About Domo

Enable data to power any action, for any role.

Learn more about Domo

Pros:

I like being able to check status of monthly revenue without having to go through our CRM system. Domo automatically imports all relevant information and summarizes it in one sheet.

Cons:

Domo can be very difficult to learn at first if you are not somewhat familiar with SQL.

Domo ratings

4.1
4.0
4.2
3.9

7.8/10

Domo has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 272 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Domo before?

Cole
Cole
Director Of Strategic Partnerships & Key Accounts in US
Business Supplies & Equipment, 51-200 Employees

The things Domo can do are just astounding

Comments: We can see analytics we could never see before. We can understand our business in a way we never could before. We honestly don't know what we'd do without Domo at this point. It's fantastic.

Pros:

We were originally looking for dashboard software. Something like Geckoboard, but we wanted something more advanced. We were using multiple tools, and wanted to collect data from them. We then found Domo. Within days we had integrated our CRM database, Website Analytics, Invoicing database, and Order Processing database. This let us take a look at EVERYTHING. And I mean everything. Things like: What's the average time between receiving a lead and the rep calling them the first time? What's the average time between a customer ordering, and reordering? How many calls have my reps made today? (Updated every 15 minutes!) What landing pages on my website are receiving the most looks? How are my google analytic campaigns translating into converted customers?

Cons:

It's pricey, but worth it. The biggest thing was the last update they had screwed up some of my reports, and we're still trying to figure out what happened.

Laura
Database Engineer in El Salvador
Religious Institutions, 10,000+ Employees

Domo is the best tool for companies who don't have the resources to have their own database

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: They have been great, and I had a great experience with their tools. Very intuitive and flexible. The pricing is understandable, considering how many different features you get. You're basically paying for a database as well. I'm not a fan of the way the data is stored though, but it makes sense that they chose to do it that way to get the most $$ from their clients.

Pros:

It's pretty intuitive, and there is plenty of resources available (Domo University + Customer Service) for the parts that aren't as intuitive. Implementation was seamless because they offered us as much help as possible to set it all up the way it needed to be for our business structure. We also liked that this tool had many connectors that are relatively easy to use.

Cons:

It's a bit more on the expensive side. And it can get more expensive than originally planned, because of the cap they have on rows. I wasn't a fan of having to be charged for the original rows coming through and then being charged for the same rows after being transformed. There is a way to not have to create a second dataset and be charged, but for the most part, it's a needed step.

Product Operations in US

Extensive tool, hard to use

3.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall it suits our needs basic needs but because it is so difficult to use there is no opportunity for exploratory analysis and visualization.

Pros:

Domo offers a variety of integrations to pull in data from all types of sources and combine them as needed. Once visualizations are created they are easy to share and interact with.

Cons:

It is extremely hard to figure out how to do things. The interface is not intuitive at all and if you are not using constantly it can be an annoying process to re-learn how to build out things every single time you use the platform. There is also so much unnecessary clicking required to find and do things because none of the actions are in places that make sense or work like you would expect.

Aaron
Sr Data Analyst in US

Domo Accelerates Data Driven Strategy

Comments: I have used Domo for about 5 years, and side by side with Tableau for a good chunk of that time. Domo has proven to have better support, UI, user adoption, ETL functionality, and connectors.

Pros:

Domo has proven to be more efficient to build dashboards, while being easy to use to bring non-BI users into the fold. I have been amazed by how quickly new users become comfortable and productive using the tools. We leverage a stable of the connectors to further drive our strategy from multiple operational platforms.

Cons:

It would be great to be able to multi-layer calculated fields within cards, but this isn't a huge obstacle because of the ETL capability at the dataset level

Akshika
Akshika
iOS Developer in India

Domo is a truly outstanding, sophisticated, and powerful BI programme

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: It assists us in seeing what is buried beneath the data. You are aware that not every data can be seen in an excel sheet. It eliminates the need to manually pull and enter all of our data, which is time-consuming. It also allows us to visualise and alter our data in ways that were previously impossible. It offers just remarkable analytical capabilities that have helped us to better leverage all of the organization's data to make choices, particularly commercial and financial ones.

Pros:

Every function is quite simple to use, but if you don't know how to utilise it, they provide fantastic knowledge-based publications. Domo enables us to create really well-designed dashboards that present data from numerous sources fast and effortlessly. When it comes to analytical skills, it is also a potent tool with an excellent report generator. Increases visibility into performance. It provides several chart kinds that are categorised based on the requirements. The best thing is that it generates an auto chart utilising multiple dimensions and measurements.

Cons:

When an issue happens on the SQL side, I notice it, but I'd need additional information about it. Sometimes a single statement isn't enough to explain what's wrong with the SQL. The colours are terrible, and the graphs and other elements aren't as easy to use as Power BI or other tools. The only thing that may be enhanced is the graphical tools; otherwise, it is wonderful and works well.

Colemen
Sr. Manager, Business Intelligence in Chile
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great BI Tool for small teams

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Full stack: data ingestion, storage, ETL, and visualization are all in one tool.

Cons:

Please add bulk action on story dashboards

Lexi
IT Data Analyst in US
Retail, 51-200 Employees

Domo Review

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Domo is very user friendly, it is incredibly simple to create visualizations, join data, and create dashboards.

Cons:

I wish there were more connectors available and that some connectors were more robust in the data they are able to pull in. For example, I would love a loop returns connector and I wish the Shopify connector was able to pull in custom reports. I also wish you could do more with beast modes as far as functions and scripting.

Setegn Bayabil
University Lecturer in Ethiopia
Market Research, Self Employed

University Lecturer

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Data reporting for my market business.

Pros:

This software is basic and simple to use for application management and data reporting.

Cons:

Mostly no drawback and limitations after you are familiar with it.

Chen
BI team lead in Israel

Domo is nice, but has too many problems with loading datasets.

Pros:

visualizations, ddx.

Cons:

Limitations with connectors and datasets, lacking an easy out of the box options to create incremental data loads into domo. the datasets loading can be super slow and take many hours, with no solution given by the tool or by the support agents. lots of bugs with loading data, processes suddenly stop working for no reason. too often domo can load very slow so its impossible to use. support is very bad most of the time.

Cédric
Marketing and communication in Burkina Faso
Banking, 201-500 Employees

Good tool for creating dashboard

4.0 last month New

Pros:

Domo is an excellent software to create dashboards. It is simple and accessible to all.

Cons:

The customer support is not very good and lacks professionalism, but I didn't find any inconvenience with the products themselves

Marketing Analyst in UK
Logistics & Supply Chain, 10,000+ Employees

Makes data analysis simple for all!

Pros:

Before being introduced to DOMO, most of our data analysis had to be carried out in Microsoft Excel, which isn't ideal when dealing with large and ever-changing datasets. We were using multiple systems and it was often difficult to get a good overall picture for reports. DOMO allows us to connect to all of our various systems, including our CRM, our email marketing software, website analytics and the various demand gen channels we use for advertising campaigns, allowing us to report and analyse the performance of our marketing activity end-to-end, from the first contact with the customer to the end result of the sales process. We have also been able to utilise DOMO to help us with reporting in other areas, such as customer survey results and monitoring the usage of our CRM, and create useful data visualisations that can be shared with the business users.The software is user-friendly and it's easy to start using straight away, although the more complicated functionality can of course take some getting used to, but overall, it has a nice UI and is pleasant to work with.

Cons:

We do sometimes have difficulty with our CRM datasets due to problems with the data connector, and we recently discovered that our existing datasets will need to be recreated using a different version of the connector now, which isn't ideal. Sometimes the error messages aren't very helpful when a dataset update fails, and you then need to seek help from support to identify what is actually going on, which can cause delays in getting the problem resolved.

Senior Business Consultant in US
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees

Perfect for groups that need a BI Team in a Box

Comments: The single greatest benefit has been the ability to combine data from three different systems to provide a combined view of our sales operations, without having to bounce between three different systems, and maintaining full control of what and how we want to report and visualize our data

Pros:

The standout feature of Domo is the ability to use a single platform to ingest data, transform it, visualize, and analyze. For companies that do not have a mature BI program or groups that do not have sufficient BI support, Domo permits those groups the ability to gain access to data-driven insights within a single platform.

Cons:

There are often bottlenecks in running dataflows at peak times of the day (most notable b/t 8-11AM eastern).

Director of Sponsored Content & Audience Data in US
Media Production, 11-50 Employees

Domo Is expensive but well worth the investment

Comments: I really like Domo it's hands down my favorite piece of software and also my favorite company to work with. It has solved countless reporting problems an saved thousands of hours spent repetitive reporting tasks for our team.

Pros:

It's incredibly powerful and allows any one (regardless of coding or data science background) the ability to create dynamic reports and complex data automations. The best part of Domo though is the customer support. When you call support you get a human right away and they are always ready to help regardless of how complicated your problem is or how much time it will take to solve. You never feel helpless with Domo, only empowered

Cons:

It costs a fortune and they have no entry level packages. they also have a habit of releasing awesome features that aren't included in the main package and that cost puts the platform well out of reach for most companies.

Jeff
VP-Information Systems in US
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees

Turn data in to actionable information

Comments: As mentioned in the pro’s section, we have had several wins as a result of our use of Domo. Safety performance has improved because Domo has surface information that helps us hold our employees accountable. From the employee’s perspective, they are able to see what is expected of them and also see how they are performing to those expectations.

Pros:

From loading data all the way to visualizing it, domo’s tools make the process very simple. Our business leaders now have accurate and timely information which helps them make informed decisions. We have several documented organizational improvements as a result of our Domo initiative.

Cons:

Of all the software systems I have been involved in procuring, domo has the least amount of “cons”. One suggestion would be to include some type of utility to maximize the efficiency of datasets. We tend to create datasets that are probably redundant, it would be cool to have a way to know when that happens.

Scott
Planning & Logistics Manager in US
Plastics, 501-1,000 Employees

Wouldn't want to live without DOMO

Comments: I use DOMO everyday and believe in the power it has to communicate actionable metrics. Wouldn't want to do business without it.

Pros:

Once DOMO cards are setup, DOMO is the fastest way to get virtually real time data to drive smart decision making. DOMO has the ability to be as simple or complex as the organization wants the data to be when presented. DOMO eliminates our excuse that managers don't have access to data to do their jobs. The range of data that can be accessed is incredible. Our ERP software, sales database and spreadsheets are all available. All aspects our organization have visual representation in DOMO that team members can see on workstations, video monitors or by email alerts. Portability on devices is also great.

Cons:

Cost...of course. Small organizations may have a difficult time justifying the cost.

Tiffany
Customer Care Supervisor in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1,000 Employees

Everything I Need All In One Place!

Comments: We use Domo to connect the data sets from several different programs into information that can be shared between them through Domo.

Pros:

Domo connects the data from all of our different data sources and allows me to put it all on one dashboard page so that I don't have to flip back and forth looking for the information that I need. I love that I can share the access to these dashboards with all of my employees so that they have access to all of the up to date information that they need. I really like that I can take any of the data on a dashboard and Domo will turn it into an excel spreadsheet for me.

Cons:

The customer support is a little slow. There is also an occasional lag time between when changes are made to data and when they show up on Domo. It only refreshes about every 15 minutes.

Amit
Software Engineer in India

Best tool for data visualization and ETL.

Pros:

Best thing about Domo is data preperation and data visualization on the single plateform and makes very efficient to work and very easy to connect data to visualization just import data and prepare and go on you don't need to worry about refresh data domo will take care those things we just need to focus on the productivity instead of setting up things.

Cons:

In the data preperation there is a option view this is good option but if we want to edit already created view then it doesn't let you change that easily specially when we use group by in view.

Joe
Senior Financial Systems Manager in UK
Entertainment, 5,001-10,000 Employees

DOMO Enabling the Non Technical to become Technical

Comments: The pipeline of Inputs, ETL's and Outputs we've built up has become integral to the business in terms reducing process time, but also the provision of data to make key decisions... pretty much transformational!!

Pros:

Simple to use once the basics are explained, enabling non developers to create ETL's/Outputs independently

Cons:

The Support, although improved (in the main because we pay for increased support), to a standard user when something goes wrong which could have a huge impact the support is often lacking, and agents seem keen to close tickets rathe than resolve them

Brady
BI Manager in US
Automotive, 11-50 Employees

High Value | Great Product

Pros:

Domo make it very easy to work with and blend data

Cons:

We are a small business so we cant get the "enterprise feature" without paying a reasonable price per user

Yuval
Co-Founder and CTO in US

The right balance between functionality and ease of development

Pros:

The platform that my company (HData) develops includes business intelligence capabilities. Domo proved to have the right balance between the functionality we were looking for and ease of development that ultimately translated into time-to-market.

Cons:

It's difficult to customize tooltips from the base toolset, you can get around that with some custom tools but we don't have the bandwidth for that. Beast Modes are not as straightforward.

Zach
Attractions Manager in US
Entertainment, 201-500 Employees

DOMO saves time and money

Comments: Since using DOMO, we have saved a ton of time on data analysis and decision making processes for several areas of our business.

Pros:

I love how this tool makes it easy to combine multiple data sources and create dashboards and cards that make data analysis and reporting a snap. The time savings this tool provides is invaluable.

Cons:

I wish DOMO had more connectors and improved some of their existing connectors. Their Qualtrics connector for example I think could be improved in a way that allowed survey result data to be pulled into DOMO so that I could analyze and present the data more easily than I can in Qualtrics itself

James
CEO in US

Great program, but worth the price?

Comments: We really love how Domo does just about everything. The way it generates reports is second-to-none, but we really wish that the price point was a little bit lower.

Pros:

Domo seems to have everything: you can check the statistics of your business, keep track of memberships, and the ability to check on fundraising. It was a little bit overwhelming when we first tried it out, but once we got the hang of it, we loved it!

Cons:

The one big con is the price. Yes, it gives you a lot, but even for the small amount of employees we have, it can be a bit much. We have also experienced some issues due to the latest update, as a few others have, but we hope that will get fixed soon.

Anne
Digital Marketing Strategist in US
Public Relations & Communications, 1,001-5,000 Employees

For the data-focused marketer, Domo is as good as it gets! This is the only platform that has been able to combine all of my data sets together, it's a dream.

Pros:

Domo's ability to connect to ANY data source is extremely valuable for myself and my organization. We have around 15 different data sources (some of them local, not in the cloud) just in digital marketing alone, and with Domo we have been able to string all of those sets of data together for one true view of performance. The reports are visually engaging, and I can build dashboards that are useful for any job role. Prior to Domo, our organization did not have any type of advanced business intelligence reporting. The difference in decision-making is night and day.

Cons:

The only thing I can write as a potential "con" is that if you are working with multiple data sets like myself, and do not have deep data experience, it can be difficult to string your data sets together once you bring them in. A working knowledge of data is helpful. I recommend using their implementation hours for this if you don't have someone in your organization with that skill set, the Domo implementation experts know their stuff and can get you set up quickly.

Julie
IT Director in
Civic & Social Organization, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Excellent BI Tool!

Comments: Our organization introduced DOMO into our organization in 2014 and it has been instrumental in making business decisions. The product itself is intuitive, attractive, and robust. There are a number of data sources that already have API links making it easy and seamless to feed data into DOMO from other SaaS products.

Pros:

Key Performance Indicators, Mobile App, Alert System when metrics fall below a programmed number, integrated chat about specific cards, and customer support is bar-none! DOMO has made an easy platform to write and edit reports.

Cons:

When we went live with DOMO we were not able to fully optimize and leverage the information that the analytics provided due to the software not being HIPAA compliant. However, in recent months DOMO has engaged in a BAA which has allowed us to pull back the proverbial curtain and really dig into our data to influence important changes in our organization.

Nick
Systems Engineer in US
Insurance, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Necessary for our business

Pros:

Existing integrations were very helpful. Visual workflows keep our admin users engaged.

Cons:

Price, however, the value it provides our organization this minimal.