Filter by:

• Overall

About Trello

A visual collaboration tool that creates a shared perspective for your team on any project in a fun, flexible, and rewarding way.

Learn more about Trello

Showing 20,062 reviews

Laura B.
Laura B.
Freelance Writer
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2021

"Amazing resource for small teams, solopreneurs, etc."

Comments: I've used Trello for years. Many of my clients use different solutions like Asana and I even moved my own company over to Clickup for a year. We came back to Trello and every team member breathed a sigh of relief. Trello is so much easier to break down individual boards and appeals to those of us who need to see visuals. I manage my podcasts, blog writing, email newsletters, speaking engagements, and even my personal recipe storage is on Trello. It's so easy to grab from the web browser or the app on my phone and I love that you can search so easily even after something has been archived.

Pros: So easy to use
Very visual
Price is right
Easy to add/remove members
Search capability is excellent

Cons: Sometimes customer service is a bit slow; it's not easy to set up as a nonprofit to get the nonprofit discount. We had to go back and forth but eventually got it set up.

Alternatives Considered: ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Trello: I felt Clickup was extremely cluttered and I had a hard time finding things there.

Switched From: ClickUp

• Reviewed on 13/10/2021
Nolan H.
Merch Analyst
Retail, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2021

"Trello Review"

Comments: As mentioned above, my team can't do our tasks until the previous team has completed theirs (data management & order writing). Trello is my most-used software, we use it across my entire POD, and across each division as well. It helps make sure that nothing slips between the cracks and that other teams aren't being held up unnecessarily.

Pros: Trello has become instrumental to my team's success whilst working in a remote environment. The way my different teams work with each other is similar to different cogs in a machine - each person has to do their task before the next team can start their work. My favourite thing about using Trello in our everyday is that you can create boards, lists etc. that are customizable. The Tagging feature is by far my favourite thing because you can let coworkers know in real-time when my piece of the puzzle is ready for them. Being able to integrate other programs into Trello (Dropbox, Google drive etc.) is a close second favourite feature!

Cons: I haven't done a deep dive to see what causes this, but I get logged out of Trello all the time and have to sign in again. Could be a setting on my end and have nothing to do with the software though!

• Reviewed on 13/08/2021
Nitin S.
Nitin S.
Senior Graphics Designer
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2021

"Really helpful and must have application for startups to team collboration"

Comments: Overall Trello is very good application as compared to other free alternatives available. I have been using it since 12 months and never regret much about this. Startups will definitely go for this application instead of paying for upgrade you can use it for free until you really need it.

Pros: Trello have been improved a lot compared to previous few months. The dashboard is really amazing and analyzing stats by graphs became very simple. I have been using its lifetime free version with some limitations like I cannot add more team members in free version. Still its helping me schedule tasks in advance with planner, assigning and labeling it to my team, tracking status of each and every task. Trello can be easily integrated with any system configuration as its a web based tool.

Cons: Sometimes like other applications it also have bumpers in between while scheduling tasks that many times make team members clutter into wrong decisions. I personally don't like drag drop feature as sometimes I accidently move cards in wrong places while moving my cursor somewhere else. I cannot be able to find any gantt chart view for my projects modules. If they add it then it will be helpful.

Alternatives Considered: Asana

Reasons for Switching to Trello: The only purpose of using Trello that I have seen a advertisement for free tool for team collaboration and when I started using it I am used to it and never tried any other option at that time.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2021
Mariam A.
Mariam A.
Sales Manager
Banking, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2021

"How to become much more efficient at work"

Comments: I even don't know where to start, and how I use it exactly, to convey the influence of Trello on my life. But I will try. But I will try. I have several companies I operate and several fresh ideas that happen to me at least weekly. These thoughts must go someplace. They ended up in other locations before Trello, such as Samsung Notes. But it was not organized enough to properly handle everything and produce an order, much less than Trello. My thoughts were restless all over the place. I used Trello more and more in the last year, and I have developed a lot on my primary board (for my office).

Pros: The best option for groups! Easy mobility, simple plan, better than similar apps like Skype, Teams, Asana, Slack, Facebook Workplace, and others. Schedules can be used. The maximum size of connections without business class is 10 MB. - Without business class, all of the coworkers are administrators, which means that anybody may erase a board or someone else. I don't have a private informing highlight for myself. It wouldn't be too bad. It's really beneficial in terms of project management for executives. I liked that you could set cutoff timeframes and choose which cards/tasks to arrange and accomplish within the specified time frame. Whatever the case may be, all things being equal, I adore it!

Cons: Trello is a great tool, but it's restricted in terms of the projects it can manage. Trello is ideal for little tasks, but not for large ones. For example, in our firm, we would utilize the app to purchase a helicopter part from another country and then handle the freight and shipping until it was delivered. Due to the restricted storage space, attachments such as mp4 movies and other big media files cannot be posted. We occasionally want to upload movies to Trello to provide a clearer image to the Managers who will be viewing it, however this is a problem when the storage space available is restricted.

• Reviewed on 29/07/2021
Dushyant P.
Engineer
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/02/2021

"Easy to use, one size fits all"

Comments: The most important part of a productivity tool is that it should help you save time. Trello lets you do that, by focusing on core functionalities in the simplest way possible, without going out of its way to overburden you with features. The UI, while slightly old, is blazing fast, minimalist and intuitive. It can be used by organizations to manage team projects, and individuals for their own tasks management.

Pros: - Extremely intuitive and easy to use
- Blazing fast
- Notifications are clear and easy to customize
- Rich set of templates
- Easy adding/managing members
- Easy to manage multiple boards/organizations

Cons: - UI is a lil outdated - can be done better
- Powerups are pretty limited in the free version - could be upgraded
- Note taking feature could be implemented

Alternatives Considered: ClickUp, Any.do, Todoist, Notion and Jira

Reasons for Choosing Trello: Ease of use. Minimalism. More extensive free version(sharing with team on free plan)

Switched From: ClickUp

• Reviewed on 09/02/2021
Jakob B.
Jakob B.
International Development Manager
Sports, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Simple but gets the job done"

Comments: I am pleased with using Trello. Being able to track various projects and manage information individually.
The free tier works well for almost everything, which is great for the average user, and a bummer for Trello's bottom line. If you are working with a team or need to share information with others, Asana is probably a better choice.

Pros: Base product of organizing information in to kanban boards works great. Trello is reliable, and rarely crashes. It is easy to get information in to different boards and track various states using the kanban approach to information.

Cons: Trello's simplicity is also a limiting factor. You need to start bolting on various power ups or 3rd party integrations to transform the application to a power user state. While some power ups work well, others are very buggy.

Alternatives Considered: Asana

Reasons for Choosing Trello: Needed the ability to categorize information and ideas in ways that a traditional spreadsheet fell short.

Switched From: Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Trello: I use Trello primarily for my projects and planning. Asana works well, but is entirely geared towards working for teams.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2021
Miriam C.
Miriam C.
Proposal Analyst
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/07/2020

"Trello helps me to be productive in my working life"

Comments: It is an excellent application that allows us to achieve the established objectives by being more productive. It is an ideal tool for all professionals who often plan short or long-term projects.
Trello has made it easier for me to achieve my goals. In my work, it has allowed me to obtain better results, and It prevents me from forgetting any activity. I work with efficiency, productivity, and organization, I don't waste time locating any task. Trello has the necessary tools to make project planning easier. What I like about Trello is that it helps me to take advantage of my time since I am clear about what I have to do, it is an app that motivates me to start and finish what I propose, both in my work and my personal life.

Pros: Trello makes the implementation of the projects more organized, allows better monitoring so that the proposed objectives are obtained, I like that I can register my projects and add the necessary tasks by organizing each one of them. We use Trello in my organization to make better use of time, this productivity app helps us to have control of habits and thus be able to achieve goals, in my work team we not only organize the tasks that we have to do daily but also, the break times. I use Trello not only in my work but also for my personal goals and tasks since it helps me to plan my projects, divide them into batch work and reach the goals that I set for myself.

Cons: The only thing I don't like about Trello is that the cell phone version doesn't have all the tools of the browser version; for example, to delete boards and to see other operations it cannot be done from the mobile app, but I have to do it from the browser.

• Reviewed on 06/07/2020
Dima S.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2020

"Great project managing tool for freelancers and teams"

Comments: I'm a freelance graphic designer, working remotely with clients all over the globe. Trello allows me to keep track of all tasks I'm working on with clients, and keep discussions focussed. I can't imagine managing a complex project over email any more. Also it allows me to cut most meeting calls, as most of things could be discussed directly in Trello.

Pros: It's very flexible, very easy to use. It's possible to set up a Kanban style flow, or any other way you find useful. One of the biggest advantages that it has quite functional free plan. This allows me to invite my clients to the boards and manage complex projects without any financial investment.
It has a mobile app which helps to keep track of tasks when i'm on the go.

Cons: With time I learned that Trello works best when we setup certain rules or scenarios of how tickets are created and managed. So it needs a bit of setting up to do in the beginning, and understanding GTD and Kanban helps. I have to agree on how we would use the board with my clients and team so we don't clutter the boards. But once we get the system working for us it works perfectly.

Alternatives Considered: Basecamp

Reasons for Choosing Trello: I've used Basecamp 2, which is a great tool. Few reasons why I switched to Trello: - Trello has free plan with enough functionality for my needs. - Trello is based on the boards and tickets experience which gives a better overall view of what is happening and feels faster. - Basecamp 2 has a bit more linear experience based on discussions, and sometimes older discussions were getting buried under new discussions.

Switched From: Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Trello: I was considering switching to Basecamp 3, but it's a bit expensive for my needs and too complicated. I like the light and fast Trello's experience much more. Free plan is a big plus.

• Reviewed on 18/02/2020
Mehjabeen H.
designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2020

"project management with trello"

Comments: I have use many project management apps and softwares before trello. But none has the ability to function as an editorial calendar, project management pipeline and much more. I depend on trello for my work, business and personal life. My weekly schedule, my blog, even my gardening is managed on trello. All my ideas would just get lost without trello. It's like having a virtual accountability partner

Pros: the ability to have a pipeline for all your projects

Cons: the fact that it can be very confusing at first. Powerup functionalities can improve

Alternatives Considered: Asana

Reasons for Choosing Trello: I could never see myself using asana for my blog and my business. It was great for my 9-5 only.

Switched From: Asana

Reasons for Switching to Trello: The planning and milestones in Asana remind me of boring spreadsheets, versus trello seemed so much more fun to work with.

• Reviewed on 25/02/2020
Jeremiah P.
Jeremiah P.
Head of Optimization and Engagement
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2020

"The simplest project management tool I've ever used"

Comments: Trello is incredible. For a small, agile, team trying to manage the day-to-day operations, it's perfect. If you're looking for something to manage organizations in the hundreds or thousands, or something with sophisticated reporting, I'd look at other options.

Pros: Trello is dead simple. It takes about 30 seconds to signup and start using it for task management, and another 15 minutes to start understanding how to do some more sophisticated tasks with the tool. It's also extremely easy to use for collaboration. Because of the easy signup it's better than most tools for bringing in other team members and easily working them into the everyday flow of the software. I also love that it's free for the basic tools. We have a team of 12 people who use it on a daily basis and have never had to pay for usage. That said, if we wanted to use it with other teams we'd likely need to pay, but it's still substantially less expensive than the alternatives. With Trello it's really easy to manage multiple boards which is super handy because I can manage both personal and business tasks from the same website, without needing to switch logins.

Cons: There's not much to dislike about Trello when used for smaller teams/organizations. The core features are definitely a bit limited compared to other top project management tools, but there's a lot of really solid additions on paid plans that help level it up. It probably wouldn't be my choice for project management in an organization of hundreds, but for our purposes it works extremely well.

Alternatives Considered: Basecamp, monday.com and Jira

Reasons for Choosing Trello: Jira was too complex for what we needed.

Switched From: Jira

Reasons for Switching to Trello: We wanted something simple, and easy to setup.

• Reviewed on 16/02/2020
Vineet E.
COO
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2020

"Great, no-frills workflow and management tool"

Comments: Trello has helped uniquely mobilize my engineering team, allowing us to create a unique system combining the best parts of agile and traditional waterfall development for our medical device hardware workflow. It helps us realize changes to devices in a sustaining engineering project much more easily, with the full team understanding what everyone is doing and what the end goal is.

Pros: Lightweight and Easy to learn. For the features that exist, Trello executes them quite well, and the readability and usability of the software is excellent. I like the ability to separate work into columns and provide a custom workflow. The assignment tools allow me to keep team members directly responsible for getting tasks done on time. the integrations with other platforms allow for easy file management and attachment of relevant documentation.

Cons: Add-ons don't always make sense and could use some better screening by Trello. They aren't quite as intuitive and sometimes they make the experience clunky. Trello could also do a better job showing how different card management strategies can be tailored for use in specific applications/industries. Currently, there isn't a lot of direction for new users and often it takes time to feel out the best practices of the platform.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Project, monday.com and Jira

Reasons for Switching to Trello: It seemed like a great user-friendly tool compared to competition and had a no-risk free version. It has proven to be scaleable and adaptable and the team enjoys using over tools used at past companies like MS project because of how easy and collaborative it is.

• Reviewed on 21/01/2020
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2020

"Great Way to keep track of projects in a virtual team"

Comments: Like any tool, the crux of the matter is wether you can get your team to adopt it and use it, rather than just keep plowing along with email. But my experience has been that the visual way that you can get a lot of information represented with one glance and the flexibility of how you do this, combined with the notifications (email, computer, mobile apps) makes it far superior to email and my team has realized this.

Pros: This visual way this represents information and the flexibility in how this information is represented on the 'board' and within each 'card' makes this an invaluable tool for our virtual team.
I like most that this software gives you a visual representation of your work. You can see at a glance where things are at. We use it for client projects with multiple milestones to see where we are in each of the cases. The "cards" let you add all types of information in a facebook like feed: documents, photos and scans, notes, you can have discussions here. You can also add deadlines to a card, which will remind you at the set time on your desktop or phone. (apps for all major platforms are available). Notifications also get sent to your email if you so desire.
I also really like that once you have written a checklist, and you create a new card you can easily use the former checklist as a template for the new card. This means we can make our SOP's into checklists and maintain these so all people who work on a project use the same standardized measurements of the progress on a project.

Cons: The way usernames are created seems a bit random. For example my colleage, lets call him "Frank Michaels" gets a username assigned that looks like this @frankmich2453 - when I want to address him (tag him) in a conversation to ensure he gets an altert that this is something he needs to look at, this weird, random username gets used. Its not really an issue with functionality as much as aestetics and defintely not a deal breaker.

Alternatives Considered: Basecamp

Reasons for Choosing Trello: Basecamp is a great product but the pricing options for Trello are better (free options are available) and (not sure why) adoption has worked better, eventhough I like the aestitics of Basecamp better, but visual representaiton through these 'cards' is really well implemented and helps many people understand infomraiton quicker.

Switched From: Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Trello: Basecamp is a great product but the pricing options for Trello are better (free options are available) and (not sure why) adoption has worked better, eventhough I like the aestitics of Basecamp better, but visual representaiton through these 'cards' is really well implemented and helps many people understand infomraiton quicker.

• Reviewed on 11/01/2020
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/01/2020

"The perfect tool to follow up team tasks and projects"

Comments: The main use of Trello is the team follow up by following the tasks, the due date and the projects.
This is the best tool to work together within a team and to keep all tasks organized and well assigned.
Coupled to Microsoft Outlook, Teams and Project, it is the best combination to manage a team and big projects.

Pros: Trello is very easy to understand and to use.
The dashboard is very clean and easily useable.
There are very high quality features such us assigning tasks to team, with due dates, with priority levels, ...
Trello can be integrated to other softwares such us Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Teams.
We also set up a ticketing tool to solve all customer requests and bug reports.

Cons: Nothing I really didn't like about Trello...
Maybe be one thing could be improved : it is the history of the actions done on the task and tiles. At the moment, the history is too loaded and sometimes it is not easy to find the most important actions done.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft To Do, Todoist, Asana and Airtable

Reasons for Switching to Trello: Trello is used by a lot of people and is well supported. It is very easy to use and easy to understand by all the team, whatever their level. The user interface is very simple and friendly. It helps focus on the mains tasks and work. Very good features to help managing projects. It is integrated to Microsoft Teams and Outlook which are our main softwares in the company.

• Reviewed on 03/01/2020
Nancy W.
Sr. MIS Specialist/Business Analyst
Automotive, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2019

"Great team collaboration and organization tool"

Comments: I am a beginner at Trello, so have not investigated all the functionality. That being said, I can envision, with proper licensing, utilizing Trello daily in my job, home, home business, and travel. A software vendor managing a new implementation developed a sort of scrum board with user stories, where we can post questions/concerns we come upon during the implementation life cycle. In addition to using a basic "post-it note" type board, I was very easily able to create a full series of test scripts and assign team members within the first 30 minutes of use. MUCH more elegant than a giant workbook! Browsing templates, I found a trip planner for Paris, which is where I plan to take my granddaughter next summer. I was effortlessly able to change the itinerary and edit embedded link to the Skyscanner power-up to point to our home airport and actual dates. My granddaughter is a member, so when she sees or thinks of something she wants to do, she can add a card or link to our trip board. Recently my business partner for our part-time Etsy shop sent a link to a Trello board template for inventory keeping, so after the holidays, we plan to start developing this for our shop. This is a fantastic tool to keep on track and take away the pain of sorting through so many activities, tasks, to-do's, plans, etc. Two thumbs up!

Pros: Cloud based - available 24/7 without having to VPN in to a server that stores Project docs.
Flexible - create test scripts, PM tasks/timelines, to-do lists, trip planning, inventory
Fun - allows switching backgrounds, cute stickers, set reminders, embed links and maps, allows users to give it a personal touch and flair
Easy - simple to use, with many templates available online. The seems to be no limit to the the uses one can imagine for this product.
5S - Eliminates the need for post-its and binders full of scribbled notes - just add a note/task/card and it is there in the cloud, accessible with a click for future reference.

Cons: The only setback I have experienced is that an upgrade to 'business class' is required to utilize more than one "Power-up," per board. 'Power ups' are free add-ons different functions and enhancements and embedded links to maps, travel sites, calendars, etc.. I have not yet approached my company to purchase an upgrade, since I do not know who would use these multi-power-upped boards that would require additional 'business class' licenses. We ran in to this with PowerBI as well - great if there are only a few using, but the costs quickly accumulate once users see how greatly this would impact their work efforts. Without the power-up, I cannot get dates on tasks within a card to update automatically when changing the beginning date, because there does not seem to be a standard dependency/gantt feature like there is in Project.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2019
Alfredo V.
MK Manager
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2019

"Improve productivity of your team"

Comments: One of the main mistakes in teams is lack of comunication. With Trello all your team will know what taks are prioritary, steps to acomplish them and who is the responsible of do it.
As a manager you get a simple view of the task you delegate.
As an employee you get a list of task and status of this tasks.

Pros: It's 100% free.
You can design the "canvas" as you decided. Personalize it, and make it usefull for you and your team.

Cons: When you start using a new app, some people refuse the change. This app needs the compromise of all your team, because it's not usefull if some people decide not to use it.

Alternatives Considered: Todoist

Reasons for Choosing Trello: Trello is designed to manage task. Excel is not.

Switched From: Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Trello: It's free and full customizable.

• Reviewed on 11/11/2019
Julian J.
Julian J.
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2019

"Simple and free tool for time management using Agile principles"

Comments: We are a corporate training company and we use Trello to teach time management for corporate users. Our participants adopt very easily the tool and are ready to use it in minutes. I also personally use it to store information, manage small projects, plan my trips and collaborate with others. Simple and effective.

Pros: Trello is super easy to use and a very simple concept. However, it is amazing powerful and has lots of power ups and extensions to make it even more powerful. Its free and very intuitive. I use it with the participants in my workshops and they can all register and get it running in a couple of minutes.

Cons: Managing several boards can become cumbersome and Trello does not have an easy way to sync cards or lists among boards. With the purchase of Buttler a former third party power up, this is a bit better now, but still a big flaw.

Alternatives Considered: Asana

Reasons for Choosing Trello: We used to recommend Outlook or Google Calendar for tasks management, but Trello is much better. There are other good platforms, like Asana, that are more robust, but not free and less simple. Trello is a great balance between features and simplicity.

Reasons for Switching to Trello: Price and simplicity. The free version is good enough for a powerful experience and the paid version is still reasonable . Asana is much more powerful, but more expensive and complex.

• Reviewed on 28/10/2019
Stephanie H.
Church and Service Coordinator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/10/2019

"Indispensable Foundation To Our Productivity"

Comments: We give our leaders full flexibility to utilize Trello, which has resulted in a lot of boards (list of lists, essentially). This is not overwhelming, however; the team knows how to utilize this system and, effectively, use this as a foundational means of communication. We use Trello to stay on track with yearly, quarterly, and weekly goals; we use Trello to plan events and coordinate all vendors, volunteers, supplies, and raw ideas; we even all use Trello in our personal lives, from making a weekly schedule, to meal planning, to gift managing!

Pros: What I love the absolute most about this software, is its malleable ability to record, monitor, transmit, and communicate an idea or task in every way necessary to our productivity. Tasks and ideas are easily moved between all necessary individuals and teams. Each member involved in the task is able to clearly communicate their progress along the way, and team members can watch other's progress leading up to their obligation. We use Trello to manage thousands of tiny micro-tasks, yet it all is cleanly and neatly organized to stay on-track and entirely avoid overwhelm.

Cons: At the moment, there is not a way to have the same card (task) on multiple lists/boards (the terms used by Trello to describe vertical lists and overall categories, respectively). You can make copies, but if one card is updated, the others will not also update. I understand the exclusion of this feature, but there have been many occasions where this would improve productivity and assist projects. For now, we simply make links to cards and boards.

Alternatives Considered: Asana

Reasons for Choosing Trello: While Omnifocus is an incredibly powerful tool for personal organization, our team was suffering from the lack of collaboration in the early days. Trello turned out to be even more robust and flexible than Omnifocus, and we have ceased using it in our personal lives, let alone for the company tasks.

Switched From: OmniFocus

Reasons for Switching to Trello: Asana has come a long way as a task manager, but as of yet is not as deeply integrated as Trello into other applications. It is also less visually clean to our team, which is very focused on aesthetics for both personal and professional reasons.

• Reviewed on 01/10/2019
Aman S.
Scrum Master
  • Reviewed on 09/09/2019

"Best once you get it"

Comments: This is an excellent software. A little difficult at the first but once you get used to it. It is easy and reliable.

Pros: This product is very useful for the users who want to organize their team working. The schedule and the team meetings. The user who are planning to organize sprint should use this software as it is very useful for sprint planning. I used it as Scrum Master to design product backlog

Cons: It is little hard to get used to when we first started using this software and it is also tricky when we use it with other applications.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Teams and Lucidchart

Reasons for Choosing Trello: Trellis offered broader project tracking options. Jira is good if your target audience is fixed and limited otherwise trellis is the best.

Switched From: Jira

Reasons for Switching to Trello: Because of wide range of functionality and the ability of trello to adopt to change in target audience.

• Reviewed on 09/09/2019
Randi T.
director of operations
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2019

"Trello for Volunteer Recruitment"

Comments: Trello solves the problem of tracking people through various stages of recruitment all while keeping their information & notes neatly contained w/ that individuals card.
For us, the benefits are that we can quickly glance at the overall picture and know where everyone is in the process and where we need to focus. It has also helped us w/ our staff in that we can set up cards for everyone w/ their growth plans, family information, and more so as leadership,​ we can do a better job at connecting w/ people​ and helping​ them grow as leaders.

Pros: Trello is a game-changer for our non-profit when it comes to recruiting volunteers. We have a multi-step process including leads, applications, interviews, & acceptance levels. Tracking all of this use to be overwhelming & we definitely let things fall through the crack. Now w/ Trello we can create cards for each individual and let them "travel" through each step/list as they continue through our process. Everything stays w/ the card from their original​ application, to their picture to other details we may need to follow up on in person. It's truely helped us save time and stress.

Cons: I do think there is a bit of a learning curve as Trello is very different than​ other task management system I have used and so teaching others has been a bit of a shift but as we have used it (like anything else in life) we have gotten better at teaching it and explaining it. We do wish there was a button that could condense​ everything down so you could see more of your list at once. We find ourselves scrolling a lot of just having to shrink our screen size down to get an overview. Another option would be if the list size was able to be adjusted as some​ don't need as much space as is given. But otherwise,​ we love it and are so happy to have found Trello.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft To Do and Evernote Teams

Reasons for Choosing Trello: We use to just have a checklist process in Excel to track for recruitment. But it was far inferior and we had to switch documents and even programs to be able to view individual information.

Switched From: Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Trello: We mainly choose Trello due to its ability to create a card for an individual and then move them through a process while keeping all their information together.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2019
Yuri P.
Yuri P.
Director Of Operations And Business Development
Events Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2019

"Trello for efficient project management"

Comments: With Trello we identified our tasks priority and that helped us to increase productivity.

Pros: Trello helps to organize tasks efficiently. With Trello you can build up multiple boards in order to follow the different tasks deals. With Trello you can distribute your documents with your team. It has well integrated with the google docs which is very useful.

Cons: I wish they could add spellcheck to the software. The storage is limited which makes it hard to work on large projects. Sometimes takes time to upload a file. Also would be really pleased to get availability to work on offline mode as well.

Alternatives Considered: ZenHub, Paymo and MeisterTask

Reasons for Choosing Trello: Unlike ZenHub, Trello offers better customer support with phone and email as well. Even free plan of Trello offers more than ZenHub offered free of charge.

Switched From: ZenHub

Reasons for Switching to Trello: Mobile functionality, in PC deadline reminders, file encryption, etc. Trello offers a lot of functionality and better customer support.

• Reviewed on 28/07/2019
Tiffany Y.
Tiffany Y.
Executive Virtual Assistant
Executive Office, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2019

"Can't live without it!"

Comments: As a Virtual Assistant, I work with variety different types of businesses and business owners - Trello is customization to everyone's needs. I keep my clients organizes, Trello keeps me organizes. It is 100% customization, which is so important to me. It is the EASIEST organizational tool I have been able to find. It is the external hard drive for my brain, my filing cabinet, my to-do list, notebook and client communicator. It can do it ALL. I tried several systems to keep my business and my clients businesses organized. After I found and learned Trello, I migrated everything over. I utilize it to organize social media designs and posts, track progress on projects, give and receive approvals for documents, track passwords, website URLs, referal codes/links. Personally I organize my rental properties information and history, keep track of my family's medical history, calendars, gift ideas, book recommendations, to-do lists and more. My spouse and I use it to communicate and track long term goals and projects. I utilize it in my volunteer work as well. Keeping notes on individuals, their strengths, contact information, projects they have or are working on. Upcoming events, budgets and ideas for future activities. Trello is my digital purse and my brain's external hard drive!

Pros: It can do it ALL. It is SO customizable. I LOVE being able to copy/paste images into a card and attaching documents. This is a HUGE bonus compared to other programs. It's free version is robust and makes it simple on-board my clients to use it without myself or them paying additional software fees (Although typically they have become hooked and upgrade) The app is as strong as the desk top version. I love not losing functionality when I'm on the go.

Cons: There is a learning curve. You have to give yourself time to understand how it works and create a system that flows with your needs. There are SO many ways to use Trello, that at first glance, it can seem like there are too many options, but give it time, watch a few tutorials, or download some templates and you'll be on your way!

• Reviewed on 07/06/2019
Shaily B.
Shaily B.
Software Engineer
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2019

"Great app for young startups with less number of employees"

Comments: I use trello on a day to day basis. My team sets the priorities right in the cards for all the allotted cards and then start the day.
It's a great tool which can be used optimally by a small team with individual boards for all the different modules having separate cards for all the features. I'll highly recommend this tool to a team of not more than 20 people.

Pros: - The app is really easy to use and pretty much self explanatory.
- The User Interface is really user friendly.
- I personally like the email notifications I receive for all the tags the most.
- Also the best part about it is that we can set the priority level of any card to be picked up next
- Really great for a young startup with an employee strength of 10 - 15.
- The filters are really cool

Cons: - It becomes difficult to manage cards with trello boards once the company size grows.
- Difficult to manage a trello board with a lot of cards added to it.
- The features like adding Expected time to completion for a task, adding the completion percentage of an individual card can be more helpful.

Alternatives Considered: Jira

Reasons for Switching to Trello: Jira was an option, but was a little more expensive than trello for us to afford.

• Reviewed on 20/05/2019
Melissa D.
Melissa D.
Founder + Creative Director
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2018

"You Need this in your Life"

Comments: I've been using Trello personally for 4 years, and in my biz for just over 2 years.
I keep track of all the tutorials I've found useful (great if I need to do something 5 months later and am not sure what I did the first time), software I'd like to try, as well as keep lists of various software options that essentially solve the same problem. So it's helped me keep track of newer software that I'd like to test out - very useful for my business.

Pros: I love that there is minimal learning curve when starting to use the software. You can use Trello to plan holidays, parties, a wedding, as well as keep your business/work life organised - in other words, the software is so flexible, and can suit almost any use case which involves keeping "bits and pieces" of information together. Very valuable addition to this software are the power-ups. These are basically connection abilities with other software that you are probably already using (eg, dropbox, google drive, slack, your CRM and customer support systems). This means that you can use Trello as the hub for many business activities, invite your whole team to a project board, and nobody will waste time looking for scraps of paper that they scribbled an idea on during a meeting. One of my favourite uses of the software is to create a board that documents systems and processes that you follow in your business, and that way, all your standard operating procedures are in one place. This gives you scope to scale your biz, and makes training a new person much easier. Also great for keeping track of all the ideas you have for personal projects, shopping lists, wishlists, bucket lists. This software saves hours and keeps you organised.

Cons: I don't have any cons to write about. There are definitely days where I wish more power-ups could be added to boards, and that there wasn't a limit, but I do understand why there are limits - both for focus (you don't want to have more than a few power-ups per board anyway, otherwise things can really become overwhelming) and for software capabilities (integrating more than a few things together at a time can be risky and unstable).

• Reviewed on 31/10/2018
Joseric M.
Joseric M.
Utilities, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2018

"Trello for Work and Private stuff"

Comments: Trello will highly improve your productivity for both your office work and personal life. It did to me. You can organize action items (or just about everything any list can do) in a fun and colorful platform. Try it by starting with the basic Trello (free) which is fantastic in itself and might be even more than enough for basic needs.

Pros: I love Trello boards! Ever since I was introduced by my manager to the concept of Kanban boards and Trello, I have loved this app for use in the office (required for my team) as well as for my personal productivity (i.e., my private life). We started using Trello when it was just a simple Web app (used only via the web browser), now I love it even more since they already created an installable version for my devices both Mac (office work) and Windows (personal pc) as well as an Android version (mobile phone). Now I can access my boards anywhere I go. Also, the recent addition of the Home page sort of Wall (like facebook) made it easier to have a rundown of the cards/boards that were recently updated or nearing its due date. This is very useful when you already have multiple (or tons of) boards. Notifications are fantastic! I get reminded via email when a card is due, or whenever a team member makes an update. One more thing I love about this is that you can share boards in public/private/teams. This makes collaboration with external stakeholders possible (or simply just wanting to share a board to the entire internet population).

Cons: The Free version does not allow you to extract all your boards into a spreadsheet format (e.g., excel). Anyway, I was able to try it out (before subscribing) via a Powerup I got for free. I'm not sure about the logic of having to "Archive" a card first before being able to "Delete" it. Maybe there is a reason, but sometimes I would just like to delete a card straight away.

• Reviewed on 10/08/2018
Coordinadora de Ventas, Registro y Control / Departamento de Cobranzas.
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2018

"advantages of the trello"

Comments: Trello is a project management tool that makes collaboration simple and, I would say, even fun. The reality is that it serves almost everything, whether you are organizing projects at work, household chores, trips or anything else. Individual cards can contain task lists, images, attachments, delivery dates, color labels and comments from other people who share the board with you. You can have as many boards as you want, use one for "Homework", for example, and another for "World domination plans".
It is likely that you have already realized the potential. The Trello cards are like small post-its on a cork board but in digital format, so you can look at them, share them or add a reminder. You can even create cards via mail.

Pros: What I like most about this software is the way in which we can organize our meetings, pending issues, follow-ups, meetings and, above all, place the status that is basically required to make progress. The options and colors where each person responsible for activity is identified helps you to close the points faster. Trello works very well in my case because I tend to think very visually, so images and color labels work better with my brain than just a text. Although I am a big fan of Evernote to manage a multitude of information, lately I have found myself returning to individual lists written on paper. Trello is a breakthrough of that, it is one of those few applications that achieves a balance between a simple and elegant interface while including very powerful and flexible features. No compliments, however. Let me show you how I and other Trello users are using it as a productivity method.

Cons: What I do not like are the rows one side of the other, where we put the information, it seems very close to one another and for me personally I do not like the appearance, very neutral. The issue is that it is forcing a program to use it for something that it is not. You can also use the notebook to write a novel, but it is not the best tool for it. To organize trips there are tropocientas webs and apps that give a thousand kicks to trello, with suggestions of places, automatic geolocalization, organization by calendar, etc etc etc..To write novels the same, there are webs and applications focused on it, that you hierarchize the information much better, write down ideas, alternative plots, different paths of a story, etc ... come on, what a novel requires, with trello you will organize a micro story as much. Trello is focused on organizing projects in which many people have their roles, and show the states of those projects. Everything else, I seem to want to give it a use that is not yours.

• Reviewed on 08/08/2018