Charged me 4 months x $150 after telling them to cancel it...and would not refund

3.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: The app is quite good .... the customer service leaves a LOT to be desired!! They billed my card 4 times ($150 per time) when it was supposed to have been switched temporarily to a free account. I was talked into this versus canceling. Well, now it IS canceled! I will fight for my $600 back. They charged my card without authorization. Their service dept was useless. They caused me more hours of work to dig through all my old emails and still did not refund....... worse, the gal I was emailing with told me there was no way to escalate my claim!! .......... BEWARE!!!!!

adam
Graphic Designer in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Task Management

Comments: generally once you get to grips with creating tasks and then subtasks and dependants its extremely powerful and great for project management once you set the project up!

Pros:

simple to use and setup tasks quickly, ad job notes and files, the ability to send a task from other platforms - Slack, Email etc

Cons:

start and end dates are the options for the tasks this doesn't always coincide for large jobs where you want to specify a day to do the job within that period without using a sub-task within the task. with this it sits in your overdue tasks when in reality its not always overdue if its a task for multiple days.

Alternatives Considered: Trello

Reasons for Choosing Asana: combination of reasons but the main one was to condense the workflow into a single management tool that did everything in one place to save duplication of task HR

Switched From: Jira and Trello

Reasons for Switching to Asana: cost and did what we wanted to do all in a single application

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Useful to Manage your Tasks & Projects

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall if we talk about management and client interaction, it is useful as it has transparency of all tasks and deadline for the projects.

Pros:

I got to know about asana in my corporate life to keep track of the projects. And now as a freelancer, i use asana to manage my daily tasks and keep track of my clients work too.

Cons:

It is easy to use in Desktop but for mobile application i found it bit tough to operate.

Alternatives Considered: Trello

Reasons for Switching to Asana: Asana is new and people need to spend time to understand the features and how it works. but i found Trello is easier one which not that much complex features.

Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Asana streamlined all of our internal & external processes

Pros:

Since implementing, we've made huge progress in having standardized processes & workflows across our agency. This helps a lot in efficiency & workload management.

Cons:

Sometimes it's hard to find projects and keep the overview in many projects

Tembi
Executive Director in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Asana Gets the Job Done

4.0 last month New

Comments: Overall, it wasn't a bad experience, but we decided to switch to Clikup for a more user-friendly interface for our team.

Pros:

I like the project and task management features.

Cons:

I thought that the interface of Asana could be more user-friendly.

Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

A falling leader

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I think it's good. It's a great stepping stone for those just entering the realm of project management.

Pros:

I like the simplicity. We transitioned to ClickUp, but newcomers to the company use Asana for their first 6 months as they get the hand of a project management software and get trained weekly on click up.

Cons:

The lack of automation, and the fact that's hard to build a very custom and complex workflow without the excessive use of APIs

Karin
Karin
Executive Director in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Asana is everything you need to manage teams and tasks

5.0 last month New

Comments: We used Asana to create dedicated communication channels for various projects. It's great to organize files and to keep visibility for everyone on the up to the minute updates as work is being done. It's like the best of texts, emails and Google drive/tasks combined.

Pros:

Rather than a million emails that can be difficult to track, Asana allows staff to communicate in organized ways about tasks, deliverables, projects and deadlines in a way that's transparent for all parties.

Cons:

Getting folks to be on board with giving up their email reliance to switch to Asana is the hardest part. But if you can get over that hurdle it's a great tool.

Alternatives Considered: Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Asana: Asana felt more professional than Basecamp. It felt more appropriate for a staff environment as opposed to a hobby or club.

Jessica
Jessica
Business Owner in Australia
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Easy to use Project and Event Management Tool

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

I like how easy it is to implement and just hit the ground running. When getting started what you are offered on the free plan is amazing!!! The support team are happy to help

Cons:

I don't really have any cons, as the Asana team are happy to keep evolving the product and working with the users.

Monica
Founder/Owner in US
Publishing, Self Employed

Oasis for the Cluttered Mind

Comments: I have a lot of plans for my business and have had people come in and out to help me with those plans, mainly virtual assistants. Those VA's have been in the country and out, and Asana has been easy for everyone to work with and communicate via. I have had people suggest other things like Trello, which I have used and have no problems with, but I like the depth and continued simplicity of Asana and have not plans to switch.

Pros:

It'a tough to pick one thing that I love, but I think if I had to, it's the fact that when I have an annoying to-do list in my head that I know I am going to want to share with a team member or some other contractor I will bring on to help me with something in my business, I can go to Asana to create a list, do a brain dump and add dates and other info as I come up with them. No need to look for paper (as much as I like to write things by hand) and no need to worry about leaving that written list at home the one time I am away from it and want to add to it. Asana is easy to use and has lots of stuff that gets me by as a free user. When I am ready to take on the expense, it will open up even more great features.

Cons:

The expense. It's not bad for one person, but I have a little team that I intend to expand. The fee for Asana is per user. It's worth it. I am sure of that, but as a semi-solopreneur who has a few people to help me from time to time and who wants to solidify things so those team members are a definite fixture, I won't look to take on the expense until I know my business can pay for it.

Alternatives Considered: Trello

Reasons for Switching to Asana: More features to help capture a million thoughts running around my brain that I needed to organize and share with others who are not local to me.

tammie
creator in US
Retail, Self Employed

helps me run my business

Comments: asana is keeping me totally organized. i have a very specific list of what needs to get done each day. at a glance, i can see what i have next for every single project and i can see what i have planned for the day and the week. (i love the calendar view for my tasks!) it's SUCH a great feeling to check off all the items you have on tap for the day! and it's not just mindless checking off tasks, it's getting me closer to my big goals.

Pros:

keeps me super organized because i'm a one-woman show and i can't keep it all straight without asana! i love that you can view things on a calendar and sync to your ical or google calendar. i love that you can create different projects and can create subtasks. i don't have a team, but it has tons of great features to assign and keep track of tasks for teams. i check in on my tasks multiple times a day on asana to keep me focused and it has helped me accomplish more than i thought possible. i also love that you have the option to create kanban boards. you can create recurring tasks which is super helpful. i have all of my projects color coordinated and have due dates set so it keeps me super organized. and it's free!!

Cons:

i wish you could switch from list view to kanban view, but you have to select one or the other when setting up a new project. also, since i am a single user, i wish it would automatically assign all tasks to me, but i have to enter it every time. (if you don't assign a task to yourself, it won't show up in "my tasks") i check in multiple times a day to my tasks, so i have to make sure i have assigned all the tasks to myself so they show up and don't slip through the cracks. i also wish that when i completed a task, it would be removed from my inbox. (instead, i just manually archive all items in my inbox every couple days)

Web Developer in Mexico
Internet, Self Employed

Simple and easy task management

Comments: I use this as a quick way to jot down ideas, suggestions and tasks when communicating with clients and then I can come back and expand on the tasks with more details when I have more time. Adding in sections to distinguish priority and time-frames is nice as well.

Pros:

It's so easy to setup a project and add in tasks when in a rush. It's extremely easy to invite people to join your organisation and being able to have up to 15 for free is amazing. I find the option of being able to view tasks in both a list and board view very useful.

Cons:

I use it in a very simple manner just to manage ideas and tasks on different projects so currently there are no cons. A few years ago I did find it to load slowly but they have fixed it and increased the speed.

Alternatives Considered: Jira

Reasons for Choosing Asana: I preferred the layout and having the list view.

Switched From: Trello

Reasons for Switching to Asana: For my use case Asana is a lot simpler and easier to manage.

Dave
Director in UK
Design, 2–10 Employees

Fantastic project management app

Comments: Very pleased with Asana for project management and I now use it with any project that has milestones and multiple people involved. I tried many project management apps but Asana was the clear winner. And as it is free it is a no brainer!

Pros:

I really like the way you can structure a project and see what has been done, and what is left to do on one screen. Many apps hide completed tasks but with Asana you see everything. Assigning tasks, due dates and commenting on tasks is very easy. I also like the different ways you an view milestones (list view, calendar view, etc).

Cons:

Customers sometimes found it a bit hard to get started. I'm not sure if this is anything to do with Asana or with clients just getting used to something new. Once I had a 5 minute phone conversation to go through it with them, they were on board and using it easily. Some clients switched over to using it exclusively.

Alternatives Considered: Basecamp

Reasons for Choosing Asana: I found Basecamp a bit clunky to use and I really didn't like how completed tasks could only be viewed by going to another screen.

Switched From: Basecamp

Benjamin
Developer in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Asana Makes Projects Easy

Comments: Using Asana has been simple and effective. It has been very easy to manage the day to day, mid range & long term tasks that I need to stay on top of. Asana's user-friendly & intuitive interface has made it a welcome addition to my workflow management!

Pros:

The thing I like most about Asana is the ease with which you can update a task. Asana has a very simple & intuitive interface. It was very easy to update the tasks, create new tasks, make notes, etc., all from the home screen.

Cons:

I have been using the free version, so not all features are available to me. I would like be able to create multiple projects, but I think that is available in the paid version. For now, and for what I've been using the program to assist with, I don't have any cons about Asana.

Alternatives Considered: Todoist

Reasons for Choosing Asana: The last task manager I used was Todoist, but I hadn't used it for some time. I had a friend recommend Asana to me, and he gave me a tour of the product. After that it was easy. Asana was the choice for me!

Switched From: Todoist

Reasons for Switching to Asana: I liked the user interface and the ability to quickly update tasks. Plus I had used the paid version and it seemed all the same features were available on the free version of Asana, so I made the switch. To me, if I upgrade to the paid version, it DEFINITELY seems more powerful than Todoist.

Scott
Assistant Director of Operations in US
Higher Education, 501–1,000 Employees

Keeping the Team on Task

Comments: Outstanding. My primary goal using Asana was to replace the traditional procedure manual with something more robust and dynamic. The ability to schedule, repeat, and assign tasks means I complete and and forget it and until I'm reminded on the next cycle. Everything I need is contained in the project.

Pros:

Easy to enter data and uploading of attachment to tasks. Very much appreciate the ability to have a conversation about the task in the task and not fill up my email. Customizable fields are a huge plus because I can track details and progress in a manner that meets my work style. Like the ability to drag and drop and colorize different things to make spotting what I'm looking for easier.

Cons:

Although you can add followers to tasks, inability to assign multiple team members to the same task without duplicating the tasks is frustrating. There several small user interface things I would improve about Asana. I wish the project list could own the entire left hand column instead of sharing with with other high level functions. Those could be moved to the top. Having to click "Show more Projects" to view the whole list is unnecessary.

Alternatives Considered: monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Asana: We were already using the free version and had loaded up lots of information into the system. Switching to a different system with minimal differences would not be worth it. Different systems work differently, but they all accomplish roughly the same tasks. No significant benefits would be gained from making the change.

Memory
Memory
Website Designer in US
Broadcast Media, 11–50 Employees

Fantastic task management software!

Comments: I started using this software at a previous job then, when starting here, quickly found out that not all task-management tools are created equal. The one we were using was not very functional and people tasks were constantly getting lost in the shuffle. The other website designer that started after me had also used Asana before so we started using it to manage the development of the site we were designing. We told another team about it and they started using it as well. It eventually caught on and we convinced the higher-ups to purchase an upgraded plan and implemented it company wide. There are so many great features. It's impossible to narrow down my favorite. But I will say that it makes managing tasks so easy and helps my addled brain stay organized and focused. There are different modes for how you view your tasks allowing users to choose one that they prefer. For example, there's a calendar view, a list view, a Trello-type layout, and more. I also LOVE that it's offers so much flexibility in how tasks are organized. You can set up different teams and assign certain people to be in those teams. Within the teams you can create projects, then breaks those down into tasks. Within the teams you can create multiple levels of subtasks - for example, a subtasks inside a subtasks inside the main task. This is a really great feature for me, being a website designer, because there are so many steps involved in creating a site.

Pros:

What's not to like?! The customer service is great, there are multiple training videos to help you learn about all the different features and how to use them, it's GREAT for staying organized when you have a million different projects you are working on at once, it makes delegating projects and tasks very easy... Beyond all the great task-related features, one of my favorite things is the quirky animations - when marking complete on a task you'll occasionally get a celebratory animation (kind of a geeky, digital pat on the back) my favorite being a unicorn that flies across your screen. This is obviously not something that's necessary or a way to help users stay more organized, but it is fun and adds a little extra flair to the software. (Yes, it's the little things that excite me. 😆)

Cons:

As with any software that is customizable and has a lot of features, there is a learning curve to using Asana. There are so many different settings and features, it can take a while to learn the ins and outs of using it. But, as I already said previously, they provide a plethora of training videos and have excellent customer service when you need to contact them. One specific thing I wish was different is how the repeating tasks are set up. As of now, when a task is set to repeat, the next task doesn't show up until the previous one has been marked as complete. It would be nice to see all the repeating tasks (especially in the calendar format) so you can get an accurate view of all the tasks you have coming up for the upcoming months. It's not a major inconvenience, but something I would suggest that the developers implement in a future update.

Emily
Founder & CEO in Canada
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Made scaling my podcast agency so easy!

Comments: I've been using Asana for years for a number of different purposes. I really appreciate the broad feature set and the fact that the Asana team continues to improve the system, without completely overhauling how the whole thing works and looks. The consistency has been so good!

Pros:

Using Asana made it possible to create a repeatable process that anyone on my team can follow and implement. That means that we're able to scale rapidly and bring on new clients without panicking that we won't be able to handle the new workload. We absolutely love that each client is managed via their own project, and within each project we have their entire podcast calendar mapped out for the year ahead. This is essential so that we can plan team workload, and know when to hire.

Cons:

The only thing I wish was available is a calendar view for each project that lists subtasks. Since each client has a primary task for each episode, and sub-tasks are listed underneath that, it would be great to use the drag and drop feature for subtasks easily in one view for that specific project.

Alternatives Considered: Trello

Reasons for Switching to Asana: I really like the UX of Asana over other project management tools

Sim
Mobile Marketing in Germany
Entertainment, 501–1,000 Employees

Perfect Project Management Software

Comments: We could easily organize a small team with Asana, create sub task of larger projects and assign responsibilities.

Pros:

Very easy to use and understand Versatile in its functionalities Good templates for 1:1 or any other possibility to organize your tasks with your manager or team Good free functionality Lifesaving reminders! And unicorn rewards for finishing tasks

Cons:

It is not as userfriendly when trying to attach pictures / files, as other programs. Not everything can be dragged an dropped. Sometimes it is a bit fiddly when trying to move tasks to other groups

Alternatives Considered: Jira and Trello

Reasons for Choosing Asana: Asana is more versatile than trello boards for organizing. Asana even has the same functinality + many others

Reasons for Switching to Asana: Most easy to use Good prior experience

Emanuela
Emanuela
PM in Italy
International Affairs, 2–10 Employees

Asana is a great task management tool

Comments: I was awarded a small but important project for my department, as it could bring significant benefit to the business in the future if managed in an optimally way.
Instead of relying on the many rounds of emails that are exchanged between project managers and other people involved, I decided to simply proceed to create a project on Asana Basic.
The first time I used It.
This allowed us to keep track of everything that matters, giving us an overview of where we are going.
Asana allowed us to monitor the workflows on our teams and see the progress of the work at any time, saving endless updating meetings. Time we all know how crucial it is.

Pros:

- Asana's interface is extremely well designed, the best possible way for a fun and inviting user experience. I hope you enjoy using it as much as we enjoyed using it. - Asana is an excellent communication tool, it allows you to eliminate a lot of stress from disorganization in communicating with the team. Problems, requests for feedback, clarifications, questions, and suggestions, will all end up in the activities through the appropriate comment function. The only one allowed. - Trying Asana Basic, with a team of up to 15, for free, allowed me to work with three small teams, breaking down projects into manageable tasks and setting deadlines for completion. The ability to share documents between teams has also proved useful. -Asana Basic allowed us to download the app for iOS or Android devices to work and consult updates wherever we are, even offline. We like it.

Cons:

1. It was not easy to set up a project at the beginning, the learning curve is tough. In Asana, projects are containers that allow you to create one or more tasks within them. This is the furthest away from a Project Manager's concept of a project. 2. I found that having to start over every time I created a project, even when it was repeatable, was like wasting time. 3. In the free plan, you cannot create private projects, meaning that the project is visible and editable by every member of the team. 4. Asana organizes all resources horizontally, flattening their hierarchy. There are no different roles, just people and tasks. 5. The management of risk situations and the consequent negotiation between the resources involved in the project is not envisaged. 6. This is a very serious shortcoming, especially for those who work remotely. It is not possible to assign an hourly or daily cost to resources that are part of the team.

Penny
Communications & Events Coordinator in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Review for Asana

Comments: I truly appreciate it. I have used it in my previous company and I also use it in my personal life. I tried to introduce it to my husband for work and our personal use, as well as my new job but people are finding it difficult to use. I believe in it and want to use it even more at work but without the other staff using it, I can only use it as a task list for myself - still satisfied with that though, I love it! Overall, Asana is a great tool for planning and organizing, I will always support it!

Pros:

I really appreciate the tracking features, Asana has allowed me to stay on top of my work and responsibilities by way of some very supportive features. I like being able to create checklists and checking off tasks that have been completed. I like that I can use this to plan out future events and use it for brainstorming. I also like you can set reminders of tasks but still be able to edit them.

Cons:

I wish I was able to assign multiple people to one task. Also, Asana is not super user-friendly to those that are not used to it. I learned about Asana through my previous job, I tried to implement it with my new coworkers but they are not comfortable using it as it was not as user-friendly for them. I would suggest providing how-to videos for users to follow as support isn't strong either.

Alternatives Considered: Slack

Reasons for Switching to Asana: It was not my choice when I worked at a previous job but, now that I know its benefits, I still continue to use it at my new place of employment.

Human Resources, 11–50 Employees

Manage projects online and collaborate easily with the Asana solution

Comments: In the end, I recommend researching and trying Asana for yourself to determine if it's the right project management tool for your needs.

Pros:

I've used the Asana solution to manage several projects over the course of my career. From experience, I can say that this tool guarantees ease of use, allowing me to delegate tasks and track the progress of my team's work without getting in the way. The software enables my staff to meet deadlines for the completion of activities. In short, thanks to this online project management and collaboration solution, we've been able to increase our productivity.

Cons:

Despite all the good things I think of the Asana management tool, I find that its interface could be less cluttered with options, as this aspect often poses difficulties for my team members. Indeed, my collaborators have difficulty finding and using some of the platform's specific functionalities.

Adam
Engineer in Canada
Civil Engineering, 51–200 Employees

Great Tool for Progress Tracking and Group Collaboration

Comments: We have been able to streamline group organization and collaboration into a single source. Asana has helped to keep current lists of project related tasks, and ensure team members are aware of, and completing tasks by the given completion target dates. Asana has also helped to reduce email clutter caused from frequent 'back and forth' emails for small comments between team members by providing a single location to comment on, and update statuses of tasks. Overall, Asana has been a great tool that has provided a significant positive change in the way we communicate and track project statuses in our team.

Pros:

The excellent user interface provides for a clean and organized way to add tasks to your list, edit tasks, and cross tasks off when completed. As I primarily use this software for business purposes for collaboration with team members within my office, it is a one-stop-shop that has eliminated paper checklists, sticky notes, and "to-do" lists, by combining all of these in a slick web interface. The ease of use results in frequent task updates which can be viewed and commented on by the entire team, ensuring tasks are not missed or forgotten. As I am often working on many projects simultaneously throughout the week, the convenience of adding new projects and tasks to individual projects is extremely helpful to stay organized, view all of the pending tasks, and schedule time accordingly based on completion dates you have inputted for each task. Another great feature is linking emails to certain projects in Asana; a quick copy of the URL for the project in the platform, and you can easily send emails and attachments directly into Asana for effortless filing. As a free software, Asana is an excellent tool to use for group collaboration, or for personal use to make sure you are effectively managing checklist, tasks and projects.

Cons:

The major downside to Asana used in a working environment is that tasks can't be assigned priorities, which can result in frequent check-ins on the list to ensure you are prioritizing tasks properly. A color-coded priority method would be extremely helpful in elevating high priority tasks above the rest. As Asana is a cloud-based software, latency can sometimes be an issue resulting in a delay in typing and moving between projects and tasks, though this is only a minor convenience.

Shashank
Shashank
Digital Marketing Analyst in India
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Easiest Way to Manage Your Team Work and Tasks Handling

Comments: We have many promoting enactments spread over different time spans and over numerous brands we own. Having the option to arrange the entirety of this successfully and keep everybody on time has been a huge assistance and has spared us endless long stretches of time. We utilize this apparatus day by day to keep everybody on target, and I was unable to be more joyful with the outcomes. We have seen an improvement in announcing guidelines since we began utilizing Asana. Colleagues are straightforward and it is anything but difficult to see everything and help those that are having difficulties finishing ventures.

Pros:

It's anything but difficult to actualize and to installed new clients. The interface is alluring and instinctive. New highlights are showing up at regular intervals - the as of late included Portfolio/Workload include is splendid. Presently I get the Gantts I have to screen my group's remaining task at hand and our numerous undertakings. Incredible labeling and search capacities make it exceptionally easy to monitor our horde promoting enactments and all their related expectations. Including subtasks and including teammates errands makes it extremely simple to monitor who needs to do what and by when. Different perspectives like records, schedules, and kanban sheets make it open to everybody in the group who thinks and cycles data in an unexpected way. The UX is perfect and basic, and the 'my undertakings' and 'inbox' highlights help us all monitor what's going on in our allocated zones.

Cons:

The main con I have is that there is fairly a lofty expectation to absorb information for a portion of the further developed highlights, and there's some genuine reasoning and truly difficult work needed to get everything spread out and composed in the device and afterward get everybody onboarded. Be that as it may, I think this is likely going to be the situation with any group embracing a task the executives instrument. Despite the fact that it gives the choice to make sure about archives and information from altering by empowering the remark just element, it doesn't limit survey of the information of which it is a component they can add to ensure there is choice on who can see information among the colleagues.

Claudia
CEO in Mexico
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

The heart of my business is in Asana.

5.0 last month New

Comments: The desktop version of Asana is the first thing I open each day; it helps me prioritize and review what I need to do each day and how I should follow up on tasks assigned to my team. Thanks to using it, I can save time and complete my daily, weekly, and monthly goals.

Pros:

Asana has helped me to organize and build the processes of my business. It allows me to bring my quarterly and annual plans to reality and communicate with my team efficiently to complete both small and large projects.

Cons:

So far, I have not found anything I dislike about the platform; all the functions I use are useful.

Alternatives Considered: Notion