15 years helping Singaporean businesses

ConnectWise PSA Reviews

About ConnectWise PSA

ConnectWise PSA (formerly Manage): Powerful ticketing system with centralized communication & integrates with tools you currently use.

Learn more about ConnectWise PSA

Pros:

Product is simply laid out and easy to use. I prefer the desktop version but we just went full web version which is fine too.

Cons:

You have to navigate to strange places to find the info you need. The updates to the system often break other features and they are not quick to provide fixes.

ConnectWise PSA ratings

3.6
3.8
4.1
3.8

7.3/10

ConnectWise PSA has an overall rating of 4.1 out 5 stars based on 241 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ConnectWise PSA before?

Long time ConnectWise user still loves ConnectWise

Comments: I did 3 years of research before deciding on a PSA. I had a very small company at the time (1 person, me) My colleagues thought I was crazy for buying such a robust system for being such a small company. I bought it because of the built in automation and the ability to create complex agreements. I still have it and I have seen it improve immensely over the years. It's has a .net client and a web interface. Supports widget based pods. Meaning you can add the things you want, remove the things you don't want, and customize the interface per user. QuoteWerks, ConnectWise, Kaseya, Quickbooks - and they ALL integrate. Connectwise will try to sell you, quosal, connectwise, labtech. Personally, and this is just my opinion, Labtech is too complicated. I hate the interface tech's have to use, with a passion. I did some subcontracting for a company that uses LabTech and I had a hard time trying to find the tools I'm looking for. Kasey's interface it so much more user friendly, it's web based. took me a week to become familiar with Kaseya interface, used LabTech for 3 months and was fumbling around trying to find my tools. I checked out LabTech recently, June 2016 and it still sucks. I could go on and on.. So I'll just end here. Just buy ConnectWise, you'll be glad you did.

Pros:

Mobile iPhone app is A W E S O M E !!! Your clients can use the customer portal Constant Updates Feature request bidding system. 24 hour support online training videos Application blueprints, telling you which modules interact with other modules. Handles complicated and compounded agreements. If you can sell it, ConnectWise can do it. QuickBooks integration is seamless. if you create a product in ConnectWise it will automatically create the product in QuickBooks when it syncs. Mark invoices as paid in QuickBooks and sync to ConnectWise. They are the biggest, so they integrate with everybody. Go to a big IT conference and ask how many people use ConnectWise. The majority can't be wrong.

Cons:

It can be overwhelming for small companies The north american cloud can be slow sometimes, they know about it, they are rewriting the program so it operates faster but it's a big project. so they release bits and pieces at a time (weekly) If it isn't in ConnectWise it didn't happen, yeah it adds a bunch of work to your day. Junk in junk out. Each user needs their own account. don't buy the on-premise edition, you won't be able to keep up with the updates. They update so frequently I have to update my QuoteWerks frequently,

Glenn
IT Analyst in US
Wholesale, 501–1,000 Employees

Good Product, Deployment Can Take Some Work

Comments: We used a consultant to help us get going, which was a godsend. If you're looking at this product, get a consultant to help you through implementation. Also the chat support through ConnectWise is very good, so if you have questions that's the first place I would turn after looking through the University and forums.

Pros:

Our company came onboard with Manage and Automate at the same time, so once we had the integration between them set up it made service tickets very easy to work. It's very customizable for however your business operates with support for the whole service lifecycle, from sales and quoting new customers all the way through to invoicing. We use it for an internal IT solution so that part isn't as important for us, but good to know it's there. Also the ConnectWise University has a lot of good material to help get you going, with training in nearly every aspect of the system.

Cons:

There are so many things to set up in the beginning, depending on the complexity of your business it could take months before you're ready to go live. Also, because it's meant for MSPs there are a lot of things like on the financial side that we don't need for internal IT.

Seth
President in US

Our ConnectWise Experience

Comments: In 2007, we started as a computer repair shop and evolved into an MSP with 20 technicians. This year, I made a regrettable decision: we transitioned our entire tech stack to ConnectWise, moving away from Autotask, N-able, and Zomentum. Since then, we've invested over a thousand man-hours just trying to get the system functional.We took an objective approach, documenting ConnectWise's limitations, missing features, and bugs. Our conclusion: it's a step backward from the tools we used before. Details available upon request, as we're not sharing the document publicly due to legal reasons.To make matters worse, we're in a three-year contract with little flexibility from ConnectWise to find a solution. We're even considering paying for the software without using it. If you're contemplating a switch, I implore you to learn from our mistakes. Our experience can hopefully help others make more informed choices.

Pros:

- The ability to easily create recurring service tickets

Cons:

-Workflows run on a 10-minute timer rather than constantly-Ticket templates can only be applied after creating tickets-Opportunity templates don’t exist-No way to standardize note creation that impact status and email CC-No way to standardize time entry creation using templates that impact status and email CC-Client’s e-mail address does not appear on opportunities-No way to add in-line pictures to opportunities. Only downloadable attachments-No way to add multiple resources to an opportunity’s activities-No standard approval function for approve and post process-No notify resource option for individual notes-No way to edit schedule entry descriptions-No way to add multiple tickets to a service call-No way to bookmark or favorite a client-No way to edit items added by exchange-No way to view a 5-day work week on the calendar-No way to add opportunity pods-Ticket automation regarding changing boards doesn’t allow for simply changing boards and keeping other settings on the ticket, such as status and work type-Services and products do not group under one invoice without creating an additonal invoice-To give a discount you must create a line item specifically for this.-Default billable rates changes when board changes-Can’t add more teams to the Dispatch Calendar list. (known issue)-Agreements and time/tickets can’t be invoiced together-No support for browser based predictive textNo characters for the additional 40 items on my list.

Warren
General Manager in UK
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

A great solution to combine all the needs of an MSP

Comments: We signed up with Manage over 12 years ago and have never looked back. It is constantly being improved, it links our RMM tool with the CRM capabilities and provides all of our staff with their base Software to be running day in, day out.

Pros:

We primarily purchased Manage for its Ticket facility. It now integrates all of our departments, including finance, support, sales and procurement.

Cons:

Most of the gripes over the years, have been resolved to be honest, though regular updates. In terms of pricing, it's not the cheapest out there. But it does the job well. I guess the support has been better in the past. More often that not now, if you get a problem, it's rarely a quick fix. It has to get escalated etc.

Good Ticketing System for MSP and IT companies

Comments: I wish they would get Rich text right. TeamSupport has this perfectly and they are a much smaller company. Another downer is the integration with ITGlue I think it's a bit clunky and if you add the Automate integration it almost loses it's mind. I wish there was a better way to integrate all these platforms. But mainly the rich text could go a long long way for visual users.

Pros:

There are a lot of features on this platform that would be of interest to MSP's. The time entry, calendar ease, global search. Asset and configuration and contact addition is great.

Cons:

One thing i strongly dislike about Manage is that you can't add rich text to the ticket entries not drop images which make things easier for tech just picking up on tickets.

Yeprem
Yeprem
Systems Administrator in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Complete solution but slow as molasses

Pros:

Almost every base is covered in the desktop version of Connectwise Manage. The web version is quite complete as well. The mobile app is horrendous.

Cons:

Slooooooowwwww. I can't stress enough how slow it is. Every user at our company complains about how much it lags. It doesn't matter where we are or which computer we are using. It is slow. Gigabit internet connection at home and at the office, slow. Brand new 8th gen CPU desktop with SSD. Slow. Laptop. Slow. It is painful. Loggin tickets just gets us the same replies. Try clearing the cache. Try restarting. Report slowness next time it happens so we can check.

Daren
Daren
President in US

Connectwise Manage

Comments: We are using this product to keep track of all our customers, their systems, software and the tickets assigned to those systems

Pros:

We like Connectwise Manage because it is very detailed and allows us to keep notes on all of our customers - what we have done for them in the past and service tickets for everyone.

Cons:

The Connectwise platform is very detailed so the learning curve can be very high when you are first starting out. Instead of importing our information, we just input everything.

Malith
Senior Systems Consultant in Sri Lanka

Why I like ConnectWise PSA over the rest

Pros:

I like their Desktop Client, which I don't see in AutoTask. It's made my life easier a lot of times. Even if you hit the refresh button accidentally, the ticket note's start time won't reset.Though we think it is great when everything can be accessed over a web browser, it isn't always true.

Cons:

The lack or notifications feature when you have an update to a ticket.

Micheal
Marketing Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

ConnectWise PSA Has Effective Features

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I like the efficiency of ConnectWise PSA. ConnectWise PSA makes work easier for us.

Cons:

No dislikes about ConnectWise PSA. ConnectWise PSA is amazing.

3 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback!

Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

RMM tool for me and my team

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I really like the real time monitoring and remote management. You can concurrently gather performance data. In addition, you can connect to multiple workstations.

Cons:

I have no negative feedback yet during the 9months that I have been using the software

Brian
Escalation Engineer in US

CW Manage is our Mission Critical Ticketing Solution

Comments: Overall, the product works as we need it to work. When there is a problem, it is normally handled well with some exceptions. The overall customer service experience could be better. Have also read some nightmare stories about the process of leaving / migrating away from CW Manage. Hopefully we don't need to go that route in the future, as most of our processes depend on CW Manage working as expected.

Pros:

There is a learning curve, mainly due to how much the software can do. That does mean it can be a little complex at times, but at the same time makes it extremely powerful and flexible to fit our needs. We are able to manage tickets across our client base, including project tickets. We can create and edit configurations and attach them to the tickets (example: a server or printer), and then go back and track down ongoing/consistent issues with specific pieces of hardware or software easily. Outlook calendar integration is nice (when it works as expected). We can send out mass email communications to our client base on demand. We utilize this software in so many ways, it can be daunting to a newcomer.

Cons:

There is a more recent track record of updates breaking crucial things, such as Outlook calendar integration. Our on-prem instance (not cloud) of CW Manage ceased to function some months ago due to an Amazon Web Services outage, which should not have been an issue with an on-prem server instance. Level 1 support can be laughably bad at times. The company seems to be making a serious effort to improve on these things, but they still appear to have a ways to go until they are at that point of having a consistent and stable product (especially when updates are involved).

Paul
Director of Service Delivery in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Connectwise gets the job done but could use a facelift

Comments: Overall it is a good platform and ecosystem. They have acquired many other platforms and services over the years. Being a market leader would just like to see more out of CW.

Pros:

At the end of the day CW manage does what we need it to do. It's strong suits are ticketing, configuration tracking, and large of integrations. CW is one of the largest PSAs out there in the MSP world and they are stil here for a reason. Tight integration with their RMM automate is a big plus as well.

Cons:

To me being a long time user I woudl like to see greater progress with updates and improving the user interface. CW from 10 years ago doesn't look much different than CW of today. While features trump usability at some point it starts to weigh you down. Especially when comparing to other platforms that seem to be up to speed with the modern age.

Lane
Used the Software for: Not provided

Loads of Features, Little Support

Comments: If you are starting out your operation then this could be a bit pricey to get going. However, if you are established and need to grow, I don't know how you could not find this tool invaluable. Hopefully they work on the issues that I've described and things get better.

Pros:

This is THE software for a company that provides technical services. It tracks everything from assets to travel expenses in minute detail so you can focus on building your business. * Installation on PC - This is a breeze, it works great out of the box for us on Windows 7 and in Terminal Services. * Google Apps - Works great with checking Email and Scheduling Resources through Google Apps * Invoicing - It was quite the wake-up call to see all the hours we were not able to bill for with our old support portal. (Just be careful to document your work properly because it becomes viewable to the client). * Transparency - This software lets your clients see everything going on behind the scenes, from Support Issues to Travel time. It's a must for any honest entrepreneur.

Cons:

* Constat errors. - This software produces lots of errors * Slow Support. - ConnectWise has very knowledgable people on staff who can work through ANYTHING that you have trouble with. Unfortunately, they are impossible to get on the phone, by chat or by email. Unless we call and call and call and call and call, we often wait days/weeks for someone to get back. * Unintuitive Interface - They should hire someone from Google, Apple or Syntress to rework this interface. It's so cumbersome that common tools are hidden behind clicks and clicks before you ever find them. - There is no tour to learn the software - It's confusing with screens that look exactly alike on every page. - The tabs to view multiple pages are helpful but impractical, it would be better to let the information open in a new window as well. - No HA - when its down, it's down. * No Online Payments *Yet*

Daryl
SVP, CTO in US
Banking, 501–1,000 Employees

Solid Sales Team With Abysmal Support

Comments: Horrible...sales team was excellent at promising the world, but implementation and support were terrible.

Pros:

Cloud based, ticketing system was more user friendly than what we had

Cons:

Implementation, support and security teams are incapable of understanding basic high security enterprise environments. Product was built to function one way and one way only, if your environment didn't conform to how they wanted it to run you had to make major security holes to implement. When partner care was contacted about terminating contract for the inability to deliver a secure product, they said "too bad, you signed the contract"

Jeremy
CEO in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

ConnectWise Manage for and MSP/Consulting Company

Pros:

ConnectWise allows for a lot of customizations, works well across multiple platforms, offers a SAAS based model, has a lot of modules to utilize. Good for you beginning MSP looking for an advanced ticketing system with some bells and whistles.

Cons:

Support is very lacking with next to no off hours support and they try to bill you for a training project at every turn. The SAAS solution runs well until you try and utilize report writers or anything that is customized (i.e. Customer invoice formats) and then becomes extreamly slow. After you move to the Mid sized market you will find this very hard to grow or expand wth your business. And anything you want assistance will will cost you over 200 per hour to reconfigure your system.

Kim
Director of Operations in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

My experience recently has been terrible

Comments: I need this product to provide technical support. I am so not pleased at this time and have since requested a demo with Sales Force.

Pros:

What I like most about this software is its Service Board ticketing system and that they have a variety of third party integrator that work with the software. It has a lot of bells and whistles to customize what you need to run the service desk team

Cons:

What I like lease about the software is that it is not reliable. The email connector is inconsistently working which also means I don't know when tickets are not going through the system and potentially not helping a customer and losing a customer. Another area that it is week is its CRM , our sales team is looking go to sales force. Its not mobile user friendly.

Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

It takes time to get used to it

Pros:

As much as I hated this ticketing system, it's come to grow on me. This system is robust. It's really hard to implement if you are coming from your own systems. Once you customize it gets a bit easier. Also it's super important to establish workflows for techs. Otherwise it's really difficult to navigate. However i have gotten used now seeing my calendar with time overlays which helps keep me on track. The calendar for me is my favorite part to be it's central for working because it allows you to work the rest of the portal.

Cons:

I came off of TeamSupport which had the ability to insert Rich Text into tickets which made my visual way of working much Easier. Connectwise does not have the ability to do that. It's super clunky and makes it painful to attach screenshots. I also wish the global search feature was much better.

, 11–50 Employees

Its a good piece of software but its clunky

Pros:

It has a lot of options and can do a lot of different things. Its open source so it can be modified with a good programmer to fit individual businesses needs.

Cons:

Its very clunky and hard to learn and navigate. There's many sub menu's and sub tabs for every high level tab and it can be difficult to find everything you want quickly and easily.

6 years ago

Thanks for the review! We really appreciate the feedback. We understand your challenge in learning how to navigating through ConnectWise Manage. Did you know, that we offer ConnectWise University to aid in the training process? There is a ton of information in there that may help out! Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to building our partnership even more.

Terry
CEO in US

InfoCloud

Comments: Fairly good

Pros:

Feature Set Integration/API’s Strong community support

Cons:

Inconsistent Support No phone support Bugs

Brian
Network Manager in US
Computer Networking, 11–50 Employees

Defacto PSA

Pros:

Pretty much the defact IT PSA. Allows inventory and integration into various 3rd party utilities to provide a central location for storing all your documentation and configuration information. Built in invoicing, billing and sales functionality makes this a fully integrated piece of software.

Cons:

Because of the amount of data stored in the database finding specific pieces are very difficult if you dont know exactly what you are looking for, searching for something can be extremely difficult (which is why third party software vendors have come up with their solutions that ties into this product that make this easier)

Sean
Director of Managed Services in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Very good PSA software with mediocre support and subpar performance

Comments: We love the product, regular updates and feature improvements, but it's performance on even very robust hardware is stunningly poor. The timeliness of their support is also very lacking routinely taking days to ask for information included with the original ticket.

Pros:

Tons of features, regular updates, and improvements multiple times per year.

Cons:

Performance is horrible Support is poor Used car like sales experience There are arbitrary limitations to what can be done through the interface and API. The data is there but you cannot automate or take action on it without manual intervention. Requires third party software to get meaningful performance metrics

7 years ago

Hi Sean, thanks for taking the time to write this thorough review. We are pleased to hear you love ConnectWise. We also greatly value your feedback regarding our support and limitations. It will be passed on to the appropriate departments.

Héctor Joel
Héctor Joel
Ingeniero de Implementación y Soporte in Venezuela
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

ConnectWise Manage, splendid tool with multiple uses.

Comments: Currently we provide support services and project management, monitoring our clients' cases and the tool works correctly, every day we learn to configure and adapt it for our organization. You can try to acquire it, you will have a great experience.

Pros:

CW Manage inmediately catches you with the various tasks you can perform and how you can configure it, from entering it in the sales area, marketing, support services, project, management, among others.

Cons:

Each update delays its entry but its service is sustainable, but for some it turns out to be a complex system that ends up abandonning it to be able to work in which you must have experience.

Krystal
Account Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

This CRM is very easy to navigate, and user friendly.

Comments: Organization, and easy communication with the Teams we work with.

Pros:

After customizing fields, statuses and boards, this CRM is very easy to navigate. Adjusting the view to whichever I prefer is great too!

Cons:

I don't care for the difficult process in which to make a company inactive, or remove a user. Also, changing old templates and status boards. It would be ideal to be able to edit them, rather than having to create new ones. It is a hassle having to update old tickets with the new status or board. It would be great to be able to remove a resource from a ticket using the Actions tab on the service board list.

Jordan
IT Manager in US

ConnectWise Manage

Comments: Connectwise provides a level of customer service that you just can't find anywhere else. It is super easy to get a hold of them and 9/10 times they have the exact answer you are looking for.

Pros:

ConnectWise Manage is by far my favorite IT ticking software out there currently. It has helped provide much higher levels of accountability within the IT department and it constantly receiving great new features.

Cons:

The implementation period takes a long time but it is very understandable once you get into it as they have a lot more to offer compared to other helpdesk systems.

Great All Around tool

Comments: I am able to quickly and easily adjust my day with the team. The scheduling aspect of the app is amazing. There are a lot of great features that are drilled down into the application. In a day to day use it's been a great tool for our office.

Pros:

I like that it connects with so many other apps to pull data and include in-depth information. The search functionality is really great to be able to look at recurring issues.

Cons:

I don't like that there are some UI issues and that it auto opens items when there is only one. When you are trying to gather information is can slow the process down.