15 years helping Singaporean businesses

About Teamwork.com

Teamwork.com is the only platform built for scaling client work. The best balance of functionality, price, and ease of use.

Learn more about Teamwork.com

Pros:

Integration with other apps / software. Ease of use for team members.

Cons:

The CRM is pretty bad at the moment. Needs quite a bit of work.

Teamwork.com ratings

4.3
4.4
4.3
4.4

8.5/10

Teamwork.com has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 856 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Teamwork.com before?

Paul B
Paul B
Chief Online Strategitst in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Teamwork is great software for tracking Projects!

Comments: I have had a great overall experience with Teamwork. It is an incredibly versatile and user-friendly software that has helped our team be more organized and productive. The ability to assign tasks, collaborate on projects, and track progress has been a huge help for our team. I would definitely recommend this software to anyone looking for an effective way to manage projects and tasks. Overall, Teamwork is an awesome software that I would highly recommend!

Pros:

1. The ability to assign tasks and track progress is a great feature.2. The interface is user-friendly and easy to navigate.3. The pricing is very affordable compared to other project management software.

Cons:

The pricing started to get more expensive when we needed to add additional team members to the plan.

Irene
Irene
Owner Founder in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Quite Good

Comments: Overall we still really like this software as we tried monday.com for iur team and it was a really bad fit for ourselves and our clients so we went back to teamwork.

Pros:

I like that you can have long task descriptions (unlike monday.com) and the commenting layout is very easy to read and follow (unlike monday).

Cons:

I'm not crazy about the bew modern look and layout, it's difficult to view a task in full screen mode which is really needed because in our compqny we write very long task descriptions. And also the My Tasks view used to be better wherr I could see my tasks chronologically without the separators of "past due" "this week" etc. I used to just only see tasks within the next fee days instead of having to see all tasks assigned to me and after their updates that changed.

Christopher
SEO Manager in UK

Comprehensive project management tool

Comments: Overall a great tool, steep learning curve to start, but great once you get going.

Pros:

I really like the timer function on project tracking, you can start a timer as you begin work, if you need to take a break stop the timer and start again when work is resumed. You can easily keep timings accurate.

Cons:

It can be quite overwhelming to start with, there are a lot of functions and not many are sign posted with information on what they are.

Jim
Chief Innovation Officer in US
Higher Education, 11–50 Employees

Great people & lots of useful features but clunky to navigate and missing some critical pieces

Comments: Good people and great support. Good value for the $ -- that's why we're using it. Lot's of useful features but hard to find them. UI is very clunky/difficult to navigate, especially when you have a large number of projects. Need to slim down, improve the UI. That's our biggest gripe. Need more development on the "meta" side -- across all projects/teams. That's what makes it so hard for us to navigate. It's really more geared to the project rather than the "enterprise" level, but how many groups that need software like this have fewer than 10 projects? Probably not many. So, further development of the site with the "meta" perspective in mind should be a priority. Also would be good to be able to generate timesheets that integrate salary/pay rate by person/project (you already have that info, it just doesn't do the math, creating the need for work arounds). Comments are troublesome -- it's convenient to use the comment function because often communications are driven by the needs of a given task. But then, when you mark the task as completed, the comments (and associated attachments) disappear too. I know there are other ways to get to them, but it's clunky. Messages don't feel like the answer, because then you lose the task context. I think you could do a comment board per project, separated/demarcated by task list or task, and get rid of messages (or, make messages enterprise wide) Finally, I'm not finding the "integrations" all that...well...integrative! I'm not really getting the advantage of the Dropbox integration and the Freshbooks integration is so limited as to not be very valuable. Lest I come across as disgruntled, let me emphasize that we like the product and the people running it. We want to stay and grow with you. We switched to you from Asana and there's no comparison in terms of features and ability to manage a large number of people and projects. Thanks

Pros:

see review

Cons:

see review

7 years ago

Hi Jim, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate your feedback. We're delighted to hear that you're happy you made the switch to Teamwork Projects from Asana. Regarding improving the UI - as you can see from our roadmap https://www.teamwork.com/roadmap, a nicer dashboard is next on our priority list, so you should see some improvements to that really soon. I'll pass on all your feedback to our team here for their consideration. Thanks for passing it on to us. Best regards, Therese

Nathalie
Project Lead in Australia
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Great system for project management

Comments: We've reviewed just about all the systems on the market and found Teamwork to be the best one for what we need. We love using it and can recommend it for anyone in software or web development to manage their projects.

Pros:

Teamwork is easy to use, and has all the features we require available within our plan. The plans are really good (no need to upgrade for every little thing). We love the ability to easily organise, time-track and manage our projects, and the integrated chat app as well.

Cons:

it'd be great if there was an option to make the board view the default instead of the list, it can be challenging to make the board view work efficiently

Casey
Product Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Great set of features

Comments: Teamwork has a great set of features. Projects, Gantt charts, tasks, sub tasks, due date/time span, dependencies, priorities, task timer, templates, and billing and invoicing. Just to name a few. I can send invoices for billable hours in a flash and because I can see the workload I can spread it out evenly and appropriately.We don't have many negative items here and we have a lot of positives.

Pros:

I like its intuitive interface most of all. I like customizing my account and projects visually. Creating teams and assignments is something I like as a manager.

Cons:

Integrations were easier with Zapier. It did work natively, but it just wasn't as productive.

Kane
Founder in UK
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Swiss Army Knife

Comments: Its good i like it, CS very responsive, never breaks, easy for internal PM, can't ever get clients to use it properly [maybe just our clients!]

Pros:

Great tool, easy to get going but offers much more scope and complexity shiould you need it or as your projects / business grows

Cons:

To get the best needs time and learning to develop areas further to really enhance it Chat/slack, CRM and other options are all extra cost which builds up

Meredith
Senior Digital Marketing Strategist in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Teamwork Makes the Dream Work!

Comments: Great experience over the past 5 years, and we will continue to use this as our Project Management system. 10/10!

Pros:

Easy to use and navigate, keeps our team on track with multiple projects and deadlines (which is critical for a marketing agency with so many clients to keep track of). Overall great experience and we will continue to use!

Cons:

There isn't anything I've encountered that I do not like about Teamwork.

Sherri
Sales and Marketing Support Specialist in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

A solid platform for project management

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall it's a good resource. I use it almost every day. I think the historical value of being able to look back and steps in a project has value.

Pros:

It's very clearly organized for projects and assignments.

Cons:

I think the search feature could be a bit more streamlined. I would have liked formal training for all of us on how to maximize our usage of the platform.

Nick
Marketing in Israel
Internet, 51–200 Employees

User Friendly Task Scheduling

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

The design is user friendly and intuitive. Doesn't require a lot of training for new users to use.

Cons:

I can't really think of anything negative about it.

Eric
Operations Manager in US
Publishing, 11–50 Employees

More than Project Management

Comments: I've loved communicating with customer service at Teamwork from day 1. They're super-response—like, they're so quick to answer questions and offer help. We often use Teamwork Project in ways that aren't traditionally "project management projects," and so I've had to ask the support team at Teamwork how I might utilize the functionality to get the desired end results. And you know what? They've come back with solutions more often than not, even taking the time to prepare a demo that we'd web conference through.

Pros:

• Teamwork is always innovating and releasing new features/functionality. And they are great at publicizing the new features/functionality, allowing you to beta test, and all the while it doesn't screw up the work you've been doing. • It's cloud-based. • It's packed full of things you'll likely never use, but because there's so much stuff, the core of what you use it for is that much better. • The design is elegant.

Cons:

• The exported reporting functionality isn't always as attractive as I'd like, but that may have changed since I last used it. Our team does use import/export for the management of tasks, and that's been a godsend for many of our projects. So, really, not too much to dislike.

5 years ago

Hi Eric, Thanks for the feedback on Teamwork Projects! We were so happy to see a 10/10 score from you - we agree, but might be slightly biased! Features, features, and more features! Our team like to keep busy and innovative to bring our customers the best possible product, so we are glad to see that you like them! Great news Eric, we are working on improvements for the export feature so bare with us and it will be better than ever before! As a final note, thank you for the feedback for our amazing support team! We couldn't agree more, they are a fantastic bunch - and now are available 24/7! I'll be sure to pass on your kind words to the team! Many thanks, Nancy at Teamwork :)

Stacie
Technical director in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Incredibly detailed project management software

Comments: I used Teamwork at a larger agency I worked with before (13ish employees) so when I opened my own business I decided to use it again for myself and my co-founder. I find the email reminders particularly helpful so I don't have to pester my co-founder to get her tasks done on time. She was really impressed to see how I could create a task list and assign estimates to it so she could draft up a proposal knowing exactly how long it would take me to get a project done.

Pros:

The ability to create subtasks, apply time estimates, set percentages on task completion, back-and-forth commenting area on tasks, ability to set milestones, the 'Everything' view to see what tasks are assigned to you, email reminders for upcoming or past due dates - they really thought about EVERY detail of managing a software or web related project.

Cons:

I can imagine it being overwhelming for someone to get started with. I've been using it for years so I'm grown accustomed to it now, but you might want to watch a training video or have someone walk you through all the features, even if you only end up using a few of them.

4 years ago

Hi Stacie, Thanks for leaving us a review of Teamwork Projects. I'm delighted to see that you have enjoyed our software and that it has helped by improving the way you work! Onboarding to any new software can be quite daunting but we are working on some new and exciting ways to help with this! Our resource centre on our website is full of tips and tricks, alongside our knowledge filled support team! You'll find them at [email protected]. Many thanks, Nancy at Teamwork

Nicci
Project and Quality Manager in UK

Teamwork Support

Comments: We've been able to make far better business decisions now that we have Teamwork. We can see how long it takes to deliver work, identify bottlenecks and inefficiencies, whether our clients are profitable, our staff are working within a reasonable level of capacity. The amount of visibility we have over project health now is greater than ever before.

Pros:

What I love about Teamwork is how easy it is to use and navigate. Training new members of staff on the system is really quick and easy as the system is so user friendly. The tasks are easy to find, easy to interact with, deadlines and priorities really clear, which makes it so much easier to manage from a project management perspective.

Cons:

We do struggle to get reports out of the system in an automated or less manual way, particularly the billing side of the system. We're working on a way to integrate Teamwork with Data Studio so that live information is available quickly and simply for us, but it is taking us a lot of time.

3 years ago

Hi Nicci, Thanks for your review of Teamwork - we love to see a 10/10 rating! If you need further assistance with reporting, our support team are available to help at [email protected]. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Dmitri
General Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Teamwork is a daily too in our organization

Comments: Great! We use it daily. We killed email communication pertaining to project work completely. Nobody is allowed to communicate requests for work in email. The workflow is to create a task in the correct project in Teamwork. If the output to be checked - it is a task in Teamwork, etc.

Pros:

Ease of use, Flexibility, ability to have unlimited users for the same license fee. Timetracking aspects of it.

Cons:

Inability to import project file (XML or alike). I.e., to use project management software and upload the project to create tasks and subtasks with assignments and dates.However, the other benefits outweigh this aspect.

3 years ago

Hello Dmitri, Thanks for your review - it's great to see a 10/10 rating! I'll make sure to pass your suggestions for project files onto the team - they are continuously looking for ways to update our product! Kind regards, Karen at Teamwork

Gustavo
President in Belize
Printing, 51–200 Employees

Belize Signs Ltd Teamwork review

Comments: We try several project management systems and we ended using Teamwork.
We had been using Teamwork for more than 4 years and definitely it has been an extraordinary tool to improve our business, I don't think we would be able to do it without the Teamwork

Pros:

I like the way you can customize your projects, it can be done very clearly and fast, also the ability to set your privacy and the way you can organize the communication between the people involved in the project, this software is really amazing once you have set your system, another good feature is that you can start with a very simple project and use it as a template optimizing it adding more to it during the process of the same project

Cons:

only a few details when posting from mobiles, sometimes little details doesn't work when posting some kind of files from mobiles

3 years ago

Hi Gustavo, Thanks for your great review of Teamwork. Our support team are an amazing bunch - please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected], if you are experiencing issues with the mobile app. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Vernessa
Vernessa
Freelance Writer in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

TeamWork Projects Incorporates Project Notebooks, Customer Portal and OS-Agnostic Desktop Timer

Comments: Overall, TeamWork (formerly TeamworkPM) is worth the monthly or annual fee. I've used TeamWork for more than 8 years and while I don't have a need to use it daily, I go to it for special projects and when I need a different kind of project control than I get with Apptivo. The interface is pretty, with soothing colors. The TeamWork crew creates excellent help documentation that's easily found in a comprehensive knowledgebase, they now have some full-fledged free online courses, and they included a customer support and feedback system within the dashboard. And then there's this: Transparency via a visual roadmap and update system on the TeamWork website that actually gets updated on a regular basis. Yes, I like skipping over to the website to see what are the latest fixes and what goodies they're planning.

Pros:

Whiteboards are great but even the developers of TeamWork Projects (formerly TeamworkPM) were tired of trying to make them do the work of a real project management system. That's how I came across TeamWork Projects 8 years ago -- tossing aside the whiteboards and comparing online project management applications. TeamWork ultimately rose to the top because it either includes features I felt were must-haves or they had those features on the roadmap to deal with in the near future. TeamWork has task-level time-tracking and incorporates a desktop timer that I use on both my Windows and Linux versions computers. TeamWork was one of the few online project management applications that incorporated a file manager early on AND had the foresight to include it in the permissions system (important so all stakeholders have access to the files they need). I've used it for mock-ups, contract change-orders, and project photos. There is a project notebook system that is far superior to a so-called project wiki found in other project managers. I use it to keep notes, format them to look like real documents (not just a bunch of text notes), and export out in a format that is useful to project owners and clients. This was important enough that it would have been a dealbreaker if it wasn't included: the means to allow stakeholders (especially clients) to log in to see progress on their projects, participate in project-specific discussions, and access project-related files.

Cons:

TeamWork's free tier is less generous than some of the other highly rated project management apps. Keeping up with the times, they've lately added a Kanban view (but it costs extra). But why the boards view is an add-on instead of integrated into the main projects beats me and makes me call this a welcome feature that is also a CON. Although TeamView has native integrations for GMail, HubSpot, and Harvest, I think it relies too much on its (well-developed and well-documented API) for integrations with the majority of the world of business applications. Of course, there are hundreds of Zapier workarounds. Still, I think TeamWork is strong enough to have better integration and less cobbled recipes.

5 years ago

Hi there, Thank you for the review of Teamwork Projects. Kind regards, Nancy at Teamwork.

Vinicius
Designer in Brazil
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Organized work

Comments: We used several other task managers before, but no one in the team became adapted. I had a great first impression of Teamwork, compared to others it has a interface much more inviting and enjoyable to use. And in 6 months of use we can see that they are continually making improvements. We are happy with this choice and using it daily.

Pros:

A quite complete task editing, can add tasks and subtasks, estimate time, billing, responsibles, and a lot other important and nice stuff. But what was really important for our team is the maintenance and display of time in the information of each task, the application generates a table, with the start and end time, and counts the total time invested. This feature is activated with a play/pause button; after a project for example, the user can display a report with all tasks done and the time accounted for each one of them, as well as the total assigned.

Cons:

The home screen has a dashboard, although I didn't see much value in it, as you need to record every detail of each job for some minimally useful information. Like other tasks managers, it doesn't do everything I need, and I end up using other applications. It has a desktop timer app that is completely different from the platform design, it looks like from another product. I did not use it because I always have Teamwork open in the browser, and there each task has its own counter.

5 years ago

Hi Vinicius, Thank you for the review of Teamwork Projects. It's great to hear that our software met your needs over others. We have worked hard to bring you the best features possible. Our timing and task counters have become quite the feature in our software! We are sorry to hear that you need other applications for some needs. If there is anything in particular needed, you could always forward us a Feature Request over at [email protected] and our Customer Champions will have a look to see if it could be built into the product! Kind regards, Nancy at Teamwork :)

Mark
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Finally found what we were looking for

Comments: GNGF is a digital marketing agency that only works with law firms across the U.S. At GNGF, we have been a TeamWorkPM enterprise level for over 5 years (and a TeamWork Desk user since it was first released a couple years ago). We started out using Basecamp and it just couldn't meet our needs. One of the key things we needed was to be able to create different templates based on what services our clients had purchased. At the time TeamWork was the only robust online project management tool that could do this. Once we dove in though, we found a lot of features we didn't even know were missing in our lives. For example, I couldn't imagine living without subtasks and recurring tasks now. We do track our time in teamwork which is very easy to use (love this on the mobile app). With hundreds and hundreds of projects across ourclients, we also tag a lot of things and filter and search using tags all the time. I also love the different ways you can handle multiple users on the same task. Using the open API have also programmed a link between teamwork projects and salesforce clients and all user time entries are matched up to the correct employee and client and utilization and billable hours are able to be reported on right in salesforce.com, which, heavily customized, we now use as our internal agency dashboard. I can't say enough about the TeamWork support team. From how-to and best practices help early on in our use of TeamWork, to incorporation of our ideas and use cases into the actual product roadmap, to quick updates and fixes by the API team to help us with our Salesforce integration, we wish all vendor support was this good. Our account team works right out of teamwork desk to interact with their clients. Any issues requiring help by the team are just logged in TeamWorkPM and when the task is completed, the ticket is opened for the account manager to follow back up with the client. Best of all, the client doesn't even realize they are working in a 'ticketing system', it just looks like email to them which gives a much more personal touch. We utilize box.com for document storage so we don't use the file features and we use the API to get time data and don't use the billing feature in teamwork so I cannot comment on those. I have had many agencies complain to me over the years about their project management system and I always point them in the direction of TeamWork, months later I get many thank you emails.

Pros:

The feature set is great for agencies with a lot of similar type of recurring projects. Project and Task templates, easy to use, robust features, time tracking built in, integrates perfect with their sister product - teamwork desk (support ticket tracking system). Great open API (we use it to kick off project templates from salesforce.com and report time and utilization back to salesforce.com dashboards). The support team is amazing, in fact everyone we have ever interacted with at Teamwork has been incredible. Plus, when you look around, the price is incredible for the feature set.

Cons:

We have a crazy amount of tasks per person across many projects and many clients. Looking across everything is a little cumbersome at times. You can look across projects, users, tags, etc. it just could be a little easier sometimes. I am really stretching for a negative here, but that is all I can really think about that I would want to see improved.

7 years ago

Hi Mark, Wow thanks for the amazing review. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. I've shared your comments with the rest of the team here at and we're all delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience with the product. We'd really be interested in doing a case study with you. If this is something that you'd be in to, please shoot us a message to [email protected]. Kind regards, Therese

Amanda
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Best Project Management Software Hands Down!

Comments: In my last position our organization of 80 people evaluated multiple project management tools over six months. Teamwork was the clear winner. After we adopted this software the Teamwork staff worked directly with our team to help us find the best ways to use their tools and even made enhancements at our request! I've since used this software for two non-profits and my own company, founded just over a year ago. The choice was never given a second thought. Teamwork continues to make enhancements, they find ways to make their software more intuitive, and they add new tools regularly. Their service is exceptional. I send an email I get a response no later than the next day but usually in a matter of hours. There is no comparison to Basecamp, the tool I've seen other organizations use and the tool I was using before adopting Teamwork. Teamwork is far and above the better program.

Pros:

Intuitiveness of all of the tools. Integration of all of the tools to work together. The appearance and flexibility to customize it for each unique organization. As an educated graphic and interactive media designer, I applaud the UI designers. Very clean, no-nonsense, where the design and placement of interactive objects don't get in the way of the use.

Cons:

Love the new calendar. Would like to see how it could populate both ways to a Google calendar. This may already be possible and I just haven't explored it yet. Really can't think of anything, though.

7 years ago

Hi Amanda, Thanks so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're delighted to hear that Teamwork Projects has had such a positive effect of your team's productivity. Here's a help doc about viewing your Teamwork Projects calendar in Google Calendar: https://support.teamwork.com/projects/calendar/viewing-your-teamwork-projects-calendar-in-google-calendar. Hope it helps. Let me know if you have any more questions. We'd love to work on a casestudy with you and showcase it with our customers. If this is something you'd be interested in, simply shoot us a mail to [email protected]. Best regards, Therese

Christina
UX Designer in UK
Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

This product has made my life so much easier

Comments: I am a big fan of Teamwork Projects! I am a UX designer and I had a problem in my company where all of my research files, notes, recordings, ideas, etc. were stored in a number of different places and I needed a way of keeping this information in a single place with the easy ability for other people to see it and to easily search and find what I need. Before Teamwork I would spend ages trying to track down files that I knew existed somewhere, or wanting other people to look at files that turned out to be saved on my local machine. Since discovering Teamwork all of that has changed. It has such a clean and easy UI that makes it very easy to organise my work. The search functionality is great, and the licensing does not charge per user so I can give everyone from my company a login if they want. On top of that, Teamwork has a whole bunch of features that I didn't realise I needed until I used them, and now I could not live without them. Within each project I can attach files, I can forward emails straight into the messages section, I can add a list of tasks and check them off once complete, I can record deadlines and time worked on a project, and I can record any risks the project has with severity levels and impacts. I can even setup people from outside of my company and give them limited access to certain files. Teamwork has amazing capabilities whilst being simple and easy to use. I really cannot recommend it enough. And at such a reasonable price for licenses I would struggle to find an equivalent competitor out there. I have only given it 4/5 stars for features and functionality purely because there is one extra feature I would love to see (if I could have done 4.5 I would have but alas it does not allow half stars on this site). The only thing that is stopping the rest of my company from logging in and looking at all my files is that they need to remember another login. If they could add single sign on and allow it to integrate to other systems we use (such as the atlassian products) then I would be able to get many more people in my company using it.

Pros:

I love how easy to use it is!! I can gather many different file types (including emails) in one location, and I know exactly where to go to find them later. On the off-chance you cannot find something, the search functionality is great. I spend most of my time either adding files, messages, notebooks or links. I don't often use the time or billing sections, but I can see how they would be useful to other people.

Cons:

The only thing I would like to see improved/changed is I would like the ability to have single sign on with some other common tools, such as the atlassian suite. If people in my company did not have to have ANOTHER login to another product then so many more people would use it.

7 years ago

Hi Christina, Thanks so much for the great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. I've passed on your feedback with the rest of the team here and we're all delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience with Teamwork Projects. You'll be glad to hear that single sign on is really close to being released. So your team will be able to use it very shortly . Thanks again for the great review. If you'd be interested in working on a case study with us just shoot us a message to [email protected]. Kind regards, Therese

Mental Health Care

Overall Teamwork is very easy to use. A lot of features and options to easily manage projects.

Pros:

Teamwork provides many features to help manage your project from start to finish. The features are robust and offer flexibility along the way. It's very easy to add users, assign permissions, and assign tasks. To get started, Teamwork offers an easy way to import tasks from an Excel spreadsheet. The feature I like best is email communication tracking. When you add a comment to a task and send it to the assigned resources, all email responses are automatically captured on the same task. This helps prevent key decisions or conversations from being lost in off line email threads. For larger projects the Overview (dashboard) is very nice. At a glance, you get a quick overview of the project status and who tasks are assigned to. Additionally, you can drill into most Overview items to get additional information. For example, if you click on Late Tasks, you get a list of all tasks past their assigned due date and the assigned resource.

Cons:

Teamwork lacks a few features that would make it easier to use. - It's difficult to move individual tasks in mass to a new Task List or Sub-Task group. Tasks must be moved individually because you can't select multiple tasks at once. If you have a lot of tasks to move it can be tedious. - Project reporting capabilities are adequate but not overly robust. Most of the built-in project inquiry features are very good so reporting is not necessary unless you need to produce a report in a PDF format to email. When creating a report, you have pretty good control over what type of tasks are included but what is missing is the ability to select which columns you want or don't want. Additionally, you can't save a report filtering options for future use. You have to reselect your options every time you want to run the same report.

6 years ago

Hi there, Thank you for your detailed review of Teamwork Projects. Great to hear that Teamwork Projects is essential to your team to track your projects and much more. We offer free daily live webinars, by joining our webinars you will learn how to use specific features, find out about Teamwork best practice and hear about new updates. Feel free to join these at anytime, this will also be useful if you are training a new user to use Teamwork Projects https://www.teamwork.com/webinars. Kind Regards, Deborah

Yusif
Yusif
Engineer in Azerbaijan
Oil & Energy, 10,000+ Employees

my experience

Comments: One of the things I appreciate most about Teamwork is its ability to integrate with other tools and apps, such as Google Drive and Zapier. This has allowed me to seamlessly incorporate it into my existing workflow and streamline my project management processes.The task management features of Teamwork are also a highlight for me. I can easily create and assign tasks, set due dates, and track progress in real-time. The ability to create task dependencies and subtasks has also been incredibly helpful for breaking down complex projects into more manageable pieces.Another great feature of Teamwork is its communication tools. The platform allows me to communicate with team members within specific tasks or projects, which has reduced the need for lengthy email chains. I can also set up notifications and reminders to ensure that everyone stays on track and is aware of important updates. On the downside, I have found that the platform can be somewhat overwhelming at times, especially for new users. The sheer number of features and customization options can make it difficult to know where to start. Additionally, the lack of customization options for the user interface, as mentioned earlier, can be frustrating for some users.Overall, I would recommend Teamwork to anyone looking for a powerful project management solution with robust task management and communication tools. While there may be a learning curve for new users, the software's features and integrations make it a valuable ass

Pros:

The platform has a wide range of features that enable me to create and manage tasks, track progress, set deadlines, and assign responsibilities to team members. The task management feature is especially useful, as it allows me to break down larger projects into smaller, more manageable tasks.In addition to project management, I also appreciated the communication tools provided by Teamwork. The messaging and commenting features enabled me to communicate effectively with my team members and clients, keeping everyone up-to-date on project progress and any changes.Overall, I found Teamwork to be an excellent project management solution. Its user-friendly interface, robust features, and communication tools helped me to stay organized and kept my team members on the same page throughout the entire project lifecycle. I highly recommend it to any team looking for a powerful project management tool.

Cons:

one of the things that I liked least about the platform was the lack of customization options for the user interface. While the interface is clean and easy to navigate, I found that I couldn't tailor it to my specific needs.For example, I couldn't rearrange the order of the tabs in the left-hand menu or adjust the size of the project view. This made it difficult for me to quickly access the features that I used most frequently.Finally, I also found the mobile app to be somewhat limited in terms of functionality. While it allowed me to check on tasks and communicate with team members on-the-go, I couldn't perform some of the more advanced tasks that were available on the desktop version.Despite these limitations, I still found Teamwork to be a valuable project management solution overall. Its robust features and communication tools helped me to keep my team members informed and on-task throughout the project lifecycle. However, I do believe that more customization options and advanced reporting features would make it an even better platform.

Nick
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Predatory Billing Practices - Avoid like the plague

Comments: They do their predatory billing near Christmas hoping you won't notice the massive charge or your team will be on vacation. Everything about what they do is deceptive and dishonest. I spent $700 with them and I would have been happy to keep paying them some small amount according to how much I use the service, but after downgrading and then suddenly being billed $1200 I am appalled. Then they have no customer support ability to refund. No other service I use operates this poorly. Even my cable internet provider can refund a mistaken charge. No notification, no approval, just $1200 out of nowhere.

Pros:

It was fine to use for a year. It can be a bit slow and clunky. It can be hard to find thing and there are more ways to use it than necessary. It probably has too many features, but it gets the job done once you figure it out. I would say it's adequate.

Cons:

The billing is way off in nightmare land. It's just fraud how they bill. They say it's pro-rated but they actually charge you ahead of time for use you haven't used yet. This is not how pro-rated works. Pro-rated means you pay for what you use. What they do is the opposite. Then they will count the highest number of users you had during the year concurrently or not and create a charge for you for a year in advance without notifying you first. Then their policy is no refunds. So what happens is you suddenly get a bill for $1200 when you only have 2 users, which you expect to be like $20 / month at most. Their customer support is useless. So you are paying in advance for something you didn't ask for and won't use and they won't just refund it. This should be an automatic easy refund for them. They lose nothing by refunding you for a service they have not provided yet, so it seems their policy is just to trap people and drop massive bills on them and hope they pay them.

Chamath
Chamath
Chief Technology Officer in Sri Lanka
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Super data management of projects and software

Comments: My overall experience was very positive with Teamwork Projects. Teamwork Projects is very well suited for any size or kind of project.

Pros:

When it comes to the pros and cons of the Teamwork, there are many points to think about. All the likeness towards a program depends on the work they do. And how people like it. Teamwork is just like the 'teamwork' we have between ourselves. People have a very positive and pleasant impression of Teamwork projects. That's because of they have the optimum freedom they need to have when choosing the software for maintaining their work. Yet, some consider it as standard software for managing projects. Something ordinary. So, the Teamwork is always working on creating this experience well. Not just good, even better! Accordingly, the pros and cons of the Teamwork will be this software is really flexible, and the user can add an OKR system. It is for the process to work for the company. There is the option to insert subtasks, implement time estimators, setting mileposts, and implement percentages on the completion of tasks. There is even 'Everything' view to display what is the work on you.

Cons:

Yet, people have trouble with commenting in too many places. Sometimes they even lose comments. Still not a big issue since you have the email. But, they also lose them inside the Teamwork system itself. Yet, for extra trouble, there are trainees or permanent employees with proper training. You will need someone to teach you about the features and the other things on this Teamwork option.

3 years ago

Hi Chamath, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of Teamwork - we really appreciate it. It's great to see a big list of 'Pros' - that's what we like to see! We are delighted that you're having a positive experience with Teamwork. I've noted your issues with misplacing comments and will pass this onto the support team to look into this further. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Shelley
Office Manager in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

Teamwork Projects takes a village

Comments: It works okay for us. We are not a group of "techies" so the complexity of TWProjects isn't the best fit for our team overall.

Pros:

Teamwork Projects is a multi-faceted project tracking/management app. We are able to communicate and track project progress staff-wide fairly well. Enjoy the in-app chat.

Cons:

It seems overly complicated as there are too many ways to do the same things (is it a task? a project? a notebook? a milestone?), which means people on staff manage projects and view them differently, too many view options, too many custom/sort options. Menus change with each function you are working in, but it is not intuitive ("where the heck do I find the option to modify a template?". Searching for help provides results that do not match what we see on our end (there is no TEMPLATES tab within PROJECTS). I am an Admin and I still have trouble navigating.

4 years ago

Hi Shelley, Thank you for taking the time to review Teamwork Projects. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed the progress tracking and our chat app! I'm sorry to hear that the navigation is difficult for you and your team. Have you contacted our support team? They will be happy to talk you through the different methods within the software. In regards to the different management styles, we have found that some companies have developed a guideline for their company when using the software. The software gives people the opportunity to work in multiple ways, so it's just about finding what works best for your company! Our super support team can be found at [email protected] if you should need any help. I promise that they are the best in the business, or so they tell me anyway! Have a great day! Nancy at Teamwork :)