BrainCert Reviews

• Overall

About BrainCert

BrainCert is the easiest way to learn, teach, and collaborate online. BrainCert offers four products in one unified solution.

Learn more about BrainCert

Dren G.
Teacher
Civil Engineering, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/03/2019

"An Impressive Platform"

Comments: I have not realised any benefits yet as I only started using it. But I see great potential with this platform in the future

Pros: It is quite intuitive and it has a lot of features which make learning and teaching quite interactive. In short points I mostly liked:
- Ease of class creation and maintenance
- Security of Information
- Tools and Features

Cons: Most of the things I did not like about the platform is that students kept complaining about screen share quality, they sometimes could not hear me clearly and they could not see things clearly.
Overall I am not satisified with
- Screen share quality
- Software hiccups and blocking
- Whiteboard hiccups due to internet connection probably
- Overall technical quality

Hi Dren!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. BrainCert is constantly working towards making the user experience seamless. Please write to us about your problem on "[email protected]" and we will try to resolve it at the earliest.

• Reviewed on 03/03/2019
ESL Teacher
E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2016

"Amazing"

Comments: Enterprise LMS provides you with such a useful teaching platform that helped me interact with the students with ease. The best part is that whatever questions, doubts you may have the BrainCert team will assist you right away. They have been of great help from the beginning,since all this was new to me. They didn't hesitate to answer any of my questions and to be thorough with their answers and help. The tools VC has are simply fantastic and will make the learning process fun and easy for both teachers and students. Before opting for BrainCert I had three other options, and I have absolutely no regrets for choosing BrainCert. I definitely recommend it,especially because it is a great value for money. You will more than love it, in fact you will get addicted to it :)

• Reviewed on 13/07/2016
Bernal C.
managing Director
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 16/06/2017

"Useful all purpose tool"

Pros: Meets all needs for a virtual classroom, testing platform and content creation with relatively easy interphase

Cons: lack of initial support, it does not seem like a customer-centric company, needs to have more pricing options

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 16/06/2017
  • Reviewed on 09/11/2016

"Braincert Virtual Classroom"

Comments: A nice, well tailored platform which replicates nearly all features of an actual classroom. It includes audio/video conferencing, interactive whiteboard and HD recording option too.

Pros: Interactive White Board
HTML5 WebRTC
HD Video

Cons: Customer Service can be improved

• Reviewed on 09/11/2016
Fiwa L.
Software developer
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2019

"E-Learning Platform Review"

Comments: Since the last time I used it it was great, but I honestly think it could be made more user friendly. I do give it a 10 for reliability though

Pros: All progress is automatically saved, you don't need to retype stuff.

Cons: For a specific course, it took too many clicks to get to the specific task or assignment I needed to complete

Hi Fiwa!

• Reviewed on 01/03/2019
Saurabh P.
Sr Consultant
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2019

"Great Practice tests"

Comments: It has been wonderful. Gained a lot and have cleared both AWS professional certifications.

Pros: Ease of using the tests and the layout. Also explanations are really good

Cons: No pause button for practice tests. It should have a timer pause for practice tests

• Reviewed on 12/03/2019
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2018

"The software does almost everything I need for our online school."

Pros: The software is easy to setup and learn. We had our complete curriculum online in a day. The interface helps direct you to the right place when needed.

Cons: The ability to customize the certificates is lacking an interface that would allow you to build a complete cert.

• Reviewed on 21/06/2018
Zachary D.
Digital Marketing Associate
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2019

"Simple platform for accessing review materials"

Pros: It was simple and straightforward. Not too much to it, from my perspective. Just a list of resources uploaded by the course instructor.

Cons: The platform seemed only as good as the materials uploaded by the course instructor. Hard to tell how much BrainCert does in terms of organizing a good user experience for you. I thought the certification exam that I took was not organized well, but again, I'm not sure if that comes down to BrainCert or the instructor.

Hi Zachary,

Thank you very much for sharing your valuable feedback. We will forward your feedback to the concerned team and will update you, please write to us at "[email protected]". We would love to hear from you!

Raja ravi sekar A.
Cloud Architect
Computer Networking, 10,000+ Employees

"Good experience"

Comments: it benefited in preparing for the AWS Advanced Networking exam, could get to learn more even after 6+ years of working experience.

Pros: The easy of use, the explanation provided for the scenarios were helpful

Cons: no learning mode available, i had to give a try on my first attempt to go through the answers and read through it.

Co-founder
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2017

"BrainCert is an easy use and hassle free software"

Pros: 1. Easy to use and setup
2. Live video streaming is mostly uninterrupted
3. LMS has many features
4. Their testing platform is well devolved
5. Value for money

Cons: 1. Their support team response needs to improve : Needs to be quick
2. Their support is not available on call. Often it takes 3-4 email conversation to make their team understand the issue.

• Reviewed on 29/03/2017
Kudakwashe M.
IT Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2019

"Most customer friendly , interactive Graphical User Inertface"

Comments: Global Data Protection Regulation

Pros: Braincert E learning platform is user friendly , easy to load even to non technical users .The pages are not even heavy to load graphical images even connecting from areas where internet connectivity is very low .

Cons: The progress bar on the courses does not reflect the real effort of the progress that the user have gone into that course .It should show the progress of the user with the bar progressing to the right to show that the user is progressing

Hi kudakwashe,

Marjan J.
Process Engineer
Construction, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/09/2016

"Very easy to use"

Comments: I was looking for an LMS with some specific features like live classes, Forum, chat and good costumer service with a reasonable price and I am very happy I found this one.
One thing that I really like is that I can constantly chat with their costumer service and I can see if they read my messages or not which is really cool.

Pros: I am in the process of preparing my MVP and so far I like every thing ( I am relatively new to Braincert)

• Reviewed on 21/09/2016
Pravin M.
Solutions architect
Computer & Network Security, 10,000+ Employees

"Awesome product"

Comments: I got certified on multi-cloud skills.

Pros: I really got benefited from using the products as I am now able to get myself multi-cloud certified associate. All thanks to Braincert in providing such a nice platform

Cons: None that I could think of any that can allow me to put any cons.

Eddie P.
Marketing
Cosmetics, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2019

"Great concept and *mostly* stable"

Comments: We've had mixed experience so far, but we will stick it out until we find it unusable or until something better comes along.

Pros: We liked that the testing software was easy for students to understand

Cons: There are a lot of back-end annoyances, like students complaining about not being able to log in, caching issues logging in as a teacher, we also had an issue that PayPal wasn't working, and the support team said it was PayPal, but it was not, so we switched payment gateways instead.

• Reviewed on 09/07/2019
Diana N.
Staff
Accounting, 11-50 Employees

"Love it"

Pros: Videos and MCQ, best explanations in industry

Cons: stopping point on the video, the come back

Donna H.
Administrator
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/07/2019

"Great product with optional bells and whistles!"

Comments: I would definitely revisit this software application for future endeavors. Overall it met most of my needs, and was user friendly.

Pros: Although I did not end up purchasing this product, I did create and demo the type of exam I would have used through this vendor. Creating the exam was easy, and adding the features I needed was no problem at all. So I would say ease of use was a huge benefit of this software.

Cons: I really have no negative comments other than to say that a key feature I needed was not available within this software application. However, I must add that I looked at several different software applications to try and find one that met ALL my needs and none of them could.

Carlton D.
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2019

"HTML5 Virtual Classroom"

Comments: I think it is great and perfect for my use.

Pros: One o the things I like is that is has a lot of features and API! There's also, a way for my students to pay
for the lessons, they want to book.

Cons: It is a bit pricy and I can't add my customers' colors and logo unless I upgrade. I am not really sure, if I used the API that it should show my website?

• Reviewed on 06/10/2019
Voice Over in Spanish, Portuguese and English (Hispanic Accent), Musician, Composer, Producer.
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2018

"They have a great product with no support"

Comments: I loved the platform when I first discovered it and immediately subscribed to it, but as soon as I started trying to set it up, I was very frustrated with it and the lack of real support. My suggestion to Braincert is get someone who knows about how to set up real support for your company and spend some money on it. I would have loved to actually use it but it was starting to be a headache. If I hire a platform for my courses, the idea is to be able to organize my school and courses easily and intuitively, not to have to waste time figuring out how to work with the platform.

Pros: The virtual classroom was great. Very powerful and versatile. You can use most of the formats for teaching without any issue. The issue I did not like was that if you want to record the class, you can't play movies from your computer or from any links without the need to stop the recording. This was a major no-no for me as I needed to record all the classes. Also, the virtual classroom would not work with tablets unless there was an app.

Cons: The lack of support. They offer live support. However, they mostly want to sell it to you and you have to figure out how to use it. Their support material is very disorganized and the software is not intuitive at all. You have to "find" what you are looking for. They have videos, literature and a lot of information but it is not organized and you end up frustrated when you can't find what you need. If there was one thing that made me cancel my subscription is the lack of organized support. They don't have a how-to guide, or a step by step. Their how to videos are outdated and their "find" box is useless.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2018
Shellon C.
Educator
Education Management, 201-500 Employees

"Best Service"

Comments: With BrainCert, I was able to interact with my students virtually. I was even able to share and access course materials. Most importantly, the pricing for the services is second to none.

Pros: A very reliable service. There is always customer service representatives to assist your needs.

Cons: Sometimes the poor audio quality and the video being delayed.

Ellen H.
Education Specialist
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/03/2019

"intuitive product with an appealing interface"

Comments: My overall experience with BrainCert was positive, it helped us host and grade certification exams for our product effectively.

Pros: I enjoyed the BrainCert interface, it was comfortable to navigate and offered a fairly comprehensive collection of reporting tools. I liked how easy it was to learn to use, and the user design was a plus.

Cons: I wish that BrainCert had been easier to customize. It took a very long time for updates to be made that allowed me to edit templates sent to test takers (rather than editing every message individually to suit my business needs), and in general software updates did not seem to happen very frequently.

• Reviewed on 04/03/2019
Alex G.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2019

"Highly Recommend the Virtual Classroom product and working with Braincert"

Comments: The Virtual Classroom has allowed us to connect with our students that we would not normally be able to reach. The product is intuitive and we have received fantastic feedback from our students.

Pros: The ease in which it can be integrated.
The cross browser support is excellent.
The virtual classroom is particularly user friendly and intuitive to use.
The customer support has been awesome - the team always responds to my queries and have taken a lot of time to explain the product and how to optimally set up the server's for my clientele.
The convenience to share files and worksheets with students.

Cons: The screen sharing function does not always work

• Reviewed on 27/03/2019
Marcelo P.
  • Reviewed on 22/07/2019

"BrainCert, great tool but difficult to manage"

Pros: Great look and feel - very profesional
Easy set-up
Complete LMS platform
Multiple question types
Easy csv question upload

Cons: Difficult to navigate and find the components
Confusing navigation between courses, questions, exams
Several actions can't be undone
Expensive for small courses

Hi Marcelo,

• Reviewed on 22/07/2019
Rahul J.
Developer
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2019

"Brincert E-Learning : Virtual ClassRoom API Review"

Comments: Me and my client very impressed with the product. I have suggested him to integrate it on our platform. Hope for new suggested features to be added soon.

Pros: 1. Authority Structure During Session :- Instructor can allow/disallow Mic, Camera, WhiteBoard access etc of attendant.
2. Recording and storage process of session.
3. Code Editor & Formulas adds more value to session
4. Individual and Common session chat is also very useful.
5. Upload documents to whiteboard feature is very smooth in use.
6. Allow attendant to be an instructor is very awesome.

Cons: 1. API structure has limited access features.
2. Cannot invite someone using api structure to join session.
3. Screen-Share feature in virtual classroom not available.
4. API level should have various session chat log access.
5. Important Notes feature to download by attendee may add more value to session.
6. Missing Rating feature to session which increase overall experience of Instructor in improvement.
7. Embed Session to user website using Iframe will be more friendly. I think you suppose to add embed feature and it will be easier for non-technical users .

Hi Rahul,

Daniel P.
Teacher
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2019

"Some good features, but it needs improvement"

Comments: Overall I didn't like my experience, especially because in the last two weeks one of my students was not able to join the room. She lives in Italy and reported that she was seeing the message "Waiting for presenter". I am currently testing some other e-learning platforms because the company where I work is in the process of implementing online classes for all students from its franchisees in Brazil.

Pros: My favorite feature is the audio and video streaming service. It works pretty well. The whiteboard is very useful, but typing on it is not not working well. Some students have also reported that my text was not being displayed in the intended place - sometimes it was partially not visible for them. Sometimes text boxes are copied from one slide to another automatically. Changing the size of fonts doesn't work properly, too. Besides, the system doesn't save the font settings from one slide to another. I like the break-out room function, but it's really a pain on the neck to work with it. The voice and video transmissions have apparently improved, but I have had to use some other conferencing apps concomitantly to have a good voice and video transmission.

Cons: I really liked all the features that the platform offers, but all of the them have issues that impact the users' experience. Some of them were mentioned in the previous question.

Hi Daniel!

• Reviewed on 10/07/2019
Glynis B.
Higher Education, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/07/2019

"Good but a few hiccups"

Comments: It is a good product, and I am happy I am using BrainCert. As with anything, there are things for improvements. When having difficulty with some of the BrainCert functions eg Tests, Assessor/admin roles and Virtual class recording I emailed support and skyped the person who sold me the product. The reply to my questions is slow. This is frustrating because students are complaining about my college and the platform. It does not look professional. Waiting for answers for a couple of days is not good. I think I have contacted support about half a dozen times for help. I have only started BrainCert fairly recently. So I only really need help in the beginning and then I would be do everything myself.
Before asking for help from support I read the training information and viewed youtube. However, some of the problems I am having are not covered in this training​. Most problems that have occurred​ I have handled myself except for the ones mentioned above.

Pros: Easy to use. The appearance of the platform, some of the functions. virtual class, however, read below
Generally speaking, ​the students find​ it easier to use than the past platform from Wiziq

Cons: It can be a little too complexed in adding extra 'admin or assessor' as a role. Setting up the roles is easy however understanding each function of each part of the role needs to be explained better. The same for adding tests. In regards to the virtual class recording. It could be more streamlined.
For example. When a virtual class is recorded it would be better for the recording to be assigned to a students dashboard for easy access. Instead, I have to email a virtual class recorded link to each of my student who are in that particular course. This is a lot of extra work, and a bit of a waste of time. I approached to ​support and he told me this is what I have to do.
IF there is an easier way of allowing access to the virtual class recordings please let me know. I would like to use this function often.

• Reviewed on 08/07/2019