15 years helping Singaporean businesses

About Sunbird DCIM

A data center infrastructure management solution that offers you broad and deep visibility into your operations and power in real-time.

Learn more about Sunbird DCIM

Pros:

Very easy to use web interface, good dashboard reports.

Cons:

Using the Classic view, no single line diagram.

Sunbird DCIM ratings

4.5
4.9
4.6
4.7

9.2/10

Sunbird DCIM has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 158 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Sunbird DCIM before?

Thomas
Thomas
Infrastructure Engineer in US
Computer & Network Security, 501–1,000 Employees

Sunbird and Power IQ #1

Comments: We know where we stand with real time metrics that I have tested to be 100 % accurate. Identifies the problem with detail right down to the cabinet level.

Pros:

Features, data and asset management is easy to use and when you have an issue your calling the leaders of the industry. Support is crucial to resolving any issues right away, not 5 to 10 days like others.

Cons:

Reports could be a little more detailed in my opinion.

Manager Data Centers in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ Employees

Sunbird dcTrack and PowerIQ

Comments: Overall, the product is great/stable. Where we have challenges, the support team is always accessible and provides quality information.

Pros:

The asset tracking, visualization, and power/temperature monitoring are the biggest features we need. My favorite thing about the product/company is how accessible management is to escalate issues and the support organization. You work with the customer and that sells the product to me.

Cons:

We utilize tap cassettes at both data centers for our Corning patch panels. It would be awesome if we could trace both connections out of the tap cassettes, but that feature hasn't been integrated yet.

Sabrina
Data Center Tech in US
Utilities, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Awesome Sunbird Support and Software

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Sunbird is a great and useful software to use. When there is a version update, there are actual changes that is visible that make the product better.

Pros:

Sunbird is great at being able to manage all assets that are parts, switches, servers, PDUs that are onsite, or decommissioned. It allows us to look up what a customer asks for and tell them exactly where it is or where it was.

Cons:

When a model is wrong on an asset, we have to decommission it, change it, then re-install it. This process is more tedious than anything.

Torsten
Head of IT Operations in Germany
Banking, 51–200 Employees

PowerIQ is admin's best friend, dcTrack is best to comfort revisors and auditors

Comments: (x) Support is over-average
(x) new releases have a high quality, we always wait a few month until implementing a new release and in the last two years we never had an issue after a release upgrade

Pros:

New hardware devices are ready be monitored in seconds. Management of hundreds of hardware devices such PDUs and sensors lost it's complexity. PowerIQ superseded our Nagios Installation for all hardware-related devices. It becomes more and more our primary trap host.

Cons:

Compared to PowerIQ setup of dcTrack is complex. Integration of PowerIQ an dcTrack could be easier to use. (License) Price for integration of USVs into PowerIQ is definitely to high, as a result we do not monitore our several USVs via PowerIQ

3 years ago

Thank you for your detailed feedback!

Chace
Data Center Management in South Africa
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

Very happy with our choice

Comments: I am very happy with Sunbird. All staff I have dealt with have been very helpful ans accomodating.

Pros:

The tools logical ease of use and speed is very refreshing.

Cons:

Licences being used for essentially pictures. To Sunbirds credit they are very willing to investigate being able implement something in a later release to resolve this. They were also very helpful in finding alternative methods to achieve what I wanted to.

Umesh
Head of storage and data protection. in Qatar
Financial Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Sunbird DCIM Solution experience.

Comments: Currrently we are in the implementation phase, so far i'm loving it.

Pros:

- User friendly interface. - Delivers all the key features that are essential to data center management. - Knowledge base article with how-to videos in the support portal - Nice to have.

Cons:

Nothing observed so far.

Mathias
Responsible of data center (DC operator) in Denmark
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Mathias lörincz Review

Comments: Overall I haven't regret that we choose Sunbird.
When I run into daily challenges (that often happens to me) your dedicated support team are ALWAYS there to find and help me with a solution. I'm 100% sure we wouldn't have gotten as a good support if we would have chose another DCIM tool for our Company
Also great that you are not shy to take a Teams calls if needed. that really apricated!

Pros:

It has a lot great features that are easy to use most of the way.

Cons:

The possibility to install racks with the U-numbers starting with the lowest number at the top. Right now you can only get a view, that doesn't integrate with the U-height you choose when installing in the rack.

2 years ago

Thank you for the review.

Andrew
Senior Infrastructure & Data Center Manager in UK
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

SunBird - The best feature rich DCIM product in the Market Place

Comments: The overall experience has been a bit overwhelming to start, with all the feature rich software has to offer, but with a good professional services engagement from Sunbird they were quickly able to break it all down into bit size chunks to understand and on free online training was extremely helpful when we got stuck with a curtain function.

Pros:

The software provides a rich end to end functional journey of creating a DC room, adding the power train, then the racks and finally the devices into those racks. In the process of doing this you get a visualization view and an asset list plus how it all logically & physically connects together. Plus great out of the box dashboards.

Cons:

None from a product perspective, but it does require you to understand all the layers within your data Centre and the equipment makes and models plus specifications.

3 years ago

Thank you for the positive feedback and sharing how we compared to other solutions.

Tim
Senior Data Center Tech in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Cleveland Clinic Data Center Tech evaluation of Sunbird DCIM products

Comments: I am able to better manage and produce reports to my management with this product.

Pros:

The product is very easy to use, and also train new employees how to use it.

Cons:

I can't think of any Cons for this product.

2 years ago

Thank you for your review.

Huynh
Project Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

A Great Product/Service with a lot of Potential for Datacenter services

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Plenty of Features and integrations with industry standard services

Cons:

Some of the features are not as intuitive for certain level of users

Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

dcTrack Your do it all DCIM tool.

Comments: Utilizing Sunbirds DCIM Tool dcTrack has made me more efficient at my job and helping the teams that use it work more efficiently as well. dcTrack has become our Gold Copy so to speak with regard to tracking our assets. It helps the Operations team find devices quickly, without having to look in multiple places for where assets should be. Sunbird has created a do it all tool that works, it does what it says it will do and the level of support you get with it is first rate. I can use my DCIM tool to help keep track of network ports, and empty cabinet space and run power reports.... the uses and possibilities are endless.

Pros:

The Visualization of my datacenter floor. i find myself in it all day going cabinet to cabinet. This portion of the tool gives you 3d CAD rendering of your datacenter that you can quickly click on a cabinet and take you to the device you are looking for. This feature also is very useful is seeing cabinet temps, power usage when paired with smart PDU's oh and one of my all time favorite features in this Visualization feature is the ability to measure out cable. You can click on measure in the menu and then click a point on your datacenter map then trace out where your cable will run and go point to point. It gives you an accurate distance so you know which cable lengths you will be using. Just one of the many various useful elements of dcTrack.

Cons:

I do not have many issues or complaints with regard to dcTrack. The issues I do come across tend to be buggy new release issues that once called into the Sunbird Support Team, it's handled and rectified quickly. For example there was an issue with having to load up Adobe Flash when opening a certain tab in the software. The issue was isolated to this one tab and only when using Chrome did it come up. The Sunbird team was quick to correct this and on the next software update release, it was addressed.

5 years ago

Thank you for the detailed positive feedback. dcTrack is now flash free with release 7.0. Customer's have given us very positive feedback on our new modern elegant HTML 5 Flash free GUI. It also includes user option to use in light or dark mode. Dark mode looks really cool.

Markus
Infrastructure Engineer in Germany
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

dcTrack and PowerIQ are amazing tools to help you keep track of what's going on

Comments: The possibilities with these tools are almost limitless.
I haven't discovered anything we would miss at work yet.
You can build custom dashboards, DC rooms in 3D, rack overviews, power- and data-connections and more so that everyone can get an insight without being in the room.
For the operation of a data center a DCIM software solution is absolutely necessary. The tasks today are very varied and it is easy to lose track.
With dcTrack you can get the overview back. Of course there is a lot of work behind it but you should start with the work. There won't be a 100% solution but if you know what you want and take the first step, you will see that it goes forward.

Pros:

The support is great and you always get help and solutions for problems. The insertion of racks, devices, PDUs and connections is possible by bulk import and therefore fast and clear. You can create different roles for each user and assign rights for each user. You can plan very well in advance and then display it virtually as it might look. Work orders can also be created and documented. I have already taken part on a user group meetings where wishes, problems, user questions are answered and solutions are sought. One is kept up to date about new developments and there is user training on demand.

Cons:

There aren't really any disadvantages with these tools, just the complexity that exists, let you sometimes ask what you do first and what can waiting for. You should make sure that all users are involved in different tasks.

5 years ago

Thank you for your positive feedback. Our development team is highly motivated to provide you elegant software that makes it easier for you to perform your daily work.

Todd
SR Analyst Comp/Hosting Ops in US
Food Production, 10,000+ Employees

Sunbird PowerIQ

Comments: Sunbird has been great to deal with. From sales to their help desk they are the best in the business with communicating with their customers. I have never had a better experience with any other company from a help desk / support perspective. Literally five minutes after I place a ticket I get someone who is located in the States and has a high level understanding of the product able to help me. I couldn't ask for better support.

Pros:

When purchasing a DCIM tool we felt that PowerIQ gave us the ability to accomplish everything it was that we needed to do. This tool has provided us with such visibility into our data center environments wherever they may be. We felt this was the best tool on the market for the price with what are needs were.

Cons:

As of right now I have found nothing that I don't like about the product.

4 years ago

Thank you for the positive feedback. Hershey bar with almonds is my favorite!

Mike
Sr Systems Admin in US
Financial Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Fantastic DCIM Application

Comments: From the purchase to implementation to use, the entire ride has been easy and fun to learn.

Pros:

Ease of deployment and use; visuals are very useful

Cons:

Limited customizable reporting, although the support team will help create additional reports if needed.

3 years ago

Thank you for your positive feedback!

Banking, 5,001–10,000 Employees

3D View/Bulk Uploads/Odbc DB Connection/Easy to use

Comments: If you haven't used a DCIM previously and want to quickly install and use a DCIM and learn how to use it quickly, I recommend this product.

Pros:

First of all it has an impressive easy-to-use 3D user interface. If your knowledge of Datacenter components and operations is good, you can learn its usage in a very short time and define the new hardware models in 15 minutes without waiting for support. With the CSV upload feature, you can save a serious time by organizing updates in Excel that will last longer. End-to-end cable tracking is really successful. With access to the database via ODBC, you can prepare advanced reports and integrate with other applications. Payment is more flexible than other companies. Monthly usage is also possible. Unit prices are public on the web-site.

Cons:

Each circuit has to be terminated with an endpoint. This is necessary for you to do the job right, sometimes short-term temporary operations can annoy you.

5 years ago

Thank you for the positive feedback. Our latest release will allow you to build partial circuits. Keep the ideas coming!

Joseph
Data Center Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

A true partner in Sunbird

Comments: We have found a true partner with the team at Sunbird. They are there to listen, investigate, and offer advice and solutions to any questions we have. The product is flexible enough to adapt to what you need it to do while offering a solid structure to build on.

Pros:

Sunbird listens to all of there customers and then plans and implements the feature requests that provide the most improvement in a timely manner. The support team is attentive and works to both understand the underlining issue and providing work around and long term solution.

Cons:

The team is still working to eliminate the thick client. It isn't hard to use the thick client, but a little inconvenient to have to switch between thin and think. However you don't have to use it too often.

5 years ago

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are delighted to now offer a modern and elegant web based GUI. We even allow uses to select between light and dark mode.

Data Centre Specialist in UK
Supermarkets, 10,000+ Employees

Sunbird PowerIQ - DCIM I couldn't work with out.

Pros:

Everything in PIQ is just so easy to use. From adding new racks, to adding new devices for monitoring purposes. Currently monitoring over 1k devices/sensors across the United Kingdom with ease. If you ever need support, Sunbird has your back with quick, easy to understand answers. They know their product inside out!

Cons:

We had a few teething issues when we first started with PowerIQ and the compatibility with some specific devices we were trying to add. Sunbird provided plenty of support and got to the bottom of the problem quickly. Fast forward a number of years and I don't have any cons with this DCIM solution, it just works as intended.

2 years ago

Thank you for your review.

mesut
network specialist in Türkiye
Telecommunications, 501–1,000 Employees

Reasons to use DCIM

Comments: Existing data center structure was modeled exactly the same. In this way, planning can be done on a cabinet basis. Since cabling can be done, we can see which switch or router any device is connected to from any port. Apart from these, you can manage your inventory from here, thanks to the new warehouse system.

Pros:

The application interface is very simple to use. Thanks to the constantly updated device list, all devices can be added and placed in their places in the cabinet. Apart from these, the datacenter structure can be displayed in 3d. In this way, capacity planning can be done on cabinet basis.

Cons:

Sometimes problems can occur when removing cable connections.

2 years ago

thank you for the review!

Ronny
CEO in Switzerland
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Easy to deploy Monitoring Solution

Pros:

The solution is very easy to deploy and to configure thanks to the Excel/CSV Import feature. I had the software up and running within a day. The user interface is easy to use and I especially like the easy-to-build dashboards.

Cons:

Unfortunately the reporting is very limited and could be improved a lot. There are only a few pre-installed reports Also I would love to see PowerIQ acting as a NTP Server for the monitored facility items which is currently not supported.

3 years ago

Thank you for the feedback. Love to hear you like the dashboard. We agree that the reports tab should be enhanced. This is one our roadmap.

Alex
System Admin in US
Information Services, 10,000+ Employees

Sunbird DCIM and PowerIQ

Comments: Easy straight forward integration. Great technical support. Lots and lots of features

Pros:

Before Sunbird, we were managing our data center inventory with a simple spreadsheet, but now with Sunbird DCIM, we're still able to simply manage a spreadsheet, but along with it we're able to extract much more concise and informative data, graphs, and dashboards for all our planning and expanding needs.

Cons:

It's great having an entire models library (40,000+ unique models) at our disposal, however since some systems can have different options(ports, PS, etc) there can be some tweaking of the models required, but that's entirely personal preference and optional.

Jason
Data Center Tech in US
Consumer Goods, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Sunbird allows me to keep an eye on the status of my systems.

Comments: I am able to easily view the power and climate status of all my PDU's.

Pros:

Power IQ is very easy to use and quickly shows all desired data. The web page is very easy to setup and manage. Once the hardware is in place configuring the data on the network is easy to view and report on.

Cons:

The look is very basic. I would like to see more new age view. The graphics are very early internet. This does not diminish the functionality of the software, it just looks clunky.

5 years ago

Thank you for your positive feedback. The GUI was totally refreshed in 7.0 with a new web tool kit.

Matt
Sr. Data Center Operations Engineer in UK
Computer & Network Security, 10,000+ Employees

dcTrack review

Comments: The overall support from Sunbird has been excellent. they've been willing to help whenever any problems arrived and the diligence of their support and development staff I've worked with has been wonderful.

Pros:

The learning curve was not steep. We're able to manage over 80 global data centers effectively and plan for power, space and remote monitoring.

Cons:

The initial hardware descriptions for some devices were incorrect and made bulk imports difficult. However after learning how to tweak the models Library we were able to correct any mistakes and gain accurate device descriptions.

Ginny
IT Data Center Operations in US
Computer Software, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Very helpful Data Center Tool

Comments: Excellent tool to gather our global Data Center data and see it visually

Pros:

Seeing Power Consumption per cabinet. Knowing where all network, fiber, & power cables are plugged into to help pinpoint problems. Visual 3D view of cabinets Being able to bulk upload information

Cons:

Using classic view to make fiber connections work together Not all models have front and back pictures of them

5 years ago

Thank you for the positive review.. Our June release will eliminate your need to use the classic view for cable management. Please send the models with missing images to tech support for them to update in the model library.

Jason
Senior System Administrator in US
Semiconductors, 10,000+ Employees

Great Product, doesn't overstep it's bounds, good value for money

Comments: I think Sunbird DCIM is a great product! I think it will help my company in many ways, from tracking assets to being able to have a fully documented Datacenter so that we can direct people where to go and what to do. The ability to interact with PDUs allows up a lot of control over machines and their power, not to mention being able to watch power consumption, which greatly helps with capacity planning.

Pros:

Sunbird DCIM was easy to get installed and get started. There are many options available to track machines, and the dcTrack and PowerIQ work very well together. The tools can be setup with appropriate roles and authentication so that many members of a team can work with it and update it. Also, when I have had a problem, the support team was able to correct the issue and were very knowledgeable about the product so it did not take long to fix.

Cons:

The software can be a bit confusing to get around until you use it for a while. There have been a few bugs, but the support team was able to get things sorted out for me.

duflot
Datacenter Expert in France
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 501–1,000 Employees

Good product

Pros:

Appreciate the design of the Sunbird and the fast react

Cons:

integration with other app Excel for item