Filter by:

• Overall

About Alloy Navigator

Alloy Navigator is a real-world solution beautifully designed for real-world customers, built by real-world IT people just like you.

Learn more about Alloy Navigator

Doron P.
IT Manager in US
Architecture & Planning, 51-200 Employees

Doron's Alloy Review

4 10 months ago

Comments: Overall the application is solid, reliable. I have used it for the last 10 years and don't have plans of changing anytime soon.

Pros:

Software is reliable, user friendly and you get the results quickly.

Cons:

Some built-in features are limited and require alterations.

Jörg M.
IT-Engineer in Switzerland
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Alloy Navigator - our daily help - thank you!

5 last year

Comments: We are responsible for the IT infrastructure of the schools affiliated to us in the canton of BL (Switzerland).
We have been using Alloy Navigator as a ticketing system (incident, service request) for many years.
We keep discovering great functions that are very helpful. The knowledgebase is used extensively to provide instructions for us IT, but also for teachers and students.
The purchases of hardware as well as software and services are authorized and processed via Alloy Navigator.
We are currently introducing the use of Alloy Navigator's project management and are learning to work with it.

Pros:

All of our Service Requests, Incidents, Announcements and instructions for inquiries are centralized and can be linked as required. The purchasements of hardware, software and services can be managed centrally. If necessary, different permits can be configured as a condition prior to purchasements. Sub-tasks of Service Requests, incidents or projects can be managed clearly. If you want, adjustments to workflows, masks, etc. can also be made. Alloy Navigator's webinterface is very good, most or almost all of the work can be done in the web browser. This is really fantastic!

Cons:

Alloy Navigator is very good software. I can't find anything that we can call a disadvantage.

Caroline M.
Program Analyst II in US
Public Safety, 201-500 Employees

Extensible Incident Management, Asset Management, and Incident Workflow Management

5 12 months ago

Comments: Our shop has been using this software for years because it has excellent value, with good customer support. We use the product everyday to manage our support desks, manage our hardware inventory, and provide a web interface to our agency users. We are continually improving our efficiency by automating tasks, and we manage an extensive knowledge base with hundreds of articles for either end-users or tech support staff. Our clients also find the system fairly easy to use to submit tickets and interact with the technicians. There is always more we could be doing with this system. I am impressed with its capabilities and flexibility.

Pros:

We have found Alloy to be highly customizable to meet our needs - we can track the life cycle of hardware assets, we can remotely manage machines directly from an incident case, we can link incidents and problems to the computers history, and and we can automate many simple and complicated tasks from resetting a password to requesting an RMA from a hardware vendor. I have used many other Enterprise IT incident management software products and this is still my software of choice.

Cons:

The system is very powerful and with power comes complexity that requires training and understanding of how the underlying database interacts with the software in order to get the most out of the product. Understanding the hierarchy is important when setting up your service desks if you support more than one technical team. We have an IT Support Desk as well as a Facilities Support Desk, and a Supply Order Desk.

Mike G.
Infrastructure Manager in UK
Building Materials, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Fully featured and still developing

5 3 years ago

Pros:

The flexibility is endless, this product is capable of doing anything you design. It can output to batch files, automate tasks and digitise forms. The only limitation is your imagination. Treat this as a very advanced GUI for SQL

Cons:

You do need to get a full understanding of the administration side if you wish to use this product to its full potential

Dan D.
Dan D.
Infrastructure Architect in US
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great software

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Great software for ticketing and inventory needs. Customer service is extremely helpful in customizing the solution to best fit your needs. Software does everything you need for helpdesk and servicedesk operations.

Cons:

Can be a little slow on a WAN or remote connectivity, I recommend the web interface for those situations.

Keith M.
Keith M.
Supervisor of IT Support in US

Our company has grown tremendously in the past two years and Alloy has grown with us.

4 3 years ago

Comments: Robust help desk solution.

Pros:

Almost all the features have customization to fit your business. From device inventory to custom reporting, Alloy helps you get what you need for metrics.

Cons:

There is a learning curve on the product. If you do too much customization, like all things, something may break when an upgrade is released.

Diana S.
Senior PC Technician in US

I use it daily for tracking HelpDesk Calls, Inventory and Purchasing

5 3 years ago

Pros:

It has helped streamline our department by having all documents and references in a central location.

Cons:

At times it can be a little confusing with what seems to be duplicate areas. But on a positive note these areas can be linked.

Josh D.
IT Manager in US
Civil Engineering, 51-200 Employees

consistent and customizable

5 4 years ago

Pros:

The various auditing options are great with very little impact if any noticed on our end points when processing.

Cons:

If I had to pick something, there have been some sql report issues in the past for custom reporting.

Allan T.
Consultant senior en technologie de l'information in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Alloy doesn't cost a lot and he's making a pretty good job

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Navigator is a good management tool for IT assets. You can get inventory, service desk and project inside an ITIL framework with this simple and efficient software. It s easy to implement and you can have a CMDB for a low cost.

Cons:

You must register on alloy navigator web site if you want to get a price or a trial of the software.

Kevin H.
Kevin H.
Network Manager in US
Insurance, 51-200 Employees

Alloy is a very good product for managing IT related information.

4 3 years ago

Pros:

The thing that I like most about Alloy is that it's able to house ALL of our IT related data. One stop shop for whatever information you need to access.

Cons:

Sometimes the user interface is a little confusing when it comes to finding a certain help desk ticket or an inventory item. But otherwise it's a really good IT software package.

Granville B.
IT Associate in US
Architecture & Planning, 51-200 Employees

Alloy Navigator - Marvelous tool for Network Inventory

5 8 months ago

Comments: My experience overall with Alloy Navigator is been very good overall. The technical support are very courtesy, knowledgeable, and professional. The migration process to Alloy Navigator 8.1 was smooth and took a few minutes to complete.

Pros:

The most impact about this software to view if workstation has out dated OS or C drive is low that will have issues with users capability to work. Another feature I like about Alloy software you can exclude devices that are not connected to the network.

Cons:

The least thing I like about alloy software it's difficult to find the version of software on workstation i.e if a user looking for a specific software like Revit 2019 it will become difficult unless you have assistance from Alloy technical support.

Jeff B.
Systems Administrator in US
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees

Alloy Navigator 7 and Discovery 7 - Very useful software product

4 3 years ago

Comments: We are very satisfied with this product because it does everything we expect it to do when properly set up.

Pros:

We use the Help Desk feature in Navigator and Machine Inventory in Discovery primarily. They allow us to efficiently handle user problems and requests of all kinds and keep track of company assets such as computers, servers and software installations.

Cons:

The software is extremely powerful and flexible but because of this it is also very complicated to configure properly.

Laurence L.
PC Technican in US

The software is easy to use and is loaded with features.

4 3 years ago

Pros:

This software is very easy to use. It keeps track of all our work tickets and inventory very well.

Cons:

The Asset Management feature could be a little easier to configure. It also seems a little redundant when you setup a new asset.

Jeff W.
Jeff W.
IT Director in US
Printing, 51-200 Employees

If keeping track of everything is what you want, this product is for you! And I mean everything!

5 3 years ago

Comments: Alloy keeps track of a ll of our inventory, software changes, support incidents, knowledge base, etc. The information in Alloy puts all the necessary information in one place to manage our IT environment easily and efficiently.

Pros:

Alloy can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be based on how you set it up. The flexibility and depth are what I love most about it. You can really keep track of everything in your IT environment and you can customize it to fit your specific needs. Other products make you use their preconfigured categories and workflows, etc. While Alloy comes preconfigured with almost everything you need, you can add or remove just about anything you want and build your own workflows to automate the system.

Cons:

I find that the more flexible a product is, the more cumbersome it can be. Since Alloy is extremely flexible, the set up can be a little complicated. However, they have a great support team to help you when you need it.

Vitaliy E.
Vitaliy E.
Desktop Support Specialist in US
Law Practice, 201-500 Employees

Has good potential

4 3 years ago

Comments: My overall experience is good. I went head on into a huge mess that was not very well maintained. When the inventory, locations, and customers are up to date, then its much easier to manage.

Pros:

What I liked most about this software is how it can be integrated to sync with Active Directory which allows us to keep the inventory, locations, and customer tabs updated. The more automation, the better.

Cons:

The gui is kind of outdated and could be simplified, but that's speaking from being on an older version of Alloy Navigator. There is not enough sync customization that can be manipulated or adjusted for AD sync.

3 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to review our product! Absolutely get yourself on the latest version and take a look at the Technician Web Portal. It's really sleek and easy to use. If you use the Windows client, you'll love the Web Portal no doubt! Regarding the Active Directory sync, please give our services team a call. I say that because the sync is super flexible, allows you to map any AD field anywhere you want, update records on conditions, import pictures, set managers for automatic permissions and approvals, and its paired with the workflow which is second to none. Maybe there's something you're missing we can help you with. We'd love to help you get the most out of the product and if there is a limitation anywhere, we'll do our best to address it! Thanks for being part of the Alloy Software family!

Angela L.
Program Application Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Alloy for Service Requests and Change Requests

4 8 months ago

Comments: I really like what I've used so far. It's a part of my daily work, and it makes everything fairly simple. I'd like to explore more of the available features within the application, and I'm really excited to see what else we can do!

Pros:

Please keep in mind that I do not use all of the available features of this system. But I really like the features that I'm currently using. I spend nearly all of my time with tickets and Change Requests. Both features are easy to use, and help me track my work effectively. I love how easy it is to escalate tickets and CR's, create work orders, and communicate with my requestors directly within the tickets. My administrator has also created some very helpful reports and dashboards so I can track the work that my employees complete, and provide visibility to our Executive Leadership. We've even created an entire process surrounding our Change Advisory Board that streamlines the approval process for projects. It's wonderful.

Cons:

It might just be me, but I find both the Activity and History tabs to be confusing / overwhelming at times. I wish there was a better way to quickly see what's happened with the ticket over time.

Mary A.
Supervisor of Corp IT Systems in US
Education Management, 201-500 Employees

Alloy Navigator

5 3 years ago

Comments: Alloy Navigator has eliminated about 4 different spreadsheets that I used to use to track information. I now do this from one console and have set up reporting to assist with the management and tracking of that information.

Pros:

It was super easy to get started and setup generally functionality. I have been able to quit using spreadsheets to track information and was able to import most of my spreadsheets directly into Alloy. I now tracks my Contract renewals for both hardware and software. I am tracking my software licensing and allocations. The library is very useful for us to track equipment that we have checked out to our end users and/or contracted trainers. We also have a scheduled inventory that continues to update with our latest information for all computers in our domain.

Cons:

The admin section is a little cumbersome to maneuver, but has a lot of options there.

Business Applications Manager in US

We use Navigator for help desk ticket and asset management and have found it quite useful.

4 3 years ago

Pros:

From a help desk perspective, we appreciate being able to see trends in issues our users are experiencing as well as where the issues are coming from. It's quite easy to configure when linked to our AD and other global settings can be updated for multiple users en masse. I appreciate the flexibility in being able to create views of tickets that work for me, as do the other techs who respond to tickets.

Cons:

Configuring reports and views is not the most user friendly but they've just released Navigator 8 which I believe makes this easier. No real complaints other than wish there were a Mac version as well.

3 years ago

Thank you for your kind words! Just a quick note, if you need to use Alloy Navigator on a Mac, I recommend using the Tech Web Portal. This gives you full access to everything you need on any platform whether it be Windows, Mac, Linux or otherwise. In regards to report development, drop our Technical Support team a note and they'll point you towards some great tutorials. As we use the standards - Microsoft Report Builder and Crystal Reports - there are lots of solid resources available on the net to choose from. Thanks again for the review and for being our customer!

Mike A.
Mike A.
Helpdesk Technician in US
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees

My Honest Review of Alloy Navigator

4 3 years ago

Pros:

The best thing about Alloy Navigator is the customization. If there is something you want this software to do, it can probably do it.

Cons:

What I care for least about Alloy Navigator are the UI and UX. There are so many menus that are buried within multiple layers of menus.

3 years ago

Thanks so much for your review and for your company's loyalty of 14 years! I highly recommend you give the Technician's Web Portal a look. It's interface is really slick and will absolutely feel new and streamlined over the Windows client. If you have any questions about it, drop our services team a call!

Joseph J.
IT Support Supervisor in US
Mental Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Alloy Navigator

5 3 years ago

Pros:

The software is very easy to user and the staff is very helpful!

Cons:

There needs to be more reporting tool and user control of reports.

3 years ago

Thank you so much for your review! Drop us a line and let us know what you'd like to see in way of reporting tools. Our reports are created with Microsoft Report Builder. Microsoft provides a free editor and its become quite popular so tutorials are easy to find. If you are familiar with Crystal Reports you can use that as well! We'd love to hear about your specific needs so please don't hesitate to drop us a line!

Wayne D.
Technical Support in US
Education Management, 201-500 Employees

Alloy Navigator, a very useful program

5 3 years ago

Comments: I use Alloy Navigator every day to support the users in our company. It brings vital information about user's systems quickly to the screen, allowing an easy way to maintain inventory and connection information. Because it is an all-inclusive program for tracking hardware, software, work tickets, purchasing and user information, the setup is a bit complicated, but we couldn't maintain our IT department without it.

Pros:

Brings useful information quickly to your screen

Cons:

Setup is a bit complicated, but only because the software is so robust.

Joanne S.
Network Technician in US
Insurance, 51-200 Employees

Great product, everything is linked for ease of access.

5 3 years ago

Comments: Easy access to know what inventory we have and where it is located. We can easily find out how old someone's computer is just by checking into Alloy Navigator.

Pros:

I really like being able to click on a location and be able to drill down thru the user to the inventory item and PO.

Cons:

It would be nice to have some mini webinars for training on each area that we could watch when we needed a little explanation of how to use a certain part of the program.

Stephen M.
Managing Director in Australia

Since implementing 8 years ago, has been instrumental in our growth and support of our Clients

5 3 years ago

Comments: Customer support tracking, Purchasing, Client Portal

Pros:

The ease of use, ability to customize the software to our needs and the fantastic support we receive no matter what the request, could not run our Business without Alloy and the support we receive with the Product.

Cons:

if there was to be a con only one to be would be the ability to send a PDF PO without needing to save 1st and attach for sending

Sean C.
Associate Information Systems Analyst in US

A fantastic alternative to Autotask

5 3 years ago

Comments: Asset tracking and ticket metrics

Pros:

Allows full IT management from asset inventory to helpdesk metrics. Allows full financial tracking, tickets, and asset discovery.

Cons:

It can be cumbersome to learn in an SMB environment with small teams and no compartmentalization. If you have no teams at all, individuals can be overwhelmed as their are many features to this application.

Leah D.
Enterprise Business Analyst in US

We have been using Alloy for over 13 years and have no plans to change

4 3 years ago

Pros:

We have over 50 people on staff, it really helps us keep our business running smoothly. What we like most about the software is how customizable it is.

Cons:

The out-of-the-box reporting could be more robust, but we are able to write our own reports so it's not an issue.