• Overall

About SendGrid

Twilio SendGrid is the leading cloud-based email delivery platform, trusted by over 80,000 of the world's fastest-growing brands.

Learn more about SendGrid

Court V.
Business Systems Analyst & Application Support Lead
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2018

"Awesome email service to ensure your email gets delivered and help you track it"

Pros: SendGrid is a very reliable email service. With our local service, we consistently had delivery problems for our transactional email, and often ran into IP blacklisted and our emails being considered spam. After switching to SendGrid those problems have gone away. SendGrid has a great user interface, is easy to setup, and allows for us to easily see when emails have been delivered, opened, or when links have been clicked. Great customer service, highly recommend!

Cons: Email logging could have a longer history on the sendgrid website, however they do have an API to receive the email history data so we can capture and store the data ourselves so it's somewhat offset.

• Reviewed on 18/05/2018
Harimohan S.
Technical Consultant
Information Technology & Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/04/2018

"Great Software in Emailing system"

Pros: SendGrid is a great tool for emailing system. its very easy in terms of configuration, implementation, administration and cost effective etc. there are multiple feature you can setup in setting sections according to requirement.
I really want to appreciate the SendGrid team to create a user friendly and spammer free tools.

Cons: However SendGrid is the best tool, i have used in past. but there is always a scope in any software for betterment. in this case I just want some customization in reports. it will be better if we can customized the reports according to requirements.

• Reviewed on 13/04/2018
Director of Sales
Market Research, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2019

"Best Bulk Emailing Software for Marketing"

Comments: The overall experience has been wonderful. It's simple, easy and yet effective.

Pros: The best part about Sendgrid is that they provide a dedicated IP for sending all your emails and the sending reputations rest solely on your emailing habits. In short, you control your own reputation.

Cons: I feel their pro plans are a tad expensive, however, they are much cheaper compared to other tools hence this is not much of a con.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2019
Taylor F.
IT/Customer Care Associate
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2019

"Great for IP Filtered SMTP/Tracking"

Comments: SendGrid has minimal downtime and their customer service is always great.

Pros: It's great that you can create individual logins that allow you to track different applications or users email activity. We use it to make sure our clients are receiving their messages and are able to help them troubleshoot if they do not receive their emails.

Cons: I don't like that you have to pay extra for more than 7 days of email activity; however, it is understandable.

• Reviewed on 21/01/2019
Business Systems Specialist
Higher Education, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2019

"Sends Emails"

Pros: We connect to SendGrid to send emails through our ERP software. Thousands of emails are sent daily and we rarely have issues. When we do, it's a unique situation.

Cons: Occasionally, SendGrid goes down with no notification to us. So we suddenly have hundreds of emails being returned or erroring out and have to chase the problem. I understand that outages happen but a heads up when an error causes downtime for more than an hour would be nice.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2019
Ajay S.
Co-founder | Data Scientist at Blubyn
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2018

"The best transactional Email service provider, Email management.."

Comments: We have a startup, Sendgrid provides us free 30000 Email. We have implemented Sendgrid API into our product to send Welcome Emails. So it helps us a lot.

Pros: - Provide best transactional Email service
- High-grade deliverability, scalability, and reliability when it comes to email management
- Very easy to use
- Drag and drop feature enhance the efficiency
- Campaign email management is easy
- I love the template mail feature because it helps in my product a lot

Cons: I am a programmer and wanted to implement Sendgrid API in my startup company to send Welcome messages. I used Python, but the official documentation of Sendgrid in Python is very poor. There are lots of issues on Sendgrid Github repository.
Apart from this Prices for Sendgrid Services are bit high as compared to other competitors.

• Reviewed on 13/06/2018
Eduardo P.
Manutenção - COO
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2021

"Good tool for e-mail marketing"

Comments: We used it with SMTP for Mautic and it has worked very well!

Pros: - Free for up to 100 emails per month;
- API access;
- Possibility of creating a bounce address;
-Easy to set up with Mautic.

Cons: There are not many cons in SendGrid, even for free plans, however the free limit per day could be higher ...

Joel isaac M.
Co Founder
  • Reviewed on 23/09/2019

"The marketing email sender"

Comments: very satisfied with sengrid, I really love that you not only can send emails but receive emails and post it to an endpoint URL in your system and catch the email, this functionality is a very useful feature

Pros: I've been using SendGrid for 2+ year and it works very well, once you configure all your templates you are ready to start with a complete marketing campaign

Cons: some times you have blocked emails coming from your platform because sendgrid IP changes every time you send an email.

• Reviewed on 23/09/2019
Director of Marketing
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/11/2018

"Functional, but not perfect"

Pros: We are able to send mailing to our very large list using SendGrid as an intermediary. We actually still use our servers for the actual send.

Cons: They've recently updated their template builder - forcing our hand into a more "dynamic" build option, less WYSIWYG option. This is fine, but the new version of the software doesn't work with our server. So, we are using the "legacy" version. If they ever turn off legacy, which I expect they will, the tool may no longer be useful for us.

• Reviewed on 03/11/2018
Mike L.
Author
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2018

"Great email delivery service. Can't beat the price!"

Pros: SendGrid delivers almost ALL my email reliably.
For my volume of email, it's a FREE service.
Allows me track my emails through the delivery process, and manually resend when necessary.

Cons: The FREE service does not allow you to use CHAT support. I'd be willing to pay for this feature!
They use to move me to better IP groups when the IP group I was in became blacklisted, now they don't.
The NEW version of their website's User Interface is not as good for me as the previous version was.

• Reviewed on 15/04/2018
Kyle R.
Transaction Coordinator
Real Estate, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2018

"Amazing customer support team backing a great campaign manager"

Comments: Whenever my team has needed assistance, the customer support team has been quick to provide answers (and then follow-ups when we need further help or clarification). They are not there to give a fast answer and be done, they truly want their users to be happy. So that, coupled with their campaign builder and contact manager, we've had a great experience.

Pros: A startup I work with needed a way to create, manage, and contact our growing email list. SendGrid really came to the rescue here - because we were constantly collecting new information (new people, but also getting more data from current customers) we wanted a way to update our client records without overwriting everything. SendGrid takes any new data you enter and finds the appropriate record to merge with, rather than overwrite. So we have all of our communications and statistics for clients back to when we first opened the account still!

Cons: The biggest concern is that we need to "warm up" our IP address when we finally splurged and got a dedicated IP from which to send emails. I wish SendGrid would take our email campaign that we want to send and have an option to "batch send" - something like sending out 25-50 emails every hour, rather than all 1000 emails at once.

• Reviewed on 20/12/2018
Marketing Automation Manager
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/05/2019

"A++ SendGrid - Well Done!"

Comments: I've been extremely satisfied with SendGrid and it has really helped us drive results for our business. I'd highly recommend to anybody looking for an ESP.

Pros: The ease of use and the ability to customize through their API is extremely easy. The reporting aspect is easy to use and great to incorporate into daily metrics.

Cons: We did the SendGrid Consultation to get our reputation better. Although they gave good insight I thought the value we got out of it didn't offset the actual cost. Also, to keep an ongoing report, it was additional money that was a bit pricey.

• Reviewed on 03/05/2019
Petr V.
Developer
  • Reviewed on 22/07/2019

"One of the few providers that allowing to send marketing emails even for free."

Comments: SendGrid is my favourite because they have a free plan and they are really fast in delivery and easy to use.

Pros: Availability of SMTP Relay function (not only API).
Meaningful free program to test a load and after that we can even use it in reasonable limits for free.
Possibility to purchase dedicated IP address and multi-user management.
Available tools for creating email campaigns right in the app.
Easy configuration on own domain and good stats.

Cons: API plan with "only" 100 emails per day for free, but it's understandable.

• Reviewed on 22/07/2019
System Engineer
  • Reviewed on 05/08/2018

"An integral piece of software to ensure delivery of our mail from our custom solutions"

Comments: SendGrid is helping us schedule a mass amount of automated emails internally to our various departments to assist them in their day to day jobs.

Pros: SendGrid gives you so much visibility on what is going on with your email campaigns. I can see who has opened, clicked, and viewed the emails being sent out, verify that they are going out, and get statistics on volume and visibility of these emails. For our team we are using SendGrid with .Net and Azure functions since the integration is already built out and very functional. All we had to do was configure an account and link our profile in Azure and SendGrid basically handled the rest.

Cons: Some of the definitions for how users are interacting with the messages can feel a bit arbitrary but overall is pretty good.

• Reviewed on 05/08/2018
Sharon V.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Photography, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2019

"The perfect tool for email building"

Comments: Overall Sengdrid is a great tool that connects to a wide range of online tools. Their email building allows you the flexibility to code and customize your emails without the limitations of a builder. With new updates to their platform, the service keeps improving and providing new options like automated marketing emails.

Pros: This is a wonderful tool to build emails. Unlike other email services I've used before this one allows more flexibility when building emails by coding my own designs. It is also a lot more affordable for companies who send thousands of emails a month compared to other email services.

Cons: The Sendgrid plugin for WordPress had some sort of bug that makes my website not load, I uninstalled it and instead used their SG Widget

Alternatives Considered: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to SendGrid: Sendgrid integrated with our new CRM

• Reviewed on 05/12/2019
Reece S.
Web Developer
Computer Software, Self Employed

"As Advertised"

Comments: I used SendGrid for a couple of years and found my experience to be aoslid and hassle-free. Some emails would get dropped but that was very rare.

Pros: SendGrid is a solid email management service which I would recommend to anyone just getting started with large-scale email sending. They have a wide selection of excellent tools, great support and a nicely designed website.

Cons: Some tools are a little hard to find and understand. It might improve with better navigation and documentation.

Front End Develop
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2019

"Reliable SMTP Solution with Highly Intuitive API"

Comments: Overall, SendGrid has saved my business countless hours of setup and has been 100% consistent with its email delivery success rate using their SMTP services.

Pros: The most notable aspect of SendGrid is it's ease of setup. If you are looking for a reliable SMTP solution without having manually route your mail through your personal email account, then don't take the time to look for another solution. SendGrid has an insanely easy implementation process regardless of what platform you are developing on. My personal experience with the official Wordpress integration has been nothing short of incredible.

Cons: The developer docs with the node.js implementation could be a bit more expanded. I was slightly bummed out that there was not an dead simple guide for my react application, but after a bit of digging I was able to get what I needed from additional sources.

Alternatives Considered: Mailgun

• Reviewed on 14/05/2019
Robert G.
Owner/Webmaster
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2018

"SendGrid Review"

Comments: Our business Server is located with GoDaddy and their email delivery service is basically Black Listed which was a real problem for our mass mailer. We found SendGrid and decided to Port our Server's emails delivery via them. We ordered a dedicated IP address and our mailing have been flawless in delivery providing all the data one would need to manage email deliveries and an manage delivery to keep from being accused of spamming or popping up on Black Listings. If we have any issues or questions customer service is always there for us. Thanks for your business, RG Grant & Associates Web Service
Your Window to the World Wide Web
[email protected]

Pros: For a mail delivery service SendGrid provides all all the data and options a customer could ask for. Customer Service is one of the best. Courtesy and knowledgeable they are one of the few companies I actually enjoy speaking with.

Cons: None to speak of. Customer Service is always on the top of their game providing Superior service whenever it's needed.

• Reviewed on 19/12/2018
Esra K.
Research and Development Director
  • Reviewed on 09/03/2018

"Awesome software!"

Comments: We send approximately 300K emails per month and Sendgrid made this job very easy for us. I strongly recommend this software.

Pros: We needed an email server provider for our web application and my friend recommended me Sendgrid 3 years ago. We are still using it without any problem. Our Pro 300K plan gives us a clean, dedicated IP address so our automatic emails don't end up in Spam folders. You can observe the email's journey and get various analytics on how many emails are delivered, how many people have opened, how many clicks etc. Our marketing team also started to use Sendgrid to send newsletters. It is very easy to manage contact lists and subscriptions. Customer support is great. They helped a lot whenever we have a question or problem. API documentation is clean and thorough.

Cons: Website menu structure is a bit complicated and left menu fonts are faded. It is hard to read the menu elements. It's color should be darker.

• Reviewed on 09/03/2018
Mauro B.
Programmer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2020

"Very simple"

Pros: Send massive mail with this service is very simple

Cons: Maybe the price for thousands mail in a month is too expensive.

Alternatives Considered: Aruba Cloud Object Storage

Reasons for Choosing SendGrid: Mailjet is less expensive

Switched From: Mailjet

Reasons for Switching to SendGrid: it's a product ready for use

• Reviewed on 15/09/2020
Matt M.
CTO
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2019

"Best Transnational Email App"

Comments: We use Sendgrid to send emails from our website and our SaaS applications. This allows us to send emails without worrying about local security surrounding SMTP servers and maintaining the servers and services around email. We love them for their free plan as well as it allows us to test and deploy without road blocks.

Pros: The easy integration with their API and out of box integration with dozens of third parties. Easy to use SMTP gateway service and amazing free to start plan.

Cons: Office365 now blocks most of Sendgrids IP ranges which makes delivery difficult in some cases. You can how ever upgrade to a dedicated IP and this isn't an issue with their software. Other than that, have more than 1 api user on the entry plan would be great but what can I complain about..

Alternatives Considered: Mailchimp Transactional Email

Reasons for Switching to SendGrid: Pricing.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2019
Zee G.
Digital Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2019

"If you're tight on the budget..."

Comments: It did what we needed it to do, so that was good. We used it for over a year for monthly newsletters, but as soon as our marketing budget allowed it, we switched to MailChimp.

Pros: It did work and it did send the email newsletters that we needed it to. Therefore, it wasn't a complete waste of money :D Compared to many other options for email marketing, SendGrid was one of the cheapest options (except for sending the newsletters manually through one's email) and that was one of the reasons why we went with it.

Cons: It's got a lot of features, but they feel half-baked (I'm sorry, but they do.) For example, you can unsubscribe those whose emails have bounced or who unsubscribed. But in order to do that, you need to download those lists, then upload them to a special list you can call "unsubscribes" or whatever, and then, right after you've imported this list, you delete it - along with associated accounts. THIS deletes the people who bounced from your lists. Seriously?! The annoying thing was the styling within the newsletter. I am a perfectionist, so all text sizes and everything should be consistent. However, SendGrid kept changing the styles of my text and I had to choose "Normal" several times (even after copy-pasting the text from Notepad that doesn't support formatting AT ALL). And if you click on "Edit HTML" (which I often do because it's a fast way to clean away all the annoying tags), SendGrid would convert my block to HTML and would have an entirely different set of styles for it. Also, the support pages were written for someone who is native to this SendGrid thing and not a newbie. Despite doing email marketing for years, I had a hard time understanding what I need to do.

Alternatives Considered: Reply and Mailchimp

• Reviewed on 29/10/2019
Angelica C.
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2019

"This is a must-have."

Comments: They have been amazing, support is fast and helpfull. I don't remember having any downtime with them ever since I joined the service.

Pros: Sendgrid has an awesome service for email marketing and transactional emails. It works 100% of the time, the support is amazing and it even gives you a free plan that will serve most people.

Cons: The price for email marketing (contacts) is a bit too high for me. It could be packed with way more interesting features. Also the editor sucks and it never sends the mail like it shows on the screen. But I do not use this feature.

• Reviewed on 30/10/2019
Andrew B.
Business Coach and Head Strategist
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2020

"Great for easy bulk email sending"

Comments: Sending emails without having to manually manage and handhold them through the process.

Pros: Easy to connect up and set up delivery of email, handles any bounces, spam reports, link tracking and continually trying to deliver. Allows set up of email authentication including SPF, DKIM and DMARC.

Cons: Sometimes things fail and can take a while to get to the bottom of, some of the reporting feels lack lustre and limited given the volume of emails we send. Support has at times been slow to get back to us, although they always do come back with answers.

Alternatives Considered: Amazon SES

Reasons for Switching to SendGrid: Had used it previously for a large scale operation.

• Reviewed on 31/08/2020
Oscar C.
Gerente general
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2019

"The best mail service provider for marketing and transactional emails."

Comments: I have been working with Sendgrid for more than 2 years and it really has been very helpful. It's perfect when you need to send transactional mails, for example password recovery or notifications to users from your website. or custom marketing campaigns. You can implement on your App easily with his Full Documented API or via SMTP. The free forever plan is perfect when you're starting a website or application and still do not have enough users. You can also easily upgrade your plan in order to get more emails monthly . Recommended with closed eyes.

Pros: 1. Have AB Testing enable.
2. Manage unsubscribe emails.
3. Easy to Integrate via API or SMTP.
4. Email Reputation indicator.
5.Full detailed report. You can see if the email it's blocked, bounced or delivered.
6. Have a Forever Free plan . (40.000 Emails in the trial period, then 100 Emails Daily forever)

Cons: Send grid interface it's a little bit confuse. No more cons to highlight, for me it's a perfect tool.

Alternatives Considered: Sendinblue, Mailchimp Transactional Email and Mailjet

Reasons for Switching to SendGrid: His API have a good documentation and it's easy to implement. The free forever plan . The Price it's low in comparison with the competitors.

• Reviewed on 20/05/2019