15 years helping Singaporean businesses

About Paint 3D

Graphic design application that helps users create, edit and modify 2D drawings and 3D models using various digital brushes and tools.

Learn more about Paint 3D

Paint 3D ratings

4.3
4.2
4.1
4.3

8.0/10

Paint 3D has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 89 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Paint 3D before?

IT Technician in Zambia
Oil & Energy, 201–500 Employees

David's Paint 3D Review

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: For simple image creation and editing, Paint 3D works great, is a very easy to import images and easily add other cliparts to the image.

Pros:

Paint is free to use and comes preinstalled on windows 10 and can be installed from the Microsoft store for free on windows 11.

Cons:

Paint only works on windows and does not support Linux and MacOs.

Azizur
Network Operator in US
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

It has a large range of tools and features, allowing me to construct whatever I can think of.

Comments: I don't have to pay anything to use Paint 3D because it's a free program.

Pros:

Even for those who have never used a digital art program before, Paint 3D is incredibly simple to use. I can get started right away because to the user-friendly design and the abundance of free training.From straightforward drawings to intricate 3D models, Paint 3D may be utilized for a wide range of applications.

Cons:

Not all of the functions found in more advanced 3D modeling software are present in Paint 3D. For instance, it lacks an integrated physics engine and a means of producing animations. Other 3D modeling software, such Blender or Autodesk Maya, is more powerful than Paint 3D. You might want to think about using a different application if you need to construct intricate 3D models.

Shaun
I do everything in US
Entertainment, Self Employed

Paint 3D: A bare bones paint software, which oddly has a model viewer?

Comments: If you run a company and want to use Paint 3D commercially, skip it and go get Krita for 2D, Blender for 3D. If you're some kid finding interesting applications on your parents PC, you're in for a treat. I don't like being harsh here, but it isn't good at really anything except the 'Magic Select,' which is still pretty neat, especially since stuff like it is normally only in paid software. It isn't bad, it isn't good, it's just there. Do I recommend it? Not really, unless you want to mess around with the goofy 3D stuff, which IS fun in its own way.

Pros:

Paint 3D is very straight to the point, which is nice, but it's also one of its weaknesses. Everything it has to offer is shown, which makes it very simple to use. It also has a feature which is in my opinion the best part about it, that's called 'Magic Select.' This allows you to select a subject (a character per say) and it will cut it from the initial image it was a part of originally. The 3D elements are a bit out of place, but hey, its interesting and you can even make amalgamations with the models it gives as a default. Also, a really cool thing you can do with these models is paint on them, but I don't know if you can export them as textures or not.

Cons:

It's very bland, and lackluster. Not much is there, other than another generic paint software that doesn't compare to the other things on the market (even in the free zone.) The painting elements are what they are, you can spin them around, resize or whatever you like in 3D. Thats it. Next is the 3D aspect of it. The 3D elements are laughable, and, in my opinion, aren't anything even compared to mobile 3D viewing/modeling software. It's pretty much just a viewer. From my knowledge it doesn't even let you use rigs. I don't know why the 3D part exists, but it's pretty much pointless unless you want some guy A-posing Infront of your drawing. Also, if you're like me and get stuck on a black screen and can't do anything in the beginning, well, that explains itself.

BRIAN
Director Content, Design, Marketing in US
Internet, Self Employed

3 STARS FOR 3D

Comments: It has served me well and have never hesitated to take images there for editing or enhancement.

Pros:

User friendly for everything not too complicated nor intricate; stores your projects. Easy uploads to 3d and transfers back to files. A generous variety of options, i.e. resizing, a number of brush styles to use with colors, effects, text options, reshaping etc.

Cons:

It can be testy when trying to add text and when merging images. At times when coming out of text function the image does not appear with the text applied and needs to be redone.

Nikki
Founder in US
Photography, 2–10 Employees

Fun tool

Comments: I have made business cards with Paint 3D and use it to sketch ideas. I attempted to use it for some of my more creative photography but wasn't happy with the results and did not publish.
I chose "Fun tool" as my review title because it is fun and entertaining but falls short of being a professional tool in most cases. Without a touchscreen device and pen even the most talented artist would struggle to create anything of quality.

Pros:

The nice thing about Paint 3D is that it came ready to use on my PC. Easiest setup ever. Draw with pen, pencil, crayon, brush, and so on. Change the color, texture, and shape as desired. Choose 3D shapes and models from a categorized library and create your own 3D images. Layer objects or photos and adjust Z axis positioning. No data/wifi connection required and no bugs or quirks.

Cons:

The faunts are very limited and I haven't found a way to import more. Some of the 3D images aren't very realistic, all of the libraries need to be updated. Other than adding to a photo there's not a lot of photo editing capability. Nothing from paint 3D makes me want to say "oh wow!".

Przemek
Przemek
Lead, Infrastructure Specialist in Poland
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

The best free graphic editor.

Comments: I am very pleased with working with Pant3D. The projects I carry out using this tool are usually less demanding, but this tool is perfect for them. It contains what is needed without unnecessary additions. A perfect tool for beginners and those just taking their first steps in working with graphics.

Pros:

A major advantage of Paint3D is its integration with Windows and the fact that it is available in the operating system. Thanks to this, I do not have to look for graphic programs on the Internet. Using the program is very simple and intuitive and does not require any experience. Moreover, the program itself allows you to create simple but professional graphics that can then be used in publications or on websites.

Cons:

Sometimes Paint3D is not enough to perform more complex operations. For example, it is not possible to cut out the background or correct the image. AI tools are also becoming common, making work much easier and unfortunately still missing in Paint3D.

Afnan
Interior design in Jordan
Design, Self Employed

very good app

Comments: Very helpful and good app, easy for everyone they don't use the professional design software they can use it easily.

Pros:

It comes with my device, I use it with my graduation project it was really very easy to use, simple and very helpful, the tools are simple absolutely not complicated, you can import pic to it to edit them ,and I use it usually to draw my furniture designs.

Cons:

the tools are very helpful and good but it takes me a long time to understand them perfectly.

Mario
Network Marketing in Spain
Market Research, Self Employed

Useful and easy to use

Comments: Paint 3D helped me to edit images without having to be specially skilled.

Pros:

It is easy to use even for somebody like me who I am not very skilled in editing.

Cons:

There mey be more direct application features, but it is good anyway.

Joaquin
Student in US
Accounting, Self Employed

The best app to learn how to edit

Comments: This application helped me a lot to expand my knowledge in editing

Pros:

free and easy to use application, with different options to edit.

Cons:

You must have some editing knowledge to be able to use the application, as some of the options are a bit confusing at first.

Pippa
Knowledge & Training Coordinator in UK
Apparel & Fashion, 10,000+ Employees

Gets the job done!

Comments: Great for removing backgrounds

Pros:

It is an easy to use and simple software. Great for removing backgrounds and simple editing.

Cons:

Not the most precise software so I wouldn’t use it for anything super detailed.

Kyle
Dishwasher in US
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

A VERY simple drawing program

Comments: It is free, and very simple. You really can't complain. But it is nothing to brag about either.

Pros:

It is free, comes with any Microsoft product and is super simple to use. If your kid is interested in digital art, they should play around on this before buying anything.

Cons:

It is way to simple, with very little features. I would only recommend this is as a last resort for simple editing.

Venita
CEO, Founder in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Fun and easy to use!

Comments: What really sets Paint 3D apart for me is the ability to customize textures and effects. The wide range of options allows me to create unique designs and make my work stand out. I especially enjoy playing around with the brushes - the effect they achieve really pops and adds dimension to my designs. Overall, Paint 3D is a great tool.

Pros:

I'm impressed with the software's user-friendly interface. The design is intuitive and it's easy to navigate the tools and features. As someone who is new to 3D modeling, I appreciate that everything is clearly labeled and the program offers helpful tips throughout.

Cons:

While Paint 3D has a lot of features for beginners, some users may want more advanced tools and options. Adding more advanced tools and options could attract advanced users and professionals.

Tamarah
Tamarah
Fashion Blogger & Owner in US
Online Media, Self Employed

"Painting" in 3D with Paint 3D

Comments: I love Paint 3D and would continue to use this program moving forward.

Pros:

I like how I am able to edit my screenshots and more with ease while using this program.

Cons:

I don't like how sometimes the program gets stuck while using it.

Siaka
Digital manager in Burkina Faso
Internet, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use

Pros:

It is an easy to use software fast and good features and easy to perform an advertising

Cons:

It is a better software. Since I have been using it I have not had any problems with

ozge
marketing specialist in Türkiye
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Tools for the Ones who want to turn Ordinary Images Into Extraordinary Ones

Comments: When you want to publish special messages for individual projects and/or corporate social media accounts, this tool is really useful. As a matter of fact, you are not supposed to know different and advanced programs. You can get creative outcomes without using complicated and time consuming tools.

Pros:

Thanks to this tool, you can have a chance to work on promising CASEs (Creative - Amazing - Surprising - Entertaining) and get remarkable outcomes

Cons:

It would be nice to see all probable options when you select effects

Theo
Owner in US
Retail, Self Employed

Paint 3D is a nice free Microsoft tool for basic photo editing

Pros:

Paint 3D is included with Windows 10 and is a nice improvement over Paint for basic photo editing.

Cons:

Unlike Canva, Paint 3D has minimal "shortcuts" for doing basic tasks like creating new business logos.

Gregory
Resale Liquidator in US
Wholesale, Self Employed

Paint 3D is my go-to for altering photos.

Comments: Overall, I am content with sticking with Paint 3D and will recommend it to others.

Pros:

I like the ability to go right to work on a photo or image without log in or other obstacles. Also, the many options available to reimage photos even add content.

Cons:

I have not yet discovered if there is a background removal tool, also did not know there is customer support available.

lisa
owner in US
Farming, Self Employed

Like other Microsoft products it Sux

Comments: I realize I should have learned a different computer system when I was younger.

Pros:

nothing, it is too hard to use but only way I can do screenshots on this horrible windows 10

Cons:

very hard to use and since windows 10 has such horrid color I have to transfer everything to my old computer to work on it

Dillon
Account Manager in Canada
Insurance, 11–50 Employees

Big step-up from Paint

Pros:

Love that this is free and has so many different features. I have used this to edit various pictures and photos and discover something new every time I use it.

Cons:

Can take some effort and time to self-learn all the features.

Alexa
Alexa
drawing in Mexico
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

fristh steps

Pros:

this is a free software that comes with your microsoff office package, its a good way to start in the editing world

Cons:

Its lacks some instructions and it could be a little confusing at the first time

Facilities Services, Self Employed

Bom

Pros:

The 3d effects are impressive, it keeps everything beautiful!

Cons:

Some functions, more color options could come

Victorio
Analista de calidad in Argentina
Food Production, 51–200 Employees

paint review

Pros:

it easy to use and deductible. It has only what is necessary and the tools are very effective

Cons:

the layout of the tools i think there are no correct.

Sotir
Student in North Macedonia
Computer Software, Self Employed

How good actually is Paint 3D and what can you do with it

Comments: I always use Paint 3D when I need a quick edit for an image. I have Windows 10 so I open it with just 2 clicks(it is embedded in the context menu). I am not a professional graphic designer but I have used this software for some quite difficult projects and it has never disappointed me. The various tools it offers are very easy to use. You can work in both 2D and 3D. I suggest you try this amazing and elegant app, and you don't have to pay anything, it's available in the Microsoft Store for free.

Pros:

I am going to start with the fact that this software is amazingly user-friendly. The colors, design, and position of all the different tools are just perfect and it all harmonizes so beautifully with the whole app. You can do a quick little edit just to merge, cut, draw something, and add some object to your image or if you are a professional graphic designer or just wanna be a little more creative you can experiment with the more advanced artistic tools and make full 3D projects. The best thing is that Paint 3D is free and you can try it right away.

Cons:

My opinion is that the canvas in the original Paint app was a little better than this. Maybe a lot will disagree with me but that is just what I think. That's in view of the fact that with the original paint I feel like you had a little bit more control with the canvas when placing the image. Other than that this software is better in every aspect of the editing process.

Tajalasfia
Tajalasfia
Freelancer in Sudan
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Paint 3D review

Comments: When I need to make a fast adjustment to an image, I always utilize Paint 3D. I only need two clicks to launch it because I have Windows 10 (it is embedded in the context menu). Although I am not a trained graphic designer, I have used this program on a number of challenging tasks, and it has never let me down. It includes a variety of tools that are all extremely simple to use. Both 2D and 3D work may be done. You should definitely try this wonderful and beautiful program; it's free and accessible on the Microsoft Store.

Pros:

For a recent school task, I chose to utilize Paint 3D rather than regular Paint. Since I opened it, I have really like how the UI has changed, becoming more contemporary. Although there are some updates and new capabilities over the previous Paint, the tools for using Paint 3D in two dimensions still function the same manner, which I really appreciated. It is startling when you talk about its most notable modification, which is the capacity to now work on a z-axis. Paint 3D enables you to approach and familiarize yourself with that world in a very straightforward manner, despite the fact that it is not software intended for a professional market.

Cons:

There aren't many founts left, and I can't seem to find a way to import more. All of the libraries need to be updated, and some of the 3D graphics aren't particularly realistic. There aren't many options for photo editing besides adding to a picture. Nothing in Paint 3D inspires me to exclaim, "Oh my!"

Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Great updated version of a classic

Pros:

I loved the new features, Paint is a classic, the easiest way to edit a simple image, and now it has even more advanced settings, so you can make some great edits.

Cons:

The feature I never used is the 3D editor, I understand this may be useful for some people but I think it could be erased and not a lot of people would miss it.