15 years helping Singaporean businesses

WinningBidder.com Reviews

About WinningBidder.com

WinningBidder.com provides simple and free online auction software for nonprofits.

Learn more about WinningBidder.com

Pros:

Easy to use and to navigate< I am totally happy with it.

Cons:

Had some problems with folks needing refund and to pay again. Seems to have a little difficulty handling large volume of bids on final day.

WinningBidder.com ratings

4.7
4.9
4.7
4.9

9.4/10

WinningBidder.com has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 96 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used WinningBidder.com before?

Jeff
Jeff
Director of Development in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use auction software

Comments: We used this for a recent auction - only 16 items, all but one item exceeded the bids we hoped for. The last 1/2 hour the bidding was very active. In the past, we used sign up sheets. Having bidders notified that they were outbid really kept things going higher.

Pros:

This was our first time using this software. It increased our participation in our auction by 500% and increased our money received by 400%.

Cons:

Some of the tools are hard to find. Some users had problems getting their credit cards to load and stick. It sometimes took 2 or 3 times for them to enter their credit cards.

Johanna
Civic & Social Organization, 2–10 Employees

Best choice for nonprofit online auctions

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Outstanding experience with them... I'd use them again in a heartbeat when I next have the need for an auction, and I also would READILY recommend them to colleagues in the industry. They should be more widely known as I'm sure many non-profits would prefer to utilize a system that didn't cost them a percentage.

Pros:

Absolutely the thing I was looking for most was low-cost way of doing our online auction, that would hopefully not be too difficult to use. WinningBidder.com is free to use other than the credit card processing fees, and even those are optionally paid by your winning bidders when they pay...which 100% of our winners did, so it ended up being completely free for us as an organization. With that, I expected to encounter issues like it being difficult to use or having to navigate through 100 ads in order to get there... or that my auction bidders would, too. Instead, I found it easy to use and get set up for my items, and easy to set the features. I also really appreciated the ability to supplement the auction with items from winning bidder where we generated 40% or 80% of the sales price. While not everything we posted sold at that minimum price, the things that did still helped our bottom line.

Cons:

The "item value" line -- it isn't shown to the bidders, and yet it's mandatory to complete. I did a lot of research about the reasonable value of items that don't have a prescribed value (such as an autographed hockey puck), and then it was frustrating to feel like I did that for nothing... wish there was a way to opt out of using that line, but it's minor in the grand scheme of things. Also, DURING the auction, you cannot view the current bid on the back end of the site without hitting a separate bid report or going to the front end to look. It would be a nice addition to have a place you can go for an overview of your auction's current status. Recommendation for future change, but overall just a minor inconvenience.

Kezia
Sahm in US
Philanthropy, 2–10 Employees

First Time user

Comments: It was good.

Pros:

It was easy to set up, great trip options. Easy to name and share.

Cons:

Poor photo quality, wish it was a bit more modern, would love to see an option for QR code to be printed and shared more easily.

Jennifer
Director of Events and Activities in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Perfect for our needs

Comments: Over all I am very happy and I would choose to use WinningBidder again. We had plenty of our own auction items so we did not need any of the extra that they were offering. I don't think I would have liked the outcome as much if we had needed to use their items because the consignment is high and then they take a large percentage. For what we needed this site was perfect.

Pros:

We have used a very cumbersome software in the past. Winning Bidder was very easy for my team and me to navigate. The cost is very minimal and it is very easy to use and understand.

Cons:

I needed to add my live auction items to the site but I didn't want anyone to bid on them. There was no option for that so even though I made it clear that they were live auction items, I have to go through and void bids that were made during the silent auction. Also, I don't love that they have to go in and check out completely at the end. Most people think that their credit card will be charged automatically. It would be nice for them to receive a text message with a link to the invoice instead of just an email.

Jaime
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Winningbidder is a winner in my book!

4.0 last month New

Comments: Overall, I will use WinningBidder.com again for future auctions. The fact that it is "free" with the option for buyers to pay a % to help cover the cost is a game changer for a small event such as ours. Paying $1000 for an auction that brings in a total of $3000 is a steep cost for small fundraisers.

Pros:

The WinningBidder.com platform was simple to use. Set up for our event was easy and straightforward. Advertising the auction and getting bidders to the site was also simple. The check out after the event closed was simple with buyers easily being able to complete their purchases and our staff/volunteers were easily able to determine that their purchases had been paid.

Cons:

The only major complaint or change that I would suggest is that there be a way to download all the flyers for all the items into one document to print them. I had to click on each individual flyer and print it, which initially resulted in me missing a few of the flyers and having to fly back to the office during set up to print them.

Melina
Administrative Assistant in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Winning Bidder

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Very user friendly and a great resource for our Nonprofit Event.

Pros:

Ease of use and very efficient. Was able to display bids and then see bids placed.

Cons:

there was nothing that I didn't like about WinningBidder.

Morgan
Treasurer in US

So easy for our auction

5.0 last month New

Pros:

We recently used winningbidder for a silent auction for our non profit Foundation. It was simple to add items and set up the auction. It was also extremely easy to print off certificates to display on site with the QR codes.

Cons:

There really wasn't any negatives. I will say some of our guests don't know how to use online auctions but that's on us not on WinningBidder

Mark
Managing oartner in US

Excellent service

5.0 last month New

Comments: Great results and money sent to the non profits🎁

Pros:

Percentage that comes back to the organization

Cons:

Nothing at this time! All was perfect and very good communication with Al!

Michelle
Director of Communications and Special Events in US
Individual & Family Services, 11–50 Employees

WinningBidder.com allowed for more monetary support for our cause.

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: WinningBidder.com brought more of a mix of items to bid while also contributing to the overall appeal to the online auction with the ease of use of their platform.

Pros:

The best thing about winning bidder.com was that we could utilize not only their products of our choosing but it was a simple and efficient platform to post our other donated products. It was a great way to have a mix of products for our audience to bid on.

Cons:

The difference in pricing was a little difficult because we had to figure out how to price our donated product vs. the prices that were set by the platforms donated product we couldn’t adjust.

Charlene
Charlene
Performing Arts, 2–10 Employees

First time using an online auction platform, it was a great experience!

Pros:

Ease of set up and management. Can have the auction running for longer and bidders don't have to be present at the event. You can categorize your auction items. Also, Winning Bidder sends out the invoices and collects the payment, but you can also do it yourself.

Cons:

There wasn't anything I didn't like! It was easy to set up and to use!

Marcus
FCA Area Representative in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Silent Auction Success

Comments: Excellent

Pros:

I work for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and used TravellPledge to put on a silent auction. First, this product being free for Non-Profits was huge, I was trying to raise money to send coaches and athletes to camp and this product made that possible. The software was so easy to use and had so many aids to help. They partner with some pretty impressive companies that donate for auctions so that you can use them as you try to raise money. Most of these I would have had no chance at procuring but TravelPledge made it easy to use these and helped in reaching my goals. Also there were some questions I had and their team answered so quickly and helped me make sure the experience was awesome.

Cons:

I wish there was a way to customize it a little more, maybe just change the background color and make it more appealing visually.

Jan
Fundraising Chair in US
Airlines/Aviation, 2–10 Employees

Winning with WinningBidder.com

Comments: As a not for profit organization, we were trying to raise funds outside of our organization and offer products to the public for bid. WinningBidder.com did just that and a very affordable cost. Will recommend to other organizations and will continue to use.

Pros:

Easy set-up and continuous monitoring of bidding process. Trustworthy Check- out & payment process for winning bidder.

Cons:

nothing. All aspects worked as advertised.

Melissa
Fundraising Team in US
Sports, 2–10 Employees

First-time User Loves Features

Comments: This was a great experience. I would definitely use this product again. It was easy, fun, and rewarding. Even though this is a small, quick auction, the excursions really added to the experience.

Pros:

The website was easy to set up and intuitive. The customer service was exceptional.

Cons:

It would’ve been nice to have a direct communication option.

Kevin
SVP Foundation in US
Sports, 51–200 Employees

First time, not the last time

Comments: Excellent, platform and customer service was excellent

Pros:

TravelPledge provided a great year end opportunity to fundraise and gave our members and organizational friends a fun way to support us financially. So easy to use, great support, awesome experience. We'll use the platform again next year!

Cons:

the follow up with winning bidders to track down payment

Randy
Founder in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Online Auction software exceeded our expectations

Pros:

The software was easy to set up and manage helping us to have a successful online auction. It was also nice that we were able to add a few travel options supplied by TravelPledge for our members to bid on.

Cons:

We had zero complaints about this software.

Committee Chair in US
Civic & Social Organization, Self Employed

TravelPledge took our Golf event silent/ live auction $$$ from $1300 in '22 to over $6,100 in '23

Comments: We may have a follow-up event in about 30 days and may follow up with TravelPledge for an additional live auction with a different audience.

Pros:

The TravelPledge Golf, Travel, and Special Interest Items were added to our locally donated items to make it a success.

Cons:

If TravelPledge would have assistance with the initial landing page for our Website or content that we could easily copy and paste it into Constant Contact.

Roseann
Chief Executive Officer in US

Great Fundraising Option for Non-Profits

Comments: Great! I highly recommend Travel Pledge for an easy fundraising option.

Pros:

I LOVED that there was no upfront costs. The only costs were for Credit Card Processing fees. There were lots of options to choose for the auction. The program was easy to use, and customer service was readily available.

Cons:

I was not notified via email of the activity. I had to log in to find out if there were any bids.

Christy
Philanthropy, 2–10 Employees

Great product! Will use again!

Comments: Amazing. Support was awesome. Setting things up and closing down seemed super easy in comparison to some other sites we have used. Will definitely use again.

Pros:

The help on this site was phenomenal. Could t have asked for better support for the very minor issues we encountered. Super easy to use and set up.

Cons:

Sometimes would get an error that didn’t give me any information on what was going wrong, so that was frustrating.

Christina
Founder in US
Civic & Social Organization, 2–10 Employees

Great and Efficient

Pros:

I can't say enough about our dealings with TravelPledge. You won't be disappointed.

Cons:

Don't have any negative things to say, other than you won't be disappointed.

Renee
Director of Development in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use!

Pros:

The ease of finding items, selecting items, and ease of closing out.

Cons:

I did not find any cons when using WinningBidder.com

Michelle
Golf Tournament Chair in US

Travel Pledge for your auction

Comments: It has been good, I am sure it is easier than I think, I don't have a lot of time to work with it.

Pros:

Easy of implementation. Getting items is super easy.

Cons:

Set up account/banking I think it should have been more clear what needed to be done before the auction. Maybe a support person to reach out.

Brandon
Committee Chair in US
Civic & Social Organization, 51–200 Employees

First user and very satisfied and impressed.

Comments: I was really impressed with the site and I received great feedback from participants.

Pros:

I really appreciated the selection of TravelPledge experiences that I could select for my online auction.

Cons:

I would like the elimination of the limit on the number of TravelPledge experiences to choose from.

Terry
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Best online auction site ever!

Comments: I can't think of any cons. Everything worked as advertised!

Pros:

Super easy to use, absolutely no learning curve! Putting in multiple pictures for each item was a breeze!Extremely customizable!Started when I scheduled it and ended when I scheduled it, no glitches!

Cons:

What cons? Great overall online auction site!

Rebecca
Head Dog Mom in US

Easy Online Auction

Pros:

WinningBidder was easy to set up and use. I liked the opportunity to use my own donated items in addition to using items I procured through their partner site.

Cons:

Was a little challenging going from TravelPledge to WinningBidder. But customer service walked me through the issue and from there it was smooth sailing!

Aaron

BoBCAT Loved TravelPledge

Comments: We used TravelPledge for fundraising. We had a great experience using it, but needed more local services to reach our bidder clientele.

Pros:

TravelPledge was easy to use and was fun for our bidders. We would have like more options closer to our local area.

Cons:

Not enough local products, services, or experiences